Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Going to a gaming expo cosplaying on my own?Topic%20Title

I thought this would be the best place to ask because there are a few seasoned cosplayers here so yeah. Anyway, I've always wanted to go to a gaming convention and do some cosplay, but I've never gotten around to it. I'm thinking of going to one later this year, but I have no friends who are into gaming at all, let alone cosplay. So, if I went I would be alone. Is this a pretty common occurrence at these things, or will I look weird? :yogi:

If there's anyone here from England who would join me or let me stalk along with them I would love you long time :edgey:
Re: Going to a gaming expo cosplaying on my own?Topic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

samboo1 wrote:
I thought this would be the best place to ask because there are a few seasoned cosplayers here so yeah. Anyway, I've always wanted to go to a gaming convention and do some cosplay, but I've never gotten around to it. I'm thinking of going to one later this year, but I have no friends who are into gaming at all, let alone cosplay. So, if I went I would be alone. Is this a pretty common occurrence at these things, or will I look weird? :yogi:

If there's anyone here from England who would join me or let me stalk along with them I would love you long time :edgey:

Honestly? .......it's a con.

Unless you're going around molesting random people in costume without their consent, no one is going to think you are weird for going by yourself.

Think of it like going to a concert. Everyone is there to have fun, except at cons there's a lot more to do besides watch the main show. Even if you go by yourself, you might make a friend or two while participating in some of their events.

I've only been to one con, but there were plenty of activities -- cosplay contests, gaming competitions, meeting a fandom celeb or two, even entertainment "courses" on cosplay or voice acting... and a buttload of vendors. Go. Have fun. Even if you don't get tons of compliments on your costume (if that's what you're doing), at least you'll walk away with the experience of it.

(For the record, I did go in a group, but for 7/8 of the time, I was on my own anyway. We had different tastes. :april: )
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Geez you're braver than me, I couldn't imagine going to a con myself. I'd at least try and rope my girlfriend into going or something like that but then again I'm pretty shy so you might have better luck chatting with the other people there.

In any case where and what is the Con?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Zoinks

Is this the MCM Expo? I guess officially I'm supposed to go with my University's anime society (which I'm Vice-President of...somehow), but I'm not 100% sure if it's even happening because a lot of us are in exam season, so I'd be up for a CR trip instead, maybe!
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Sierra Mikain wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

Honestly? .......it's a con.

Unless you're going around molesting random people in costume without their consent, no one is going to think you are weird for going by yourself.

Think of it like going to a concert. Everyone is there to have fun, except at cons there's a lot more to do besides watch the main show. Even if you go by yourself, you might make a friend or two while participating in some of their events.

I've only been to one con, but there were plenty of activities -- cosplay contests, gaming competitions, meeting a fandom celeb or two, even entertainment "courses" on cosplay or voice acting... and a buttload of vendors. Go. Have fun. Even if you don't get tons of compliments on your costume (if that's what you're doing), at least you'll walk away with the experience of it.

(For the record, I did go in a group, but for 7/8 of the time, I was on my own anyway. We had different tastes. :april: )

Yeah I know what you mean. I doubt anyone would notice, I'm just a bit shy :payne: . However I may end up doing it anyway.

Pierre wrote:
Geez you're braver than me, I couldn't imagine going to a con myself. I'd at least try and rope my girlfriend into going or something like that but then again I'm pretty shy so you might have better luck chatting with the other people there.

In any case where and what is the Con?

Yeah as said above I am shy too. I have a friend who said he would go with me but he's not very reliable so I'm not counting on him. I didn't really have a specific Con in mind tbh, they seem to be at all sorts of times throughout the year so I just thought I'd consider it first. I'm in a pretty good place for easily getting around the U.K. so open to anywhere really.

Yellow Magician wrote:
Is this the MCM Expo? I guess officially I'm supposed to go with my University's anime society (which I'm Vice-President of...somehow), but I'm not 100% sure if it's even happening because a lot of us are in exam season, so I'd be up for a CR trip instead, maybe!

As said above, I didn't have a specific one in mind, but the London ones do look bigger than most. A CR trip would be awesome, however from clicking the link it seems it is next weekend! Not much time to organise that sort of thing :sadshoe: . Damn I really should have joined a related uni society so I tag along!

Zoinks

Oh, dang, that's cool. MCM Expo also runs in October, actually!

Yellow Magician wrote:
Oh, dang, that's cool. MCM Expo also runs in October, actually!

Oh that's good. Have you been to one before? I am wondering how many people who turn up are cosplaying.

Zoinks

Yeah, I've been to quite a few MCM Expos in London over the years (and even one in Birmingham last year). They're usually a decent number of cosplayers: Around 40-50% I'd say.

What's funny is that the exact same stands are in the exact same places every year, so people do tend to get bored with it after a couple of visits (if they're not into cosplaying or anything). Also, it's very easy to get split up from your group for several hours thanks to how crowded the venue gets - just ask ultrasaint4121! :basil: If you ever wanna go alone, I doubt anyone in the convention would really care as they'd be too busy haggling for overpriced merchandise or giving/receiving FREE HUGS.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices