Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 39 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

Speaking of bad drivers, on my way to church today (I don't have my license yet, so my brother was driving), we encountered some jackass going way under the speed limit. He was on his FREAKING PHONE. I wish I could say I can't believe anyone could be that stupid, but I totally can.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Gettin' Old!

Heh, it's stupid but at least he's going slowly because he's on the phone. Imagine the damage could be done if he was going full speed and distracted.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

On the subject of bad drivers, people who use high beams in cities aren't the worst, but they're pretty close. High beams don't actually help with visibility if the area is already well lit by streetlights, they just blind the drivers in front of them.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Women wearing skimpy armours in games where they're fighting a whole bunch of things capable of killing them if they were in casual clothes.
How on earth does exposing your vital organs protect you from spears, swords, etc?
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

OK, Bipolar depression is no joke (or any depression for that matter). I am better now - my doctor put me on Latuda on top of the Depakote I was already taking and I got better very quickly - but it is no fucking joke. In this state you see no perspective of things getting better, ever. Deep down you believe you are 100% doomed. It is like there is this black cloud on top of your head preventing you from seeing your future, your potential, or anything positive in your life.

It is scary how I can see everything clearly now but I couldn’t before. It legitimately scares me. The only thing that changed in my life is my mood state. Nothing concrete changed, but I couldn’t see a future for me earlier and now I can.

If you are depressed, please remember that depression lies. It is a fucking liar. There is a cloud preventing you from seeing how things really are; your hopelessness is being created by a distorted perception. Don’t let this distorted perception take over you.

What's a Court Records?

So it seems my mom thinks it's okay for my sisters to be disrespectful toward me and my older brother. She then goes on acting like she deserves our respect when she hasn't done anything to deserve it in years. :/
Why am I even here?

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Is this the only active thread in all of CR?

The cape is self-fluttering

DeMatador wrote:

No.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

DeMatador wrote:

I'd say the only active thread is that 81 page Danganronpa roleplay. Kinda amazed at it.

Happy Maria

milaza wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

I'd say the only active thread is that 81 page Danganronpa roleplay. Kinda amazed at it.

If you think that's impressive you should look at the old ones, couple of those surpassed 100 pages. They're active enough, though nowadays they're somewhat running out of steam.

What's a Court Records?

Until Capcom decides they're ready to announce a new Ace Attorney game (preferably one that will get localized), this place won't be that active.
Why am I even here?

Gettin' Old!

Rehncohro wrote:
Until Capcom decides they're ready to announce a new Ace Attorney game (preferably one that will get localized), this place won't be that active.

Yeah it's natural, plus there's a heavy Discord presence of CR users nowadays anyway so the forum's purpose has diminished a fair bit by other mediums.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I tried to join the Discord a while back, but there's something about... big instant messaging groups that makes me uncomfortable compared to big forums. I mean, it seems way harder to talk about, say, a niche topic (such as minor characters like... Turner Grey?) because the conversation will ineviatably switch to something that more users care about. At least in forums, it doesn't feel like you're bothering 'the group as a whole' by creating your own Turner Grey thread. People can choose to look at it if it interests them, but otherwise you're not 'clogging up' a channel or something (not that C-R's Turner Grey thread is active).

Discord and Twitter have replaced forums as a whole though, so it's not just C-R. I was in a different Ace Attorney Discord up until recently, and it was full of teenagers who had never heard of the C-R forums or just found forums in general difficult to use with how much text there is compared to writing short bursts of instant messages. In my own AA server, we only look at C-R as a product of the past, mainly joking about how dated the forum signatures from 2007 are... haha. I think the AA fandom is interesting 'cause it's stuck around for so long. You can really see the late 2000's internet culture through it.

Sorry if that was kinda off-topic.

To be honest, I can't really keep up with the AA discord either, but then, it tends to be difficult the larger a server gets. (I run into the same problem with other servers I've joined.) IMO it's best when there's a balance between the frequency and amount of conversation and the number of channels (after all, dead servers aren't fun either). But I know other people are fine with the constant flow of conversation. I just stick with less active places and maybe pop in once in a blue moon in the more active ones.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Yeah I think it's fair to say that forums do have a place of sorts. I think "Reddit" just supercedes individual fansites for a lot of it as well. It's just a giant umbrella for all of them.

Least if I was looking for a message board or forum that'd be my first shout when looking for AA stuff if I didn't know about CR these days.

Which is a bit of a shame because this individualised forum has so much personality compared to most reddits I see.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:
Yeah it's natural, plus there's a heavy Discord presence of CR users nowadays anyway so the forum's purpose has diminished a fair bit by other mediums.

I barely used the CR Discord server when it was active, but ever since it merged with the Ace Attorney Discord from the subreddit, I really don't want anything to do with it. Most of my experience with the Ace Attorney subreddit hasn't been that positive.
Why am I even here?

Oh, I forgot that Reddit existed (even though I use it everyday... in terms of fandom stuff, I'm more familiar with the Twitter side I guess). TBH I don't really like the Ace Attorney subreddit either but I don't think it's their fault in particular, more something about the way Reddit itself is.

Spoiler: Possibly only due to the size of the subreddit
I've only posted on there three times (to share fanart) and it's intimidating how many people comment, I guess? People on Reddit tend to be a lot harsher, formal, and direct than other sites as well. I can handle responding to criticism when it's not so many people at once but uh, posting something and logging back on a day later to see that there's a hundred upvotes on a comment about how they don't like the way I draw stuff is weird. It's an experience you'd never get on Twitter unless you were wildly popular.

Then Reddit has the whole thing of not being able to respond to threads more than two days old and have anyone see it... It's even worse than other social media in that respect.

Also, the AA subreddit like 2008 C-R forums in terms of their acceptance of non het ships LOL. Not that I would ever go to Reddit for that, but from what I've seen, people will reply to any post even if it's not targeted towards them.

Didn't know that the two Discords were merged, was wondering why the one linked on the forums had so many people and such an official looking page. But that's kind of disappointing, if it's a /r/aceattorney server as well then I'll probably never use it.

^the AA Discord actually isn't affiliated with the subreddit anymore from what I heard. Things weren't too good from when it was apparently, but this is just what I've heard from down the grape vine.

This conversation is feeling all too familiar, like it's one every forum nowadays is discussing, lol. I personally like forums best, but even I'll admit it's been easier to connect to people via Twitter and Discord. It's unfortunate, but it's just the changing trends with the times.

What's a Court Records?

I remember being very disappointed when CR said they were going to merge with r/AceAttorney's server. I haven't been on that server much so I never really paid attention to anything that went on. If CR split from them, this is the first I'm hearing of it.
Why am I even here?

Rookie Killer

How was CR in its heyday? I hope it gets more lively once AA7 comes out.

Winston Payne wrote:

From your lips to Capcom's ears, man... if we get AA7 at this point, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.

Though I wasn't around for the original forum, I think C-R was pretty active back in the day! Lots of love about the characters and story, discussion about motives, pairings, sprite edits, fanfiction, fanart, other fanworks, etc...well, I'm sure it wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed the time spent here, and the interactions with others. I didn't participate in roleplays or games then, or too much IRL discussion, so I can't comment on those.

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Winston Payne wrote:

Oh yeah it was pretty great. The spritework and fancases that people did were especially good. Roleplay section thrived pretty nicely as well. I mean not that the roleplays we do now are BAD, the Zero Escape and Dangan Ronpa ones are fantastic, but there were loads and loads of roleplays on back then and now these ones are just one at a time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Zoinks

milaza wrote:
Discord and Twitter have replaced forums as a whole though, so it's not just C-R. I was in a different Ace Attorney Discord up until recently, and it was full of teenagers who had never heard of the C-R forums or just found forums in general difficult to use with how much text there is compared to writing short bursts of instant messages. In my own AA server, we only look at C-R as a product of the past, mainly joking about how dated the forum signatures from 2007 are... haha. I think the AA fandom is interesting 'cause it's stuck around for so long. You can really see the late 2000's internet culture through it.

Yeah it appears Discord/Twitter/reddit have almost completely replaced internet forums like these. I do miss the good old days (said late 2000's internet culture).

Maybe it's also the side-effect of getting older and wondering where all your fanboy/fangirl peers went!! I think /r/AceAttorney users skew fairly young now, which is kinda weird because the AA series started probs before some of these kids were even born. Did everyone else stop being AA fans??
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Gettin' Old!

Yellow Magician wrote:
milaza wrote:

Yeah it appears Discord/Twitter/reddit have almost completely replaced internet forums like these. I do miss the good old days (said late 2000's internet culture).

Maybe it's also the side-effect of getting older and wondering where all your fanboy/fangirl peers went!! I think /r/AceAttorney users skew fairly young now, which is kinda weird because the AA series started probs before some of these kids were even born. Did everyone else stop being AA fans??

We're still here XD Just older and got other things on now most likely. Including some literal lawyers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

It's not like there's much else to discuss here either to be fair.

Yellow Magician wrote:

Well, Ace Attorney continuously draws in new fans by having new port releases, so there's bound to be younger people. I was thinking that Reddit's userbase isn't even that young compared to other social media, but I guess when you compare it to a fanbase like Ace Attorney where everyone who got into the games originally is 28+ years old now... Everyone's probably busy with work or getting married or whatever older people do.

C-R and the PW Kink Meme are probably the only 'active' places on the internet with mostly older members who played AA in 2007.

The Real Human Being

Discord didn't kill CR, the staff did.
The second you buckled to another group, took THEIR rules and THEIR culture as more important than your own, you lost the soul of CR.
Every time CR changed to try and stay relevant it lost more and more people.
This is Neo-CR, the TRUE forums died back in 2016. It took me 2 years to realize that, and another two to fully accept it.

Stop looking at the number of people here, stop trying to appeal to people who won't stay.
It didn't work for comics, it's not working for comedy, and it won't work for CR.
Look at how often people come back, promote topics worth talking about.
If you build it, they will come.

I've felt worse.

DoMaya wrote:
Discord didn't kill CR, the staff did.
The second you buckled to another group, took THEIR rules and THEIR culture as more important than your own, you lost the soul of CR.
Every time CR changed to try and stay relevant it lost more and more people.
This is Neo-CR, the TRUE forums died back in 2016. It took me 2 years to realize that, and another two to fully accept it.

Stop looking at the number of people here, stop trying to appeal to people who won't stay.
It didn't work for comics, it's not working for comedy, and it won't work for CR.
Look at how often people come back, promote topics worth talking about.
If you build it, they will come.

2016 was a peak year for forum activity, was it not? We had both the anime and a new mainline installment, discussion threads were piling up, and Cat and I were still yelling at each other about that thing.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

I don't think DoMaya's explanation can reasonably be applied to more than a small minority of users who left. We're an Ace Attorney fansite; political discussions and jokes that haven't aged well were never even close to being this forum's main draw. Besides, if politics were a major factor in the forum's declining userbase, then we're done for no matter what we do, considering how nasty politics has gotten in recent years. An "anything goes" approach would just reduce us to little more than a Yahoo comments section where people get into fights on a regular basis, which we've tried to clamp down on since well before 2016. DoMaya appears to be of the opinion that we've taken a side, which we arguably have when it comes to some political issues, though taking the other side would have had the same effect he claims we've had by taking the side we've had; anyone on the "losing" side would feel unwelcome and thus be more likely to leave.

I don't think there's any single factor that can justifiably be blamed for our declining userbase. I do think Discord, Reddit, and social media have contributed by giving us new competition, so there is that. I think another factor, though, is that there's only so much Ace Attorney to discuss; a lot of topics that new players are likely to be interested in are topics that veterans are likely to no longer be interested in discussing, having already talked about them years ago. Also, as Pierre and milaza pointed out, a lot of us have just got other things to focus on now, and the non-AA content here is insufficient to keep us especially active.

I'm also just generally of a different viewpoint than DoMaya appears to be of in these "Ship of Theseus" discussions, so I can't say I agree with his insinuation that the "true forums" died. Frankly, I don't even know how we would define the "true forums" without being reduced to flowery drivel.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Real Human Being

The spirit of community died when CR lost it's identity, despite the fact that it's supposed to be for AA games, we established specific areas for Hotel Dusk and Ghost Trick.
Am I the only one who remembers when we all talked about this forum becoming more broad in it's appeal regarding what games we covered?

Also I'd like to amend my testimony, It's not 100% the staff's fault. The exodus of the roleplayers to another forum (which happened around 2011?) was probably what led to the ultimate downfall of these forums.

In Justice We Trust

DoMaya wrote:
Am I the only one who remembers when we all talked about this forum becoming more broad in it's appeal regarding what games we covered?

I actually don't remember that at all. I suspect the fact that we never really followed through with expanding to other games might be a factor in why I have no memory of that suggestion.

DoMaya wrote:
The exodus of the roleplayers to another forum (which happened around 2011?) was probably what led to the ultimate downfall of these forums.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor, too, though that in turn raises the question of why they left, which brings us back to square one.
I'll always love you, Max.

I really don't think politics has anything to do with it. If anything, C-R is one of the least political forums/discords/reddits out there, and it's one of the main reasons I stick around. All forums are facing a similar dilemma, it's simply a dying medium.

Wasn't the Hotel Dusk section part of an April Fools joke? And yeah, this place is hardly political considering that no one even uses the non-AA subsections. I agree with Lone; forums as a whole aren't really used anymore. It's much less convenient to make a forum account for every one of your interests than it is to have a single Reddit/Amino/Discord/etc. account which you can use to chat in multiple communities.

What's a Court Records?

I believe I read that the all the Hotel Dusk stuff on this site was created for an April Fool's joke but the info pages and the forums were left up.
Why am I even here?

What's a Court Records?

I really hate how people act like I'm not trying or anything. I tried my damn hardest in college but still get dropped from all my classes multiple times and my dad had the nerve to claim I wasn't trying at all. If that were true, I wouldn't have shown up sick one day. There was one assignment where if we missed it, we'd be screwed regardless of the reason. So I showed up even though I had been puking the previous night. I managed to get through that, but I guess even that wasn't enough. Since then, I unfortunately have not had much going on. All I can say now is I'm tired of people claiming I don't a job or that I'm not trying to get a job. Like, do you think somebody that doesn't freaking want one likes telling people they don't have a job??? I have a hard time admitting that to people so I try to dodge the subject when I can. Like, I do look for stuff to do but I'm way too damn anxious to apply for anything but nobody cares. Every place wants people to apply online, but when I try to do that I just feel overwhelmed since I end up seeing way too many options. Half the time, I just end up staring at a website's page because of this. This is actually part of the reason I never stopped doing YouTube. I just wanted to be able to say I do some form of work. But, most wouldn't really consider that a real job and heck, that even goes for me. I want a "real job", but getting one has always been one I've struggled with. As of right now, I've heard some say now isn't the best time to get a job but my parents (particularly my mother) just keep whining about me not having one. But I guess the worst thing right now is the fact that nobody at my house actually has a job right now due to the pandemic. With everyone home, I don't feel like I can relax anymore. Like, I know I need a job but who out there is looking at job listings 24/7? One of the worst things is I don't have to do much of anything to set anyone off. For example, I'm tired of constantly making ice cubs because MY MOTHER KEEPS FUCKING WASTING THEM AND EXPECTING ME OF ALL PEOPLE TO MAKE MORE WHEN SHE'S THE ONE THAT USES THEM UP ALL THE GODDAMN TIME AND SHE'S BITCHING AT ME JUST BECAUSE I DIDN'T MAKE MORE LAST NIGHT. She then goes on about how I don't have a job. Well, she doesn't either. So what's her fucking excuse? At times like these, I end up wondering what she'll do when I'm out of here (and the others too) since she's always expected others to do shit for her when she could do at least some of these things herself. And then, everyone claims I want to say in this house forever. No, I fucking don't. If I was ready to move out, I WOULD HAVE PACKED MY SHIT AND LEFT ALREADY. But because I struggle with too many things, I'm stuck here with my shitty family. It's like these people think I'm stupid. I know I can't fucking live with them forever. I don't even fucking want to live with them forever. Well, I think that's enough. Sorry if this seems like kind of a mess or like I'm being a little pathetic. I'm just really frustrated right now.
Why am I even here?

What's a Court Records?

And now my mom has the nerve to sign me up for shit without even fucking telling me what she signed me up for.
Why am I even here?

Jeez, she's such a douche, isn't she?

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

What's a Court Records?

Yeah, it really sucks. The good news is I got out of one of the things she signed me up for, since apparently she did that without even knowing what the hell it was. I wasn't exactly happy that she signed me up for something that was likely a scam.
Why am I even here?

What even ARE these things she "signs you up for"?

The Real Human Being

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon, which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.

Page 39 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices