Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 3 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I dunno, Shao, can't you put, like, a metal fence around the plants? (Include the top, so they can't climb in?)

C-A

Yeah there must be some form of anti-squirrel defence for your plants as I can't imagine you are alone in suffering.
I heard Grey Squirrels are such a problem here in the UK that regular citizens are required by law to attempt to kill them on sight.

I searched and I asked the botanical garden. None of the product or trick I found are actually effective and really vary from person to person. Also I laught a bit at your law. Here there is a lot of squirrels and it's forbidden to kill them except if it's an accident. I can't put something around my plants either because they are all on a simple wooden shelf. In a journal, I read an article about how Ontario (our neighbouring province) throw THEIR squirrel in OUR territory to get rid of them. So yeah they treat squirrel like their homeless people.

TopHat: I can help with your french if you want (I'm a french canadian).

What about like if you bought a hanging basket. Like a curved bowl with a lattice design so roots can move. Then you simply turn it over and cover the little plants. It'd be like putting it in a small protective cage.

Also top hat its a mite rude to say she's got problems because she still wants to spend some time with you.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"We got a lot of applications for the position of a receptionist, and we gave priviliged picking of the people who fit our criteria in larger quantities"
Fuck those people, okay? Just give me the job. Those are all people coming from a school after 2 - 3 years of studying this stuff, all with their own rules and how they were taught things. If you hire them, you're gonna have to waste your time breaking their habits and teaching them how you want things done in your place.
I don't do that. I did not go to a special training school for a receptionist, I can very quickly adapt to whatever way you want me to do things and, you know what, it doesn't take a genius to work as a fucking receptionist. And it's especially strange they're not giving me the job, since everybody's always so concerned in getting someone cheap to do the job. Here! Over here! I did not do the studying part, I'm cheaper than all those study-ers!

C-A

Quote:
Also top hat its a mite rude to say she's got problems because she still wants to spend some time with you.

When her personality is different every single day, she's cold to me the majority of the time, and the whole fact of the traumatizing life she's had; it's an understatement to say she has problems.

And don't ignore the fact that I've got problems too. What I described of the things I can't do isn't healthy, yet I feel them anyway.

The Chocolateholic of CR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I FUCKING HATE THIS!!!!

Okaylet me begin. My mom's friend is staying and she (my mom's friend) brings her son and everytime.... EVERY FUCKING TIME she is not home he cries so god damn much. I cannot seem to keep my anger in check and I want to shout at him. My god...... He needs to stop being a fucking crybaby.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

High level play

Anthony wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I FUCKING HATE THIS!!!!

Okaylet me begin. My mom's friend is staying and she (my mom's friend) brings her son and everytime.... EVERY FUCKING TIME she is not home he cries so god damn much. I cannot seem to keep my anger in check and I want to shout at him. My god...... He needs to stop being a fucking crybaby.

To be certain... it's not an actual baby right?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Sjibbey wrote:
Anthony wrote:

To be certain... it's not an actual baby right?

3 years old i think he is.... idfk his age.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

In Justice We Trust

I understand your annoyance, having been on a couple of plane rides with screaming babies recently. That said, it's not exactly rare for three-year-olds to start crying in the absence of their parents.
I'll always love you, Max.

Ace Explorer

OK, I don't know WHAT it is about my lawn that makes people think it's a garbage can, because I've seen quite a bit of trash cropping up there recently.
And I always have to pick it up and throw it away, because I'm the one that always mows the lawn.
Well? Are we going or what?

AlonsoSwift wrote:
OK, I don't know WHAT it is about my lawn that makes people think it's a garbage can, because I've seen quite a bit of trash cropping up there recently.
And I always have to pick it up and throw it away, because I'm the one that always mows the lawn.

Ooooh, install an alarm or something. Put a pressure mat all over it and set it to extreme sensitivity. As soon as someone throws garbage on it (or a dog goes on it to do its business) it starts wailing at them! Ahahaha, that'll scare 'em!

C-A

In Justice We Trust

Littering carries a hefty fine where I live. Put up a sign mentioning the penalty for littering and saying that you have cameras installed to catch anyone who litters on your lawn.

High level play

Those measures all seem very over the top to me. All yards get littered to some point (we live near a elementary school), but if you maintain it weekly it only takes a minute to keep it clean.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Ace Explorer

AlonsoSwift wrote:

Well, I figured out who's been doing the littering...
It's my DOG, dragging trash over here from across the road! (Our neighbors are very messy people...)

In Justice We Trust

I'm sorry, I know you're annoyed at the situation, Alonso, but I couldn't help but laugh.

The Chocolateholic of CR

General Luigi wrote:
I'm sorry, I know you're annoyed at the situation, Alonso, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Same here.

AlonsoSwift wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:

It's my DOG, dragging trash over here from across the road! (Our neighbors are very messy people...)

Clever dog? Maybe he likes playing with trash.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:

Likewise XD how did you catch it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

AlonsoSwift wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote:

You probably shouldn't let your dog loose on the street then?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Ace Explorer

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Likewise XD how did you catch it?

My dad and I caught him in the act, carrying a leftovers container in his mouth.

Sierra Mikain wrote:

Well, I live out in the middle of nowhere, so that's a bit tougher. And he's an outside dog.

High level play

AlonsoSwift wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:

Well, I live out in the middle of nowhere, so that's a bit tougher. And he's an outside dog.

You could chain him to a pole so his max reach is the street. You could also build a fence, but that's quite a bit of work. Sternly disciplining the dog should also stop him from doing it again.

Okay, so I mixed up Stalin and Musulini and said I don't care, since it was "some russian" and according to Mom, Musulini was not russian. I quite rankly don't care, but she said "Just because you didn't learn it in school is no excuse to not learn it now" to which I have to say...

If it made any fucking DIFFERENCE in my every day life or was ACTUALLY IMPORTANT I'd bother learning it! But since it isn't, I DON'T FUCKING CARE!

C-A

High level play

CatMuto wrote:
Okay, so I mixed up Stalin and Musulini and said I don't care, since it was "some russian" and according to Mom, Musulini was not russian. I quite rankly don't care, but she said "Just because you didn't learn it in school is no excuse to not learn it now" to which I have to say...

If it made any fucking DIFFERENCE in my every day life or was ACTUALLY IMPORTANT I'd bother learning it! But since it isn't, I DON'T FUCKING CARE!

C-A

The same can be said about that the earth is round. It doesn't have to do anything with you on a daily basis, but it's a common understanding all people should have. Not all people are history buffs, but most people at least know famous dictators such as Hitler or Stalin. Mussolini might not be of the same 'greatness', but he still played a big role in WW2 since Italy was one of Germany biggest allies.

Does this apply to your daily life? no. Is it basic and common information everybody should normally know if they are older than 15? yes.

Quote:
Not all people are history buffs, but most people at least know famous dictators such as Hitler or Stalin. Mussolini might not be of the same 'greatness', but he still played a big role in WW2 since Italy was one of Germany biggest allies.

Yeah but that's the thing: do most of the people KNOW about those guys or actually KNOW-KNOW about them? Yeah it's important to know that they existed. But unless it has impact on your current lifestyle/job, like being a history museum curator or a teacher or something like that, nobody really cares what they did since it doesn't concern them. I'm the same. Heck, there are even people out there in America and other places who think Hitler's still alive and active. Sure they're wrong, but then... why do they care? Why should they care?
The past is the past, after all.

C-A

Quote:
Yeah but that's the thing: do most of the people KNOW about those guys or actually KNOW-KNOW about them? Yeah it's important to know that they existed. But unless it has impact on your current lifestyle/job, like being a history museum curator or a teacher or something like that, nobody really cares what they did since it doesn't concern them. I'm the same. Heck, there are even people out there in America and other places who think Hitler's still alive and active. Sure they're wrong, but then... why do they care? Why should they care?

C-A

If everyone thought like you, we'd have no written record of anything that ever happened in human history. History is very important, and we should always look back upon it and see what we can do with our present problems. Hitler and the other dictators show the consequences of giving too much power to one person/party. We have to strive so that events like the Holocaust don't happen again.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Quote:

C-A

If everyone thought like you, we'd have no written record of anything that ever happened in human history. History is very important, and we should always look back upon it and see what we can do with our present problems. Hitler and the other dictators show the consequences of giving too much power to one person/party. We have to strive so that events like the Holocaust don't happen again.

It's nice enough to record it and all, but bringing it up over and over is terrible - it's possible that my History lessons in school are at fault for my thinking this way, considering for 3 - 4 years I learned nothing but Hitler. A bit of Weimarer Republik on the side, but mostly it was Hitler. Yeah the guy did some serious shit, but come on, I'm sure he's not the ONLY bad thing that ever happened in Germany.

C-A

Quote:
It's nice enough to record it and all, but bringing it up over and over is terrible - it's possible that my History lessons in school are at fault for my thinking this way, considering for 3 - 4 years I learned nothing but Hitler. A bit of Weimarer Republik on the side, but mostly it was Hitler. Yeah the guy did some serious shit, but come on, I'm sure he's not the ONLY bad thing that ever happened in Germany.

C-A

I think it's mostly because the after effects of WWII still affect the world to this day. Japan for example is where they are today because of the constitution and government we set up for them during Occupation. They can't have an offensive military nor declare war and by choice, they've completely abstained from nuclear weapons. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still being debated, mostly because of all the nuclear weapons that still exist in the world.

On a side note, I more or less completed AP US History today. It's no doubt the most challenging class I've ever taken, but it was also very rewarding. I learned so much, not just about history, but about life and discipline. I'll carry what I learned from that class with me always.

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

C-A

C-A

I think the thing about Hitler is that it's best example on how people can be brainwashed without noticing. In high School my history teacher focused a lot on Hitler and Staline and they went on and on about how they use the despair in their people to gain power and it even got the US (Times and Hitler man of the year XD). While I forgot most of the events I will always remember to judge before entering a movement or a line of thought. That aside, Germany still feel guilty about the WWII and people forgot all about Japan and the massacre of Chinese (they should teach that also, they did so much terrible things).
Please don't hit me...

Quote:
I think the thing about Hitler is that it's best example on how people can be brainwashed without noticing. In high School my history teacher focused a lot on Hitler and Staline and they went on and on about how they use the despair in their people to gain power and it even got the US (Times and Hitler man of the year XD). While I forgot most of the events I will always remember to judge before entering a movement or a line of thought. That aside, Germany still feel guilty about the WWII and people forgot all about Japan and the massacre of Chinese (they should teach that also, they did so much terrible things).

Yeah, I know all about the Rape of Nanking. And it really hits home, seeing as how everyone on my father's side is Chinese. My grandparents lived through that time back then. However, since they were in a well-off sector and had good standing with the Japanese, they were fortunately away from all the carnage. As a result from the occupation, they both spoke fluent Japanese. My grandfather died when I was in elementary school, so I never really knew him that well. I did see him a few times whenever we took trips to Winnipeg, where my father's family lives.

My grandmother is still alive at 88, but it's been many years since I've seen her. My father doesn't speak to his family ever, so we no longer go to Winnipeg. However, he does talk to her on occasion, so I've done my best to communicate. She doesn't speak much English though. Only Chinese and Japanese. So with what little Japanese I know, I've had some basic communication. Since I'm getting better every day, I hope to have a more full conversation soon. My grandmother is nearing the end of her life, so I want to have at least some meaningful interaction while I still can. I'm going to continue to study Japanese every day, and hopefully in short time, I can write a letter in the language to her. That is my goal.

French administration I hate you.
For my bro' inscription in highschool next year they want a copy of the scholastic insurance certificate (that they didn't ask for last year). Problem, I don't have it, my father never heard about it. The insurance was probably on my mom's name and she's been out of the country for 3 fucking years ! Genius ! Thankfully I just learned on the government website that insurance wasn't necessary (but highly encouraged). I hope the school doesn't bother us too much with it...

By the way for my scholarship I gave them the tax advice of my dad since I'm technically on his charge BUT when my parents divorced, my mom got my custody. When she flyed out of the country no judgement was made to give my custody to my dad and now the administration is asking me my mother's tax advice or the judgment that gives my custody to my father... But last year they never asked for it !
I can expect to get my scholarship a few months late this year. Again.

In Justice We Trust

My grandmother is still alive at 88, but it's been many years since I've seen her. My father doesn't speak to his family ever, so we no longer go to Winnipeg. However, he does talk to her on occasion, so I've done my best to communicate. She doesn't speak much English though. Only Chinese and Japanese. So with what little Japanese I know, I've had some basic communication. Since I'm getting better every day, I hope to have a more full conversation soon. My grandmother is nearing the end of her life, so I want to have at least some meaningful interaction while I still can. I'm going to continue to study Japanese every day, and hopefully in short time, I can write a letter in the language to her. That is my goal.

If there were a thumbs-up/thumbs-down function on this forum (for the record, I'm wholeheartedly against introducing such a function), this post would get a thumbs-up from me. That warmed my heart, Professor. Here's hoping you accomplish your goal and then some. With luck, maybe you'll eventually be able to communicate with her in Mandarin, too. I recall you mentioning an interest in learning that language, after all.

Quote:
If there were a thumbs-up/thumbs-down function on this forum (for the record, I'm wholeheartedly against introducing such a function), this post would get a thumbs-up from me. That warmed my heart, Professor. Here's hoping you accomplish your goal and then some. With luck, maybe you'll eventually be able to communicate with her in Mandarin, too. I recall you mentioning an interest in learning that language, after all.

Thanks. With the shitty life and environment I'm currently facing, I figured that I'd at least try to do something meaningful. You can't do much in the position that I'm in. Learning Japanese is the only thing I've found true enjoyment with now. It doesn't fix any of problems unfortunately though,

That would be nice, but I doubt I could learn Mandarin any time soon. Japanese I can see myself doing. I'm wondering how I should write the letter though. Vertically or horizontally. Hand written or typed. I don't have great handwriting and the kanji look complex. Though I guess I could write it in hiragana and katakana too.

Something that scared the hell out of me happened yesterday.
For some reason, my heart started to beat differently for some minutes. I didn't feel anything besides that - no dizziness, no chest pain, only the strange beating. And before someone asks, no it wasn't something like tachycardia or palpitation. It was like... a really strange heartbeat. I mean, it's really difficult to put the symptom into words. Let's say that a normal heart beats at a TUNTUN-TUNTUN-TUNTUN frequency. Instead, my heart was at a TUNTUN-TUUN *jump*-TUNTUNTUN-TUNTUN-TUUUN *jump again*-TUNTUN one.

Went to the doctor today, did an electrocardiogram, explained my symptoms and according to him, everything is "fine" with my heart.
The guy spent a lot of time asking questions like if I have ever done drugs, if I use any long-term medications, which medications I use and blah blah blah. He apparently thinks I had an episode of "premature ventricular contraction"? In the end, he just told me to treat my anxiety (which I already do) and to stop drinking caffeine based beverages.

Anyways... Here I am now, exhausted, yet full of IUPAC and pharmacognosy books to read. It's desesperating how since I joined college, I don't find time for anything.

High level play

dangerousoffender wrote:
For some reason, my heart started to beat differently for some minutes. I didn't feel anything besides that - no dizziness, no chest pain, only the strange beating. And before someone asks, no it wasn't something like tachycardia or palpitation. It was like... a really strange heartbeat. I mean, it's really difficult to put the symptom into words. Let's say that a normal heart beats at a TUNTUN-TUNTUN-TUNTUN frequency. Instead, my heart was at a TUNTUN-TUUN *jump*-TUNTUNTUN-TUNTUN-TUUUN *jump again*-TUNTUN one.

Went to the doctor today, did an electrocardiogram, explained my symptoms and according to him, everything is "fine" with my heart.
The guy spent a lot of time asking questions like if I have ever done drugs, if I use any long-term medications, which medications I use and blah blah blah. He apparently thinks I had an episode of "premature ventricular contraction"? In the end, he just told me to treat my anxiety (which I already do) and to stop drinking caffeine based beverages.

Anyways... Here I am now, exhausted, yet full of IUPAC and pharmacognosy books to read. It's desesperating how since I joined college, I don't find time for anything.

Well if their scans don't detect any oddity with your body the doctor can't say anything but the obvious (don't use drugs or don't use caffeïne in high doses). Maybe it's just a side effect of stress or something? If your heart beats in an odd pattern for 1 time I don't think that would be a big cause for alarm, but if it happens repeatedly then you should definitely be concerned.

dangerousoffender wrote:

If there was a jump, it could be a mitralvalve prolaps. I have one myself and it was only found when I was about 11 - 12 years old and it took my doctor about 10 minutes of listening to my chest to hear something definite.

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

Urgh it' been three days that my nose bleed for no reasons! Even if I humidify my nose I still freakin bleed a lot and it get me unnecessary attention from my boss. (But at least peploe have some sort of pity and let me completly clean their toilet without using them).
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

Shao-Mae wrote:
Urgh it' been three days that my nose bleed for no reasons! Even if I humidify my nose I still freakin bleed a lot and it get me unnecessary attention from my boss. (But at least peploe have some sort of pity and let me completly clean their toilet without using them).

I find my nose starts going like that in excessive temperatures I've just learned to deal with nosebleeds quickly rather than make a big deal out of them but man it must really suck for it to come on at work like that. What is your job if you don't mind me asking.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The dwarf geeky panda!

I'm a janitor for the summer (I hope next year I will find a job in my field), so when I bleed I freak out much more about the floor than my own face XD. Also, the temperature isn't excessive, so I really don't know what cause this. The only thing I know is it's isn't important and stuff and I have o blow my nose to make it stop unless I want this to go on for hours.
Please don't hit me...

Do you see the black one...or the white?

You know what I'm sick of? Getting sick. This is already the 4th time this year I've contracted some form of allergies/bronchitis. Best part too is that I just got over this mess 3 weeks ago.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

High level play

Shao-Mae wrote:
I'm a janitor for the summer (I hope next year I will find a job in my field), so when I bleed I freak out much more about the floor than my own face XD. Also, the temperature isn't excessive, so I really don't know what cause this. The only thing I know is it's isn't important and stuff and I have o blow my nose to make it stop unless I want this to go on for hours.

This would be a perfect scene for Scrubs

dullahan1 wrote:
You know what I'm sick of? Getting sick. This is already the 4th time this year I've contracted some form of allergies/bronchitis. Best part too is that I just got over this mess 3 weeks ago.

That sucks dude. Do you get sick very easily or is this a new thing? Maybe you just got to eat some more fruit on a daily basis to get those extra vitamins.

"See, this is the sort of thing you should be paying for yourself"
"Mom, I'd love to, if I could"
"Well if you had looked for a job that you trained for, for which I paid 6000€, three years ago, bla bla bla" (She literally said bla bla bla, we both are tired of her saying it or hearing her say it)

And I WOULD try to get a job in that profession if people would actually HIRE me for that fucking thing. Okay, I know I don't LOOK the part of a cosmetician - or someone trained in that profession. I don't LIKE wearing make up, it makes my eyes feel tired and makes me feel tired, which negatively impacts my actions during the rest of the day. I don't particularly enjoy make up, but I like giving the people massages.
But everybody just sees me with my simple make up, that I only wear for job interviews, and thinks "no" cause apparently to get a job as a cosmetician YOU NEED TO GIVE YOURSELF RACOON EYES TO PROVE HOW GOOD YOU ARE MAKING YOUR EYES LOOK LIKE BIG BLACK HOLES WHICH IS APPARENTLY QUITE ATTRACTIVE ALONGSIDE FIVE LAYERS OF FOUNDATION BECAUSE *GOD FORBID* YOU CAN SEE A TINY PIMPLE ON YOUR FACE!

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
"See, this is the sort of thing you should be paying for yourself"
"Mom, I'd love to, if I could"
"Well if you had looked for a job that you trained for, for which I paid 6000€, three years ago, bla bla bla" (She literally said bla bla bla, we both are tired of her saying it or hearing her say it)

And I WOULD try to get a job in that profession if people would actually HIRE me for that fucking thing. Okay, I know I don't LOOK the part of a cosmetician - or someone trained in that profession. I don't LIKE wearing make up, it makes my eyes feel tired and makes me feel tired, which negatively impacts my actions during the rest of the day. I don't particularly enjoy make up, but I like giving the people massages.
But everybody just sees me with my simple make up, that I only wear for job interviews, and thinks "no" cause apparently to get a job as a cosmetician YOU NEED TO GIVE YOURSELF RACOON EYES TO PROVE HOW GOOD YOU ARE MAKING YOUR EYES LOOK LIKE BIG BLACK HOLES WHICH IS APPARENTLY QUITE ATTRACTIVE ALONGSIDE FIVE LAYERS OF FOUNDATION BECAUSE *GOD FORBID* YOU CAN SEE A TINY PIMPLE ON YOUR FACE!

C-A

I always thought that your make up could actually be your portfolio equivalent. One of my cousin is a cosmetician and she once said that you know if a person is competent just by the look of her make up, because you can never really know if they don't enjoy make up (in this case she wondered why you want this job) or she is just plain old incompetent. School mean nothing in real life anybody who's trying to get a job discover it the harsh way.

Also, racoon eyes are popular because they give you attitude (strong independant womaaaaaan) and I personaly think it's sexy.

Sjibbey: What's Scrubs?
Please don't hit me...
Page 3 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices