Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

your experiances working in customer serviceTopic%20Title

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

since most jobs have customer service links what are some of the worst customer service experiances you have had either being the customer or the one giving the service.

I am not a fan of people who work in customer service who come across as misreable and clearly don't want to be there :(

I work in customer service I won;t go into too much detail but something of a customers went missing and to get it replacing there was a charge and they refused to pay it and wanted to speak to my supervisor but I told them they would tell them the same thing and it is policy to put the charge in place and I cannot change it. I get alot of those when it comes to money.

I do also get alot saying I can't pay as I am on benefits
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: your experiances working in customer serviceTopic%20Title

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Eh.. in fact, I've never experimenced worse customer service (me being the customer - the reason is because everyone's so friendly and nice and blahblah), but a friend of mine is working in a job which has some oddly customer links-- I won't go in detail though, but he does feel uncomfortable when he's the one 'serving' the customers, because he always gets the worst thing out of it. He even decided to quit the job as he's the only one who has to feed up with all the crap and yeah.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

High level play

I haven't worked in customer service myself, but I did work 6 years in an amusement park where customer service is a main focus point for employees. Since I knew a few people who worked there I know some of their stories:

- People who complain that there was lots of traffic on the road. Now they are 2 hours later than planned so they want a discount on the entrance fee
- People who say rain ruined their experience. They wanted a full refund on the entrance fee.
- People who demanded that a man should help resolve their complaint. They refused to be helped by a woman.
- One 'guest' even went as far to spit a woman in her face because he didn't have a valid ticket to enter the park and she denied him access to the park. This woman is my mother.
- Obviously swears and other obscenity are the order of the day.
- People who assaulted (like full punches to the face assault) park personnel because they refused their child access to a roller-coaster with a height minimum. Complain afterwards that the child was not able to ride the roller-coaster.
- The whole park is wheelchair accessible so everyone can enjoy the park. This excludes one ride due to possible evacuation safety measures. Since the wheelchair entrance basically means cutting the whole waiting line you can ride everything else in the park in 1 day regardless how much people are visiting. Also front-seat rows for every show possible.
Still complaints that they were not granted access to that 1 ride.
- Oh how can I forget the complaints that people had to wait in the waiting line during vacation season. --> refund

These are the ones I remember right now but given enough time I could probably triple this list with more specific complaints. Working in customer service... can be pretty horrible sometimes.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

I work in a retail job that requires huge levels of customer service. We don't get too much rudeness from our customers and when we do it is usually from people who have too high an opinion of themselves. I once had to serve a woman who insulted my intelligence to my face (She didn't know, of course, I have a BA and am working towards an MA) because I was a "shop girl", the company I work for and basically treated me like the hired help (I am a lingerie fitter by trade).

A few of my colleagues have had things thrown at them and one of them nearly got pushed down the stairs because there was a customer who "didn't like our lack of choice" in her size.

First week I worked there, a mother and father came in with their daughter and were yelling in our faces needlessly, rather than explaining the problem calmly. Think the middle-aged couple in that Doctor Who episode where the train breaks down and everyone goes crazy. Then once they'd finished that, the father stated that he wasn't surprised the shop was so badly run "because it is run by women" - no joke.
Art created by myself, check out:
Tumblr - DeviantART - Archive of Our Own

Love. Lost. Elegy.

Mary Faraday wrote:
but a friend of mine is working in a job which has some oddly customer links-- I won't go in detail though, but he does feel uncomfortable when he's the one 'serving' the customers, because he always gets the worst thing out of it. He even decided to quit the job as he's the only one who has to feed up with all the crap and yeah.

Yeap, that would be me. I'm working part-time at a regular customer service, which requires a lot of high standards and expections, but as far as I've experimenced that, being the bully for the customers, I'd quit this job anytime soon.

I mean, sure, we DO have friendly customers as well, but then there's the thing again with over-noisy customers who differ a lot to normal, calm and relaxed customers.

I've had it rough since I started this job and heck, it hasn't even been, what, 6 months? The last thing I can remember, there was a young woman with her child and like everyone else, she had nothing better to do than to cuss a lot right in front of the child, even wanting to speak with the shop manager and the worst thing was how young this child was - about 4 or 5 years old. It was horrible. She was screaming around a lot until someone of my colleagues gave in and walked her to the front door.
Jesse Pinkman: What if we can rip off that train, and no one ever knows it got robbed?

having said that I had a nice one last year bought a preowned copy of ff13-2 for £25.00 and they gave me a steel gamecase with extra dlc and an artbook which was a preorder bonus for nothing which was nice since they didnt have to
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Gettin' Old!

davech1987 wrote:
having said that I had a nice one last year bought a preowned copy of ff13-2 for £25.00 and they gave me a steel gamecase with extra dlc and an artbook which was a preorder bonus for nothing which was nice since they didnt have to

Yes they did, it's an advance apology for how bad that game series is. People sued them over NOT getting such things in other cases.

I remember one time I was working in Dominos Pizza cleaning the floor after we'd shut. Normally we don't lock the door as it's a huge hassle as drivers might still be going in and out to their cars to collect receipts and money to cash up in the office. So the oven is off and everything is shifted about as I'm cleaning and this customer walks in. Scruffy lookin fellah, nice grey beard. He walks up to the menu on the counter and starts looking at it. I politely explain to the man that we're shut. He looks up at me and says matter-of-factly "Naw...yer no!" before going back the menu. Perplexed I restate that we're shut and explain what time we shut at, again he looks at me and states more pointedly "NAW yer no!" Again I say that I'm afraid the oven is turned off and the system has shut down so we couldn't make him anything at this time. He gives me a quizzical look and says "Do you hear what you are saying? Do you even hear what you are saying? I tell you, you're no shut!" before muttering to himself small complaints along the lines of "How dare he tell me its shut?" At this point the commotion has attracted the manager from the back who has a similar cyclical argument with the man before explaining he'd have to call the police if he didn't leave. The man sighed and continued to mutter as he walked out the door giving us a baffled look.

Another one: we got a call the other day from a guy, said he wanted to do a price check comparing us to Papa John's pizza. Now I normally really don't like these kind of customers. Opening with that instantly strikes me as an attempt to put pressure on us. It might have at one point but I've since learned not to be frightened by such threats, makes little difference to me whether ONE customer chooses Papa John's. I'm not going to give them special treatment just because they are effectively threatening us financially. So me and the guy taking the order tally up the total. It's more than Papa John's the customer explains, says they are doing an "Any Pizza Any Size £6.99" or some similar offer. Then he says "But the difference isn't that much, I'm willing to pay more for you guys because you are better quality than them".

Just wanted to reach through the phone and hug them for that, it's so rare to get nice things like that in this industry.

Then on the other side of the fence, I was in York with my girlfriend for our anniversary and on one of the days we stopped by a McDonalds for a bite to eat. My chips were freezing cold so I was pretty disappointed. I took the chips back up to the counter and explained this to the guy there. He said he'd get me a fresh set, took my chips, walked over to the chip...acquisition...area...and THREW THE OLD CHIPS BACK IN. I was amazed and horrified that that'd be done, it's such a hygiene risk. I knew for a fact I'd eaten half of one of those chips. So I got the manager's attention and explained it to her. Let her sort it out but man...I get that it was late and the guy looked dead-inside but still gotta have standards.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

davech1987 wrote:

I bought the Collector's Edition of XIII-2 when I initially bought the game because they said they had it used and it was cheaper than the game itself new.

C-A

Idol of Polar Bears

I once worked at a gas station/convenience store for five years. I quit that job about two years ago, but the most bizarre experience I had was the time an old geezer waddled in through the exit doors and accused me of handing his wife a "fake nickel" in change that he said "looked Canadian or some shit". There were about four or five customers standing in line at the register while he blabbed on in complete nonsense, so one of them told the old man to shut his mouth and quit holding up the line. The old guy muttered something about "hating seeing people get screwed" and waddled out the way he came. I did everything I could to hold myself back from bursting out in laughter right there.

Speaking of customers walking in through exit doors, there was one time when an illiterate Mexican immigrant tried to open the exit doors at my work. Being in incapable of understanding English like most illegal immigrants in California are, he started wildly waving his arms while jumping up and down like an idiot as my co-workers and I shouted and pointed out that the entrance doors were at the other end of the building (we weren't really sure if he was an illegal at the time). Eventually he gave up and walked away, completely oblivious to the fact that some stores have more than one of automatic doors.

Working in any kind of customer service field really does open up your eyes to how utterly stupid people can be sometimes.

earthlings on fire

I once worked an overpriced photo studio where customers would dress up in garish period costumes like Victorian England, 1920s, etc. The worst part was that once a customer was dressed and up and had their photo taken, they had to buy the minimum required package for the size of their group. So with groups that were 6+, they were shelling out over $100 despite whether or not they liked the photos. It was really rough having to constantly argue with them and tell them that no, they did have to pay for their photos even if they didn't want them.

There was always some rule we had to enforce and always such annoying customers who would try to get out of paying even though we had signs with the rules posted literally everywhere.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Pierre wrote:
davech1987 wrote:

Yes they did, it's an advance apology for how bad that game series is. People sued them over NOT getting such things in other cases.

LOl true

I remember one time I was working in Dominos Pizza cleaning the floor after we'd shut. Normally we don't lock the door as it's a huge hassle as drivers might still be going in and out to their cars to collect receipts and money to cash up in the office. So the oven is off and everything is shifted about as I'm cleaning and this customer walks in. Scruffy lookin fellah, nice grey beard. He walks up to the menu on the counter and starts looking at it. I politely explain to the man that we're shut. He looks up at me and says matter-of-factly "Naw...yer no!" before going back the menu. Perplexed I restate that we're shut and explain what time we shut at, again he looks at me and states more pointedly "NAW yer no!" Again I say that I'm afraid the oven is turned off and the system has shut down so we couldn't make him anything at this time. He gives me a quizzical look and says "Do you hear what you are saying? Do you even hear what you are saying? I tell you, you're no shut!" before muttering to himself small complaints along the lines of "How dare he tell me its shut?" At this point the commotion has attracted the manager from the back who has a similar cyclical argument with the man before explaining he'd have to call the police if he didn't leave. The man sighed and continued to mutter as he walked out the door giving us a baffled look.

Yikes

Another one: we got a call the other day from a guy, said he wanted to do a price check comparing us to Papa John's pizza. Now I normally really don't like these kind of customers. Opening with that instantly strikes me as an attempt to put pressure on us. It might have at one point but I've since learned not to be frightened by such threats, makes little difference to me whether ONE customer chooses Papa John's. I'm not going to give them special treatment just because they are effectively threatening us financially. So me and the guy taking the order tally up the total. It's more than Papa John's the customer explains, says they are doing an "Any Pizza Any Size £6.99" or some similar offer. Then he says "But the difference isn't that much, I'm willing to pay more for you guys because you are better quality than them".

Just wanted to reach through the phone and hug them for that, it's so rare to get nice things like that in this industry.

AWWWW

Then on the other side of the fence, I was in York with my girlfriend for our anniversary and on one of the days we stopped by a McDonalds for a bite to eat. My chips were freezing cold so I was pretty disappointed. I took the chips back up to the counter and explained this to the guy there. He said he'd get me a fresh set, took my chips, walked over to the chip...acquisition...area...and THREW THE OLD CHIPS BACK IN. I was amazed and horrified that that'd be done, it's such a hygiene risk. I knew for a fact I'd eaten half of one of those chips. So I got the manager's attention and explained it to her. Let her sort it out but man...I get that it was late and the guy looked dead-inside but still gotta have standards.

EWWWW I go to mcdonalds alot aswell no more for me
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices