Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

If You Won The Lottery...Topic%20Title

Of course, what would you do with the money?
I think I recall hearing that the biggest jackpot in Germany to date was 17 or 19 Million Euros. Being somewhat obsessed with money, I was of course thinking, if I happened to win the lottery, what would I do with the money? Let's say with 17 Million.

Pay my mother the 6.000€ back for the money she spent on my cosmetician training + extra money that she had to spend on me over the years.
Send some money to my father, to help him out.
Maybe pay the owners of our apartment so that we own it, then pay our neighbor enough to move him somewhere else so that we can buy that apartment, too, and build a connecting door.
Spend some money on clothes, videogames and consoles, just to splurge and spoil myself a bit.
Then donate at least 10% of the entire winnings to various locations.
And then... I have no idea. Buy my way into an art school?
I might also buy my mother and her boyfriend a trip or buy a 1960 VW Bug (or rent it) so my mother can fulfill her dream of driving a car the same age as she is.

To be quite honest, much as I love money and would like to be rich, I'm also kind of scared of the idea of having so much money. Not just because I'm not used to having that much money, but... because I have no idea what to spend it on. Like, if I did all of the above, let's say about... eh, about 15 - 14 Million Euro remain. What am I gonna do with that?
I could certainly continue to donate it to places that need it, but other than that... I'd just have all this money with nothing to spend it on. I'd feel oppressed by the money, just lying there and everything. I'm mostly a homebody so I wouldn't necessarily go travelling the world, though it does sound a bit fascinating to do. Just... what would I do with that money once my "dreams" had been fulfilled?

And what would you do if you won the lottery?

C-A
Re: If You Won The Lottery...Topic%20Title

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

17 million? Hmm... personally, I would give 10 million to different charities. Then, give 2 million to my mother so she could live easily, same with my father. The last 3 million I would spend on myself. Get a house, a car, all the games I could never afford because I never seem to have money and get into college so I could pursue my career.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Lottery, eh? I'd have so many ideas about what to do with the money that I wouldn't even know where to begin with. Obviously, part of it would go to my family and probably to NGOs.

I think I would want to spend it on something that could be beneficial and productive on the long-term, like opening some kind of business. Some ideas that come to my mind now: I could open a bookstore, maybe a theme park or even something related to food. Anyways, I would want to be innovative. No way I'd just open another ordinary store. I'd put some creative elements into it and spend part of my money on advertising.

And oh yeah, I could spend part of it on lab equipments and probably open my own laboratory. I'd finally be able to make good use of my EU citizenship, so travelling seems a good idea, or even relocating somewhere foreign. Probably spend on more education, I dunno... Ideas just keep popping up, lol. I'm not focused and disciplined enough to handle all that money.

Gardevoir lover

I'd pay my grandmother back for buying me Animal Crossing new leaf back in 2013.
It doesn't seem so important but it's been nagging me in the back of my head that i should do that, even though she's probably forgotten by now.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Real Human Being

So that would be 21 million dollars in American money.

If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is buy my stepfather a motorcycle.

He's been without one for over 15 years, and he sold it to keep me and my mother from being homeless.

The second thing I would do is get my mother the best possible medical coverage for her current sickness. (too many to list)

After that I would put 2 million dollars down for my cousin's medical expenses while he recovers from leukemia. (And another 5 million donated to leukemia research)

After that I would buy a giant house, a mansion somewhere in Laguna hills, near Laguna beach.
My entire family would be offered the chance to live there, this includes 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and all of their children. (And their children's children where applicable.)
I would also invite my (only) friend at this point to have him, his wife, their baby, (and his mother if she wants) to live there.

I would fully furnish the house, and would pay for any college courses that the children wanted to take.

I would then buy a pistol and shoot myself, leaving all the money to my family.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices