Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

BionicleTopic%20Title

State Alchemist

Anyone remember when the Lego Bionicle sets were still around?

I remember I first got Onua at Toys 'R Us. Unfortunately, I didn't pick back up on Bionicle until the 2005 Hordika series, so I missed on the Nuva, Bohrok, and Bohrok-kal. I did however manage to go back and get all the Toa Metru.

So yeah, I followed the series from the Hordika up until the Glatorian in 2009. Then I just sorta stopped collecting them and missed out on the 2010 finale sets.

So what are your experiences with the series?
Re: BionicleTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gnobo wrote:

I remember I first got Onua at Toys 'R Us. Unfortunately, I didn't pick back up on Bionicle until the 2005 Hordika series, so I missed on the Nuva, Bohrok, and Bohrok-kal. I did however manage to go back and get all the Toa Metru.

So yeah, I followed the series from the Hordika up until the Glatorian in 2009. Then I just sorta stopped collecting them and missed out on the 2010 finale sets.

OOOOHHHH SHIT A Bionicle thread! This brings back memories so hard right now. I remember my first Bionicle was Lewa, and after that I really wanted to get Onua. Then later I got Gali and Pohatu, but for some reason I never got Tahu or Kopaka. I have the green Bohrok, and I have a Bionicle, I forget what it was called, when you pressed down on its head a little white larva thing pops out. It was tall, white and rather sinister looking.

Anyway, I never really followed the series religiously, but I really dug the lore the series had going on.

Edit: They were called Rahkshi! I owned the white one. At this point, I had no idea what was going in the story. He looked cool, and my parents got it for me.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

State Alchemist

Blak The Great wrote:
Gnobo wrote:

OOOOHHHH SHIT A Bionicle thread! This brings back memories so hard right now. I remember my first Bionicle was Lewa, and after that I really wanted to get Onua. Then later I got Gali and Pohatu, but for some reason I never got Tahu or Kopaka. I have the green Bohrok, and I have a Bionicle, I forget what it was called, when you pressed down on its head a little white larva thing pops out. It was tall, white and rather sinister looking.

Anyway, I never really followed the series religiously, but I really dug the lore the series had going on.

Edit: They were called Rahkshi! I owned the white one. At this point, I had no idea what was going in the story. He looked cool, and my parents got it for me.

Aw, I'm jealous! I don't even have all the original Toa!

I was really into the lore too! I read the comic books, the short novels, I even got the whole book of the Brotherhood of Makuta members!

I also saw the first three movies. The third one probably being my favorite because of the whole Vakama turning evil plot line it had going for it.

I haven't seen Bionicle: the Legend Reborn or whatever it's called. I hear really mixed things about it. But from the few screenshots and clips of it, it doesn't look half bad.

Also, am I the only one who wanted a movie based on the 2006-2007 Story Arc? I would've loved to see the Piraka and Baraki in a movie!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gnobo wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Gnobo wrote:

Aw, I'm jealous! I don't even have all the original Toa!

I was really into the lore too! I read the comic books, the short novels, I even got the whole book of the Brotherhood of Makuta members!

I also saw the first three movies. The third one probably being my favorite because of the whole Vakama turning evil plot line it had going for it.

I haven't seen Bionicle: the Legend Reborn or whatever it's called. I hear really mixed things about it. But from the few screenshots and clips of it, it doesn't look half bad.

Also, am I the only one who wanted a movie based on the 2006-2007 Story Arc? I would've loved to see the Piraka and Baraki in a movie!

The only movie I saw was the Mask of Light. It was a pretty decent movie despite it being a Lego movie. I remember as a kid I played that one Bionicle flash game on the Lego site which involved you being an amnesiac and you traveled the world of Mata-Nui (was that what the world was called? I know Mata-Nui was some kind of god/creator or something who was opposite of Makuta) in a point and click fashion and you recruited other guys to rise up and help defeat stuff. The animation of the characters were awesome and I absolutely loved the game. The only flash game I could say I loved.

And since I have no clue what's happening in the story of 2006-2007, I'd say yes out of the two of us, you are the only one who wants it :odoroki:

Ace Sidekick!

You boys are beautiful.

Funny Gnobo brings this up since a few days ago I had flashbacks of when I watched this bionicle movie when I was in elementary school.

State Alchemist

Emiko Gale wrote:
You boys are beautiful.

Funny Gnobo brings this up since a few days ago I had flashbacks of when I watched this bionicle movie when I was in elementary school.

D'awww don't mind us, we're just two fanboys gushing on about the good ol' days! :larry2:

I remember one Saturday morning when I was about 10 years old, all I watched until around lunch time was Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui. I might think about watching it again for old time's sake...that is, if I hadn't already given it away... :nixiesob:

Off-topic: Pssst... Blak! You still writing with me and Emiko on the CR Dating thread?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gnobo wrote:
Off-topic: Pssst... Blak! You still writing with me and Emiko on the CR Dating thread?

Ehhhh my attention span finally gave up and I got bored. Other things caught my attention and I started focusing on them more. Maybe I'll get back to it one of these days.

Ace Sidekick!

Blak The Great wrote:
Gnobo wrote:

Ehhhh my attention span finally gave up and I got bored. Other things caught my attention and I started focusing on them more. Maybe I'll get back to it one of these days.

It's cool (I guess I need to sharpen my roleplay skills) I kind of want to make a general roleplay that takes place on the beach were you can have general beach fun, become a mermaid or pirate, what-have-you.

I'm not sure if it will work out though...Beach party usually screams hormones in action.

...Hopefully someday... xD

...That awkward moment I learned Gali is a female...

Yeah, Bionicle...The only toys I had from the original Toa Mata set (that's right I know some Bionicle mythos bi@tch!! X3) were Lewa, Gali and Kopaka.
Of course those weren't cooler than other legos IMO, but man were they marectised. Games, toys, movies...If you didn't know Bionicle aat all, even by name, back then I would have been god damn surprised....!
Once the series upgraded to Toa Nuva I tried to collect all the Toas again, but...I never found Pohatu Nuva ANYWHERE...
Heck; I even got the Tahus poisoned mask from the movie which I got by bying the comic (and later I got the mask of time same way) but one god damn Pohatu got away.
...And no; I'm not counting Takanuva here.

As I grew up Bionicle slowly died of course, but I still tried to collect at least one set of Toas.
And man dear god when they introduced Metru Nui I finally...FINALLY managed to get them all.
Nokama, Nuju, Onewa, Whenua, Matau...and after a month or so searching I finally found my Vakama too.
Later I even managed to find myself a Toa Lhikan and at this point I decided; yup ---- totally worth it.

...Aaaaaand after that...Bionicle just...Well we grwew apart or something.
Maybe I got finally too old or maybe it was just knowing that I finally managed to collect all six...But anyway; I left Bionicle after that.
Okay, I confess that when they introduced the Toa Hordikas, I bought some of those too, can't remember though which ones.
...But I'm preeeeeeetty sure I didn't get all of the six. Maybe four or something.
But anyway; I still have all of them left and I know where.
I'm planning to get them out here where I live now and just...put them on a bookshelf or something I guess.

But yeah, this is pretty much my story with Bionicle.
I saw the first two movies (thought they were pretty silly even back then) and...meh...
Bionicle is part of my chilhood and grantly nostalgic, but something I, like, would worship? ...meh...no.
ImageImageImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, this is one topic I never expected to see on C-R.

So... probably the quickest way I can put this is that I'm staff on BZPower. :shoe:

More in-depth, I've kind of got a weird history with the series. When I was young, I fell in love with the series' concept the day I got the first comic in with my LEGO Magazine. I collected a few of the Toa Mata, and the online game was my jam. Then in January 2003, I waited until my parents were out, snuck onto their computer, and used their e-mail to register at BZP. It was my first forum.

For about a year I hung around there, but as I joined other forums I drifted away. This was exacerbated by the flashback sequence/introduction of the Toa Metru, which for some reason just didn't grab me like the original three years. For a good six, seven years I let it lay.

Then, in late 2010, a chance conversation brought up the series again, and curious, I went and read up on it. Turned out in the seven years since they'd gone and made a plot so complex it made Kingdom Hearts look simple, which was a little off-putting. In spite of that, I couldn't help but kind of fall back in love with the series' mythos - sure, it was pretty black-and-white "good guys vs. villains", but I can get behind it. Especially when it's got a cool fantasy-science setting backing it.

I wound up posting more at BZP, wound up writing some stuff, met some awesome people, and got hired on as staff. So yeah, it's about the geekiest fandom I could be a part of, but hell, I love this series, even if the canon story is done and over with.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

State Alchemist

I remember always checking BZPower on the computer when I got finished with my homework so I could check out the latest news on any leaked images of new sets, and then I would usually got check out the sprite comics section.

I remember when I was always waiting for images of the 2006 Toa to come out. When news of the "Igniters" or whatever they called them before they were called the "Inika" came out, I was like, "Woah! Is that Jaller and Kongu?! How'd they get all messed up?!"

Yeah, I thought the Inika looked kinda wierd at first. Then later on, I guess they grew on me.

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I still have a few of these guys in a box somewhere, I have to keep them there else my dog chews on the pieces. I have some of the originals that I got for a birthday, two of the underwater ones(I forget their names) and was considering getting the final wave, but in the end missed out on it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices