Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

PSHomeTopic%20Title

stirring

Well, Sony just revealed a part of their online service for the PS3. They just introduced it just now, minutes ago so there's no articles to quote or anything (anything known now, is being introduced as we speak on this live feed).

Basically, PSHome is a combination of The Sims, the Mii network, and Xbox Live, with an assload of microtransactions. You get this virtual home to put crap in, an avatar that looks and controls Sims style, and various other personal items. In your house, you can add in a trophy room to show off awards and various achievements you've made, go to a 3D cinema to watch and download movie trailers (and it's implied that there'll be more eventually), and etc. PSHome, essentially, seems to be a way to unify and make friends' lists more personal and the like. Because it's a live feed that's running as I'm talking, more will be announced, but so far, this is close to about it.

To sum it up, Sony is on their way to creating the Matrix. Sadshoe Regardless of how evil it will eventually become, it must be admitted how impressive of an effort this is. It's also probably more impressive due to how quickly it just jumped out of nowhere. Despite how much they've screwed up lately, Sony seems to be recovering. Or rather, they've at least pulled PSHome out to help stop the bleeding, or stop the bleeding entirely perhaps. You should've seen the amount of clapping and roaring that was going on while Phil Harrison was showing it off. If the crow is any indication, it's going to become a very popular aspect of th used-to-be-dead Playstation Network.

EDIT: Damn GameSpot's fast at writing those articles. http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc07/st ... lk=topslot There's one.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy
Re: PSHomeTopic%20Title

Frannie's stalker

That sounds cool, actually! I wouldn't mind trying it out, but I still don't have near the funds for a PS3. Maybe in 3 or 4 more paychecks, but I'm not buying one. I need a car... D:
Formerly Cliff0023

Not much else to put down here. If you excuse me, I'm gonna go slather myself in maple syrup, now.

Hot stuff

A member at another forum I go to summed it quite well.

PSHome = Habbo Hotel

You create person, meet people, have your place, decorate place, etc. It does seem pretty interesting though. I'd rather waste my time doing other things though. :D

some sort of diabolical mastermind

Attorney Proto wrote:

PSHome = Habbo Hotel

What did you say about Habbo Hotel?

Anyway, we don't have the PS3 yet, but this is shaping up to look cool, so it's on notice.

Formerly Dr.Cube

Yea sony is getting desperate this is just them trying to steal ideas to get more popular they realize they are falling and they feel they have to remain on top even if that means combining everything your rivals have against you, besides fun games that is.

Queen Of The Mods

Ah, that's what I thought the Mii system was going to be like when I frst heard about it. It sounds like a good idea, despite all the characters looking like muggers, but only if it's done properly. I'm not getting a PS3 just for that though. Nick

stirring

Brocken_Jr. wrote:
Yea sony is getting desperate this is just them trying to steal ideas to get more popular they realize they are falling and they feel they have to remain on top even if that means combining everything your rivals have against you, besides fun games that is.

What's so desperate about this? You might as well have said that the original Xbox stole the Gamespy Arcade idea. Quite frankly, Home is free, and that's good. If implemented well, it can really become great. The PS3 is getting a nice, solid foundation, but as long as there are no games, it's not worth it.

Sony is getting their act together, and as long as some good games come along, as well as a price drop, the PS3 can become a good system as well that can merit a purchase, but- like I said- they just need games. At least this beats Nintendo's god-awful online. I mean, friend codes? Good god.

Last edited by Holy Hell on Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

You know, I could be doing all of this in my town...

I'm still here! If you recognize me. t.t

Harry Miste wrote:
Attorney Proto wrote:

PSHome = Habbo Hotel

What did you say about Habbo Hotel?

AIDS in the Home is MUCH worse than AIDS in the pool. Adrian

I will protect you....Fräulein

Man sony is cheap. First they sell a 600 dollar Ps3 and now this! I use the PSP,PS2,and PS1 and i am glad to have these systems but why so expensive? Microsoft beats Sony in a lot of ways.
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

Most concerned citizen out there.

Ace Prosecutor wrote:
Man sony is cheap. First they sell a 600 dollar Ps3 and now this! I use the PSP,PS2,and PS1 and i am glad to have these systems but why so expensive? Microsoft beats Sony in a lot of ways.

There is no denying that...I hate to admit.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/La ... OHNOES.jpg Gant (Sorry I just have to share this picture!)

Poor PS3... Larry
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

For Great Justice!

The beginning of the end of video games is now.

Gant Hee, hee. I have been counting down since last year. LOL

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
Sony is getting their act together, and as long as some good games come along, as well as a price drop, the PS3 can become a good system as well that can merit a purchase, but- like I said- they just need games. At least this beats Nintendo's god-awful online. I mean, friend codes? Good god.

True, but it's still not there. I personally wouldn't buy a PS3 because of Home, and in fact, would never really use it. I'd build one to test it out, and then never really bother with the whole "Homebuilding" part of the program.

Hell, even with a price drop, there's no worthwhile exclusives on the console. You could easily get an Xbox360 and get all the good games coming out of PS3 anyway (with the exception of Motorstorm but if you don't like racing games, there's no point in getting that, is there?)
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

True, but it's still not there. I personally wouldn't buy a PS3 because of Home, and in fact, would never really use it. I'd build one to test it out, and then never really bother with the whole "Homebuilding" part of the program.

Hell, even with a price drop, there's no worthwhile exclusives on the console. You could easily get an Xbox360 and get all the good games coming out of PS3 anyway (with the exception of Motorstorm but if you don't like racing games, there's no point in getting that, is there?)

Totally. I made this quite a while ago, unless I'm forgetting, and in the time gap, still nothing is out. With the exception of Metal Gear Solid 4, so far, I can't think of a reason why anyone would want a PS3.

spr fckn srs peepz

And even if Kojima says it's PS3 only... it'll probably end up changing with the tide of PS3 not having exclusives.

Besides, I think Live's better than the PSNetwork anyway.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

Live is infinitely better than PSNetwork. And the simple fact that Achievement Points are there would perpetually sway me over to the 360 when it comes to any multiplatform games.

Holy Hell wrote:
Live is infinitely better than PSNetwork. And the simple fact that Achievement Points are there would perpetually sway me over to the 360 when it comes to any multiplatform games.

Do you think 360 is going to be the biggest console in the race?

spr fckn srs peepz

Mighty Midget wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

It all depends on how the PS3 performs here and in Europe. These are the markets the 360 can reasonably win... however, can anyone get me the exact number of 360s Blue Dragon sold? 'cause I remember that being a really big number compared to the other 360 numbers.

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Mighty Midget wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

It all depends on how the PS3 performs here and in Europe. These are the markets the 360 can reasonably win... however, can anyone get me the exact number of 360s Blue Dragon sold? 'cause I remember that being a really big number compared to the other 360 numbers.

I don't have any clue what the numbers are, but if have anyone noticed a trend of systems. I personally call it the Dreamcast Effect.

A company makes a couple of successful consoles, like Sega, however, after awhile, no one wants to but that company's console due to many various reason. No one want the Dreamcast, because the the other systems have the best games in the market. I think this is going to happened to Sony because of the price ordeal...

Maybe it's just me though. I hope this makes somewhat a little sense.

stirring

The Dreamcast had a fabulous import zone, but because the casual gamer doesn't import, it wasn't much use.

Holy Hell wrote:
The Dreamcast had a fabulous import zone, but because the casual gamer doesn't import, it wasn't much use.

Exactly, thank you.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station