Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 253 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

In the middle of Walking Dead Season 2...

Spoiler:
Having to deal with Kenny again. Fucksake. And him trying to make everyone his bitch again, and messing everything up. He shouldn't be in this game. It doesn't seem like he is developing. Basically, he is just doing what he's done before.

Last edited by Thelema on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
Having to deal with Kenny again. Fucksake. And him trying to make everyone his bitch again, and messing everything up. He shouldn't be in this game. It doesn't seem like he is developing. Basically, he is just doing what he's done before.

Spoilers

Also

Get out

#teamkenny
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Spoilers

Also

Get out

#teamkenny

Fixed.

Am I the only person on Earth that doesn't like
Kenny? I mean, I feel like people want to cut my head off on YouTube Comments, simply because I don't like Kenny and bitch about him. They want to chase me like the Ganados from Resident Evil 4. lol

dangerousoffender wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Spoilers

Also

Get out

#teamkenny

Fixed.

Kenny? I mean, I feel like people want to cut my head off on YouTube Comments, simply because I don't like Kenny and bitch about him. They want to chase me like the Ganados from Resident Evil 4. lol

Well that's YouTube comments for you. Post any comment and you're bound to be hated on by some idiot 12 year old who thinks he's edgey. (I'm not talking about Edgeworth here.) For that reason I barely even leave comments anymore because what's the point there's just going to be a huge flame war. Back when I was a Brony I was hated on just for having a pony avatar. Even now with my Kill La Kill avatar people call me a "weaboo" even though I'v only watched like 5-6 anime in my life.

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Spoilers

Also

Get out

#teamkenny

Fixed.

I don't see the fix?

Also I wouldn't worry there's plenty of Kenny-haters out there. You'll just need to see for yourself if he absolves himself in this game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Become... Enlightened

Recently I'm doing a run-through of Warcraft. Everything. Of course this includes the RTSes, but it also includes the novels, and I have... methods... of playing the vanilla quests of WoW. They changed so much (especially the starter areas) in Cata, and it really grinds my gears that Blizzard basically deleted an entire world-state and made so many quests inaccessible. Yeah, I understand vanilla WoW didn't really have a cohesive storyline, but if you read between the lines a lot there's a lot of intriguing stuff going on there. Build-up to TBC, Wrath, and Cata (the latter especially is actually done really well), and political stuff. Vastly underrated, in my opinion. Gameplay isn't as up to par as more modern MMOs (even current WoW) or as classic as EverQuest, but it has its charms.

Additionally, I'm playing through Myar Aranath, a SureAI total conversion mod for Morrowind. They later made Arktwend as a sequel, also for Morrowind, Nehrim as another for Oblivion, and recently released Enderal for Skyrim. I like to play games in order, so even if I had to deal with some weird English patching issues from the German, it was worth it to me.

On that subject, I do still play Morrowind, when I get the chance. I actually entered the Elder Scrolls series as a serious fan with Skyrim, but one day I picked up Morrowind and never looked back. I know that's not the case for many, but being a tabletop gamer I felt right at home. I'm also really into the lore, so if anyone wants to discuss weird metaphysics, I'm around.

Finally, I'm also playing SpaceChem, by Zachtronics. It's a puzzle game that pretends to be about chemistry but is actually about programming. I have a couple other Zachtronics games, but those require a bit more of a time commitment, and I don't have time at the moment to play games about assembly coding when I have to do actual assembly coding for university. But I'll get to them. One day.

Phoenix Wright 3-2 is one of my favorite Phoenix Wright cases ever! Zvarri! :atmey:

Happy Maria

It definitely was...pretty complex for a second case.

Southern Corn wrote:
It definitely was...pretty complex for a second case.

Only cause it didn't make sense.

C-A

Puzzle Quest 2. It's a really awsome puzzle game about evil stuff and magic. I'm actually really far in the game. and I'm stuck on the Iron Golem boss. Well if this Iron Golem boss is in front of a door and is really hard. I can't imagine what's on the other side.

Gettin' Old!

Just attended Symphony of the Goddess, the Legend of Zelda concert. So in honour of it I'm going back to play some Link between Worlds
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Civilization VI is on the verge of release. I'm looking forward to playing it. However, I also know Crusader Kings II has a new expansion in the works, so I'm going to give priority to completing my playthrough before any new mechanics can muck things up. Remember the Harunids? The vassal limit mechanic from the Charlemagne expansion pretty much made that playthrough unplayable.

I'm now on my twentieth character in my current playthrough: Calipha Navvaba Fareeddokht. Her mother, Calipha Ghoncheh, died in 1299, just barely failing to make it to the fourteenth century. Coincidentally, she died near the turn of the century in the Hijri calendar, too, almost making it to the year 700 AH. Under Ghoncheh's rule, the Yohannanids expanded only slightly with a bit of territory being seized from the Talibids in Syria. The ultimate shock to Europe came when Ghoncheh invaded Malta and Sicily in a successful war against the Romans; it was the first time the Yohannanid Empire had ever sent forces directly onto European soil. Malta and part of Sicily are now part of the Yohannanid Empire. Navvaba has her sights set on the rest of Sicily.

It's at this point that I'd like to bring up the Threat mechanic, which was introduced in the Conclave expansion. Threat gradually decreases on its own and can be further decreased by granting independence to vassals. Conquering land increases your Threat score. When your score is high enough, neighboring realms will begin forming Defensive Pacts. At first, it's split according to religion; there's a Christian coalition, a Muslim coalition, a Mazdan coalition, a Dharman coalition, and so on. If you attack someone who's in a Defensive Pact against you, everyone else in that Defensive Pact will come to your target's aid. If your Threat score exceeds 50%, all the Defensive Pacts other than the one of your own religion will gang up on you if you attack any of them. If it goes above 75%, even the Defensive Pact of your own religion will come to your target's aid. If it goes above 95%, your own religious head will take up arms against you. What all this boils down to is that if you're too aggressive, you'll pretty much unite the whole world against you.

Threat is also affected by the size of your realm. The minimum amount of Threat you can gain is 2% per county conquered. The maximum is 15% per county conquered. The bigger you are, the more Threat you gain per county conquered. On the positive side, Threat increases are always maxed out at 50%, so even if I take a hundred counties in a single war, I'll only gain 50% Threat. That said, my empire is so big now that any war that adds four or more counties to my realm gets me to the 50% mark.

Edit: Navvaba died of natural causes after reigning for only three years and seven months. Her reign saw the conquest of some of Syria from the Talibids. Excluding a single wilayah in Homs, Syria is now completely under Aryan control. I am now playing as Caliph Dariush Zandzade, my twenty-first character and Navvaba's son.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Threat seems like a good way to curb peoples enthusiasm for war.

Especially compared to Civ 5 where everyone starts thinking of you as a warmonger for vague reasons.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Just attended Symphony of the Goddess, the Legend of Zelda concert.

Jell

Riot managed to find my greatest weakness so I guess I'm back to playing LoL

Anyone want to be a mahou shoujou with me?

Just playing some Pokémon ORAS to wake myself up.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Just attended Symphony of the Goddess, the Legend of Zelda concert.

Jell

Riot managed to find my greatest weakness so I guess I'm back to playing LoL

Anyone want to be a mahou shoujou with me?

Yeah was great...but it was weird how they ended it I thought.

They played Ballad of the Wind Fish, Majora's Mask medley and finished with a Skyward Sword Medley in the encore....
And yet this was the one that got a standing ovation and rightly so. 8:30 gives me chills.

Just seems like they would have been better saving that for the end.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Phoenix Wright 2-4. The Nickel Samurai is coming to get you!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Replaying bits and pieces of Umineko Ep. 1 in order to get a better feel for the characters while I continue writing Turnabout of the Golden Witch.

The Mechanic wrote:
Phoenix Wright 2-4. The Nickel Samurai is coming to get you!

I'll make him rust before he gets a step towards me. :ron:

C-A

Nickel is highly resistant to rusting, Cat :yogi:

Happy Maria

I guess that means she's really determined to stop him.

I'm playing Market Crashers on Streetpass and I just got the final goal! I got 10 billion gold! I'm kinda stuck on how to unlock the items though so if anyone else got this game instead of Slot Car Rivals can you please link me a guide or something?

In Justice We Trust

Unsurprisingly, I've been playing Civilization VI lately. I was quite pleased to see Pyotr Tchaikovsky among the possible Great Musicians. If only the developers had gotten his music right... When he creates the 1812 Overture in-game, you instead hear the Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture. When he creates the Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture in-game, you instead hear Swan Lake.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Unsurprisingly, I've been playing Civilization VI lately. I was quite pleased to see Pyotr Tchaikovsky among the possible Great Musicians. If only the developers had gotten his music right... When he creates the 1812 Overture in-game, you instead hear the Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture. When he creates the Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture in-game, you instead hear Swan Lake.

How IS Civvi though?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I'm enjoying it so far, though it's kind of demanding on my computer (time to upgrade, perhaps?). Most of the mechanics from Civilization V are back, which made it relatively easy to jump right in, though the new mechanics take some getting used to.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I'm enjoying it so far, though it's kind of demanding on my computer (time to upgrade, perhaps?). Most of the mechanics from Civilization V are back, which made it relatively easy to jump right in, though the new mechanics take some getting used to.

What's so new in it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

SCP Containment Breach. My favorite SCP in this game is SCP - 049 "The Plague Doctor" My favorite SCP item is SCP - 714 "The Jaded Ring" If you want to read about these check them out on the SCP Wiki. If the foundation was real (Who knows maybe it is.) I would almost definantly work there. I don't know which Site but most likely Site - 19. I would be one of the doctor's working there but I wouldn't want to be D class personnel that's for sure because I don't want to get killed by a Euclid class or even Keter class SCP.

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
What's so new in it?

Hu boy... Where to start...

Well, I suppose the big one would be the district system. I don't know if you've been following the "First Look" videos and the other stuff the Civilization team revealed before the release, so I'll err on the side of caution and assume you haven't. Cities are no longer restricted to a single tile, which definitely takes some getting used to. Surrounding tiles can be absorbed into the city in the form of districts. Each district serves a particular purpose, and while some structures can be built in the city itself, most structures have a prerequisite district. Libraries, for example, require a Campus. In addition, how many districts a city may have is dependent on its population, meaning that it's almost inevitable that certain cities will be geared toward certain types of projects. There are also "adjacency bonuses" that improve a district's output based on what it's next to. For example, the Commercial Hub loves being next to rivers and Harbors. Wonders are arguably in the same boat; rather than be built in the city itself, they occupy a tile outside the City Center, which can complicate district placement if you don't plan ahead. Thankfully, a Wonder doesn't count toward a city's district total.

Religion has also been tweaked. While most of the mechanics from Civilization V remain in place, there are some new additions. For starters, there are three religious units: the Missionary, the Apostle, and the Inquisitor. The Missionary spreads a religion, naturally, just as it did in Civilization V. The same holds true for the Apostle, which functions largely the way a Great Prophet did in Civilization V. In addition to spreading a religion, the Apostle can Evangelize, which will add a belief to your religion after it's been founded (similar to how a second Great Prophet could Enhance a religion in Civilization V, but in this case, a maximum of two beliefs may be added, requiring two Apostles). In addition, they can start an Inquisition, unlocking the Inquisitor unit. The Inquisitor removes heresy, just as it did in Civilization V. "Theological combat" is a completely new mechanic, though. You can--to an extent--wage an undeclared war against other religions. Inquisitors and Apostles can initiate theological combat with heretical Missionaries and Apostles, effectively the same as conventional combat, right down to the units losing HP. Missionaries can't initiate theological combat, but they can still defend themselves, so they're not just easy pickings for Inquisitors. Apostles can also earn promotions to help them in theological combat or in their efforts to spread the faith. Theological combat has risks beyond losing units, though; a unit that falls in theological combat causes the religious pressure in the surrounding ten-tile radius to change in favor of the victor at the expense of their own religion. Religion is also one of the paths to victory in Civilization VI; you win a Religious Victory if the religion you founded is the majority religion in every civilization. As such, founding a religion is fairly important, if only because it's the most effective means of preventing other civilizations from winning a Religious Victory.

City-States are also back, though you gain influence by different means than in Civilization V. In Civilization VI, you gain influence by sending envoys, which you gradually accumulate over time. You unlock a bonus for having one envoy at a City-State, an additional bonus for three, a third bonus for six, and a fourth bonus for having more envoys there than any other civilization (as long as you have more than three envoys there, that is). Gaining the fourth bonus makes you a City-State's suzerain, giving you access to their resources, part of their line of sight, permission to enter their lands, and the authority to command their troops (for a price), not to mention they'll be your ally in any wars you're fighting as long as you remain their suzerain.

Technology is no longer purely a scientific endeavor. Several buildings and actions are unlocked through Civics, which are developed through Culture. As you grow more advanced, you gain the ability to change governments. You also unlock new policies with almost every Civic you master. Policies give you particular bonuses and are split between Military, Economic, Diplomatic, and Great Person. There's also a Wild Card slot that you can put any policy in, allowing for some versatility. You have a limited number of policies you can have at any given time. I think of it as similar to tools in a shed with your government as a toolbox; you have all the tools in your shed, but there's only so much room in the toolbox, so you have to choose which tools to bring along carefully. Some Wonders give you additional slots, too.

The means by which you may declare war also changes over time; in the Ancient Era, you can declare war on someone without warning and for no reason. As you progress, however, picking random fights becomes less acceptable, leading to warmonger penalties. In certain circumstances, though, you may use a casus belli to reduce or even outright eliminate the warmonger penalty. Declaring a war to liberate one of your cities or an ally's city will have no penalty at all as long as you limit yourself to liberating the cities in question (regular penalties apply for any city you take that isn't eligible for liberation). You can declare a Holy War on anyone who converts one of your cities, you can declare a Colonial War on anyone two or more eras behind, and you can declare a War of Territorial Expansion on anyone who has two or more cities within ten tiles of two or more of your cities, though those wars all involve reduced penalties rather than no penalties at all.

Much to my annoyance, the Worker unit has been replaced with the Builder, which has a finite number of improvements it can build before it's lost, meaning you have to repeatedly churn out Builders if you want to improve your lands. Some policies and Wonders can increase the number of builds a Builder has before disappearing, though. I was quite pleased by the tweaks to Strategic Resources, though; you can churn out as many of a particular unit as you want as long as you have access to the necessary resources. Only two units of Iron? Enough for a dozen Swordsmen and then some.

I've probably left out plenty of other changes.

Gettin' Old!

Oh wow that sounds like quite a lot of extra things to swallow. I find the new war declarations especially interesting.

Did they keep the tourism win condition of culture? I preferred the Utopia project so in eager to know which way they went.

Did you find it hard to grasp all the new mechanics?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Just went back and checked the PC ports of the Laura Jones Duology,and sheesh,did they ever mess up the iOS port. Some hints don't even work in the latter,and character models stay stagnant in there too. Who thought this buggy,incomplete mess of a port was even feasible in the first place?

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Oh wow that sounds like quite a lot of extra things to swallow. I find the new war declarations especially interesting.

Did they keep the tourism win condition of culture? I preferred the Utopia project so in eager to know which way they went.

Did you find it hard to grasp all the new mechanics?

Cultural Victories are earned by ensuring that you get more visiting tourists than any civilization has domestic tourists. I don't fully understand it yet.

As I said, the new mechanics take some getting used to, so I'm sticking with lower difficulties until I have a better understanding of how everything works. I think I'm learning rather quickly, though.

Persona 5 on the PS3, of course. I grabbed the free DLC (casual attire/school uniforms + bathing suits) and then realized, when trying them out, that it really didn't suit the phantoms to run around and look epic in bathing suits or pajamas... now, if the costumes would work outside of the battling areas, that'd be cool. (Answering questions in school in a bathing suit? Yes, please.) So, I deleted them and, of course, it then said I can't load my savefile, so I had to restart.
Well, I had just managed to unlock the 2nd dungeon, so it's not that big of a deal.

There's one thing I need to complain about for P5, though it's minor. It's not really a spoiler, since it occurs within the first 30 minutes of the game and isn't actually talking about spoiler-stuff. But putting it in, just in case.

Spoiler: Persona 5 - 30 Minute 'spoiler'
The interrogation sections with Sae. I know, I am technically telling her how everything happened. But would she please STOP INTERRUPTING ME!? I know she'll do this about NINETEEN times before the plot is where the interrogation takes place, but COME ON! Stop interrupting me and telling me to tell you more when I'm already telling you what is happening.

Also, I know some out-of-context spoilers for the game. And some with-minor-context spoilers.
Well, given that one of them involves something that I said as soon as I started the game, but also read it's not well hidden, I'll not take credit for it.

C-A

Playing Resident Evil 4 HD I got from gamefly before I cancelled. For some reason the game feels harder than I remember. Maybe I been getting bad at video games lol. Also laughing so hard cuz one of my friends is pissed that on league, she is still bronze V in rank, and i barely play rank, and have a 2-10 record, and yet I was promoted to Silver V xD

The miracle never happen

I'm playing Black Desert Online and Guns of Icarus Online, there's so much I could say about both these games... but I'm not here to write a review... so I'll just recommend both, they both cost about 10 bucks each, and give a ton of great gameplay, buy 'em.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Spoiler: The Walking Dead Season 2 - Ending, Major Spoilers
I really missed playing with Lee. With Lee, I could be brutally honest with people and mouth off to Kenny. Clementine's dialogue options are much more boring in general.

In the end of the final episode, I decided to let Jane kill Kenny. Why? No, it is not because "I like" Jane (I don't really like her), not even because I dislike Kenny. It is because seeing everything objectively, no feelings involved, Clem has more chances to survive with Jane than she has with Kenny. Jane can't be trusted, but she is much more level-headed and rational than Kenny is. Kenny lost his mind one game ago, really, and from that moment on all he did, basically, was making poorly thought out decisions and screwing the dynamics of the groups he participated. He even admits to it himself at the moment of his death.

I've had people telling me Kenny has a "big heart". That he is a "likeable character". He isn't really. He is loyal, I'll give him that much, but he is loyal only if you agree 100% with him on everything, which in my book means a relationship based on interests. Season 1 shows over and over again how Kenny refuses to help and even let you die if you disagree with him. He is the most vindictive person there is. Hell, he will let you die even when saving you is a very easy task and doesn't put his life at risk. I really hate people who are always butthurt, obnoxiously vindictive and who will label you as an enemy for every little fucking thing. So passive aggressive and self-serving. I know, those are "human traits", but they are some of the human traits I despise the most. The only moment of the whole game I remember agreeing with Kenny, was the moment where he proposed to beat the hell out of Carver. I think this guy deserved the worst kind of death.

I really hope TT makes the scenario where Kenny dies the official one. He doesn't have anything to offer anymore to the plot as a character, really, and I think he was only included in Season 2 because of fanservice.
Re: What are you playing nowTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

dangerousoffender wrote:
Spoiler: The Walking Dead Season 2 - Ending, Major Spoilers
I really missed playing with Lee. With Lee, I could be brutally honest with people and mouth off to Kenny. Clementine's dialogue options are much more boring in general.

In the end of the final episode, I decided to let Jane kill Kenny. Why? No, it is not because "I like" Jane (I don't really like her), not even because I dislike Kenny. It is because seeing everything objectively, no feelings involved, Clem has more chances to survive with Jane than she has with Kenny. Jane can't be trusted, but she is much more level-headed and rational than Kenny is. Kenny lost his mind one game ago, really, and from that moment on all he did, basically, was making poorly thought out decisions and screwing the dynamics of the groups he participated. He even admits to it himself at the moment of his death.

I've had people telling me Kenny has a "big heart". That he is a "likeable character". He isn't really. He is loyal, I'll give him that much, but he is loyal only if you agree 100% with him on everything, which in my book means a relationship based on interests. Season 1 shows over and over again how Kenny refuses to help and even let you die if you disagree with him. He is the most vindictive person there is. Hell, he will let you die even when saving you is a very easy task and doesn't put his life at risk. I really hate people who are always butthurt, obnoxiously vindictive and who will label you as an enemy for every little fucking thing. So passive aggressive and self-serving. I know, those are "human traits", but they are some of the human traits I despise the most. The only moment of the whole game I remember agreeing with Kenny, was the moment where he proposed to beat the hell out of Carver. I think this guy deserved the worst kind of death.

I really hope TT makes the scenario where Kenny dies the official one. He doesn't have anything to offer anymore to the plot as a character, really, and I think he was only included in Season 2 because of fanservice.

You may have already seen it but brace yourself:

It's all well and good too say Kennys ideas were off the rail and bad but
Spoiler: The Kenny ending of the walking dead
he was right.

If you shoot Jane you then discover the baby that that sick **** Jane had left abandoned in the car. The journey continues and....

You arrive at Wellington....exactly as Kenny had told you. They seem secure and safe and have been for a while. However they are on a tight budget and don't want to take on any more.

Kenny pleads and begs...he even gives up on getting entry himself only so that YOU and the baby could get a place. His heartfelt plea actually works and the guy allows Clem and the baby to go and stay. At this point you have the heartbreaking choice to leave Kenny or disappear with him into the wilderness.

And...it was amazing and heartbreaking and there were tears as you watch Kenny walk off into the forest for hopefully the last time (seriously don't want to see Kenny die, please just stay away for season 3 Kenny, can't guarantee I can keep you alive again.)

So all in all Kenny is right, people paint him as irrational and irresponsible but he's willing to take action and always sticks up for people even if they hate him.

Remember the car crash? Remember how brutal Jane was being to Kenny there? Immediately after the Car Crashes Kenny's first instinct is to see that Jane and the baby are ok. He cares about people, he might get involved in a lot of arguments but he doesn't lose sight of what's important.

Now on the supposed rational level-headed Jane
Spoiler:
She leaves a crying baby in a car. You can hear the baby crying. Odds are the undead can too. She didn't know if she'd survive a fight with Kenny and she manipulated the situation with a man on the edge to trigger a fight and then try and prove herself right. She basically left that baby to die. Hell if things had went differently and you hadn't heard the baby I'm not sure she would have pointed it out. She always thought it was a liability and would hold you back. She's not rational, she's downright psychopathic. Uncaring about the consequences of her actions so long as it furthers her goals.

All she ever cared about was her sister and herself....Clem is a surrogate for that sister and since Jane couldn't abide to share that she tried to take Kenny out of the situation.

I heard that a lot of people were really frustrated with the Jane ending. The second you discover the baby they are mortified by what Jane has done. Yet to many...at this point...going it alone is suicide. So they feel the only option left is to go with Jane and the game apparently paints this positively as if Clem agrees with Jane and accepts it. My friend wished there was another ending where you could go with Jane but express a greater level of distrust or disapproval of her.

Hell if they went with your ending for the canon one I probably wouldn't buy any of season 3. I was happy with the ending of 2 and really I can be comfortable not continuing that story.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Spoiler: TWD S2 Spoilers
Kenny is a loose canon. He is directly and indirectly responsible for many shitty things that happened during the whole game. Lee's death even. Why that crazy guy kidnapped Clementine? Cause Kenny had the brilliant idea of stealing his supplies. Lee wouldn't get bitten if big-hearted Ken didn't insist on stealing the guy's stuff. Luke's death. Again, whose fault it is? Mostly Bonnie's, but also Kenny's for pushing Arvo too far. Kenny was losing his humanity. Barking orders, having anger outbursts all the time, being physically abusive. I know we get to discover Arvo is a cockroach later on, but that still doesn't justify the way Kenny treated him.

I let Jane kill Kenny with no remorse. I thought about all the possible groups he could damage in the future and all the people that could get killed because of him. Jane's methods were not right, sure, but she still proved her point: Kenny is too emotionally unstable to be kept around. She stated how AJ's supposed death was an accident, and Kenny simply decided to try to kill her in the same minute. No second thoughts, no questions or anything. What would he do if someone else had lost the baby? Not Jane, but Clementine, for example. Would Kenny snap? Would he be physically abusive? That's a plausible possibility. Jane uses Clementine as replacement for her sister, but Kenny basically uses the baby as replacement for his family, and the baby means everything to him. Even Luke states that.

Jane is cold, ruthless and selfish, but as a loner, she is much more likely to simply ignore/leave a group instead of trying to boss the group around and being unnecessarily aggressive towards people. She fucked up with the choice of putting the baby's life at risk, sure, but taking the whole plot into account, Kenny was much more consistently unstable, unpredictable and dangerous than she was. I've read a lot of arguments by people trying to explain why they kept Kenny alive, and most of them sounded emotional and kind of shortsighted in nature, honestly.

I don't really care about the "canon scenario" in S3, tbh. Jane can be dead for all I care, but I just think Kenny's story should be over. He has to go. Even if he is technically alive, I don't think he should appear anymore. Him being with Clem/any group would just repeat everything we've already seen (the conflict he creates, basically), and any attempt to modify his character now would be utterly unrealistic. You can't transform a damaged, angry guy into a stable person overnight.

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler: Walking Dead both seasons
OK you are really far gone if you want to blame Lee's death on Kenny. One random zombie attack and its Kenny's fault? Did the guy who got robbed set the Zombie on Lee? Could he have? No its ridiculous. Maybe step back and clear your head a bit because irrational arguments like this are borne more of your hatred of Kenny than any actual evidence.

Luke was gone anyway, you are really stretching it when you are blaming Kenny for Arvo's actions that lead to death by acts of god after saying it's mostly someone else's fault. If we want to stretch logic that far, everyone on the ice had a hand in Luke's death for being there and weakening the integrity of the ice with their weight. If we're going to blame people for Arvo's actions then let's look at his first encounter with Jane. Where she was so horrible to him that he lead his Russian group to attack the party injuring and killing several of the team and leading to the several deaths later on. FURTHERMORE for all his hatred, when Arvo falls through the ice it is Kenny of all people who pulls him out. The kid who killed several others through his actions and who Kenny hated. Kenny can put aside his issues when it matters. Jane turns those life or death situations in malicious psychological traps designed to prove a petty point. Jane almost certainly wouldn't have saved Arvo either if it was at risk to her.

Kenny is losing his humanity but at least he has it. Based on the track record Jane would toss you in the dumpster the second you become too much of a liability.

Also you cant compare Clementine losing the baby to Clementinr losing the baby. There's too many different parallels, Kenny sees Clem as someone to protect as well for starters, Clem would almost certainly be more repentant than Jane was, Kenny and Jane had a preexisting enmity that already shared a degree of dislike. There's way too many different variables in the relationship.

I would make the argument that Kenny's situation was enough to make almost anyone snap. Anyone who cared for things in any case. Bear in mind he'd lost his wife not long before and then almost everyone else he'd tried to protect before they betray him and try and take something he worked hard on away from him.

Kenny ain't to be hated, he's to be pitied. The game treats him worse than almost any other character. Of course he's going to fray around the edges.

Jane proving that he'd snap is like me dropping a stone to prove that gravity exists. Its not worth any credit. She provoked a horrible situation on a man who had already been pushed to the edge. He might be losing his humanity but at least he has humanity.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Spoiler: TWD Spoilers, Season 1 and 2
Lol Pierre. You are basically giving Kenny a free card, as if he shouldn't be held responsible for his own actions. "Kenny is a victim, Kenny is emotionally damaged, therefore he is justified in anything he does, even murder. If somebody tries to manipulate Kenny and ends up being killed, it is their fault for messing with Kenny in the first place". If Kenny murders Jane, it is her fault. Really? She manipulated the whole situation, but let's not forget that Kenny is a human being who is free to make choices. The line of reasoning you are using here to defend Kenny could be used to defend nearly any murderer with anger issues on Earth. Somebody messes up with an angry guy and gets killed. "It is the victim's fault for messing up with this guy who is emotionally fragile/hitting his weak spot". The single fact that killing someone is an idea that comes to Kenny's mind so quickly shows how much of a dangerous person he is.

Second thing. I don't hate Kenny. I dislike him, but I don't hate him. He pissed me off a lot during the first season, yes, because he is the kind of personality I despise the most. Being "loyal" is not enough to make me like a character. One of my first experiences with him: he left me to die in the pharmacy because I didn't side with him during his argument with Lilly. Later on, he was all pissed off at me because I didn't agree with his decision to smash Larry's head in front of Lilly. He was very desperate and willing to kill anyone who could potentially turn into a walker in the same second, but he put the whole group in danger because he didn't want to acknowledge that his son was bitten. He was hostile and impatient towards everyone, or 80% of the characters. In Season 1, the only thing he cares about is his family and himself. Kenny cares about a small amount of specific people, but he doesn't really give a damn about most of his peers/people who are in groups with him. This is shown when he gets impatient with Omid and doesn't want to let him rest. And again, he gets pissed off at you for saving Ben's life, and the worst of all: he won't help Lee to search for Clementine in the end of S1, just because you didn't agree with all his decisions (and you have to hear all that obnoxious self-righteous speech about being a Christian man). Your whole argument of "Kenny can put aside his issues when it matters" falls apart with all these facts.

Despite all of that (there are more things I could say, but it would make the post too long), I thought Kenny kind of redeemed himself when he put his life at risk to save Ben from turning into a walker. I thought, "well, maybe he really did develop". It was basically the first time I remember seeing Kenny showing compassion for another human being that wasn't his family and acting on it. So, by the end of Season 1, I was kind of neutral towards Kenny.

Then Season 2 comes, and it is shown that he hasn't developed at all; his behavior becomes progressively worse and he puts you/the whole group in needless dangerous situations multiple times. I could make a big list here of his fuck ups. One of the first ones probably being trying to pick up a fight with Carver's people, when his group clearly outnumbered Kenny's group (nice one, Ken). He will blame Clementine for Sarita's death, even if she tries to save her (my case). He refuses to let Rebecca rest. He was responsible for almost everything that happened during the last episode. He will beat the hell out of Arvo, even if you do everything you can do to make him stop (he doesn't listen to reason). Bonnie and Mike left the group and joined Arvo because of Kenny's behavior. I was ready to leave/kill Kenny at the moment Arvo shot Clementine, even before the whole fight between Kenny and Jane.

It is funny how basically no character in the game likes Kenny, with very few exceptions, and the players worship him like a God. Lilly doesn't like Kenny, Christa doesn't like Kenny, Jane doesn't like Kenny, Molly doesn't like Kenny, Luke is not a fan of Kenny's either. Lee constantly got into conflict with Kenny. This is how difficult to deal with he is.

The main point is, even if Kenny doesn't directly hurt Clementine, he puts her in dangerous situations because of his personality. He may have good intentions when it comes to Clementine, but guess what, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He has a tragic story? Ok, but so does virtually every character in the game, including Jane. It is funny how Kenny's backstory justifies his violence, but Jane's backstory can't justify her coldness and lack of trust. Lilly is a psycho, Larry is a psycho, Jane is a psycho, Ben is a demon, only Kenny is a saint and justified in his actions.

EDIT: Plus, Jane is not as bad as you are painting her here. Sure, she doesn't trust/care about most people (her backstory justifies why), but she has shown to genuinely care about Clementine and saved her life at least twice. When she decided to return to the group, it is clear that she is a little more willing to compromise and be somewhat flexible for the sake of living with a group. Her decision in the end was wrong, but she wouldn't have put her life at risk and get into a fight with Kenny to show his true colors if she didn't care about Clementine. Why is Kenny's attachment to Clementine any more genuine than Jane's attachment to Clementine is?

Gettin' Old!

Ok here we go

Spoiler: The Walking Dead both seasons
Quote:
Lol Pierre. You are basically giving Kenny a free card, as if he shouldn't be held responsible for his own actions. "Kenny is a victim, Kenny is emotionally damaged, therefore he is justified in anything he does, even murder. If somebody tries to manipulate Kenny and ends up being killed, it is their fault for messing with Kenny in the first place". If Kenny murders Jane, it is her fault. Really? She manipulated the whole situation, but let's not forget that Kenny is a human being who is free to make choices. The line of reasoning you are using here to defend Kenny could be used to defend nearly any murderer with anger issues on Earth. Somebody messes up with an angry guy and gets killed. "It is the victim's fault for messing up with this guy who is emotionally fragile/hitting his weak spot". The single fact that killing someone is an idea that comes to Kenny's mind so quickly shows how much of a dangerous person he is.

That's fair to an extent, Kenny did snap and attack Jane I'm not arguing that or saying he's guilt free. That doesn't mean Jane gets off scot free as well. The whole scenario did not need to happen as Jane had escaped safely with the baby. She CHOSE to provoke Kenny with the clear mind of starting a fight. Also you say that it's not a defence but: Indiana law states, "A person who recklessly, knowingly or intentionally engages in conduct that is likely to provoke a reasonable man to commit battery commits provocation." so there is the possibility that in some places this is considered a defence.

At the very least yes...temporary psychosis and insanity ARE considered legal defences as well absolving the perpetrator of full responsibility. If someone snaps to the point of losing reason then yes it can result in diminished responsibility verdicts. Jane knew the outcome of her actions, Kenny wasn't right but Jane still shares part responsibility with him, arguably more so since she fabricated the situation.

Quote:
I don't hate Kenny. I dislike him, but I don't hate him. He pissed me off a lot during the first season, yes, because he is the kind of personality I despise the most. Being "loyal" is not enough to make me like a character. One of my first experiences with him: he left me to die in the pharmacy because I didn't side with him during his argument with Lilly. Later on, he was all pissed off at me because I didn't agree with his decision to smash Larry's head in front of Lilly. He was very desperate and willing to kill anyone who could potentially turn into a walker in the same second, but he put the whole group in danger because he didn't want to acknowledge that his son was bitten. He was hostile and impatient towards everyone, or 80% of the characters. In Season 1, the only thing he cares about is his family and himself. Kenny cares about a small amount of specific people, but he doesn't really give a damn about most of his peers/people who are in groups with him. This is shown when he gets impatient with Omid and doesn't want to let him rest. And again, he gets pissed off at you for saving Ben's life, and the worst of all: he won't help Lee to search for Clementine in the end of S1, just because you didn't agree with all his decisions (and you have to hear all that obnoxious self-righteous speech about being a Christian man). Your whole argument of "Kenny can put aside his issues when it matters" falls apart with all these facts.

No...it really doesn't...in fact if anything the timing of your points actually supports my arguments. While I'd accept that Kenny is a human and so can pretty much do anything and not be consistent in his attitudes the timing of these suggests substantial growth in Kenny. In season 1 your examples show him in an extremely negative light but it doesn't cancel out my examples from season 2. Both exist in a continuum however my examples happen later on which would indicate...growth in Kenny. That he can change or at least has capacity for both great kindness and cruelty like any human being.

Quote:
Then Season 2 comes, and it is shown that he hasn't developed at all; his behavior becomes progressively worse and he puts you/the whole group in needless dangerous situations multiple times. I could make a big list here of his fuck ups. One of the first ones probably being trying to pick up a fight with Carver's people, when his group clearly outnumbered Kenny's group (nice one, Ken). He will blame Clementine for Sarita's death, even if she tries to save her (my case). He refuses to let Rebecca rest. He was responsible for almost everything that happened during the last episode. He will beat the hell out of Arvo, even if you do everything you can do to make him stop (he doesn't listen to reason). Bonnie and Mike left the group and joined Arvo because of Kenny's behavior. I was ready to leave/kill Kenny at the moment Arvo shot Clementine, even before the whole fight between Kenny and Jane.

Which really challenges the concept of "he hasn't developed at all". I'm not going to blame him for wanting to try and save people from Carver as he cared deeply about them and when people got threatened and he was safe he chose to submit at let his friends live. Jane would have walked off and protected herself if she had been holding the rifle.

Additionally Sarita's death is not really anyone's fault but it can be a "bit" more Clementine's fault. If you choose to chop off the hand, the pain causes Sarita to scream outloud which causes a far...far more immediate death than the prolonged outcome so it is partly Clementine's fault. However considering the man just lost his wife I'm not going to judge him too harshly for how unreasonable he is at that point. If anything I found it amazingly impressive how he was able to pull it together in the end of that episode to organise everyone and deliver the baby in spite of his soul-crushing loss.

Additionally while we're still dodging the crux issue here: Jane is the one who set Arvo against the party in the first place resulting in Arvo working against them. Kenny might have beat him but that's only when they captured him AFTER the fight caused by Jane. Arvo had legitimately tried to kill most of the party at this point. I think you are misappropriating blame here, we could lay it squarely at Arvo's feet. Mike and Bonnie leaving was also pretty despicable considering Kenny had spent a while fixing the car up for them. You seem willing to hold Kenny accountable for his behaviour so why not other people? Mike Bonnie and Arvo were shown to be real dirtbags in that episode and they were far more rational in their actions than Kenny was in the finale.

Again...I really think you are letting your hatred of Kenny cloud your judgement.

Quote:
It is funny how basically no character in the game likes Kenny, with very few exceptions, and the players worship him like a God. Lilly doesn't like Kenny, Christa doesn't like Kenny, Jane doesn't like Kenny, Molly doesn't like Kenny, Luke is not a fan of Kenny's either. Lee constantly got into conflict with Kenny. This is how difficult to deal with he is.

Christa didn't like many people and was watchful of others, Lilly was power-hungry and mad, Molly was a loner who used the party for her temporary needs, Luke is an idiot who compromised the safety of the whole party because he got a boner and Lee is presented as a neutral party a lot of the time. I sided with Kenny on many things and so there wasn't as much conflict as you might think. As such I'd remove Lee from that list.

Now let's consider you said "No character in the game likes Kenny"

His Wife...his son...his second wife...the small family he managed to build around himself by season 2. Clem arguably considering how they meet in season 2.

Quote:
The main point is, even if Kenny doesn't directly hurt Clementine, he puts her in dangerous situations because of his personality. He may have good intentions when it comes to Clementine, but guess what, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. He has a tragic story? Ok, but so does virtually every character in the game, including Jane. It is funny how Kenny's backstory justifies his violence, but Jane's backstory can't justify her coldness and lack of trust. Lilly is a psycho, Larry is a psycho, Jane is a psycho, Ben is a demon, only Kenny is a saint and justified in his actions.

The difference between Kenny and Jane is important...yes her coldness and lack of trust is justified but that still allows for rational thought that she used against the party. For Kenny his backstory led to a loss of control that he can't be held accountable for. It's the difference between someone who has the power to stop something and someone who doesn't. Kenny was helpless, Jane wasn't.

Also Lilly WAS a psycho...even if you side with her she outright steals your van and runs off!

Quote:
EDIT: Plus, Jane is not as bad as you are painting her here. Sure, she doesn't trust/care about most people (her backstory justifies why), but she has shown to genuinely care about Clementine and saved her life at least twice. When she decided to return to the group, it is clear that she is a little more willing to compromise and be somewhat flexible for the sake of living with a group. Her decision in the end was wrong, but she wouldn't have put her life at risk and get into a fight with Kenny to show his true colors if she didn't care about Clementine. Why is Kenny's attachment to Clementine any more genuine than Jane's attachment to Clementine is?

It's an impossible question to have a right or wrong answer to. I'll grant that's she grew somewhat when she returned to the group but she swiftly reverted on that towards the end where she manipulated Kenny into snapping. You could also argue that she cares more about herself in saving Clementine. Having become dependent on Clementine she is basically unhealthily using her for her own benefit.

I'll point out that in the end of the day...Kenny was capable of giving up Clementine and the Baby to ensure their safety.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 253 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station