SuperAj3 wrote:
My team currently is (excluding nicknames):
  • Chesnaught Lv72
  • Vivillon Lv68
  • Talonflame Lv70
  • Blaziken Lv76
  • Blastoise Lv69
  • Gengar Lv59

I'm just about to enter the Elite 4, but I feel I should go find a better Anti-dragon Pokemon than my Gengar, (As it knows Dazzling Gleam, but is always KO'd after one hit, regardless of my many hours of super training :acro: ) Maybe switch to an Abomasnow?

Also, How did they not think to put left hand support for Super-Training! :grey:
It's such a pain to attack and dodge with 1 hand! I got used to Kid Icarus, but this is nigh on impossible for me to aimwith the stylus in my right hand (I shouldn't need to practice opposite hand co-ordination for a mini-game lol)

I know right? Granted I managed but it certainly wasn't comfortable to me. Surprised they'd miss something like that especially for something as big as a Pokemon game.

Edit: Kinda wanna strap on my Dual Stick Pro and see how it goes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Pokemon 6th Generation: X and YTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

Well, I would strap on the Dual Stick Pro, but I don't have the XL version of it, and I sold the original to pay for my XL version, as it was cheaper to transfer the data than to do repairs.

My current party is (two badges left):
Shisai (Delphox) Lv. 59: Lead, Fire/Psychic moves, Sp. Atk. debuffer
Aerodactyl Lv. 45 (need to find the name rater, I don't know why they don't let us name the fossils when we get them) Sweeper, Megaevolution. Rock/Flying/Dark moves.
Feyebb (Azumarill) Lv. 54: Another sweeper, Fairy/Water/Fighting moves.
Spirit Fist (Lucario) Lv. 49: Ground/Fighting moves (currently), Megaevolution, sweeper.
Elder Gaeus (Venusaur) Lv. 52: Grass/Poison moves, tank
Ray (Linoone) Lv. 49: HM servant

Looking on my team, I have decent type diversity, but only defensively. I don't have a great offensive moveset. To really cover all my bases, I'd need ice and electric type moves on at least one of my Pokemon, and possibly need to replace one of my Pokemon with another.

Consequently, I'm SEVERELY overleveled without even trying to be. I'm a good 10 levels above most trainers with just my weakest.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Fairy type is the bane of my existence. The gym leader wrecked my shit since most of my team consists of Dragons and Dark types, and it doesn't help that their only weakness is Steel and Poison which are, let's face it, the two worst offensive types in the series. I've been accused of using these so-called "psuedo-legendaries", but I just can't help loving Salamence, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Metagross. They're just so fucking cool!

Don't have my game on hand, but my team is pretty offensive with pretty low defenses right now. Off the top of my head I've got my
Greninja
Blaziken
Tyrantrum
Haxorus
Trappinch (WIP)
and
Gardevoir
All somewhere in between lvl 40-50. Except Trappinch, cause she's being EV trained right now.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

aka Ami <3

They've only been the worst due to the large amount of weaknesses poison has and the fact that until now? Poison was only supereffective against grass, and the only boon it had was that most poison moves either debuffed, buffed, or poisoned/inflicted toxic, and then would do more damage based on that. Toxicroak, Amoonguss, Gengar, Nidoking, Roserade, Tentacruel, Crobat, and Venusaur have all been viable metagame choices at one time or another, and it's good to see that Poison is getting a little recognition, especially since Steel types are so prolific and such an effective counter to Poison.

Steel has also been a GREAT offensive type since Gen III. I don't know how many pure steel teams I've seen in the previous two metagames. Thousands? That's exaggerating. Way too many to say that Steel types don't have one of the greatest Pokemon pools with great movepools and typing? Yes.

But I will agree- all of those pokemon are cool. Really, if you still want an all-dragon team, it isn't that hard- all you have to do is include some poison or steel, which isn't very hard to find amongst dragons. Fairy is still a very new type with relatively few moves compared to the veteran types that have been around since the Gen II, not to mention the original 15. I think the only movepool fairy type moves dwarves currently is the amount of Shadow moves, but since Shadow-typing isn't common or exists beyond a couple of games, it's safe to assume it won't be one-upping fairy type moves anytime soon.

Fate Testarossa

Steel's never been a good offensive type though...? It's been used primarily as a defensive typing.

Fate is made by クロス

aka Ami <3

kwando wrote:
Steel's never been a good offensive type though...? It's been used primarily as a defensive typing.

Gyro Ball coupled with Trick Room is a powerful combination. Not to mention Meteor Mash. Bullet Punch with Scizor? Flash Cannon, and freakin' Iron Head. These moves have been the bane of my life when used against me, and very trusty when I use them.

It doesn't hit much supereffectively, is the problem. I think it's just Rock (lol), Ice (double lol), and Fairy?

So anyway, I've spent about eight hours of in-game time over the past two days and bred two Mawiles with perfect IVs. Breeding in X/Y is pretty ridiculous.

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
It doesn't hit much supereffectively, is the problem. I think it's just Rock (lol), Ice (double lol), and Fairy?

So anyway, I've spent about eight hours of in-game time over the past two days and bred two Mawiles with perfect IVs. Breeding in X/Y is pretty ridiculous.

That's precisely why I don't IV breed. No idea why it has to be so tedious.

Er... I meant ridiculous in the good way, actually. Getting perfect Pokes in X/Y is WAAAAAY easier than in previous games, eight hours is nothing. That time also includes getting a bunch of Dittos from Friend Safari and one of each of the Power items from Battle Bullsh- I mean Maison.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Man I've been gone a while. :P

I beat the game about two days after release date. Best Pokemon game ever. I say that about every new Pokemon game but still.

I beat the Champion with Delphox, Blastoise, Gardevoir, female Meowstic, Aegislash, and Yveltal. I am currently constructing a viable team of potential Megas: Gardevoir, Blastoise, Charizard, Gengar, Garchomp, and Lucario. Only one will hold a Mega Stone and it's up to my opponents to guess which one!

This is probably the first Pokemon game where I have more old Pokemon on my team than new ones. In fact, since I'm training Mewtwo right now, it's the first time I've had so many Gen 1 Pokemon in the same team since my first Pokemon game, Firered. Not to say I don't absolutely LOVE a lot of the new Pokemon though. I've always been the guy to defend new things about Pokemon and the Goomy, Pumpkaboo, Espurr, Tyrunt, and Honedge families are some of my favorite Pokemon ever.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

And only after I bet the champion do I decide to talk to the girl in the back of the PR Video studio, hurrah different eye colours!

Gettin' Old!

I actually had surprising amounts of fun messing around with that ol' Poke PR Video, can do some dumb hilarious stuff.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

The fact that Super Training is really, really easy eluded me until long after I had beaten the champion. To think, I could have had a whole team of fully EV trained Pokemon from the get-go! This is literally EV Training for casuals and it is both easy and fun. Imagine that!
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

aka Ami <3

Been looking at the new pokemon on serebii, and I've looked at some possibilities. Thoughts, everyone?

- Malamar (Contrary love)
- Aegislash (The first viable switch hitter since Shuckle?)
- Chestnaught (Immune to several commonly used moves)
- Greninja (Super STAB potential)
- Blaziken (Speed boost ftw)
- Vivillion in Double/Triples (For defense)
- Talonflame (Possible priority sweeper?)
- Meowstic (Prankster)
- Furfrou (Fur Coat gives it great physical tanking possibilities despite its sub-par defense, and has middling special defense)
- Barbacle (Possible crit fiend?)
- Dragalge (Dragon on pure-dragon teams to combat Fairies, Adaptability bonus, decent special tanking capabilities)
- Clawitzer (Needs slightly more chunk, but nice sweeping capabilites)
- Aurorus (Snow warning for snow teams, Refrigerate has interesting possibilities)
- Tyrantum (both abilities have potential, but needs some speed buffs from a passer more than likely)
- Carbink (as a Rock/Fairy alternative to Shuckle? Or a buffer with Guard Split in multi battles?)
- Goodra (HUGE tanking possibilities)
- Klefki (Prankster possibilities~ <3 )
- Treveneant (Possible trick room abuser?)
- Gourgeist (unsure of what small could do with average speed, but large has some decent trick room abuse himself)
- Noviern (Substitute punisher)

Fate Testarossa

You're missing the most fun one. STICKY. WEB. GALVANTULA.

Fate is made by クロス

aka Ami <3

kwando wrote:

Wouldn't stealth rock be a better investment?

Fate Testarossa

genodragon1 wrote:
kwando wrote:

Wouldn't stealth rock be a better investment?

You have no idea how powerful Sticky Web is. Makes all non-levitating/flying sweepers pretty useless because of lowered speed. (Also, you set up multi hazards. Not just sticky web. xP)

Fate is made by クロス

aka Ami <3

Yeah, but if those sweepers have any bulk, they just survive on their thickness. Like Contrary Malamar, who can take a hit and keep the hits coming. Plus, that's not even relevant to Prankster pokemon, Pokemon that focus on priority moves (like Bullet Punch Scizor, or Huge Power Azumarill + Aqua Jet).

But, if we discuss Sticky Web, how many Pokemon know it that can set up other entry hazards? Because the only one I see is Shuckle who can learn Stealth Rock. Shuckle has a bunch of bulk, but he has literally the lowest base speed stat I know of. Galvantula's speed stat middles when it comes to sweepers, and has less than desirable defenses. Not to mention the prevalence of Taunt users- not only fast Taunters, but Prankster Taunters.

Frankly, I don't see Sticky Web Galvantula as a lead, which is the place to put your important spikers.

Fate Testarossa

Nah, you stick Galvantula as a suicide lead. Focus Sash + Compound Eyes + Sticky Web + Thunder + Bug Buzz + OTHER MOVE (I use Giga Drain for coverage). Give it max speed, guaranteed Sticky Web setup, and if you're fast enough, you can also knock out a few of their pokemon as well.

Fate is made by クロス

aka Ami <3

True, but if that set up becomes too popular, everyone's gonna want to put Taunt on their leads (who could even have prankster). Then again, I suppose prediction is most of the strategy of the game.

Still, there are a lot of bulky Pokemon that could take the hit to speed if it isn't their original intention. Furthermore, Contrary Malamar would eat that up. Not to mention Trick Room teams that would revel in the lowered speed to make them "faster". So while I can see at least two to three common counters to Sticky Web, I see Galvantula's potential as a lead.

Fate Testarossa

Malmar with +1 speed is still slower than Galvantula. xP

Fate is made by クロス

aka Ami <3

kwando wrote:
Malmar with +1 speed is still slower than Galvantula. xP

True, but my point is that there's plenty of Pokemon with bulk that can take a hit and keep on swinging.

Seeing if I can assemble the following hypothetical, prospective pokemon to put in teams to check viability:

* Since you brought it up, maybe a bug-team can no longer suck? Let's try this.
- Galvantula. The strategy you mentioned.
- Mega Scizor. Because Scizor's viability just got better, even without the mega evolution.
- Mega Heracross. With Skill Link? ooohhh~ Arm Thrust, Pin Missile, Bullet Seed/Arial Ace, Earthquake. STAB Skill link capabilities, but unable to counter flying types.
- Ninjask with Speed Boost and Focus Sash~ <3. One of my old favorites. Protect, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, X-Scissor. Passes speed and power.
- Accelgor. Because super speed plus unburden or hydration? BAMF.
- Volcarona, for obvious reasons. And it occurs to me at this point that making an all-bug team is DIFFICULT.
- Shuckle. Power Swap, Guard Sweap, this guy is not only an insane debuffer, but buffs himself at the same time (power-wise), making himself a viable sweeper.
- Parascect. Rain abuser?
- Eviolite Scyther? Middling defenses, decent speed, decent attack... does this make a well-rounded pokemon? The typing doesn't, but maybe it has power.

* A dragon team. Dragalge will be a near-necessity, due to its poison/dragon typing and the new fairy types. Choices I'm thinking of, in no particular order:
- Mega Garchomp. Sweeping up the metagame once more. Or, if we want megas...
- Mega Charizard X. Resists the original weakness of ice. Steel type attacks to punish fairies. Or even...
- Mega Ampharos. Impressive sp. atk., but the typing does give it double the weaknesses.
- Dragalge. Poison/Dragon typing to counter FAIRY TYPE POKEMON!
- Kingdra. Resistant to ice, fairly fast.
- Goodra. Each ability allows different strategies. My favorites being Sap Sipper and Gooey, allowing it to use physical attacks as a speed debuffer possibly.
- Druddingon. Sheer Force, baby.
- Dragonite. Multiscale defenses, fo' sure.

* A fairy team. Because if there's a new type, the first thing I want to do is monotype.
- Mega Mawile. Metal/Fairy typing makes it very strong type-wise, and has somewhat above average defense, and average sp. def. Not to mention passing possibilities.
- Mega Gardevoir. HP Ice/Icy Wind, Charge Beam/Thunderbolt, Moonblast/Hyper Beam, Psyshock/Psychic. So many sweeping possibilities.
- Cute Charm Sylveon: Draining Kiss, Calm Mind/Shadow Ball, HP Fire, and Psyhock. OR
- Pixilate Sylveon: Echoed Voice/Hyper Beam, Calm Mind/Shadow Ball, HP Fire, and Psyshock. Not terribly different, but slightly more offensive than defensive.
- Azumarill: Super Power, Rough Play, Waterfall, Double-Edge/Aqua Jet. Double-edge for neutral hits against most types, Aqua Jet for speed.
- Whimsicott: Because Prankster is awesome.
- Togekiss: For sweeping. Serene Grace for extra fun.
- Klefki: Also because Prankster. Typing is slightly better than Whimsicott's. Great spiker.
- Carbink: Stealth Rocker, AMAZING defense and special defense stats.
- Mr. Mime: Special tank.

Gettin' Old!

Haha my girlfriend somehow didn't clock that Kalos is Fake Pokemon France. She was saying Espurr's female form was French-looking and I said it was fitting for the setting. She had no idea...apparently the Eiffel Tower in Lumiose City was just blanked for her.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Pierre wrote:
Haha my girlfriend somehow didn't clock that Kalos is Fake Pokemon France. She was saying Espurr's female form was French-looking and I said it was fitting for the setting. She had no idea...apparently the Eiffel Tower in Lumiose City was just blanked for her.

And exactly how did she miss Proffesor Sycamore as well as the Eiffel Tower?

Gettin' Old!

Hylian100 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

And exactly how did she miss Proffesor Sycamore as well as the Eiffel Tower?

Well Professor Sycamore is just a stereotype of 'pretty young stylish man' I suppose that can slide....as for the Eiffel Tower...I don't know. Sycamore's assistants also use straight-up french in their dialogue. The town names sound kinda 'faux french' and the citizens of Lumiose City wear French Berets on their hats and Furfrou is a French Poodle.

It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't baffling.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Sometimes you can miss things that are right there in front of you. As goes the phrase "hiding in plain sight". Sometimes it's easy to hide when not meaning to. Ever get stuck on a piece of testimony where you end up kicking yourself after figuring out the way to beat it? I'd like to think of it like that.

Then again, sometimes people are thick. I know I am sometimes. I was so frustrated by those sleeping pig noise in TWEWY. The clues were blatantly obvious, but I didn't get how to defeat them.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-p ... x/67652571

:)

Trust gamefaq to bring a kingdom hearts reference in. Friend safari is my favourite feature.

Your life is incomplete until you feed Poké Puffs to a Bellossom.

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Your life is incomplete until you feed Poké Puffs to a Bellossom.

*makes a note of this* It'll give me something to do.

High level play

I get all the French references since well... the game is modeled after France.

but why is there someone who speaks German for no reason? I cant pinpoint the location but I believe he/she was sitting in a passageway to a route xx. And he/she was talking about sitting on a chair and comparing that to how Pokemon lived inside a poke-ball.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:

but why is there someone who speaks German for no reason? I cant pinpoint the location but I believe he/she was sitting in a passageway to a route xx. And he/she was talking about sitting on a chair and comparing that to how Pokemon lived inside a poke-ball.

Clearly they are wanting to establish a more cultural and international pokemon world.

All so they can set up for the next game.

The Long awaited huge international-war with pokemon. I'm talking Wailord Battleships, Charizard burning crop fields, Hypno propaganda networks.

It's all inevitable really when mankind has that much power.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Master of sharp things!

Sjibbey wrote:

They've been including NPCs like that for a while now. There were a couple in Diamond/Pearl, and quite a few more in Black/White. It's really not much more than a bilingual bonus for anyone that can read those languages.

Fate Testarossa

Well, we have an NPC who randomly speaks Japanese, so...

Fate is made by クロス

Gettin' Old!

Anyone know where to get a metal coat in this game?
I've got an Onyx I'm dying to evolve, I heard he should be evolved around level 30ish.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Anyone know where to get a metal coat in this game?
I've got an Onyx I'm dying to evolve, I heard he should be evolved around level 30ish.

It's dangerous to go without a Steelix. Take this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnqE0K9s5l4

Gettin' Old!

Right....It's in the poke-ball factory....which only opens right after the Fairy Gym...which I wanted Steelix for...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFiddlesticks.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Right....It's in the poke-ball factory....which only opens right after the Fairy Gym...which I wanted Steelix for...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFiddlesticks.

Use that mega-Blaziken you got for freeeeeeeeee!
Or get a Toxicroak... or something.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Pfft like I'm going to use one of those losers. Not when I got my special Sophia to burn stuff for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Pfft like I'm going to use one of those losers. Not when I got my special Sophia to burn stuff for me.

Hey! Blaziken isn't a loser! You take that back you dirty ***** you!
Page 4 of 16 [ 633 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station