Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 175[ 6974 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 175  Next

Re: Super Smash Bros BrawlTopic%20Title

Prosecution... and ROCK

Exactly!

Not to say that the game is guaranteed to be super awesome amazing, but it seemed kinda silly to me to discount everything shown so far just on a minorly irritating point.

spr fckn srs peepz

The thing is that the basic functionality of matchmaking shouldn't have to be sacrified due to this. If you meet a good player you'd want to play against, you should have the option of saving the friend code to the game/console you're playing, so you can know when they're online and challenge them to a match, alongside taking notes of what exactly they are (seeing as no personal information is handled through friend codes, this could easily be done. Like, say, you fight a good Marth player, you save the friend code to the console, then add to the notes that he plays Marth.)

What irritates me is that the friend code system is bare-bones. It's like they threw that in to protect themselves, but won't expand on it and offer options to the gamers who'd like to fight with the same online opponents if they don't already know them from outside the web.

Hell, just hosting a friend code repertory would help!
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Oh snap!

On the Zero Suit Samus issue: I'm not so sure that Samus changes into Zero Suit Samus by using her super attack. I think people are simply misinterpreting the given information. Here is what the website says, with my comments in blue:

This isn't a pure character addition.
This one is obvious; standard Samus was in both previous games.
Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
I think this is a reference to what happens in Metroid: Zero Mission. Not how she will work in Brawl.
Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
This is just a contrast to Samus WITH her power suit.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
This seems to imply that you can play as either, not that standard Samus changes into Zero Suit Samus.

As for the transformation in the movie, I'm putting that down to dramatic effect. After all, we see Metaknight and Pit enter without their super attacks, why suddenly use Samus's? Also, Mario's Link's and Kirby's attacks all looked like they could be directly from gameplay (albeit with more dramatic camera angles) while Samus's blast was CLEARLY not (All gameplay takes place in a two dimensional plane. It would not be possible for her to fire Pit and Metaknight at that angle!)

I would also like to point out that I feel that it would be detrimental to gameplay to have a permanent transformation. If a character prefers standard Samus over Zero Suit Samus, that player is at a disadvantage, as he or she has to either forgo super attacks or play with a disliked character.

In light of all this, I think it far more likely that both standard Samus and Zero Suit Samus will be regular characters, selectable at the character select screen.

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

Master of sharp things!

That might've been true, if not for some rather obvious contradictions to your thoughts. I'll point out what I mean, exactly.

Sakurai wrote:
Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

If she was being considered a seperate character, They wouldn't have used such phrases that describe an in-game transformation/alteration on such a repetitive scale. Maybe once or twice, to describe that they're both the same character at the core, but the way it's done certainly describes that they're really one-in-the-same in the game.

Quote:
And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
This seems to imply that you can play as either, not that standard Samus changes into Zero Suit Samus.

As for this line, it seems more like reassurance that the original Samus wouldn't be thrown out altogether, or that there may be a way to reverse a Samus-to-ZSS transformation.

Quote:
As for the transformation in the movie, I'm putting that down to dramatic effect. After all, we see Metaknight and Pit enter without their super attacks, why suddenly use Samus's? Also, Mario's Link's and Kirby's attacks all looked like they could be directly from gameplay (albeit with more dramatic camera angles) while Samus's blast was CLEARLY not (All gameplay takes place in a two dimensional plane. It would not be possible for her to fire Pit and Metaknight at that angle!)

This one is hard to peg down, but given the fact that this game adds several new options to gameplay, what's to say that Samus's Smash attack (and those of select others, where applicable) won't jump to another location, perform their attack, then rejoin the fight? We know that characters can exist on different planes from where the fight is taking place (such as when a character is K.O.ed in an upward direction, to which they'll either hit the background or the screen), so it isn't impossible to consider that they could use such programming for some smash attacks.

Or maybe, the trailer merely exaggurated Samus's location for dramatic effect, much like the camera angles, to give her a more threatening introduction. She is a bounty hunter, after all, so a sneak attack wouldn't be entirely out of character for someone like her.

Quote:
I would also like to point out that I feel that it would be detrimental to gameplay to have a permanent transformation. If a character prefers standard Samus over Zero Suit Samus, that player is at a disadvantage, as he or she has to either forgo super attacks or play with a disliked character.

Consider it like Zelda and Sheik from Melee. If a player doesn't like one, B+Down is a useless combination to them. Likewise, if someone doesn't like Samus or ZSS, simply avoiding the Smash Coins is a simple matter. Sure, it limits their gameplay to an extent, but it's really no different than Sheik/Zelda was, though on a slightly larger scale.

Quote:
In light of all this, I think it far more likely that both standard Samus and Zero Suit Samus will be regular characters, selectable at the character select screen.

Samus is a definate. Zero Suit Samus, not so much, especially if they go the route of Zelda/Sheik, as stated above.

spr fckn srs peepz

I'm thinking Zero Suit Samus' Brawl attack will turn her back into Standard Armored Samus.

It would make sense.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Regular avvy was too big. ;_;

I'd simply like to see the super smash attacks of the other characters.

Mario: Giant Fireball
Link: Triforce-slashy attack
Kirby: Cook power
Wario: Wario Waft
Samus: Giant Beam o' death
Metaknight: ???
Pit: ???
Snake: ???
Pikachu: ???
Fox: ???
ZSS: ??? (Turn back to regular samus?)

Oh snap!

I'm afraid I still disagree with you.
Blademaster_Orca wrote:
That might've been true, if not for some rather obvious contradictions to your thoughts. I'll point out what I mean, exactly.

Sakurai wrote:

If she was being considered a seperate character, They wouldn't have used such phrases that describe an in-game transformation/alteration on such a repetitive scale. Maybe once or twice, to describe that they're both the same character at the core, but the way it's done certainly describes that they're really one-in-the-same in the game.

First of all, all of the character pages include some background info on the character before the information on how they will work in Brawl. This seems to be what the first two statements comprise. As for the gun transformation, how does that have anything to do with anything? The gun referenced here is not the arm cannon. It's the gun that we see ZSS holding in the screenshots, and the one she wields in Zero Mission (although that one didn't turn into a whip). I'll concede the point about "loses power and stamina" and "gains speed," but I still don't think it's impossible that this is just a contrast to standard Samus.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Quote:

This one is hard to peg down, but given the fact that this game adds several new options to gameplay, what's to say that Samus's Smash attack (and those of select others, where applicable) won't jump to another location, perform their attack, then rejoin the fight? We know that characters can exist on different planes from where the fight is taking place (such as when a character is K.O.ed in an upward direction, to which they'll either hit the background or the screen), so it isn't impossible to consider that they could use such programming for some smash attacks.

Or maybe, the trailer merely exaggurated Samus's location for dramatic effect, much like the camera angles, to give her a more threatening introduction. She is a bounty hunter, after all, so a sneak attack wouldn't be entirely out of character for someone like her.

Another thing that I would like to point out: None of the other character entries are realistic. Will Metaknight have extra controll over the Halberd? Almost certainly not. Will Pit be able to hover and shoot at the same time? Possible, but unlikely. Will Wario get to ride his motorcycle into battle? Probably not. Therefore, I must conclude that ZSS's entry was more for drama than as a preview for a game mechanic.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Quote:

Consider it like Zelda and Sheik from Melee. If a player doesn't like one, B+Down is a useless combination to them. Likewise, if someone doesn't like Samus or ZSS, simply avoiding the Smash Coins is a simple matter. Sure, it limits their gameplay to an extent, but it's really no different than Sheik/Zelda was, though on a slightly larger scale.

Here, you fail to take into account one thing that Zelda/Sheik has that the proposed Samus would not: versitility. Zelda/Sheik gives up power (no down-B attack) in exchange for versitility (ability to switch characters on the fly). The switching ability would cause Samus to lose consistency, but what would she gain?

I would also like to point out that the transformation just seems arbitrary. Why just have Samus transform? If it was a mechanic shared by several characters, it would make more sense, but we have no evidence of that. Besides, if they did have just one character transform upon using their smash attack, why choose Samus? We only play as ZSS once, in Zero Mission. Why not choose Link, who has multiple transformations across several games? We could see Wolf Link, Young Link, or any of the Majora's Mask transformations (Fierce Deity Link would be AWESOME). There's even Bunny Link from Link to the Past.

It's unlikely that we'll see eye to eye on this matter (although I do love a friendly debate). I guess we'll just have to wait for the game. (For the record, I think the transformation could be pretty cool, but only if it's done well.)

In the year 4016, justice is no longer fought for in the courtroom—but with giant freakin’ robots!

Prosecution... and ROCK

The thing about Link is, while transformations are probably more accurate to the character, it'd be impossible to pull off ALL of them. I point out my earlier idea of a power-up item that has specific effects for certain characters, for instance, Mario grows, but Pikachu would evolve, etc. To have Link, obviously based on Twilight Princess's moveset, transform into a wolf somehow, it would be really awesome and make a lot of sense.

Now, as for Samus, here's my thing: Super Smash Attacks seem to have different kinds of effects. For instance, Mario's takes up a specific area of the stage in front of him. Link's and Kirby's only affect one character, however. What's to say that Samus's doesn't affect a certain area in the middle of the stage by jumping into the background? It could be extremely powerful, with the strange side effect of destroying the armor temporarily. Maybe you even have to pick the pieces back up before you can transform back! Who knows?

The Wario Waft, actually, I think that's a regular B move. But I could be wrong.

Oh snap!

Interesting. I think it's unlikely that Samus will jump into the background for her attack, because that means that every stage would have to always have a place in the background for her to jump to. This has been discounted already, as the video shows portions of the Halberd level in which there is nowhere for her to stand.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

It would make more sense to have multiple characters transform?

I'd have to argue otherwise. If that were the case, then every character in SSBM would have clones a la Roy Marth, would team up Ice Climbers Style, and Transform Zelda Sheik style.

I think it's perfectly fine to have a mechanic that's unique to a particular character.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Master of sharp things!

The Greg wrote:
Interesting. I think it's unlikely that Samus will jump into the background for her attack, because that means that every stage would have to always have a place in the background for her to jump to. This has been discounted already, as the video shows portions of the Halberd level in which there is nowhere for her to stand.

There's always a way around such limitations. For example, Samus could summon that orange ship of hers, and use it as a stand when there isn't anything to stand on in the background.

Raging Demon

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
The Greg wrote:

There's always a way around such limitations. For example, Samus could summon that orange ship of hers, and use it as a stand when there isn't anything to stand on in the background.

Like in the original Smash Bros? I hope they bring back entrances.
Gadoke-*blip*

(9o_o)9 The Revolution is Back!

Prosecution... and ROCK

The individual entrances were AWESOME. It'd be sweet to bring them back.

I think that more characters will transform in one way or another. It's just that it was such a popular mechanic in Brawl, and allows for more complexity with the transforming character. Honestly, though, it feels kinda like getting cheated out of something.

It's gonna be hard for Nintendo to really include all the popular characters, and I really wouldn't be surprised if someone like Link was relegated to his current moveset, instead of being given a much bigger range, as would be appropriate.

That being said, a good character for transformation would be Megaman (here's hoping the Blue Bomber is included). Down and B would make him change the weapon he's using (maybe even to a random weapon), thus influencing a different B move, or even all of his B moves. If Kirby eats him, he only gets the one Megaman is currently using, and a helmet color to match.

Sonic and Megaman. Those are the two third party guys I'd LOVE to see in Brawl. I'm not gonna stop saying it, no matter how annoying it gets. Yuusaku

Master of sharp things!

I'm actually hoping for custom enterances if you have the right two characters facing off. For example, if you have Kirby fighting Metaknight, having them do a little pre-fighting-or just taunt one another would be nice. Same for Mario and Bowser, and Link and Ganondorf.

Wow. I've just thought of an idea of how Phoenix Wright could appear in SSBB.
It's very difficult to make him into a playable character, but what about a powerup?
Now I've never played any of the Super Smash Bros games, and I've only seen the two trailers of SSBB, but perhaps Phoenix could be a collectible item on the battlefield, a coin with his face on or something. When the coin is taken, then whenever someone uses one of those really powerful attacks (like Mario had his fireball wall, Zelda had the Triforce slash and Kirby cooked the opponents), the player could then use the coin to shout out "Objection!" and stop the really powerful move.

That probably made no sense, so I'll try and make some pictures to explain what I'm talking about.

This would be the item. The item randomly appears somewhere in the arena.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/ ... hibitA.png

And in this picture, Link has used that Triforce move that traps Mario. Lets say Mario previously collected an Attorney's Badge. Mario would use that item during the special move, and this would happen.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/ ... hibitB.png

The special attack immediately ends, and any damage made during the special attack is ignored, and the game continues as normal.

What do you think?
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

It would rock!
But have a random selection between Phoenix Edgey Karma(from GS1) and Payne.
Except Paynes objection fails miserably making the item useless. Payne
lol

Prosecution... and ROCK

Hahaha, that's an awesome idea!

Raging Demon

That's cool like in street fighter Ken/Ryu?

Luigi is bringing back the warp pipe!
Gadoke-*blip*

(9o_o)9 The Revolution is Back!

US!

Even though i have no idea what they'd do
the two i'd most like to see on SSBB are
Shelly de Killer
and
Zant
they've both prob been mentioned before though.
Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*

The world calls it love

We're already seeing some more focus on versatility within characters. Pit can separate the halves of his bow, which gives him two completely different fighting styles. I'm also a member of the camp that believes that Samus will "transform" into ZSS, and if they also keep Zelda/Shiek, that's already three characters with multiple distinct combat styles. I'm actually a little worried that they'll implement this idea a little too much--simplicity of play has been one of Smash's strengths, so having to learn two movesets for a bunch of characters would get complex in a hurry.

Regarding Samus: Everything that was shown in the first trailer reflected actual gameplay elements (Pit separating his bow, MetaKnight's inviso-cloak, the Wario Waft, etc), so why would Samus' transformation be the one thing to break this trend? They sure as hell didn't throw in that massive cannon blast just for cinematic effect. It's up in the air whether that shot was her "Brawl Attack" (for lack of a better term), but it showed quite clearly that ZSS emerges from the regular power suit. This in addition to Sakurai's comments on the smash bros page (He already admitted that ZSS was not a "new character addition") all points to Samus having two forms in the same selectable character. How you switch between the two still isn't known, and we'll have to wait for new information before the answer to that question comes around.

NO YOU DONT IDORT

Anders wrote:
Pit can separate the halves of his bow, which gives him two completely different fighting styles.

Actually, it seems to me that Pit seperates the halves of his bow and uses the twin blades most of the time, only combining them for special moves, like of course, firing the bow. So really, that's only 2 who have distinct fighting styles. Plus we still don't even know if Zelda/Shiek will return. They probably will, but still.
I wish I didn't suck at Photoshop D:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Liam-e wrote:
Anders wrote:
Pit can separate the halves of his bow, which gives him two completely different fighting styles.

Actually, it seems to me that Pit seperates the halves of his bow and uses the twin blades most of the time, only combining them for special moves, like of course, firing the bow. So really, that's only 2 who have distinct fighting styles. Plus we still don't even know if Zelda/Shiek will return. They probably will, but still.

Agreed, if you watch Pit in battle the bow goes into 'Bow' mode while he's running, but when he starts slashing it goes into blade mode, not transition or nothing.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Prosecution... and ROCK

I think Pit uses his weapon as knives when in close combat (A-combos) and as a bow and arrow in farther combat (B-moves). Link's the same way.

I agree: simplicity is the name of the game. Of course, people will discover ways of making it complex, but until then, it's a Hell of a lot easier than playing most other fighting games. Actually, that's why I think Ryu would make an awful addition. It goes against both games' principles.

But that's just what I think.

US!

Guys!
Massive spoiler,
I know who ALL the characters will be in Brawl
Don't open if you don't want to know.
Spoiler:
Snake
Balloon Fighter
Bowser
Geno
Peach
Zelda(In TP costume)
Link(Wind Waker style)
Ganondorf
Mach Rider
Megaman
Hector
Ephraim
Pit
Wario
Luigi
Yoshi
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Ray 01
Little Mac
Isaac
Ike
King Dedede
Metaknight
Kirby
Mario
Link(TP)
Samus
ZSS
Ridley
Olimar
Alex
Lyn
Marth
Game and Watch
Paula
Ness
DK
Fox
Cpt Falcon
Black Shadow
Ice Climbers
Tom Nook
Andy (advance wars)
Banjo-Kazooie
Bomberman
Kapt K Rool
Dixie
Diddy
Falco
Krystal
Wolf
Tails
Sonic

I don't know who half of them are...
Matt DeMasque!

spr fckn srs peepz

ultrasaint4121 wrote:
Guys!
Massive spoiler,
I know who ALL the characters will be in Brawl
Don't open if you don't want to know.
Spoiler:
Snake
Balloon Fighter
Bowser
Geno
Peach
Zelda(In TP costume)
Link(Wind Waker style)
Ganondorf
Mach Rider
Megaman
Hector
Ephraim
Pit
Wario
Luigi
Yoshi
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Ray 01
Little Mac
Isaac
Ike
King Dedede
Metaknight
Kirby
Mario
Link(TP)
Samus
ZSS
Ridley
Olimar
Alex
Lyn
Marth
Game and Watch
Paula
Ness
DK
Fox
Cpt Falcon
Black Shadow
Ice Climbers
Tom Nook
Andy (advance wars)
Banjo-Kazooie
Bomberman
Kapt K Rool
Dixie
Diddy
Falco
Krystal
Wolf
Tails
Sonic

I don't know who half of them are...

I smell bullshit.

Look at the location

You Phail! Please try again!

lol rumors
Megaman and Sonic? XD

US!

trust me
it sounds like rubbish
though the character selection screen i saw looks official
they are all the characters i saw
*i don't see how tom nook will be able to fight...
Matt DeMasque!

US!

observe this, please tell me its fake, because i don't know half the people in it.

Spoiler: Where I got my information from URL...
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/TheNGamers/SuperSmashBrosCharacterSelectVer9.jpg

Matt DeMasque!

I hope I don't sound like a grouch or a troll, and I'm just questioning what you've shown, but are you sure that's an official screenshot? There have been a lot of edited pictures made by fans etc with false rumors. Not to mention Imageshack is a picture host for anyone, including fans who may have edited screenshots to fool other people.

Have you taken a close look? Like at the text etc? Are you sure none of it looks like it's been edited?

EDIT: To me, the text doesn't look right. Take a look at Link Wind Waker. Would the official game really put the Link part on top of the picture because it doesn't fit? Plus the quality of the pictures and text looks different to the bottom half of the screenshot, the part which shows what characters have been selected.

EDIT 2: On closer inspection, I can see the spaces for selected characters (don't know the actual name) on the bottom half of the page, and it's just one of them pasted four times right next to each other. Look at the bottom right corner of each one. There's a light blue right angled triangle, and the pattern doesn't connect with the others.

EDIT 3: This is pretty much an expansion of Edit 2. The fourth box is slightly lower than the other three. Now why would that be? Perhaps because it was edited? I've tried editing with paint lots of times, and the occasional little slip has made me place pieces a pixel or two off.

That seems a little too very slipshod to be an official screenshot to me.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Last edited by Cobblepotter on Sat May 12, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

If it was real,the whole SSBB board at GameFAQs would explode with "OMG SONICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"

stirring

That's one of the most easily fake screenshots of SSBB that I've seen.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Timid Defendant

I still think there should be the ability to play as your Mii :3 It'd be awesome, they'd all have the same moveset (most likely moves involving using the Wiimote as a weapon eg Sword mode, Gun mode and Boxing mode) but their appearance would depend on what Mii you want to use. Instead of cycling through costumes it'd cycle through the Miis in the system memory (or the remote memory if it's more convenient that way). I just think that'd be awesome. Or if that won't work, at least replace the wireframe fighters with Miis XD I'd love to see Wario using his waft move on an unsuspecting Mii X3
Redd White (age 17) Hey Grossberg, I bet you couldn't stuff 11 lemons up your nose!
Grossburg (age 19) You're on!

And that's why :D

stirring

Wireframe fighters = Miis is actually something I can see.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Timid Defendant

Holy Hell wrote:
Wireframe fighters = Miis is actually something I can see.

Yeah, It'd definitely make 100 man/15 minute melee a little more interesting at least :3
Redd White (age 17) Hey Grossberg, I bet you couldn't stuff 11 lemons up your nose!
Grossburg (age 19) You're on!

And that's why :D

US!

btw
i did not fake any screenshot
also
i see what you mean...
i don't know who half those people were,
and Tom Nook fighting is something I can not see happening
honestly
anyway
Miis fighting wud b kl
Matt DeMasque!

元・超会社員級の管理人

The image is hosted on imageshack.

Take that
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

spr fckn srs peepz

Hell, just the fact that the text wass tampered with, in addition to the rest of the image not fitting the "Brawltitude" that was seen in the videos...

Not even mentioning the extremely bad copy/paste job on most of the "unknown" characters. Dixie Kong's mugshot is the same mugshot they used for DKC3.

it's made of something, and that something is bullshit.

US!

ok..ok.. fair enough
it does look terrible, and i didn't look carefully enough
also, Marth looks like the same Marth from SSBM
(for brawl, i would expect more detail)
But!
I didn't make it, or even give it a second glance
i hope marth does return though...
Matt DeMasque!

e × e = e²

I heard rumors that the Fire Emblem characters might not make it, especially considering their limited presence in the Western Hemisphere.

Ultra, you can stop apologizing. Plenty of people fall for these kinds of things all the time, but now you're wiser for the wear, right?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Page 5 of 175 [ 6974 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 175  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station