Page 6 of 18[ 700 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Re: The Final Fantasy franchiseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

UNLucky bastard... :sadshoe:

C-A

Fixed, we all know how much Lightning cares for her sister.

In any case it reminded me that Dissidia was AWESOME. It's one game I'd actually quite like to see an HD remaster for a console. Perhaps with online play.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Duodecim was waaay better than the first one; more interesting characters, expanded overworld, and more awesome remixes! But I think my favorite part of the whole Dissidia experience was the parodies. Some of my favs were from Nico. I'd share a sample, but the language barrier might be a bit of trouble.

On another note, I've been thinking about returning to my VII game with a new challenge. Since Low Level games have been overdone, I'm opting for something completely different but not too difficult: NIGNPNSBNSA, or

NIG = No Item Grinding, including no stealing or morphing
NP = No Purchases
NSB = No Stat Boosts, including Sources, something-plus Materia, or some Equipment
NSA = No (Negative) Status Affliction

I'll also throw in No Peerless, Shield, Ultima, KoTR, Hero Drinks, L4 Limit Breaks or Ultimate Weapons. Gil will only be useful for Coin, but I don't think I'll being using it much anyway. I don't have a limit on level for the sake of leveling Materia, but I'm sure I won't pass 50. And I'll challenge Ulty, Ruby and Emmy for kicks.

Any suggestions, guys? What else should I add/change to make this run more interesting?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Duodecim was waaay better than the first one; more interesting characters, expanded overworld, and more awesome remixes! But I think my favorite part of the whole Dissidia experience was the parodies. Some of my favs were from Nico. I'd share a sample, but the language barrier might be a bit of trouble.

On another note, I've been thinking about returning to my VII game with a new challenge. Since Low Level games have been overdone, I'm opting for something completely different but not too difficult: NIGNPNSBNSA, or

NIG = No Item Grinding, including no stealing or morphing
NP = No Purchases
NSB = No Stat Boosts, including Sources, something-plus Materia, or some Equipment
NSA = No (Negative) Status Affliction

I'll also throw in No Peerless, Shield, Ultima, KoTR, Hero Drinks, L4 Limit Breaks or Ultimate Weapons. Gil will only be useful for Coin, but I don't think I'll being using it much anyway. I don't have a limit on level for the sake of leveling Materia, but I'm sure I won't pass 50. And I'll challenge Ulty, Ruby and Emmy for kicks.

Any suggestions, guys? What else should I add/change to make this run more interesting?

"No Cloud" runthrough. You'll appeal the fans who hate Cloud and consider him overrated. At the start of every fight or as soon as possible you KO Cloud and go on without him.

Also yeah Duodecim was pretty good, fixed the horrible problem of the first game of NOT INCLUDING GILGAMESH. Also with a limited system they managed to create a lot of nice unique styles. I especially liked Tifa's 'flash steps' that could really mix up her game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I also like the mechanics they changed. Like, I can actually Level Up people outside of the stories. Great because, well, I have my favs and I play them a lot. The ones I don't play/like? Remain in the dust. I know I played Dissidia's final part with Tina cause she was the only character at a remotely decent level to take him on. Not that I ever actually fought Chaos in Dissidia. Only 012.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

CatMuto wrote:

I also like the mechanics they changed. Like, I can actually Level Up people outside of the stories. Great because, well, I have my favs and I play them a lot. The ones I don't play/like? Remain in the dust. I know I played Dissidia's final part with Tina cause she was the only character at a remotely decent level to take him on. Not that I ever actually fought Chaos in Dissidia. Only 012.

C-A

Tina? Don't you me Tifa?
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Anthony wrote:
Tina? Don't you me Tifa?

No I mean Tina. The English localization changed her to Terra. My first contact with Dissidia was the Japanese version, so Tina has burned itself into my head. Also, the only person I could've meant was Tina since Tifa never existed in the first Dissidia game.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Wait...remind me how you could level up people outside of stories? Do you mean regular versus fights?

Really it was just a matter of picking the right day, I cleared the final story on a 'Special Day' and maxxed a bunch of the new cast from it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

If you mean the first Dissidia, from what I recall, you could only level them in story mode.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
If you mean the first Dissidia, from what I recall, you could only level them in story mode.

C-A

Nah you could level them in regular versus mode as well I'm sure. Maybe even in the little mini-game colleseum they had too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I really do hope Square will consider another game with battle mechanics like that in the Dissidia games. Those were some of the things they did right. By now, the classic turn-based RPG battle style is getting pretty stale, especially that there are so many JRPGs out there that use it. I'm not asking for a third Dissidia game, though. The plots couldn't be stupider.

Well, I might as well drop an update of my progress, even if no one pays attention. "No Cloud" has been added, and I've hit up to Wall Market for now. I don't know what other restrictions I'll place later, but NIG and NP put a pretty bad damper on item availability in battle, yeesh. I don't know how to manipulate RNG for wild battles and keep running into them. Well, it doesn't hurt to win a few battles here and there, just to make sure I have a little margin for error. I am tempted to put a limit on the level of spells I use in battle, though. L1 only through Disc 1, at least?

Also, I'm playing the Japanese version. Fyi, about the bits of dialogue that don't seem to make sense in English? For the most part, that's just how it is in Japanese. Not the localization team's fault. (But the typos most definitely are.)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Gettin' Old!

I really do hope Square will consider another game with battle mechanics like that in the Dissidia games. Those were some of the things they did right. By now, the classic turn-based RPG battle style is getting pretty stale, especially that there are so many JRPGs out there that use it. I'm not asking for a third Dissidia game, though. The plots couldn't be stupider.

Well, I might as well drop an update of my progress, even if no one pays attention. "No Cloud" has been added, and I've hit up to Wall Market for now. I don't know what other restrictions I'll place later, but NIG and NP put a pretty bad damper on item availability in battle, yeesh. I don't know how to manipulate RNG for wild battles and keep running into them. Well, it doesn't hurt to win a few battles here and there, just to make sure I have a little margin for error. I am tempted to put a limit on the level of spells I use in battle, though. L1 only through Disc 1, at least?

Also, I'm playing the Japanese version. Fyi, about the bits of dialogue that don't seem to make sense in English? For the most part, that's just how it is in Japanese. Not the localization team's fault. (But the typos most definitely are.)

Whoop Whoop my "No Cloud" idea worked.

Though I think you are wrong about 'turn based'. The last mainstream turn-based Final Fantasy game was X, the last Square one was Bravely Default (which was actually praised for it's callback to the original formula for gameplay). I think the games are due to go back to the turn-based style and slow down a bit, though considering 15 is essentially a beta for Kingdom Hearts 3 I don't expect I'll see that 'slow down' for a while.

However for what it's worth as a fighting game spin off I think Dissidia's mechanics definitely work for it's own niche. Though I hope if they make another they put Seifer in as a villain, Chaos' side needs more physical attackers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

I wish Square would remake 7 or 8 to graphics we got now while keeping the battle system they all had.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

Pierre wrote:
Though I think you are wrong about 'turn based'. The last mainstream turn-based Final Fantasy game was X, the last Square one was Bravely Default (which was actually praised for it's callback to the original formula for gameplay). I think the games are due to go back to the turn-based style and slow down a bit, though considering 15 is essentially a beta for Kingdom Hearts 3 I don't expect I'll see that 'slow down' for a while.

However for what it's worth as a fighting game spin off I think Dissidia's mechanics definitely work for it's own niche. Though I hope if they make another they put Seifer in as a villain, Chaos' side needs more physical attackers.

I actually prefer turn-based RPGs; it's the niche I've sat in for the longest time (and is probably the reason why I'd gotten tired of them and only recently returned to an FF game). I'm just not sure to where else to expand since I've been playing FF games so much.

True, it works for a fighting game more so than for an RPG, but I wouldn't mind seeing combo attack / Break mechanics re-implemented in an upcoming game. Maybe it's also my nostalgia for Chrono Trigger calling again... or maybe I'm running in circles and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anthony wrote:
I wish Square would remake 7 or 8 to graphics we got now while keeping the battle system they all had.

It's too bad they won't ever get to them again, at least not any time soon. They're trying to draw their old fans away from the nostalgia to try other games, but to be honest, a large part of the FF fanbase are pretty much nailed to that decade of games. They'd also have to build everything from scratch since whatever engine the PS1 ran on isn't compatible with the latest consoles. It might not take as long as back then, even with the extra material they can add, but apparently Square thinks it's too risky a wager when they haven't even put out anything as a wager.

I still say the translation sucks because I had German lines next to English lines, one or two instances of non-translated Japanese lines and a shitty translation overall. Seriously, who the fuck took care of that?

Quote:

You mean with that uberly slow turn-based where I didn't want to fight at all because it took so freaking long, even if it was an easy random battle? Urgh, no thanks! Plus, I can tell you, if Square remakes VII, doesn't matter how good it is, there will be a shit-storm of people yelling "It's not like in '97! It sucks!" because those are the idiots who are too stuck on nostalgia.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
You mean with that uberly slow turn-based where I didn't want to fight at all because it took so freaking long, even if it was an easy random battle? Urgh, no thanks! Plus, I can tell you, if Square remakes VII, doesn't matter how good it is, there will be a shit-storm of people yelling "It's not like in '97! It sucks!" because those are the idiots who are too stuck on nostalgia.

...I wouldn't say it's especially turn based, those games used ATB so it's not that different from XIII. I'd say XIII matched it's battles for average time, the combat was simplified but they amped up health to stupid amounts to balance it out so I'd say battles were about equal for time to finish it. :ron:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

Some person in a Final Fantasy said "Who would win in a fight? Squall or Sephiroth" And a lot of says Sephiroth but I say Squall because Squall's Limit Break is OP and Lionheart is even more OP.

Anthony wrote:
Some person in a Final Fantasy said "Who would win in a fight? Squall or Sephiroth" And a lot of says Sephiroth but I say Squall because Squall's Limit Break is OP and Lionheart is even more OP.

I say Squall cause of his fucking cool jacket.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

I still say the translation sucks because I had German lines next to English lines, one or two instances of non-translated Japanese lines and a shitty translation overall. Seriously, who the fuck took care of that?

I've heard a few stories of the German version's apparent lack of QC, but is there actually some Japanese text left in there, as in the kanji and kana? I only heard about some English lines being left in.

Anthony wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y075S_VsutM
Aerith is so damn broken.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Did you guys even noticed that Lightning has a belly ring?

Anthony wrote:

I noticed. But I recently read that her belly ring disappeared completely in LR (or was it XIII-2?) and that disappointed me.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Anthony wrote:

I didn't want to notice. I don't go around staring at fictional character's bellies. But since you pointed that out, I have to ask, why is it even there? Is Lightning secretly a rebel? Is it just an in-joke that only the developers understand? Am I thinking about this too much?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Anthony wrote:

I didn't want to notice. I don't go around staring at fictional character's bellies. But since you pointed that out, I have to ask, why is it even there? Is Lightning secretly a rebel? Is it just an in-joke that only the developers understand? Am I thinking about this too much?

Yes.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

I never noticed it til now.

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know I cannot help but shake the feeling Vanille and Fang are secretly lesbians. :hotti:

Anthony wrote:
You know I cannot help but shake the feeling Vanille and Fang are secretly lesbians. :hotti:

Secretly!? Whatever makes you think it's secretly!? :lana:

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Well Vanille grabbed Fang's boob and Fang lifted Vanille's skirt. And SquareEnix didn't want to be like "HEY GUYS WE FINALLY MADE TWO CHARACTERS IN THE GAME LESBIANS!" So they left that detail out for us to figure it out, maybe? I don't know if I am even making sense o.o :ron:

Anthony wrote:
Well Vanille grabbed Fang's boob and Fang lifted Vanille's skirt. And SquareEnix didn't want to be like "HEY GUYS WE FINALLY MADE TWO CHARACTERS IN THE GAME LESBIANS!" So they left that detail out for us to figure it out, maybe? I don't know if I am even making sense o.o :ron:

...seriously. :grey: It doesn't take a genius to figure out that those two are either romantically involved or have one of those intense female friendships with lots and lots of skinship going on.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

:gumshoe: Well it's not like anybody in the group got feelings for the two. (Well Maybe Hope but really hard to tell)

It's not really that secret.

Anthony wrote:
:gumshoe: Well it's not like anybody in the group got feelings for the two. (Well Maybe Hope but really hard to tell)

Hope might have, like, a semi-crush on Vanilla but considering the only scene I recall being a hint to that, he flat out says he's lying so... I don't count it.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Found these two pictures on facebook group Final Fantasy.

Spoiler:

:larry2: :butzthumbs:

Edit: Found these on Google.

Spoiler:

Gettin' Old!

Nice pictures, and of course Jecht is the P.E. teacher being the most boss-like of all of them /shamelessbias.

Though Firion and Warrior of Light are pretty much indistinguishable from generic anime schoolchild in that last picture, wish they could have given a bit more of their character in these forms.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Half of those people I can't recognize...

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

F-For real?

It's the cast of Dissidia just modified for school styles.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

F-For real?

*rolls eyes* I know. But that brownhaired in the door, next to Zidane. Who? (Okay I was exaggerating, but I didn't find all of them to be recognizeable in an instant)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

F-For real?

*rolls eyes* I know. But that brownhaired in the door, next to Zidane. Who? (Okay I was exaggerating, but I didn't find all of them to be recognizeable in an instant)

C-A

Ah exaggerating...I can never tell with you, but yeah some ain't too clear.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

The guy in the door by Zidane might had been Garbnarth? but the brown hair boy is Bartz.

If you want Dissidia School, search Pixiv: ディシディア学園. It's the motherload of Japanese image hosting sites.

I'm a big fan of Akira's works, though most of his submitted stuff is on Nico. Some of you may recognize his art style: Take this one.

Also, found the artist of several of the pictures Anthony posted above: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=3951085

Anthony wrote:
The guy in the door by Zidane might had been Garbnarth? but the brown hair boy is Bartz.

Gabby has HAIR!? :beef:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Gabby has HAIR!? :beef:

C-A

Did you not play 12? Gabranth's hair is identical to Basch's, one of the earliest plot points is how he disguises himself as Basch.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 6 of 18 [ 700 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station