Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 8 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 45  Next

Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Art Person

Pierre wrote:
Eh the boarding school and juvie approach seems a bit more literal than I'd give it credit. It was probably angled more like metaphorical freedom from the pressures of society knowing the series. Though I'm really glad they ain't skipping a generation and are bringing it out on PS3 (curse you Kingdom Hearts).

It would be a change of pace, and with a juvenile detention centre, there's a confined area, sure, but it's open to some creativity. Of course, the fact that it's still set with school students is a given, but those 'pressures of society' would be a different way to see it, seeing as P4 seemed to have the idea of being glued to your phone and electronics (The anime opening). So I'm sure they'd be going for that kind of approach, only focusing on these societal pressures. Maybe something like giving into peer pressure, and the guilt gives birth to a shadow?

That little teaser is still too little for me to go on, If we could get a name, or a single character's art of silhouette, then that'd spark some more theories.

I'm so glad it's on PS3 as well, that saves me having to buy a new console so soon. :will:

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Eh the boarding school and juvie approach seems a bit more literal than I'd give it credit. It was probably angled more like metaphorical freedom from the pressures of society knowing the series. Though I'm really glad they ain't skipping a generation and are bringing it out on PS3 (curse you Kingdom Hearts).

It would be a change of pace, and with a juvenile detention centre, there's a confined area, sure, but it's open to some creativity. Of course, the fact that it's still set with school students is a given, but those 'pressures of society' would be a different way to see it, seeing as P4 seemed to have the idea of being glued to your phone and electronics (The anime opening). So I'm sure they'd be going for that kind of approach, only focusing on these societal pressures. Maybe something like giving into peer pressure, and the guilt gives birth to a shadow?

That little teaser is still too little for me to go on, If we could get a name, or a single character's art of silhouette, then that'd spark some more theories.

I'm so glad it's on PS3 as well, that saves me having to buy a new console so soon. :will:

Part of me reckons that Red-Haired Menace from P4A:U might turn out to be the one, we've not had a red-haired male protagonist yet and his design certainly stands out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:
we've not had a red-haired male protagonist yet

*cough* Tatsuya *cough*

Granted, that doesn't look full-on red, but it's damn red enough in the game.
Here's a link of various in-game expressions that show his hair being more on the red side.
But it has a spoiler images, I'm guessing.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
we've not had a red-haired male protagonist yet

*cough* Tatsuya *cough*

Granted, that doesn't look full-on red, but it's damn red enough in the game.
Here's a link of various in-game expressions that show his hair being more on the red side.
But it has a spoiler images, I'm guessing.

C-A

Yeah spoiled a bit but hey I wasn't planning on playing it.

Though...in both it still looks pretty definitely brown. It's like :lana: against :dahlia:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollon Flame

I concur, it barely looks red.
A King

in name

alone...

Really, to me, it looks red enough. And I did mention that the other pictures had spoilers in it.
Personally, I haven't encountered that spoiler yet and I am playing the game.
(I might start anew and make a Blind LP out of this... HO BOY WON'T THAT BE FUN! XD)

C-A

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
Really, to me, it looks red enough. And I did mention that the other pictures had spoilers in it.
Personally, I haven't encountered that spoiler yet and I am playing the game.
(I might start anew and make a Blind LP out of this... HO BOY WON'T THAT BE FUN! XD)

C-A

I went on PSN to see how much P2 is, and it's $43, (P1 is only $15) Ever since I heard that Hitler is in there (I don't know how) I've been curious as to how he even fits in? That just sounds so random and unusual. I should hopefully get a PSN voucher soon, so I'll get a chance to play. (I might start P3P again from the beginning as well, I screwed up my first play.)

Apollon Flame

P2 is how MUCH now? ._.
A King

in name

alone...

I'm Kamen Mask!

Damn. That better be the price for both halves, otherwise I'm waiting for another one of those glorious Atlus sales.

P4A has informed me that I need to become familiar with the main bad of P2.

Apollon Flame

Bayfield wrote:

Uh... *why* exactly?
A King

in name

alone...

I'm Kamen Mask!

Scent wrote:
Bayfield wrote:

Uh... *why* exactly?

Spoiler: P4Arena Spoilers
I've not played the first two games so I'm going on the fanbase, but people are very adamant that the malevolent entity that was trying to turn Persona in to Shadow was Nyarlathotep due to its mannerisms and motivations. No clue who the hacker was, though (the only contender I can think of is Jin and he's dead).

Plus Mitsuru's shadow organization seemed to have some P1/2 cast members in it. The parts of the fandom I've spoken to all seem convinced that the "sequel" storyline will take all 4 existing games and build them into a story with Nyarlathotep as the villain.

Regardless of how true this is or not, the idea makes me need context so I can decide how true it is.

At the very least, Elizabeth has The Fool Arcana now. This bodes well.

Quote:
I went on PSN to see how much P2 is, and it's $43, (P1 is only $15) Ever since I heard that Hitler is in there (I don't know how) I've been curious as to how he even fits in?

I think in the localized release - or the PSP updated release - he was... altered? So that he isn't really called Hitler anymore... or something like that. I haven't gotten very far with P2, so I have not met Mr Hitler yet, if he is in there.

Although part of the plot important things is that, in P2, rumors become reality. So... maybe somebody made up a rumor of seeing Hitler and that's how he came into the game? At least, that's the only explanation I can come up with, without having finished the game yet.

C-A

Apollon Flame

In the PSP version's localization, he's named Fuhrer and I think wears some shades, lol.
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

Scent wrote:
In the PSP version's localization, he's named Fuhrer and I think wears some shades, lol.

Haha, because that really makes him look any different.

Bayfield wrote:
Damn. That better be the price for both halves, otherwise I'm waiting for another one of those glorious Atlus sales..

They've had sales? I don't know if they'd still have any for the PSP though, but I'd really hope so! (And it's $43 for Innocent Sin only)

Bayfield wrote:
Spoiler: P4Arena Spoilers
I've not played the first two games so I'm going on the fanbase, but people are very adamant that the malevolent entity that was trying to turn Persona in to Shadow was Nyarlathotep due to its mannerisms and motivations. No clue who the hacker was, though (the only contender I can think of is Jin and he's dead).

Plus Mitsuru's shadow organization seemed to have some P1/2 cast members in it. The parts of the fandom I've spoken to all seem convinced that the "sequel" storyline will take all 4 existing games and build them into a story with Nyarlathotep as the villain.

Regardless of how true this is or not, the idea makes me need context so I can decide how true it is.

At the very least, Elizabeth has The Fool Arcana now. This bodes well.

They changed Elizabeth's Arcana? Maybe you are onto something!
Spoiler: P4U2 theory
Also, the "Plume of Dusk" that is controlling Sho was called "Nyx Wing" from what I read, so it could also be P3's boss. Although, beinging P2 character's into P4U2 would be a great surprise, and I'd love it to be the case, and surprise everyone.

Apollon Flame

If the Persona Team is going to tie every Persona game together, then they better do it so that "saga" can be given a closure and P5 actually starts presenting something new, fresh and unique.

On a related note, I'm gonna play me some P3 Fes on my PS3. :]
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

Scent wrote:

HOW? I thought PS3's removed that functionality. Or has it been released digitally?

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
Scent wrote:

HOW? I thought PS3's removed that functionality. Or has it been released digitally?

The ol' 60gig brick models were backwards compatible but more vulnerable to Yellow Lighting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Apollon Flame

SuperAj3 wrote:
Scent wrote:

Uh... Sony has a PSOne and PS2 Classics section, P3 Fes is one of those games... '_'
A King

in name

alone...

Art Person

Scent wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Scent wrote:

Uh... Sony has a PSOne and PS2 Classics section, P3 Fes is one of those games... '_'

I never saw P3FES (or P3) on PSN (I remember checking at the beginning of the year), and I know PS2 discs don't work on a PS3, so that's why I was surprised you singled out 'PS3' in your post. I already have P3P, so I'll be fine not getting the PS3 version.

The dwarf geeky panda!

Scent wrote:
If the Persona Team is going to tie every Persona game together, then they better do it so that "saga" can be given a closure and P5 actually starts presenting something new, fresh and unique.

I like the idea. If they did somthing like a Radiant Mythology or just continuing to bring ancient characters in Arena (or Shadow Q if there is any sequel) the fans will still be pleased. Though I have heard on the net that Arena is a prequel to 5, so I have my doubts.
Please don't hit me...

Art Person

Thanks Internet, you've ruined Persona 2, and I just bought it!
Spoiler: Plot related and I think this is an important one too.
So, I got the game, and I'm playing, and saying how much I love Maya and her happy-go-lucky personality, and I YouTube search "Maya's theme" only to find a song called "Maya's Death"... My heart sank... NOOOOOO! THE GAME IS RUINED!

SuperAj3 wrote:
So, I got the game, and I'm playing, and saying how much I love Maya and her happy-go-lucky personality, and I YouTube search "Maya's theme" only to find a song called "Maya's Death"... My heart sank... NOOOOOO! THE GAME IS RUINED!

Really now, I didn't know that. I knew that the protagonist did something that somehow rendered things WORSE but here's how I read a spoiler...

Spoiler: Persona 2
I read that the Protagonist ends up forgotten by EVERYONE and that he basically ruined the world or so because he refuses to forget about Maya. Which, I never thought meant that she died.

C-A

PS: If you're further than me, tell me if this game is good Let's Play material? I'm still stuck in the school.

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Really now, I didn't know that. I knew that the protagonist did something that somehow rendered things WORSE but here's how I read a spoiler...

Spoiler: Persona 2
I read that the Protagonist ends up forgotten by EVERYONE and that he basically ruined the world or so because he refuses to forget about Maya. Which, I never thought meant that she died.

C-A.
Huh, so maybe that's not the case then? I guess we'll need to find out! (Faith re-ignited! :basil: )

CatMuto wrote:
PS: If you're further than me, tell me if this game is good Let's Play material? I'm still stuck in the school.

I think it's definitely good Let's Play material. Although, all of the frequent battles may have to be cut out at times. If I knew how to record my PSP I would (As I'm going into this game blind as well)

I've finished at Cuss High (So I may be further than you, That's after Seven Sister's High, and before Mu)

SuperAj3 wrote:
I think it's definitely good Let's Play material. Although, all of the frequent battles may have to be cut out at times. If I knew how to record my PSP I would (As I'm going into this game blind as well)

I've finished at Cuss High (So I may be further than you, That's after Seven Sister's High, and before Mu)

Well..... I'm just gonna point out, if I LP Persona 2, I will NOT look forward to editing out those damn battles. The encounter rate is too random and too high for my taste. I'd have to record the episode, watch it and pause every 30 seconds, just to cut out a battle.... and I'm already annoyed at having to edit out random battles in Romancing Saga 3.

I'm in the Sisters' High, I managed to defeat Hanako and got stuck cause some students aren't moving from the teacher's lounge where I have to go. And I know I did the objective of destroying the clocks.

C-A

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Well..... I'm just gonna point out, if I LP Persona 2, I will NOT look forward to editing out those damn battles. The encounter rate is too random and too high for my taste. I'd have to record the episode, watch it and pause every 30 seconds, just to cut out a battle.... and I'm already annoyed at having to edit out random battles in Romancing Saga 3.

I'm in the Sisters' High, I managed to defeat Hanako and got stuck cause some students aren't moving from the teacher's lounge where I have to go. And I know I did the objective of destroying the clocks.

C-A

Yeah, editing would be real annoying.

Have you broken the clocks in the teacher's lounge? Or just in the classrooms? If not yet, then you need to break all of the clocks in each accessible classroom (there's only one clock in each room too), then you should be able to enter.
Spoiler: Locations of clocks
(I looked it up, and it's rooms 3-B, 3-D, 2-C, 2-B, 1-A, 1-C, and 1-D)

I got a scene telling me I destroyed all the clocks and need to go to the teacher's lounge. *shrug*

C-A

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
I got a scene telling me I destroyed all the clocks and need to go to the teacher's lounge. *shrug*

C-A

Oh, I didn't have that issue of them not moving from the door. Did you speak to the teachers outside the lounge? I remember when you enter the lounge, you need to talk to Ms. Saeko and she'll give you permission to destroy the clocks in the teacher's lounge.

I don't remember that. But yeah, if I'm gonna do an LP, I will start from the beginning, so maybe that problem will disappear next time.

C-A

So, yeah, Persona 3 Portable is better than Persona 3 FES. Pretty much 2 different games. The music is good too.

builderkid107 wrote:
So, yeah, Persona 3 Portable is better than Persona 3 FES. Pretty much 2 different games. The music is good too.

I wouldn't call it 2 different games... wait, no, I would. VN style does not work for Persona games...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:

I wouldn't call it 2 different games... wait, no, I would. VN style does not work for Persona games...

C-A

VN?

Anyway, well, a lot of things change between the Male and Female stories.

In Justice We Trust

That's to be expected; a number of the Social Links are romantic in that game, so you need to alter/replace some of them. If the male PC can be a womanizer, then it's only fair that the female PC be able to be a... manizer? Gah... What's a female equivalent of "womanizer" that carries with it no more negative of a connotation?
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
That's to be expected; a number of the Social Links are romantic in that game, so you need to alter/replace some of them. If the male PC can be a womanizer, then it's only fair that the female PC be able to be a... manizer? Gah... What's a female equivalent of "womanizer" that carries with it no more negative of a connotation?

Hold up now, you're saying "womanizer" doesn't carry negative connotations as well? I've always thought it did. There's not really many neutral or positive terms for promiscuity.

Unfortunately Persona 3 doesn't give you much options about that if you wanna do well with social links.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

builderkid107 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
builderkid107 wrote:

C-A

VN?

Anyway, well, a lot of things change between the Male and Female stories.

also i don't recall the extra content from fes in the portable version...so...yea :P

Cold52 wrote:
also i don't recall the extra content from fes in the portable version...so...yea :P

Nope, I don't think it is. But, if you're a female, someone takes a picture of you in your gym uniform...yay?

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Hold up now, you're saying "womanizer" doesn't carry negative connotations as well? I've always thought it did. There's not really many neutral or positive terms for promiscuity.

No more negative of a connotation, Monsieur Pierre. Make a mental list of words for promiscuous males and words for promiscuous females. I don't think of promiscuity as a good thing with either gender, but the words dealing female promiscuity generally strike me as much harsher.
Pierre wrote:
Unfortunately Persona 3 doesn't give you much options about that if you wanna do well with social links.

This is the main reason why I asked for Persona 4 for Christmas instead of Persona 3. They might just be video game characters, but I can't bring myself to cheat on them. I just picture how they would react if they found out, and the mere thought leaves me feeling like a horrible person for even wondering about it.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

[b]No more negative[b] of a connotation, Monsieur Pierre. Make a mental list of words for promiscuous males and words for promiscuous females. I don't think of promiscuity as a good thing with either gender, but the words dealing female promiscuity generally strike me as much harsher.
Pierre wrote:

This is the main reason why I asked for Persona 4 for Christmas instead of Persona 3. They might just be video game characters, but I can't bring myself to cheat on them. I just picture how they would react if they found out, and the mere thought leaves me feeling like a horrible person for even wondering about it.

I think there's only one way to get found out in Persona 4, least that I've seen. Persona 3 will downright punish you easily but on a random date with Ai in Persona 4 I think Yukiko walks by if you are dating her and is like "What the hell is this?!"

:sadshoe: Sadly she proves herself very dumb as you can just convince her she's overreacting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I never said I expected Persona 4 to make it possible to be found out. The mere thought of how my character's girlfriend would react if she found out is enough to deter me.

Still, it did kind of bother me that you can't really be found out in that game. Do people just not talk about their love lives in Japan? I have trouble believing you could cheat on Yukiko with Chie (i. e. her best friend) and not be found out within days--and given how openly Rise flirts with the PC, I doubt she'd ever keep quiet about a relationship with him, either. I understand Persona 4 Golden has a scene in which you are sort of punished for cheating if you do so, but all the girls do in said scene is voice their suspicions at the most. I hope they take it farther in Persona 5 and go the extra mile to really twist the knife. Try to picture Yukiko or another love interest confronting you over your disloyalty and breaking down crying as she does so. That's the kind of thing I want to see in Persona 5. Social Link penalties could be circumvented in Persona 3 if you played your cards right. Being forced to see how you've hurt someone, on the other hand...

Just another day.

id be nice in persona 5 if they did so especially with the theme that the trailer makes it look like there going with :P

General Luigi wrote:
I never said I expected Persona 4 to make it possible to be found out. The mere thought of how my character's girlfriend would react if she found out is enough to deter me.

Still, it did kind of bother me that you can't really be found out in that game. Do people just not talk about their love lives in Japan? I have trouble believing you could cheat on Yukiko with Chie (i. e. her best friend) and not be found out within days--and given how openly Rise flirts with the PC, I doubt she'd ever keep quiet about a relationship with him, either. I understand Persona 4 Golden has a scene in which you are sort of punished for cheating if you do so, but all the girls do in said scene is voice their suspicions at the most. I hope they take it farther in Persona 5 and go the extra mile to really twist the knife. Try to picture Yukiko or another love interest confronting you over your disloyalty and breaking down crying as she does so. That's the kind of thing I want to see in Persona 5. Social Link penalties could be circumvented in Persona 3 if you played your cards right. Being forced to see how you've hurt someone, on the other hand...

What does PC stand for?

Anyway, yeah, that'd be an interesting mechanic...but I don't think it would work, because most characters are integral to the plot, so cheating on them so that they're super depressed wouldn't transfer over to the story.
Page 8 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station