Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 6[ 228 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Underrated GamesTopic%20Title

MANLY. VERY.

Woo-hoo, God Hand appreciation! God Hand was one of my favorite games of 2006- It was challenging, but that's what made it a great experience. More games should be that hard- it helps you appreciate it more if you had to work to get to the end.

Also, how can you spit on a game with such an awesome ad?
HAHA OH MAN M. VON KARMA'S BANGING HIS HEAD HAHAHA HEADBANG WOW THAT'S ORIGINAL AND FUNNY

A Kodac moment.

For old games:

-Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1, not the awful PS2 sequel): I just loved this game to tears. It was funny, suspenseful, had great dungeons, and had a great story.
-Sonic Shuffle (Dreamcast): I don't understand why everyone hates this game. I had tons of fun playing it, and it even had a Chao as a playable character! =)
-Majora's Mask (N64, hopefully will come on the Wii soon): Best Zelda game ever, in my opinion. And to the people who complained about the 3-day system, I have four words for you: Inverted Song of Time.

For recent games:

-God Hand (PS2): Reasons already stated in previous posts.
-Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit (PS2, Xbox): Did I spell that right? Anyways, this game had some of the most unique gameplay experiences I've ever had. Too bad the story falls apart towards the end, though. )=
-Tales of Symphonia (GC): Yep, you guys convinced me to get this game (on the original board), and I must admit that this is a very great game! =D
-Luigi's Mansion (GC): So what if it's not a real Mario game!? It is a perfect game on its own! Zenitora

And that's all!

OBJECT!Marquees are fun...Whip

One feathered Tail

I need to agree with your Majora's Mask sentiments.
That was really a diamond in the rough and much more masterfully done and executed than any other Zelda I've played. The three day realism and learning when to be where for what is one of my favorite parts. besides, transforming was brilliant. Zoras are great to play as.
"Love Song for Horton #437"

Poltergust wrote:
For old games:

-Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1, not the awful PS2 sequel): I just loved this game to tears. It was funny, suspenseful, had great dungeons, and had a great story.
-Sonic Shuffle (Dreamcast): I don't understand why everyone hates this game. I had tons of fun playing it, and it even had a Chao as a playable character! =)
-Majora's Mask (N64, hopefully will come on the Wii soon): Best Zelda game ever, in my opinion. And to the people who complained about the 3-day system, I have four words for you: Inverted Song of Time.

I definetly agree with Majoras Mask. Not so much with Sonic Shuffle though. Would have been a little better if it weren't for the loading times, IMO.
If you are reading this, then you're not illiterate.

Timid Defendant

Majora's mask was a pretty tough game for me (haven't completed it yet XD), but I loved it all the same.

My favourite underrated game would probably be Another Code (Trace Memory to you folks in the USA). Firstly it's Hotel Dusk's spiritual predecessor, and secondly the storyline is awesome. Some people claim the game's too short. I thought it was short too, but it was still cool. If anyone wants to get more out of it they should try to see if they can:
Spoiler: Another Code/Trace Memory
-Recover all of D's memories to get the good ending (I've still to do that)
-Get all the DAS cards (again, still to actually get them all. I missed one I think.)
-spot the differences on the second playthrough. That star ain't a medal, it's a notice saying "play me again, I've changed a few things and I want you to spot them!". Same goes for Hotel Dusk =D

If anything, my two favourite puzzles on there were the one that involved half closing the DS to solve the puzzle, and the one that involved completely closing the DS a couple of times to make a printing. I like how they continued that idea on Hotel Dusk =D
Redd White (age 17) Hey Grossberg, I bet you couldn't stuff 11 lemons up your nose!
Grossburg (age 19) You're on!

And that's why :D

Aah! Cobras!

I think Scurge: Hive fits the bill, even if it's technically a recent game (DS and GBA).

Because it deals with a female bounty hunter in space, with a virus infection, it's easy to blow off as a Metroid Fusion clone. However, the gameplay and view are too different to compare.
Plus, there's a sense of urgency in which you need to visit a healing station to slow down your infection rate. Otherwise you start losing life :0

Ah, and Sigma Star Saga for the GBA, and Plok for the SNES.

von Karma stole Alucard's wardrobe!

Hmmm.

The first Grandia is an AMAZING game with funny humor, a lengthy quest, believeable characters and a kickin' soundtrack. Unfortunately, I think this got released that same time as Final Fantasy VIII so no one got their hands on it.

The Suikoden series as a whole is underrated, however, I think at least for the second game, people KNOW it's awesome. Makes me wish I hadn't sold mine on eBay...
Play the text adventure where you control the action, like this user:
At any rate, this situation keeps getting weirder all the time. What will you do now?
action>Begin to Chicken Dance

e × e = e²

Body Harvest for the Nintendo 64 (OMG)

The literal predecessor to today's misfit GTA series, complete with carjacking and weapon arsenals. Though low-tech by today's standards, the protodesign of exploration-based gameplay kept me playing the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Mighty Midget wrote:
LTM360 wrote:
Unnoticed:
Psychonauts.
Beyond Good & Evil.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
>Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit<

I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME!! Is it also for the PS2?

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-26548-Indig ... 961&sr=8-2

Queen Of The Mods

My top two underrated games?
LOZ: Wind Waker, and Okami.
I expect to be killed by a mob of OoT fanboys, but I truly believe Wind Waker is the best LoZ game.*ducks*
And it's criminal how bad the sales of Okami were. One of the saddest (video-game related) sights I've seen was a PS2 chart where Okami was barely clinging onto the end of the chart, and guess what was at the top?
FIFA 2007.

Lady Luckless

psychonautical wrote:
Psychonauts. Hmm, actually, almost any game that Tim Schafer worked on.

Thoroughly seconded. "And THAT is the purpose of the goggles."
Every time I see a "The goggles, they do nothing!" post, I must disagree.
"Show me an innocent... I'll show you a fairy tale."

Kupo... po!

I say that "Feel the Magic XY XX" and "The Rub Rabbits" are underrated. Great little games, have them both.
Gaian RP accounts:
Little Minuki-chan, Little Maki-chan, Masaka Sakai, Thalassa Shells.

Most concerned citizen out there.

How about Legend of Dragoon? I think it's underrated.
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner and the Super Robot Taisen OG games.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot

OH. MY. GOD.

How in bloddy HELL has no once mentioned EARHTBOUND.
Yes, it was released over here, but was TERRIBLY underrated:(

And becasue of that, no one will get an official English translation of Mother 3(which has to be one the best games I've played for the GBA even if it was a rom...)...

I mean come on!

Oh, and Beyond Good & Evil.

Mad Genius

-Legaia 2, for ps2, the sequel to the PS1 cult classic Legend of Legaia. Faded into obscurity, as so many great RPG's do.
Let's be honest...if you have it, you don't need it. If you don't need it, you don't have it. If you have it, you need more of it. And if you have more of it, you don't need less of it.

stirring

Legend of Dragoon wasn't underrated at all. It was generally considered a mediocre game by critics and that's all it was.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Mad Genius

Holy Hell wrote:
Legend of Dragoon wasn't underrated at all. It was generally considered a mediocre game by critics and that's all it was.

But how many Mediocre games cover four discs?
Another one I like to add, was Suikoden 4. A good entry into the series, but for obvious reasons, it faded into the horizon to be replaced by it's shinier, more vibrant brother, Suikoden 5.
Let's be honest...if you have it, you don't need it. If you don't need it, you don't have it. If you have it, you need more of it. And if you have more of it, you don't need less of it.

seems interesting!

Quote:
But how many Mediocre games cover four discs?
Dragon Quest VII.
Final Fantasy VIII.
Final Fantasy IX.

oh look at that they're all from square or enix

More often than not, an excessively long game is compensation for shortcomings in the gameplay.
Quote:
Another one I like to add, was Suikoden 4. A good entry into the series, but for obvious reasons, it faded into the horizon to be replaced by it's shinier, more vibrant brother, Suikoden 5.
You really have a thing for lame games, don't you?

I'm a dust cloud, pal!

I'm not sure if this is underrated so much as simply forgotten, but I loved Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Alpha_Centauri) It was a really fun strategy game, and I loved seeing the different factions interat; even though some were weak compared to the others (such as the Peacekeepers and the Believers*), each one had an interesting take on how a human society would form in space. Plus, it was a real blast discovering new technologies and such. *sigh* I still regret not being able to play the expansion, but hey, what are you gonna do.

*Okay, they're a strong fighting force, and their morale and strong will in combat was useful. However, the stipulations on research made them too unenjoyable to play, in my opinion.

seems interesting!

The only problem with the expansion is the new factions invariably suck. Original 7 = way to go.

CHAIRMAN YANG I AM SEETHING AT YOU

that's nice, miriam. go masturbate to the bible some more

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW WE RECENTLY COMPLETED AN ADVANCED SCOUT TROOPER (1/1/1) RENDERING OUR FORCES NIGH INVINCIBLE

miriam i am trying to watch star trek good night

I'm a dust cloud, pal!

Quote:
The only problem with the expansion is the new factions invariably suck. Original 7 = way to go.

Really? That's a shame; from what I heard, some of them seemed pretty interesting. On the other hand, the alien factions seemed rather...dissapointing. Oh well.

Quote:
CHAIRMAN YANG I AM SEETHING AT YOU

that's nice, miriam. go masturbate to the bible some more

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW WE RECENTLY COMPLETED AN ADVANCED SCOUT TROOPER (1/1/1) RENDERING OUR FORCES NIGH INVINCIBLE

miriam i am trying to watch star trek good night

Can't...stop...laughing....

seems interesting!

Quote:
Really? That's a shame; from what I heard, some of them seemed pretty interesting. On the other hand, the alien factions seemed rather...dissapointing. Oh well.
Yeah, I like the concept of the Pirates and the Data Angels, but they're not executed very well. Of course, part of that may be my attachment to the Hive.

And yeah, the alien factions are broken. To alleviate that, in any game where they're in, they're always at each others' throats, but they still dominate.

spr fckn srs peepz

zuddha wrote:
Dragon Quest VII.

Wasn't it 2 disc?

Also, Suikoden, no matter the game, is invariably awful. YES I WENT THERE.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

stirring

I was thinking three discs, but two might be right.

Also: Ace Combat series in general. More so because it's a niche genre.

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
I was thinking three discs, but two might be right.

Nope. It's two. I got it at home and just verified. Unless the Japanese version was 4 discs...
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

seems interesting!

Quote:
Nope. It's two. I got it at home and just verified.

My memory must have inflated it. Whatever.

The Ultimate Inventor

I'd have to say River City Ransom, that was easily one of the best games on the NES, next to Rollerball, which is also underrated.
Stop chewing that phonecord, young man!

e × e = e²

WHAT IF PHOENIX WRIGHT WAS IN RIVER CITY... no, must resist.

River City Ransom, yes, definite underrated/forgotten game of the NES. Co-operative RPG/Action is a rare thing to find throughout video game history. That said, Secret of Mana for the SNES was the shit.

Another game that gets my vote? The Adventures of Lolo. Perhaps it did get its proper accolades, but when thinking back on puzzle game history people seem to forget to mention that great series - another great developed by Nintendo's own HAL Laboratories. Bunch of geniuses there.

And Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon for the SNES, by Nintendo's Intelligent Systems. Immortalized in modern days as Puzzle League. Gawd. As far as puzzle games go, this is one I find to actually be "fair and balanced" in terms of competitive play, and is far less arcane yet highly complex than whatever craze is sweeping southeast Asia these days. I wish they'd bring this back as a high-profile number, but eh.
ImageImageImageImageImage

spr fckn srs peepz

Any of the Kunio-Kun games are extremely underrated except by a chosen few. Well, all of them except the Tetris clone and Renegade. God those sucked.

Suikoden.

Suikoden.

Suikoden.

Suikoden.

If you're a fan of RPG's, the Suikoden series is a much. Except IV, which I like to pretend never existed. Suikoden II is one of the best, but it's damn near impossible to find now for under $80. I suggest snagging Suikoden V. It's tied with Suikoden II as my all-time favorite RPG.

I and III were okay, but they don't hold a candle to II or V.
Goodbye, my Mars!
I shot your pigs! (Pigs!)
Goodbye strange fruits!
Get higher, get higher!

Phantasy Star II! SEGA'S RPG game was a VERY HARD game to conquer! (As opposed to SQUARE-ENIX'S Dragon Quest)

seems interesting!

too bad square-enix didn't make dragon quest, right

Archmage

zuddha wrote:
too bad square-enix didn't make dragon quest, right

IF they stayed with square Soft and did not join up with Enix...woiuld Dragon Quest be right?

WOOSH!!!

hmmm

i always turn to the family guy game for a time-killer, but thats all it should be for
IT WORKS!!! I AM ONE CAN SHORT OF A SIX PACK!!!
You know, theres a lot of Franziska+Adrian sketches, but I'd like to see some Adrian+Maggey sketches.
Holy Hell wrote:
Europonians? On my internet? Naah, couldn't be.

Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, created by Iron Lore and produced by THQ. A fun Diablo 2-style RPG based on elements of Ancient Greek, Egyptian and Asian Mythology with literally a shitload of items. However, if you are going to get the game, get it with the Immortal Throne Expansion. It makes it all that much more better (you can store away items in storage, better item managing, etc...)

And yes, Secret of Mana was the shit. Seriously...
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

spr fckn srs peepz

Zully Quirke wrote:
Suikoden.

Suikoden.

Suikoden.

Suikoden.

If you're a fan of RPG's, the Suikoden series is a much. Except IV, which I like to pretend never existed. Suikoden II is one of the best, but it's damn near impossible to find now for under $80. I suggest snagging Suikoden V. It's tied with Suikoden II as my all-time favorite RPG.

I and III were okay, but they don't hold a candle to II or V.

Honestly, Suikoden, all of them, are on my extremely overrated list.

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Honestly, Suikoden, all of them, are on my extremely overrated list.

Overrated? Are you kidding me? Maybe it's a Canada thing, but where I am no one's even heard of the series. Of course, it'll also depend on what you're looking for in a game. I dig character history, character growth, storyline, and replayability. I like stories with alternate endings, because god damnit if I'm going to pay $50 for a game, I want to be able to play it more than once.

Suikoden II was the best at capturing all of these elements. I even loved the sidequests. V was incredibly close to II insofar as gameplay went, and characters as well. I like how they don't give the main character as much emphasis, because that's one of my big irks with the Final Fantasy series. I don't really care how badass/aloof/cool/untouchable my main character is. I'm not playing because I have a small penis. I'm playing because I want to be a part of an interactive story.
Goodbye, my Mars!
I shot your pigs! (Pigs!)
Goodbye strange fruits!
Get higher, get higher!

未来の遂行者

I don't understand why anyone would think Tales of Symphonia is underrated. It is a good game, I will give you that, but it sold very well in North America (giving the type of game it is), in the hight 600 000 if memory serves. Now, if you want an underrated Tales of game, it have to be Tales of the Abyss, one of the best Tales of and which horible sales in North America basiquely jeopardize the localisation of any future Tales of games in North America (including Tales of the Tempest for DS, Tales of Destiny for PS2 and Swords of Legendia for Wii).

As for underrated GameCube RPG, I can't believe nobody mentioned Baten Kaitos, one of the most original RPG ever, and clearly superior to Tales of Symphonia on every front in my oppignon.

stirring

The Suikoden series is very overrated. The high critical acclaim doesn't fit.
Page 2 of 6 [ 228 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station