Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 16[ 633 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Re: Pokemon 6th Generation: X and YTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Johnathan wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
Amazon charged my card for the game, but delivery date still remains Oct.17. Fuck.
Dammit Nintendo, why can't you release games on Tuesday like everybody else?!

From what I hear is that the Amazon Prime members get the game first then the regular members. I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered Pokemon Y with 1 day shipping and I won't get it until October 16th. 5 days left. Too much hype.

Thanks for reminding me, need to cancel that, will probably get it online unless brick an mortar shops have a good deal.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Odd, I'm not Amazon Prime and yet it still gave the delivery estimate of today, and was already dispatched, so perhaps it's different for us in the UK.
Still isn't here, though, and if my delivery is for a later date, it'd be nice if they'd bloody tell me.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

My copy's shipped, and it's in Arizona right now, but unfortunately my delivery date is still the 16th. Oh well. That'll be my reward after my calc test that day.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Zoinks

You American dudes shouldn't be getting the game later than us Brit dudes. I feel for you guys, I really do.

:>

Pretty close to the 2nd gym, I think, but my GOD the gap between the 1st and the 2nd gym has lasted at least, like, four hours so far. I hope this game isn't as long as it currently appears - we've got Dual Destinies to play in less than two weeks, after all...

Apparently there are already people who've played through the main storyline. Jesus Christ.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Well, looks like the money I paid for it to arrive today, as opposed to Monday which is when it'll probably arrive now, has been wasted. Bloody Amazon using Royal Mail...

Fate Testarossa

Yellow Magician wrote:
You American dudes shouldn't be getting the game later than us Brit dudes. I feel for you guys, I really do.

:>

Pretty close to the 2nd gym, I think, but my GOD the gap between the 1st and the 2nd gym has lasted at least, like, four hours so far. I hope this game isn't as long as it currently appears - we've got Dual Destinies to play in less than two weeks, after all...

Apparently there are already people who've played through the main storyline. Jesus Christ.

Well, it's already been out (officially) for more than 24 hours in Japan/Australia/etc... Not to mention the fact that some people got their copies early. So, I'm not terribly surprised that people have finished it already.

Fate is made by クロス

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Just picked up my copy of X. Hope it's worth the hype!
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Fate Testarossa

I was crazy and decided to buy both X and Y. >_>

Fate is made by クロス

So I've gotten my Kirlia's affection maxed already and I'm getting little bonus messages during battles like "Kirlia read Dahlia's mind and avoided the attack" and "Kirlia expunged the poison from her body so Dahlia wouldn't worry" with little hearts popping up over Kirlia's head in each instance.

I don't know if having higher friendship actually makes your Pokémon fight better or they're just Easter Eggy messages to make you feel more attached to your 'mons, but if it's the former I can see Smogon and the like trying to somehow ban Poke-amie in the future since dodging's not faaaaaaaaaaair

Oh and yeah the game's very fun, I've spent most of today playing and would have spent more time yesterday if I hadn't had to work. From what I've seen (just finished the second gym) you get early access to a very nice mix of element types, with very few Pokémon that aren't useful at all.

Still hasn't arrived yet, in any of the posts since then, though something came this morning for my flatmate, which was due to be delivered by the 10th of October. Nice one, Royal Mail, continue to prove just how rubbish you are.

I damn well better get refunded on the postage, at least.

Edit: Ah, good, the postage is indeed being refunded.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Thought I was gonna get it today since it arrived at the post office, but since today's Columbus Day the USPS gets the day off. Damnit!

Gettin' Old!

Just got it, what on Earth is Super Training. Seems a really cheap way to get stats.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

May want to avoid saving in the streets of Lumiose City, might freeze your game.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Pierre wrote:
Just got it, what on Earth is Super Training. Seems a really cheap way to get stats.

It's EV training done the right way. No more hunting down specific Pokémon for stat boosts, constantly running back to Centers to heal, grinding the Battle Tower/Subway/whathaveyou for Power items, etc.

Hell, if you're patient enough you can max out a Pokémon's EVs right after getting them.

And yeah, a friend of mine lost his save file from saving in Lumiose.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It's EV training done the right way. No more hunting down specific Pokémon for stat boosts, constantly running back to Centers to heal, grinding the Battle Tower/Subway/whathaveyou for Power items, etc.

Hell, if you're patient enough you can max out a Pokémon's EVs right after getting them.

And yeah, a friend of mine lost his save file from saving in Lumiose.

Ok lay it down on me cause in the time between then and your post I'd been convinced the stats were just feeding into it's own little shooter minigame and I'd like to not utterly screw up my pokemon's EVs because I was experimenting with the new features.

What's the nitty gritty of the mechanics?

Edit: Playing Pokemon-amie with Braixen feels....wrong.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well first off, it's impossible to permanently screw up your EVs in Gen 6. If you keep tapping the punching bag on the Super Training page, you'll find special bags, one of which is a white Reset Bag that wipes out all acquired EVs, letting you start fresh.

Other than that, it's pretty much what it says when you beat each shooting stage; you get a bonus to a stat depending on which game you cleared. Level 1 games give 4 EVs each, Level 2 gives 8, and Level 3 gives 12. You have to beat each of the six games on Level 1 to unlock 2, and beat all the 2 games for 3, though, so I'd suggest just clearing them all with one Pokémon, then using a Reset Bag on that one.

One other nice feature I discovered today is you can't get more than 252 EVs in one stat in X/Y (you could get 255 in previous gens, leading to wasted points), so if you want to just max out Speed or whatever, just keep playing the Speed games until it tells you your Speed won't go any higher. Or if you want to put a specific number of EVs in but lose track, you could save the game, use a Reset Bag (it'll tell you how many points you lost), then soft reset the game and go back to training (obviously that won't work if you went over the number you wanted, but it's easy enough building them back up.)

I really liked the game, my only real complaints are regarding the story, the characters and the way-too-easy Elite Four.

I still love the little changes; steel types does no longer resist ghost and dark (finally, a nerf!), the beginning is sped up, character customization and so on. One has to wonder what they have in store for us next. Chances are they'll make a Pokémon X & Y 2 like they did with the previous generation, or maybe a Pokémon Z, which seems to be a common fan theory.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

So um... I heard that X and Y together have sold 4 million copies worldwide in two days!
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Heh heh.

So yesterday at lunch I found I was among the minority of my friends who was not already at or past their seventh badge... Even worse, that another friend was surprised one of us wasn't already at the Pokemon League by then :beef: C-can you blame me for wanting to take my time!? I'm not the one who likes replaying Pokemon games from scratch over and over! (Then again, maybe I'm taking my time a bit too much... I haven't even gotten to the second badge, and normally I'm at my third or past by now... :payne: )
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I made all my friends call me Onee-chan, and I got Froakie. Then I stopped cause impending Calculus test is more important than catching all dem Pocket Monsters.

Blak The Great wrote:
I made all my friends call me Onee-chan, and I got Froakie. Then I stopped cause impending Calculus test is more important than catching all dem Pocket Monsters.

Clearly your priorities are wrong.

Fate Testarossa

Just finished the main story. Was pretty good. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Fate is made by クロス

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I can't wait for this to come in the mail. Should be here before mid-November. Missing the bandwagon, I know, but I still want the game really bad. Every screenshot I see is awesome, the reviews are giving it amazing scores, and, hell, it's POKEMON IN FULL 3D, what can be better than that? It's literally what I've dreamed about since I first played Pokemon, and it has me very excited for what they'll do in one, two or three generations' time. Full HD, 60 FPS, HD Pokemon battles, anyone? The future looks awesome

If I'm allowed to "spam" on-topic and recommend a small yet nice Pokémon community, I've been reading posts over at Lake Valor, they're a pretty new community, but I like them already because it reminds me of CR in its early days, when we were just a few and we all got to know each other in a way (these guys do livestreams and chats and everything, they're even closer than we were). I tried to read the Serebii forums but there were SO MANY POSTS... It was overwhelming, so I looked for smaller communities, and LV was recommended to me by a friend, who's an admin there, and looks like fun, so I signed up, but I'm not active yet. There's a ton of Pokemon fans here, so it'd be awesome if we did a CR invasion over there >:3

Zoinks

DeMatador wrote:
I can't wait for this to come in the mail. Should be here before mid-November.

How in the seven hells are you getting mail in a month?

Just caught Xerneas today, already it's one of my favourite Pokémon to use. Almost knocked it out twice, but in the reload it just endured the hit from my severely overpowered Delphox. Only used one Ultra Ball, too, which was great.
Oh, and I love how it doesn't even fit on one screen in Pokémon-Amie.

Fate Testarossa

Friend Safariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

We should add each other for Friend Safariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Fate is made by クロス

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Yellow Magician wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
I can't wait for this to come in the mail. Should be here before mid-November.

How in the seven hells are you getting mail in a month?

I kinda live in Argentina, dude.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I've logged about ten hours and am a bit past the second gym. All in all I'm liking it more than I expected, honestly! There's just a level of polish and detail that really makes the game enjoyable.

Current team: Axew/Wartortle/Pidgeotto/Lucario/Pikachu/Quilladin. I kind of feel bad for only having one gen 6 Pokemon active, haha, but by the time I got the Tyrunt fossil I'd already been training Axew. That and I just plain haven't seen a lot of new Pokemon that really caught my eye! There's really a huge variety from past gens. If I find a Honedge though I might swap that in for something.

Oh, and I named them all after Dangan Ronpa characters (except Quilladin and Wartortle.) Axew is Owari, Pidgeotto is Komaru, Lucario is Naegi, and Pikachu is Ibuki. Wartortle I named Shipley in honor of my favorite DD case and Quallidin doesn't have a nickname because you gotta respect the starter.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

Bolt, out of curiosity, English or Japanese version?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Ultimate Survivor

I'm a long-time Pokemon fan, so I was super excited about this game. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play it, and a week after buying it I've just now beaten the 5th gym. (Though I have heard from some of my friends that they are taking their sweet time with the game as well, so maybe my slow progress isn't that weird.)

I love the overall presentation and battle animations - everything moves so fluidly now (if you keep 3D turned off in battle, that is). Overall, though, it's still on the easy side, which I guess is to be expected from a game aimed primarily at children. I used the EXP Share for a while after I first received it, but quickly turned it off when all of the members of my team were 5-10 levels over the random NPCs' Pokemon (and this was without any grinding whatsoever). It sort of breaks the game if you leave it on, but luckily you can just switch it off quickly in the item menu.

Most of the new features seem fun, but I haven't messed with them too much. Post-game I'll probably look into the Super Training stuff some more, so that I can actually compete in the metagame. Pokemon-Amie is kind of interesting, too...if you max your Pokemon's happiness, you get some cool extra features in battle, e.g., higher critical hit rate, random Focus Sash-type effects, boosted EXP, etc.

Current team is Delphox/Crobat/Blastoise/Aurorus/Heliolisk/Pangoro. I love my Aurorus, but dat 4x Fighting and Steel weakness...it's a killer. I also named my Crobat Simon in honor of the upcoming release of AA5, heh.

Oh yeah! I'd love more Friend Codes, so feel free to add me. Mine is 2509 1943 5425.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
Bolt, out of curiosity, English or Japanese version?

I considered Japanese so I could use my capture card, but ultimately I decided on English because I preferred a physical release, didn't want to wait for/pay for an import, and my friends are all on my American 3DS. And while I could have played in Japanese regardless, I figured what the heck and just set it to English.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

I'm sorta locked into Japanese, for when I get it...
Luckily digital releases mean no having to wait for imports~

Bolt Storm wrote:
And while I could have played in Japanese regardless, I figured what the heck and just set it to English.

Wait, Pokemon X/Y is dual language? :eh?:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fate Testarossa

Pokémon X/Y are multi-languages. English/French/Spanish/German/Japanese/Italian... I'm probably missing some, but I remember seeing all those language options when I started up the game.

Fate is made by クロス

迷探偵

Yep, I got the DL version from the JP eStore, but I could choose all languages (the ones mentioned above, and Korean). The merits of a simultaneous global release!

(I went with the JP text language anyway in the end though)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Zoinks

DeMatador wrote:
I kinda live in Argentina, dude.

I know, but it's Argentina, not, like, Papua New Guinea. :lana:

Beat the Elite 4 yesterday - was pretty easy for the most part, but a certain Water/Flying Pokemon managed to take out four of my team...#alwayspackathunderbolt

And yeah, let's share those Friend Codes. The more, the merrier~ (mine's in my sig)

Apologize!!!

So why am I not buying Pokemon when even Korea was included in worldwide release.. I want to raise Aegislash, Goodra, Noivern, and Dragalge!

Gettin' Old!

Hell I freaking love Super Training.

Seriously I've not moved all day just shootin them balloons.

Though sad to see that there's no final prize for getting the medal in every challenge.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

So, just became the Champion of Kalos. I love how grandiose the Pokémon League is, it's hilariously over-the-top.

Master of sharp things!

After a week and a half of distractions, I finally beat the Elite 4 and finished the main game in X. I decided to only use Pokémon from this gen, so my final team ended up as such:

Delphox Lv. 74
Clawitzer Lv. 73
Aegislash Lv. 76
Pangoro Lv. 78
Tyrantrum Lv. 74
Sylveon Lv. 69

All in all it was a fun ride, though I think the Exp. Share made the game too easy, as I was way overleveled for the majority even without grinding. Oh well, on to the post game, and eventually Y. Maybe I'll make a team with one Pokémon from each gen or something like that.

Art Person

My team currently is (excluding nicknames):
  • Chesnaught Lv72
  • Vivillon Lv68
  • Talonflame Lv70
  • Blaziken Lv76
  • Blastoise Lv69
  • Gengar Lv59

I'm just about to enter the Elite 4, but I feel I should go find a better Anti-dragon Pokemon than my Gengar, (As it knows Dazzling Gleam, but is always KO'd after one hit, regardless of my many hours of super training :acro: ) Maybe switch to an Abomasnow?

Also, How did they not think to put left hand support for Super-Training! :grey:
It's such a pain to attack and dodge with 1 hand! I got used to Kid Icarus, but this is nigh on impossible for me to aimwith the stylus in my right hand (I shouldn't need to practice opposite hand co-ordination for a mini-game lol)
Page 3 of 16 [ 633 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station