Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 24 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Fate Testarossa

My reaction to MM3D... Is a whole big pile of "meh".

Fate is made by クロス

Same, and I love Majora's Mask. It's probably going to be nerfed

I loved Ocarina of Time, too, but I really couldn't get into the 3DS version. Maybe I'm not a "handheld remake" kind of guy

kwando1313 wrote:
My reaction to MM3D... Is a whole big pile of "meh".

JesusMonroe wrote:
Same, and I love Majora's Mask. It's probably going to be nerfed

I loved Ocarina of Time, too, but I really couldn't get into the 3DS version. Maybe I'm not a "handheld remake" kind of guy

Yeah, kinda. I mean, I quickly noticed with Ocarina 3DS that I had the same problem with it that I had with the Gamecube port and the original N64 version: it just bored me playing it. Nothing in it that really got me invested in anything about that game.

With Majora, it just made so many missteps for me. It's too dark, everything just sucks for everyone - it's like they're trying their best to make me give a crap, which has the opposite effect. If things are too sad, I just end up not caring. At all Not to mention the NPCs are all idiots. And it made a mistake for me that Oracle of Ages and Seasons did, too: it wasn't properly balanced.
Seasons was too focused on fighting.
Ages was too focused on solving puzzles.
Majora seems too focused on sidequests.
Where's the balance? A good Zelda game, for me, is a balance of all three of those parts and not too emphasized on only one. Odd, but it's like the Triforce. Balance is necessary, or it'll end badly. As it did for the Oracle games for me, I stopped both and didn't finish.

I have the feeling, though, they'll add more save files and an option to save mid-game but without losing said mid-game save upon reload. And a way for you to change the time or heavily skip it during the first cycle.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

I might pick this game up, i never experienced Majora before so i wanna play it at some point... I'm in fr a depressing 2015.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Such a lukewarm response for the second-best Zelda getting a port, much disappointment C-R.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Such a lukewarm response for the second-best Zelda getting a port, much disappointment C-R.

Meh. And if you say Ocarina is the best, I'll punch you. :ron:

C-A

Ocarina is the best!! :godot:

I agree with you Franz, C-R has no taste in Zelda games :yogi:

Ocarina (and Majora) are the Zelda version of Final Fantasy VII - overrated and overhyped as shit when, in reality, they are outdated and old. And no, Ocarina (and I doubt Majora) 3DS actually did anything to improve or make them better. All they did was alter a bit here and there, update the graphics (to the point that the ReDeads now look hilarious instead of creepy) and get rid of the one annoyance of having to open the menu all the time to equip and unequip the botts. That's it. Other than that, it's basically the N64 version of the game - which was already okay but not great in 1998.

C-A

PS: Am I the only one for whom CR is working really slowly today?

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

Not even in my top five.

Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Link Between Worlds
...I dunno, Spirit Tracks maybe? Slight personal bias on that one since I really liked the Link/Zelda relationship that went on there. Plus trains are fun.

Also, MM was dumped on for being a "lazy sequel to OoT" by most people until the last few years, when everyone suddenly realized how good it was.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

Not even in my top five.

Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Link Between Worlds
...I dunno, Spirit Tracks maybe? Slight personal bias on that one since I really liked the Link/Zelda relationship that went on there. Plus trains are fun.

Also, MM was dumped on for being a "lazy sequel to OoT" by most people until the last few years, when everyone suddenly realized how good it was.

My top 5 would have to be

1.Majora's Mask
2.Wind Waker
3.Link to the past
4.Ocarina of time
5.Twilight Princess

I enjoyed Spirit tracks since it was something different and fun while also cute haha. Majora's mask is underrated sadly when its a great game.

PSS: C-R is also going slow for me as well. Server either must be slow or the bandwidth is full.

An Enigma Among Humans

CatMuto wrote:
PS: Am I the only one for whom CR is working really slowly today?

You too? It is for me.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

C-A

Not even in my top five.

Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Link Between Worlds

Fate Testarossa

My favourite Zeldas:

Wind Waker
Oracle of Seasons/Ages

AND THAT'S ALL FOLKS

Fate is made by クロス

I don't think Majora is really a sequel to Ocarina. Heck, I don't even buy the theory that it's supposedly OoT Link travelling around the Lost Woods and all of Termina is just an illusion as he's turning into a Stalfos or anything like that. Then again, I don't think any of the games are actually connected via timeline or so. They're games and they have references, but none feel like proper sequels or prequels.
Not even Wind Waker, which just makes me question things.

And I think TP is more "another Ocarina" than Majora. Difference is, TP was actually fun for me... then again it did have that cancerous Tumor called Ilia in it... I still loved the dungeons. Even that FUCKING HAND FOLLOWING ME AAARGH!! Hated that part... I loved Arbiter's Ground, though!

I can't really give a top 5 or even top 3 Zelda games for me. Mostly cause TP and Skyward share #1 spot and none of the others I've played are really the ones that I've loved.

C-A

Lord Doitsu wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Not even in my top five.

Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Link Between Worlds

Cat, you get the Ocarina of Time from a Zelda that looks exactly like Zelda from OoT and Nintendo has flat-out confirmed that MM is a direct sequel to OoT. Theory-stuff aside, there's no denying the fact that OoT Link = MM Link.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Cat, you get the Ocarina of Time from a Zelda that looks exactly like Zelda from OoT and Nintendo has flat-out confirmed that MM is a direct sequel to OoT. Theory-stuff aside, there's no denying the fact that OoT Link = MM Link.

Basicially you can tell its a sequel to OoT because of the intro with link returning back to his younger form after putting back the master sword at the end of Oot

Quote:

...so? :ron:

Does knowing this somehow change my experience with the game? No.
Does it add anything to the game? No.
Does it change the game itself? No.

This is my main problem with the sequels, preqeuls, midquels or, heck, the entire timeline thing with the Zelda games. There's no big arc, nothing that really connects them all into one long story - sure, they all contain (an incarnation of) Ganon(dorf), the Master Sword, Link, Zelda and Hyrule in general... but those are just parts. Nothing that binds them together.

They don't feel like knowing any connections are actually worth anything, it's just background information that you sort of know, but considering it has no real impact on anything in the game or your experience with it, it's of no importance and easily forgotten.

As I said, they have references to others. Which are fun, but references don't really add a connection: Tales of Symphonia has an NPC who makes a vague reference to a flowergirl in the slums, meaning Aerith from Final Fantasy VII. Does that mean those games are connected? No. They aren't. Tales of Symphonia was made as a prequel to Tales of Phantasia - there, the connection is established by the same things, with a similar background and things connecting them are Derris Quaran, the Quaran War, the large amount of Norse mythology and the tree Yggdrasill is planted and named in Symphonia, playing a point in Phantasia. The maps are similar to how Phantasia's world is built. And Symphonia had a method of keeping Mana in the world low, to prevent the creation of magitek, which depletes the Tree's life and destroys it - in Phantasia, such a method was not present (it having been removed entirely at the end of Symphonia and Mana now being freeflowing with no restriction) and it led to magitek, which ended up destroying the Tree. It proves that the original method was restrictive, but actually better for the planet, tree and mana which gave them the power of magic. Phantasia goes on to do something to protect the Tree after healing it, too. Those feel like sequels.

C-A

Last edited by CatMuto on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fate Testarossa

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

...so? :ron:

Because...

CatMuto wrote:
I don't think Majora is really a sequel to Ocarina.

Which is blatantly wrong.

Fate is made by クロス

As I said: I didn't THINK it was a sequel. Now that I know? Doesn't change anything. I still say "So?"

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Welp, I for one am excited about majora's mask for the 3ds. It's one of my favorite 3d Zelda titles.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Welp, I for one am excited about majora's mask for the 3ds. It's one of my favorite 3d Zelda titles.

dullahan1 wrote:

Excited as well but sadly no 3ds :yogi:

I think I'm qualified enough to make a top 5 since Zelda is probably my favorite series, but I've only played the 3D Zeldas to completion (I only played about 75% of LTTP. Never finished)

I also don't really hate any Zelda games besides the DS ones. I think they all bring something new and exciting to the table. I'd also be lying if I said nostalgia wasn't a factor

Least Best to Best

Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
Link Between Worlds
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker

I wish I could put MM higher but I just like the others more

Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass-it's going to take a lot of convincing to tell me that these are Zelda games. Yes, I know they're recognized as canon but I pretty much reject them from the series despite playing both beginning to end. They lack all of the effort and heart of the other games and just feel like cash grabs while the DS was popular. Plus, I don't understand the transition. Everybody complained about Linebeck's boat being too restrictive on where you could go (drawing the line on the map) and too slow, so for Spirit Tracks they gave you a more restrictive and slower vehicle? Great

Link Between Worlds-it was fun. That's it. Didn't really stir much emotion out of me. I liked it, though

I don't really have time to write about the others cause I gotta go right now but I want to throw in my thoughts on Skyward Sword since that one's the most polarizing

First of all, the controls were great. They worked fine for me. Now, if you have two groups of people: those who say the controls were great and those who say they weren't, then what's the deal? Are the controls broken? That can't be because one group said the controls were great, so the problem must lie with the other group, unless they want to claim that everybody who thought the controls were greatis lying

The end of the game was fucking fantastic, though. I remember starting the last dungeon (the puzzle one) at like midnight and knowing I could finish the game. I played until like 3 am and as the credits rolled and the musics swelled and Impa died, I just fucking cried like a baby. It really felt like I was a kid playing Zelda again. That's by far my most memorable experience with the series. It's such a lovely game

Though, some shit is annoying like the tadtones, second fire temple, and Fi, as well as the wii remote's low battery (I had to replace them like seven times throughout the game). Some parts are frustrating enough to make it not worth going through the game again, especially considering this one has a boss rush mode taking away the incentive of replaying the game. There's also too much backtracking for my liking and I don't like the idea of only three core worlds. Flying could've been better, too. Anyway, this is the only Zelda I haven't replayed and I do think my experience would be diminished if I did replay it, so it's not gonna happen for a while

Gettin' Old!

Damn man is anyone else finding some parts of adventure mode downright impossible to A-rank?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the story/characters in Zelda games? I don't mean disliking them, I mean the story just isn't a factor in my assessment of the games. Sure, Midna in TP was a good character, Link and Zelda in ST were adorable, the Gorons in OoT were stupid, but none of those would affect how I would rate their respective games. I play Zelda games mainly for what action-adventure games are known for: action-adventure (and puzzles, sidequests and how the game utilizes its mechanics). Everything else just feels like embellishments thrown in for the sake of embellishments.

And my reaction to MM3D?
Spoiler:
Whatever.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Pierre wrote:
Damn man is anyone else finding some parts of adventure mode downright impossible to A-rank?

Eeyup. Any mission where I have to use Ruto is particularly bad.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Eeyup. Any mission where I have to use Ruto is particularly bad.

Eh I find her super long distance wave attacks great for when I need to kill a bunch of enemies quickly. Only thing stopping me from A ranking is all the stupid giant bosses that spawn dedicated to killing me as Ruto is pretty vulnerable when she does.

Conversely Ganon can do no wrong. Shall I use the absurdly powerful claw smash attack? Or the Super Spirit Bomb? Or will the surprisingly powerful lightning storm attack suffice? Does plenty fine for me.

There's just some missions when I take too much damage or too much going on for me to be everywhere and fix every problem under 15 minutes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Her wave-clearing is nice, but she's so damn slow that she usually takes damage from the "boss" enemies and so I don't get an A rank anyway. I remember one of the "all attacks deal huge damage" missions where you have to kill the captains with her; I just used the bow since her regular attacks are near-worthless for missions like that.

And yeah, some missions are definitely much easier with a second person.

Yeah, I've been playing the heck out of HW on the weekends with my brother. We've been alternating back and forth between the Adventure Map and the Master Quest Map. It's been a lot of fun, especially with a second player since they have the freedom to choose who they want. Some of those Master Quest missions are brutal though.

As for MM, while it's one of my favorite 3D Zelda's, I'll be the first to admit I wasn't too into it when it first came out. The transformations interested me, but the time limit threw me off. Coming off of Ocarina and it's exploration based world as opposed to Majora's Mask where I thought you couldn't have time to explore. I didn't actually play all the way through it until it came out on the Virtual Console a few years ago. Looking at it a second time, I came to love it a whole lot more. While I still feel Wind Waker is the best 3D Zelda, MM easily rose its way to the top for me.

I'm personally excited to see what kind of new content the remake is going to have. In my opinion, Majora's Mask had a lot of interesting ideas in beta that didn't make the game and I find its development an interesting story. I'm curious if we'll get some of the stuff they had in the Japanese version that they took out in the American version (like the extra underground areas to get the magic beans at Deku Palace) in the remake or not. I'd personally think it'd be pretty neat if they put in the Great Fairy cutscenes they had originally planned where Link would have little workouts when he got his new abilities.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

sumguy28 wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the story/characters in Zelda games? I don't mean disliking them, I mean the story just isn't a factor in my assessment of the games.

Here! Over here! I never go into a Zelda game expecting a big story - Zelda games never were about the story to begin with, considering all the stories are basically "Go save the World Link, but make sure to grab these 3/8 Pendants/Stones/MacGuffins before grabbing the Master Sword and then collect some more MacGuffins and then kill this guy". You just change the names for the MacGuffins.
Going into a Zelda game, expecting a great, epic story is like going into a Ice Cream store and expecting them to sell hot Chilli.

And the NPCs are boring. But this isn't a Zelda problem, this is a problem in every game I've played. And I don't care. NPCs are never supposed to be the focus of the game, anyway, so it doesn't matter if they're boring. I've been playing games for a good 20 years now and I have yet to meet an NPC that I gave a big damn about that had witty or interesting, or even funny, dialogue. The only one I sorta cared about was Rachel from FF VI, and that's cause of her connection with Lock.

Quote:
(I only played about 75% of LTTP. Never finished)

I once played LttP about 90% through. Only thing I had left to do was the last Dark World dungeon + the final battle. I didn't play for a week and decided to FORCE myself to finish.

Quote:
I'm personally excited to see what kind of new content the remake is going to have.

I doubt there'll BE new content. Considering Ocarina 3DS had no new content, I don't think Majora 3DS will get anything. Maybe add an option to save any time and not lose a save that isn't resetting time, but other than that, nothing really changing.

C-A

Ocarina had Master Quest as well as a boss rush. While not something significant, I consider that new content. Especially since I never played Master Quest before, it was a nice add-on for me. Considering they were able to practically fit another game into OoT 3DS, it'd be very underwhelming if there was no add-on for MM, and considering Eonuma has been saying there is added content in MM, I doubt there wouldn't be anything new. Also, considering the fact that Nintendo usually has a thing for adding new content into remakes, I'm pretty confident MM will at least be getting something.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Ocarina had Master Quest as well as a boss rush.

Master Quest isn't new, either, considering it was part of the game when it was ported to the Gamecube.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Her wave-clearing is nice, but she's so damn slow that she usually takes damage from the "boss" enemies and so I don't get an A rank anyway. I remember one of the "all attacks deal huge damage" missions where you have to kill the captains with her; I just used the bow since her regular attacks are near-worthless for missions like that.

And yeah, some missions are definitely much easier with a second person.

The answer to all those "all attacks deal huge damage" missions.

That and Sheik, I set up her 'water barrier' spell which gives me a little bit of give since it'll automatically block some small attacks for you.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

CatMuto wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
Ocarina had Master Quest as well as a boss rush.

Master Quest isn't new, either, considering it was part of the game when it was ported to the Gamecube.

C-A

I know, but the fact that it came with Ocarina was enough for me. Besides, having never played Master Quest before, it was a convincing factor for me. The fact that they inverted the world and doubled the damage you took was a nice step up for the challenge factor as well. Granted, they are small changes, but I've never had such a hard time in a first dungeon in Zelda when you don't have a slingshot and Keese are coming from no where and dealing two hearts of damage when you only have three. Definitely made me stay on my toes. Especially against Iron Knuckles.

But to make my point though, considering they had enough room to make an updated Ocarina, slide in another game such as Master Quest into it, as well as have a total of 6 save files, I'm sure there will be plenty of room to put in some bonus content into Majora's Mask. It'd be kind of a waste if they didn't, and considering Nintendo's track record when it comes to remakes, I'm 99% sure they'll be doing something.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

The Chocolateholic of CR

I'm happy that we are finally getting Majora Mask 3D I had a feeling it was going to happen and I was right. And I am soooooo looking forward to Fierce Deity Link in 3D.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Quote:
Granted, they are small changes

Cows. Cows inside Jabu's belly... stuck in the walls. I... I still can't get my head around that. :ron:

C-A

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

So, have you guys seen the new footage from the game awards the other day?

http://youtu.be/G0y4hv62YEw

It looks pretty cool. I'm not at "OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS SO GREAT AAAAAAAAAAA" level of excitement yet, (that usually happens once we see a trailer) but it looks nice so I bet this is going to be cool. I really like the fact that Link (at least at this point) is wearing a slightly different costume, and the Skyward Sword style works really well in HD.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Gettin' Old!

D.A. McCoy wrote:

It looks pretty cool. I'm not at "OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS SO GREAT AAAAAAAAAAA" level of excitement yet, (that usually happens once we see a trailer) but it looks nice so I bet this is going to be cool. I really like the fact that Link (at least at this point) is wearing a slightly different costume, and the Skyward Sword style works really well in HD.

It does look pretty great. Especially love the bit where he leaps off the cliff and uses that parachute to cover the distance. Should be interesting to see when its out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I have to say, the way they made it sound "So how long until we get to that location?" and "Oh still four or five more minutes" is terrible. I hated Wind Waker cause of the slow travelling. If the travelling is gonna be slow, even on Epona horse, I do not look forward to the travelling.
Big world? Okay. Big world with LONG travelling times? Terrible.

C-A

D.A. McCoy wrote:

I like how huge the open world looks especially how big it was in the video yet it wasn't even the full map. His new outfit kinda resembles that of Link in the begining of wind waker. What I found bad ass was when you could leap off the house and shoot your arrows in slow motion. Especially how it easy it is now to use your bow and sword on horseback.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I have to say, the way they made it sound "So how long until we get to that location?" and "Oh still four or five more minutes" is terrible. I hated Wind Waker cause of the slow travelling. If the travelling is gonna be slow, even on Epona horse, I do not look forward to the travelling.
Big world? Okay. Big world with LONG travelling times? Terrible.

C-A

Eh perhaps there will be a fast travel in it. Wind Waker had one, most huge open world games these days do so I wouldn't put it past em.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 24 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station