Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Parasite EveTopic%20Title

stirring

I've only played the first one, but I'm loving it so far. Already about three hours in (about to beat Day 4) and I have to say, this might be one of the shortest RPG-esque games I've ever played. I heard it was 10-15 hours long, but aren't there only six days in the game? At this rate, it seems I'll be done with it in an hour or two.

Anyways, any fans?
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy
Re: Parasite EveTopic%20Title

Hmm... Your stupidity amuses me so....

Trust me when I say that day 5 is the longest day by far. Not to mention it's worth playing through a second time as there's a secret area that becomes available. (Also here's a tip, junk isn't useless as it initially seems. You get a special something if you take enough to Wayne(?) in the firearms room of the police station.)

Also any big fans of the second game? I've become quite addicted to it.
Image Image
:ack: :ka-whip: Firm supporter of the :franny: / :phoenix: pairing. :object: :whip:

stirring

So is Day 5 going to take four hours to do?

No I'd say day 5 takes 5 hours, minimum. 7-9 hours if you do everything. (Fight every battle you can for leveling, and the optional area.) This balances out the fact that day 6 is just the final boss.
Image Image
:ack: :ka-whip: Firm supporter of the :franny: / :phoenix: pairing. :object: :whip:

stirring

.... And here I thought this was going to be a short finish. That certainly makes up for Day 3 being thirty minutes long.

Most concerned citizen out there.

Just be sure to use your Bonus Points wisely!

Spoiler:
Because the Final Battle against Eve is a real pain in the ass once you reach her.

Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

stirring

This spider corpse thing is a pain in the ass. I have his pattern down, yet there always comes that one tiny spot where I accidently screw up my timing, getting stuck in his web while he's readying a fireball and happens to be at point blank range (in which he stabs me, adding to the damage). I keep spending all of my PE points on using the Energy Shot.

I'm level 21, also. Should I get a different strategy (ditch the E shot?) or just level up, because this is getting me nowhere.

YOU'RE ON PUNK

E Shot is the key to almost all the bosses once you get it, at least for me it was. Don't worry too much about levels, the EXP is sort of set to level you up the required amount anyways. You seem about the same level I was at at that point.

I mostly remember for most bosses I ran around and E Shot that thing to death. Just remember that equiping the club really accelerates your PE recovery. So if you need to quickly get your PE back to heal or something, switch to your club and run around. (There's a use for that thing after all!).

I'm currently on an EX Game mode powering up my weapons and armor. I think I'm going to go through it a couple times like this because I so want +999 stats on my weapons and armor so bad :(. I want monsters to die just being in my unholy presence. :((

Hope that helps ya, there's really not much I can do than equip a stronger weapon (rifles are your friend until you get to almost the end of Day 5 successfully get the M8000 handgun). Other guns are just weak and usually just attribute lambs for your main weapon.

I always tell this to people who play PE because they always seem to do this: Don't waste your super tools, they are gold dust. Well, until you get the Super Kit but that's in the secret area only available in EX mode. :P

RonStarwind wrote:
Also any big fans of the second game? I've become quite addicted to it.

Great game, great game. I have to find it again because I need to find that game again so I can play Nightmare mode and get a better ending.

For Great Justice!

I've been playing Parasite Eve 1 on my PSP. Good stuff. The second one is great - played that a lot on the PS1 back in the day of no perfect handheld emulation.

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

Absolutely! I LOVE PE 1! :) Currently playing it myself and on Day 5 (the Museum, my favourite place and Day) doing Junk runs. *A true test of patience there; it can get awfully tedious doing the same thing over and over and....*
I don't like Day 2 (Central Park) and I absolutely HATE Day 3 (I go through those two days as quickly as I possibly can) but I like Day 6 when I can kick Eve's butt! :D
I wasn't really overly interested in PE 2 when it first came out but, when I visited the PE 2 website and read about it, my interest was piqued. For those who have played it, how good is the game and is anything-save for the plot-radically different (or just plain different) from PE 1? (game play, characters, animation sequences, battle method et al)
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

YOU'RE ON PUNK

Overall it's the same deal except it's more RE-eqsue then PE1. The battle system has changed to where you have to get kinda close and then ready your weapon (with R1) and shoot. Plus you don't learn your PE, you unlock them with EXP you get. And you 'buy' weapons and items with bounty points which you get from killing enemies. And you don't level up~ :D (you get more HP/PE via equiping different armor/items).

Those are the major differences, if you don't mind them it's a pretty solid game. Very challenging as well with the differences.

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

Thanks, Trance Machine! I appreciate the info. Edgy Sounds like it's right up my alley. :)
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)

First off, Holy, I wouldn't recomend relying on Energy Shot against the Giant Spider boss, you have haste I would recommend using that. Edit: Although if you really want to use it to save ammo, here's something that will help. Bring a second armor to the fight, and when your PE bar stops, take a couple of turns and switch between the second and back to your primary. This will reset the recovery of the bar.

Second Trance Machina, ah another god weaponist, here's my big gun:

Name: GodRifle
Attack: 443
Range: 306
Clipcapacity: 158
Attributes: Rate of Fire:2
Critical hit percentage up
Triple command
First attack
Burst effect
Cyanide effect
Tranquilizer effect
Image Image

RonStarwind wrote:
First off, Holy, I wouldn't recomend relying on Energy Shot against the Giant Spider boss, you have haste I would recommend using that. Edit: Although if you really want to use it to save ammo, here's something that will help. Bring a second armor to the fight, and when your PE bar stops, take a couple of turns and switch between the second and back to your primary. This will reset the recovery of the bar.

Second Trance Machina, ah another god weaponist, here's my big gun:

Name: GodRifle
Attack: 443
Range: 306
Clipcapacity: 158
Attributes: Rate of Fire:2
Critical hit percentage up
Triple command
First attack
Burst effect
Cyanide effect
Tranquilizer effect

A good weapon choice indeed!

One of the many things I love about PE 1 is the music which, in my opinion, is just plain 1,000 kinds of AWESOME!

The plot for PE 1 is creepy as all get out, too. It's enough to make my skin crawl... Who wants to think of their mitochondria rebelling, releasing all that energy and you-and pretty much everything else, animal or human-going up like a Roman Candle or being twisted all out of shape and redesigned? *shudder* I must say, though, that PE 1 certainly does give the old saying "You're your own worst enemy" quite a scary-and literal!-twist! @_@

I really love the game and enjoy playing it. :)

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that, after Melissa is transformed into Eve and she sings, her voice sounds just a tad off and a little distorted? I take it to mean that since Melissa's body has been taken over and distorted, then her voice is as well to show that she's been taken over by an alien entity and it isn't Melissa anymore. It's kind of odd, to say the least so I'm wondering if anyone else noticed it. It may just be me.
----------------------------------------------------------

Optional Tips for things to do if you so choose that will give you GREAT rewards!

Tip # 1: DO Junk runs! It will be a time-consuming and often times boring enterprise-believe me!-but it will be WELL worth it in the end! All you have to do is fight enemies that drop Junk, collect 300 pieces of Junk and give them to Wayne at N.Y.P.D. Precinct and he will give you a choice of weapons. Choose one for yourself (don't let Wayne do it for you) and he will fashion it into a powerful weapon that you can't collect anywhere else in the game. (I'm partial to the MAG rifle, myself)
If you do choose to do so (and I would highly recommend it), do it BEFORE the story moves along; after a certain point near the end of Day 5 (and before you get into Day 6), you won't be able to do it. The best time would be in the middle of Day 5 before
Spoiler:
the confrontation with Dr. Clamp in his office and both the Triceratops and T-Rex battles. When you go to the Security Office to turn off the alarm, save your game, go to Central Park and begin collecting Junk
you move onto the CG sequenced events). I found the weapon I chose to be a big help in the final battle.
I usually do Junk runs in Day 5 (which is why it takes me so darn long to finish the game but I don't mind. I find the reward to be be equal to the effort!) before the story moves along and high tail it to Central Park to kill crows which drop Junk (you could also kill Chameleons in the Museum but this is touch and go at best. Crows appear more frequently in Central Park than Chameleons in the Museum do) It takes a lot of time but it will be worth the effort. :)

Tip #2: Do the Chrysler Building, collect all 14 of the Rare Trading Cards, bring them back and give them to Wayne and he will give you a great prize in return. Again, it is worth the effort. :^)

Parasite Eve... one and two both great games... Although I like the first one more as second was more like Resident Evil with slightly different theme... Too bad there hasn't been any news on any sequels. I'd like to see more of Aya's adventures.

I would indeed recomend the MAG Rifle as that is what I am using(Heavily customised of course :P)

Anyways EFG did you beat the super boss at the top of the Chrystler building yet.

Also Here's my super armor stats:
Name Superarmor
Defense:396
PEnergy Defense:292
Critical Evasion: 150
Attributes:
HPMax up
Attack up
Auto Med
Auto Cure
PE Light (reduces the amount of the PE bar each spell takes)
Item capacity +4
Resist Poison
Resist Confusion
Resist Paralysis
Resist Darkness
Image Image

stirring

Agh, I'm afraid I won't have time to go through with all of those side-quests. I'm afraid I'm having to speed run this game, as it's on loan from a friend.

RonStarwind wrote:
I would indeed recomend the MAG Rifle as that is what I am using(Heavily customised of course :P)

Anyways EFG did you beat the super boss at the top of the Chrystler building yet.

Not yet. I got to the last floor before the last Boss and I accidentally deleted it. *ARRGGGH!!!!* So, I have to do it all over again, worse luck. I haven't started the Chrysler Building run as of yet but I will in a bit.
@HH: Ahhh.

太多時間

Is this the game where you use telephones as save points?
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.

Yes.

太多時間

Yeah, I remember this game now, but it had been a very long time since I last played though.
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.

EdgeworthFanGirl wrote:
RonStarwind wrote:

Not yet. I got to the last floor before the last Boss and I accidentally deleted it. *ARRGGGH!!!!* So, I have to do it all over again, worse luck. I haven't started the Chrysler Building run as of yet but I will in a bit.
@HH: Ahhh.

I already beat the boss in the Chrysler Building, just to let you know:

Spoiler:
The Boss is a bigger pain in the ass than ALL THE BOSSES combined. Spend as much BP on stats rather than item stock increase and have a worthy weapon with you.

Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station