Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

Diddy Kong Racing DSTopic%20Title

For Great Justice!

I loved the N64 version when I was younger. But this one isn't quite as good for a few small reasons. When I first started the game and tried selecting a character, I felt like crying (lol) when I heard how bad the voice acting is. Why!? It was far better on the N64. As for when you start a race, you have to use the stylus for a fast start. Very annoying when you're holding the DS differently in the first place.

Opinions?
Re: Diddy Kong Racing DSTopic%20Title

Evil Mastermind

Meh, it was okay (emphasis on okay). Not as good as I expected it to be, but it was still sorta fun. I'm really good at the original N64 game, but the controlls on this one are so akward. It doesn't really live up to the original, but to new players who haven't heard of the first one it might be better.

At least, until they find out about it. =(

EDIT: Oh yes, I almost forgot. Don't even get me started on the new Tiny Kong.

Not so tiny anymore, eh Tiny? What the fuck were they thinking making Tiny a teenager?! This is madness! BLASPHEMY!
(9o_o)9 Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I agree. I loved the voice acting and the controls like as how you start races better on the N64. That, and i unlocked Icicle Pyramid on my DS but i can't seem to find out how to play it! overall, i gotta say that i prefer the original to the DS. I mean, the DS one aint that bad, but i loved the N64 one way more.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

stirring

Voice acting? Wasn't that the exact same as in the 64 version? I'm pretty sure, other than the DS-centric features, this was a port.

Anyways, I'm not a fan of mascot racers at all.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Super Tuff Pink Puff

I have play for both simgle and multiplay and I believe that the Nintendo 64 version is better. I hate how they mess with the control for my favorite vehicle, the Hovercraft.

And the new characters for racers almost all disappoint. And I can't the such Pesudo-Tiny Kong that I'm actually offended. I miss her back in her Donkey Kong 64 days. Sadshoe

DJbruce Attorney at Law

I bought this a few days ago. WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO TAJ'S VOICE

Evil Mastermind

ButzPuff wrote:
I hate how they mess with the control for my favorite vehicle, the Hovercraft.

The hovercraft was my favorite vehicle too. Once again: What the fuck were they thinking?! They made turning (especially when it's sharp) a pain in the ass!

DJbruce wrote:
I bought this a few days ago. WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO TAJ'S VOICE

I agree. HE SOUNDS LIKE A PEDO. A FREAKING PEDO. WTF

Holy Hell wrote:
Voice acting? Wasn't that the exact same as in the 64 version?

No, it wasn't. They fucked up too many times on this game. I hate DS Diddy's voice with a passionATE HEART BURNING RED! ... Did I just say that out loud? ^_^;

Holy Hell wrote:
I'm pretty sure, other than the DS-centric features, this was a port.

It's a port alright, it's just that they changed way too many things than needed. A lot of which makes fans of the original furious (like me, for example).

For Great Justice!

Hahah, I totally agree. When I first played the game, I had to restart it about four times so I could pick the character with the least camp-sounding voice. They all ended up sounding really camp, so I ended up picking Diddy. And yes, Taj does sound like a kiddy fiddler.

Indeed, what the fuck were they thinking? It's impossible to get a fast start with the kart/plane. It's a bit easier with the hovercraft as you just blow (wouldn't this look lame for wireless multiplayer?), but it still sucks...

The biggest insult of all, is that unlike the N64 version, if you lose a race, Wizpig personally laughs in your face, and you can't skip the cutscene. I'm sure that wasn't in the N64 version.

Edit: Also, have you gotten to the track editor thing yet? I got to the little tutorial part with TT where you design a track, but it seems really simplistic...

Evil Mastermind

Yeah. I've already made it to Greenwood Forest just like I did on the N64. I've done all of the track creator tutorials. They're okay, but what's the point? It's doesn't let you choose their shape. All you do is draw a line.

One thing I REALLY did not like was changing the Coin Challenges into these balloon tapping things and making the Coin Challenges optional things you can buy. The Coin Challenges were really fun in my opinion.

My last bitch: It seems as if they DOWNGRADED the graphics instead of trying to improve a little or leaving them the way they were.

I know it's been said at least five times already in this topic, but what the heck/hell/fuck were they thinking?!

For Great Justice!

Those pictures of the characters that appear when somebody is attacked get annoying.

Evil Mastermind

Some of them are really creepy.

It's seems as if this thread has turned into "Bitch about Diddy Kong Racing DS!"...

The only good thing I can think of is WiFi, but even that's ruined by players. Either I suck at the game, or everone else has super DKRDS-playing powers that let them pwn me when I'm on.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Also to me, some of the tracks seem slightly altered, cause i can't get my series of boosts on the tracks like I can on the N64... (for example, on Jungle Falls (which I hate how they changed the music....) I can't get my beginning zipper boost followed by the blue balloon unless I go outta my way now!)...It's kinda hard to explain, but thats the best way I can put it.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station