Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

I stalk the 999 group on dA so I see all sorts of cool stuff. Love the signature and avatar there, Midnight. :O

And the Axe Ending is awesome. Look at that look on her face when you do it. It is... I dunno what to call it. The song that accompanies it is one of my favorite tracks on the game.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

The one and only

It's been a while since I've played this game but I can say that it's one of my favourite games and I really hope for a sequel though I can't imagine it being better than this one.
However, I think I've found one contradiction. Like I've said, it's been a while since I've played it but I am sure that something doesn't fit.

Spoiler: MAJOR spoilers
So Ace killed the captain guy. However, if you choose to go through door six, Seven later mentions there was a dead guy in the captain's quarters. There is no way Ace could've killed him as he was in the engine room/cargo hold with Junpei, Akane and Santa. But why is he dead?

c:

I really love this game. I must admit, at first glance, I really didn't think it was going to be that good, but after checking out a few videos I immediately hunted around a few GameStops and grabbed a copy. The story was a bit iffy for me at some parts (like a certain subplot that went nowhere and Tacas's above complaint) but for the most part it was fantastic.

I'm also pretty interested in Theresia, another game by Aksys. Has anyone played/heard of it?

Since the response from this game has pretty good (I think so), I think we will see a sequel. If not a sequel, then more visual novel games being localized. In my May issue of Nintendo Power, they did a whole section on the future of VNs, and it seems pretty promising. The director of 999 was interviewed, and here's what he said:

"In fact, we're planning on releasing a lot of visual novels in the future with localization in mind. I hope you'll forward to them!"

Yay!

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Franziska's Whip wrote:
I'm also pretty interested in Theresia, another game by Aksys. Has anyone played/heard of it?

Heard of it, yes, played it, no. It definitely caught my eye, though, so one of these days... :damon:

Totally not my sig...

Tacas wrote:
It's been a while since I've played this game but I can say that it's one of my favourite games and I really hope for a sequel though I can't imagine it being better than this one.
However, I think I've found one contradiction. Like I've said, it's been a while since I've played it but I am sure that something doesn't fit.

So Ace killed the captain guy. However, if you choose to go through door six, Seven later mentions there was a dead guy in the captain's quarters. There is no way Ace could've killed him as he was in the engine room/cargo hold with Junpei, Akane and Santa. But why is he dead?

Spoiler: Sort-of-Answer
That's the Safe/Knife ending, right? Well, the hint is that Clover ends up with the Captain's note in the Safe Ending, so the obvious answer is that Clover killed him. It's a bit implausible, to think she did so without Seven or Lotus noticing. Plus she seems pretty normal in those endings, not the kind of person to kill him for his 0 bracelet. The only thing I can think of is that she somehow knew that he was the one who orchestrated the Nonary Game, in which case it doesn't seem that far-fetched to think she murdered him... but how could she, without the note in the safe which she only found later? It doesn't make sense that she recognized him somehow, as she didn't recognize Ace either.

Well, here's my personal headcanon. Zero wanted the four perpetrators to confess to and atone for their crimes, right? I think Clover rushed into the room ahead of the others and the Captain confessed to her, thinking he'd be let off and not knowing she was one of the kids he abducted. Maybe he even showed her the note, makes more sense than her searching his body in crazy mode, I think. She knows it's partly his fault her brother died, goes crazy, picks up the axe, bam. Well, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but the evidence points to Clover having killed him...

Favourite music: Recollection (i.e. Submarine Ending), Chill and Rigor (i.e. Safe Ending/Axe Ending), Morphogenetic Sorrow (i.e. True Ending). Couldn't really care about the rest of the OST, but those three tracks just... make me tear up a little.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Tacas wrote:

Spoiler: Sort-of-Answer
That's the Safe/Knife ending, right? Well, the hint is that Clover ends up with the Captain's note in the Safe Ending, so the obvious answer is that Clover killed him. It's a bit implausible, to think she did so without Seven or Lotus noticing. Plus she seems pretty normal in those endings, not the kind of person to kill him for his 0 bracelet. The only thing I can think of is that she somehow knew that he was the one who orchestrated the Nonary Game, in which case it doesn't seem that far-fetched to think she murdered him... but how could she, without the note in the safe which she only found later? It doesn't make sense that she recognized him somehow, as she didn't recognize Ace either.

Well, here's my personal headcanon. Zero wanted the four perpetrators to confess to and atone for their crimes, right? I think Clover rushed into the room ahead of the others and the Captain confessed to her, thinking he'd be let off and not knowing she was one of the kids he abducted. Maybe he even showed her the note, makes more sense than her searching his body in crazy mode, I think. She knows it's partly his fault her brother died, goes crazy, picks up the axe, bam. Well, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but the evidence points to Clover having killed him...

Favourite music: Recollection (i.e. Submarine Ending), Chill and Rigor (i.e. Safe Ending/Axe Ending), Morphogenetic Sorrow (i.e. True Ending). Couldn't really care about the rest of the OST, but those three tracks just... make me tear up a little.

Spoiler:
I agree with you, MJ... that seems pretty plausible. And don't forget, Clover could've had some sort of morphogenetic resonance at that moment in time in answer to your first paragraph. But you pretty much summed it up though. It makes sense in my head. D:

And I loved Morphogenetic Sorrow, Digital Root, Ternary Game, and Quietus (Axe Ending). I just like how they related to the situation at hand...
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Midnight Jasper wrote:

Really? I find at least a few of the "Game" tracks excellent. Ternary Game for sure, as well as Binary Game, Quinary Game and Septenary Game. Apart from those, I really enjoy Riddle and Puzzle and Who is Zero?

It's true, though, if more ambient music isn't your thing, you probably won't like much of this soundtrack.

Totally not my sig...

c:

I think my favorite tracks were Quietus, Chill and Rigor, and Morphogenetic Sorrow. Really, though, the entire soundtrack was fantastic in setting the mood.

Loved this game, but the ending was pretty sad, in a way.
Spoiler: True ending
It's a shame that Junpei's going to waste his whole life chasing after June. Especially since, according to the writer, he's never going to find her...

Quietus is definitely my favourite track.

c:

mai wrote:
Loved this game, but the ending was pretty sad, in a way.
Spoiler: True ending
It's a shame that Junpei's going to waste his whole life chasing after June. Especially since, according to the writer, he's never going to find her...

Spoiler:
I agree, I wish Junpei didn't end up chasing her, especially considering I'm not much a fan of June in the first place xP I guess endings like this are what fanon's for.

The other music sort of creeped me out too much for me to really like, aheh. I shouldn't have played the majority of this game at night...

Spoiler: Mindbendy question, True Ending spoilers
So... say 9-year-old June escaped safely from the incinerator and wandered the world with Santa. What if she didn't realize that she was the one who set in motion the events of the second Nonary Game, and made the link with Junpei possible? What if, instead of spending the next 9 years of her life devoted to creating the second Game, she just... didn't do that? Would she just have died in the incinerator? Were there many different 'endings' where June failed to replicate the second Nonary Game, just as Junpei failed to complete it?

I find June sympathetic, because in my view she was forced to recreate the Nonary Game. Maybe she didn't want to kill the 9th man or endanger innocents, but she saw herself doing so through Junpei's eyes in the future and so was forced to so that she could secure the fact of her own existence. I don't feel June is the ruthless, driven killer as portrayed in the FAQ, but rather she saw that not becoming that person would lead to her death.

But, well, there seems to be a kind of problem with that line of reasoning. June only recreated the Nonary Game because she saw herself recreating it... then who really did make the decision to recreate the Nonary Game? All this time loop stuff messes with my head.

Offtopic, but Franziska's Whip, where d'you get your signature from? It's beautiful <3

Ya'll don't know 'bout my magatama

I thought the writer later said that was a joke? :eh?:

Midnight Jasper wrote:
So... say 9-year-old June escaped safely from the incinerator and wandered the world with Santa. What if she didn't realize that she was the one who set in motion the events of the second Nonary Game, and made the link with Junpei possible? What if, instead of spending the next 9 years of her life devoted to creating the second Game, she just... didn't do that? Would she just have died in the incinerator? Were there many different 'endings' where June failed to replicate the second Nonary Game, just as Junpei failed to complete it?

I find June sympathetic, because in my view she was forced to recreate the Nonary Game. Maybe she didn't want to kill the 9th man or endanger innocents, but she saw herself doing so through Junpei's eyes in the future and so was forced to so that she could secure the fact of her own existence. I don't feel June is the ruthless, driven killer as portrayed in the FAQ, but rather she saw that not becoming that person would lead to her death.

But, well, there seems to be a kind of problem with that line of reasoning. June only recreated the Nonary Game because she saw herself recreating it... then who really did make the decision to recreate the Nonary Game? All this time loop stuff messes with my head.

Spoiler: Mindbendy Answer; Endings spoilers
If she didn't set up the second Nonary Game, then yes, she would've died in the Incinerator/drowned. The bad endings, the Axe, Sub, and Knife endings, it's assumed that because Junpei never got to door 9 and found the incinerator/last puzzle, June died. The Safe Ending definitely foreshadows that idea.
According to the writer, Juna became a very manipulative and revenge-filled person after the events of the first Nonary Game, so she used her living brother, Santa, to set up a new Nonary Game to save herself and get revenge on Ace.

c:

Midnight Jasper wrote:

Offtopic, but Franziska's Whip, where d'you get your signature from? It's beautiful <3

Spoiler: True Ending
Ugu...well honestly I'm going to need to play through the true ending again just to completely wrap my head around it all, but I think she would've been killed. After all, no second Nonary Game, no Junpei to figure out the Sudoku puzzle of doom. I don't really see how she would've escaped from the incinerator, though, considering she didn't seem to have any idea what the puzzle was or how to solve it. She needed Junpei for it, or she would die.

I honestly don't like June very much at all, but I agree with you when it comes to her being sympathetic. I think she might be ruthless as the FAQ says, but honestly, who wouldn't be to save themselves from burning alive in an incinerator? If her excuse was as pathetic as Ace's, I might not have the same view, but she was just a child who wanted to save herself.

Now this part I don't understand, either...the time loop drives me crazy every time I try to make sense of it.

I believe I found it on tumblr, but it was originally on pixiv. Here's the full image: http://i.imgur.com/I0PgV.jpg
I collected quite a bit of very nice fanart for Trauma Center today so now I have a folder full of pretty pictures c:

Moving on up!

I might see if our GameStop has this. I just finished playing the demo and my interest is piqued.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

My very first visual novel game. It was incredibly mind blowing, especially once I got the true ending, and I was like "what?" "how did... " "no way!" almost the entire time. My favorite endings would have to be the true, safe, and axe. The axe was the scariest, probably because I also played it at night.

c:

^ I agree with your favorite endings, especially with that one part in the safe ending:

Spoiler: Safe ending
I loved the part where Snake completely loses it in the incinerator. Seeing him take down Ace for killing Clover was just AWESOME.

What ending did everyone get first? I got Submarine 8D

Franziska's Whip wrote:
^ I agree with your favorite endings, especially with that one part in the safe ending:

Spoiler: Safe ending
I loved the part where Snake completely loses it in the incinerator. Seeing him take down Ace for killing Clover was just AWESOME.

What ending did everyone get first? I got Submarine 8D

I thought that scene was awesome too! That's why I love the safe ending.

Submarine was also my first ending. I literally thought that was the end of the game and I was like "What?! What just happened?" I didn't know there were actually five endings total, not including coffin.

Axe ending first. Totally creeped me out for the rest of the game, and I tried to avoid Clover like the plague in subsequen playthrouhgs :P
And all because I refused one of Santa's little presents...

Coffin was my first ending. I was pretty confused at first, until I realized that there were multiple endings.

mai wrote:
Coffin was my first ending. I was pretty confused at first, until I realized that there were multiple endings.

Wow, coffin on your first try? That's pretty cool. It took me many playthroughs to get to the true ending. I had to look it up on GameFaqs since I kept getting the same endings over and over again.

c:

Coffin is such a troll...I knew what it was and I went out of my way to make sure I didn't waste a playthrough on it. It's pretty awesome to get it on your first try, though. Most people get an ending like Submarine or Knife first.

The one and only

I had the knife one first. Many people say that submarine is the worst but I was all like
Spoiler: Knife & Submarine ending
"Hey, Akane allows me to call her Kanny! This has to be the true ending!" Then I got stabbed. In the submarine ending, you kind of already know that it's going to be a bad end so it's not as shocking anymore.
But that's just me and I can understand people who say the submarine one is the worst, I just don't share their opinion.

And I'm reeeeally glad I never had the Coffin ending.

I never did get the coffin ending, since I got the safe before attempting to get the true one. And you're right, coffin is a major troll.

Also, the knife ending was just boring. >_>

Well, I got a bit lucky, to be honest.
Spoiler: How I got the Coffin ending
I chose the doors I went through purely based on the characters I wanted to go with: first was door 4, because I was interested in the relationship between June and Junpei; then 7, because I didn't want to go with Lotus (I didn't like her at first...), and then 1 because I wanted to know the rest of Clover's backstory. I never would've guessed that was the right combination to get the True ending!

Submarine was my second, and I didn't like it at all. It was so depressing ;_;

Moving on up!

I traded in some games to get this and I'm hoping to finish it quickly so I can discuss it and indulge in spoilers.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

c:

mai wrote:
I chose the doors I went through purely based on the characters I wanted to go with: first was door 4, because I was interested in the relationship between June and Junpei; then 7, because I didn't want to go with Lotus (I didn't like her at first...), and then 1 because I wanted to know the rest of Clover's backstory. I never would've guessed that was the right combination to get the True ending!

Haha, you're like me. My first playthrough, I went through 5 because...I dunno I'm demented like that. Then I really liked Seven so I tried to tag along with him xD Santa and Junpei actually tie for my favorite right now, though.

I liked Submarine, but maybe I just have an attachment to it because it was my first ending. :B

Lunaria42 wrote:
I traded in some games to get this and I'm hoping to finish it quickly so I can discuss it and indulge in spoilers.

Yay! I hope you enjoy it! c:

By the way...

Spoiler: True ending route
Did you guys notice that that one preview you unlock after the safe ending shows doors 4, 7, and 1 in it?

mai wrote:

It's good that you went through the doors because of your interest in certain characters.

Spoiler: Getting the Sub Ending
I chose door 4 mainly because I didn't feel too comfortable with the whole blood scene beyond door 5. Then I chose door 3 because of my curiousity and automatically door 2, leading straight to the sub ending. And yeah, sub was a bit depressing and it left me with a whole lot of questions.

Franziska's Whip wrote:

By the way...

Spoiler: True ending route
Did you guys notice that that one preview you unlock after the safe ending shows doors 4, 7, and 1 in it?

Hmm, I don't remember. I'm gonna have to check that. Now where's my ds?

Ace Nobody

I got either Axe or Knife. Don't remember. Which is which.

The coffin ending preview gives you the doors to the safe ending, and the safe ending preview gives you the doors to the true ending. I was pretty peeved that after all of my hard work and deduction they just flat-out gave you the answer like that >.<

c:

Professor_Wright wrote:
I got either Axe or Knife. Don't remember. Which is which.

Spoiler: Axe and Knife ending
Axe is the one where Clover kills you and Knife is the one where you find Lotus dead and then get stabbed.

Midnight Jasper wrote:
The coffin ending preview gives you the doors to the safe ending, and the safe ending preview gives you the doors to the true ending. I was pretty peeved that after all of my hard work and deduction they just flat-out gave you the answer like that >.<

Well, in their defense, some players are slow and didn't notice until after they had finished the true ending. Like me. :^D

Midnight Jasper wrote:

I never really noticed that. I thought it was just an extra preview or something. O_o

Moving on up!

I just beat it and I got the Axe ending.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Lunaria42 wrote:

Urgh, I hated it when I got that ending at 12 in the morning :beef:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Moving on up!

Blak The Great wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

Urgh, I hated it when I got that ending at 12 in the morning :beef:

I thought I was making all the right decisions too.

Spoiler:
I wanted to spare Akane/June from seeing that corpse.

I though it would be a bad idea to choose a room no one else did, so I avoided three and went with 7 because I thought Seven and I made a good team.

I figured going with room 1 on A deck would good since it's near the top and hopefully closer to freedom.

Nope, axe in the back.

Lunaria42 wrote:

Ha ha haaaa, NICE! :redd:

I'm sure that made a great impression, I only got the Knife ending first.
Spoiler:
Scariest image in the game, right there. That and Junpei's look of complete horror/breakdown immediately prior. Also the best "bad ending" for sure (not counting the Safe ending).

Totally not my sig...

Moving on up!

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

Ha ha haaaa, NICE! :redd:

I'm sure that made a great impression, I only got the Knife ending first.
Spoiler:
Scariest image in the game, right there. That and Junpei's look of complete horror/breakdown immediately prior. Also the best "bad ending" for sure (not counting the Safe ending).

Spoiler:
It's burned in my brain.

Honestly, I had the same idea that Clover did at the beginning. I didn't see why they didn't take the 9th man's bracelet to help them get through doors.

Lunaria42 wrote:

Spoiler:

I though it would be a bad idea to choose a room no one else did, so I avoided three and went with 7 because I thought Seven and I made a good team.

I figured going with room 1 on A deck would good since it's near the top and hopefully closer to freedom.

Nope, axe in the back.

Spoiler:
Huh, but you DID make the right decisions... I assume you didn't get the clover leaf from Santa in room 4?

Moving on up!

mai wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

Spoiler:

Nope, axe in the back.

Spoiler:
Huh, but you DID make the right decisions... I assume you didn't get the clover leaf from Santa in room 4?

Spoiler:
I guess not. I don't remember getting a clover leaf at all.

Lunaria42 wrote:

Spoiler: Axe End
That ending freaked me out the most, especially since I played it at night. I nearly jumped the moment Clover chopped his arm. Bleck! I just knew she was up to something, but I never guessed she would axe me (Junpei) in the end. Good luck with your next ending.
Page 2 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station