Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 7 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

OBJECTION!

I didnt know they were working on a new 3DS - interesting.
I'll wait and see what thats like then.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Jack Lamber wrote:
@samboo1: Unfortunatly no :(
But.. I heard that Nintendo is working on a new version of the 3DS already, because it haven't sold as well as they'd hoped. Perhaps they believe that the region lock(ing?) is the issue, so the new 3DS might be region free? It's plausible, at the very least.

Nintendo has dismissed internet reports that a new redesigned 3DS is in the works as "rumour and speculation".

Question about the safe ending:

Spoiler:
When Ace and Snake got trapped in the incinerator, why didn't the sudoku puzzle rise up from the ground, like it did with Junpei and Akane? Supposedly, if it did, Ace would know how to solve it.

Blah!

samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:
When Ace and Snake got trapped in the incinerator, why didn't the sudoku puzzle rise up from the ground, like it did with Junpei and Akane? Supposedly, if it did, Ace would know how to solve it.

Spoiler:
I can't remember what made the Sudoku puzzle appear... it's been too long since I was at the True ending. But whatever was done to make the puzzle appear did not happen during the Safe ending. Did it appear after activating the RED next to the q door?

I see that all the characters are new, but those are definitely watches and that's definitely a 9 door. I wonder what they'll do to make it different from 999...

I will definitely be getting a 3DS at some point, but there are two reasons I don't get one now:
1. Ocarina of Time 3DS is the only game out right now that I am interested in.
2. I have plenty of other games in my queue of games to play.

I will likely get one after a few more games I'm interested in come out (probably for Christmas, since it seems more games will come out by then), unless Nintendo does reveal a new design that's significantly different enough to wait for. I know that they are denying it now, but they wouldn't want to confirm it either, as the current 3DS's sales would seriously drop, despite the price slash. I'm not saying that they are making a new design, but might as well wait a little longer seeing how few games I'm interested in right now.

samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The sudoku puzzle appeared when Akane had left the room right? And 9 years earlier, the same thing happened when Ace was on the other side of the door? If I remember things correctly that is. But if that's the case, I would say that someone would have to activate it by pressing a button or something? So Ace made it appear right after telling Akane that she had a chance to save her life, and then June made it appear 9 years later after she had run off?

Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Jack Lamber wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The sudoku puzzle appeared when Akane had left the room right? And 9 years earlier, the same thing happened when Ace was on the other side of the door? If I remember things correctly that is. But if that's the case, I would say that someone would have to activate it by pressing a button or something? So Ace made it appear right after telling Akane that she had a chance to save her life, and then June made it appear 9 years later after she had run off?

Spoiler:
Yeah I guess that's the only explanation. It must have to be triggered by someone else.

I love this thread! Oh yeah, samboo1, when you chose to pick up 999 again later this week...
Spoiler:
go through door 3 again.. the dialouge in there is a bit more interesting, now that you know everything :)

Jack Lamber wrote:
I love this thread! Oh yeah, samboo1, when you chose to pick up 999 again later this week...
Spoiler:
go through door 3 again.. the dialouge in there is a bit more interesting, now that you know everything :)

I shall do :P

I was just raiding the 999 website, and decided to play the demo (I don't know why), but it's different...I'm glad they stuck to how it was made, and didn't put June in the same room as Junpei. I don't like it! :grey:

I played the demo and still bought the game for some reason :D
Ah, it was okay.. but it made me wonder when that Akane girl would show up in the actual game. I suppose she just appeared that early in the demo, so that players could get the idea of the whole "escape the room with several other people" gameplay :)

Blah!

We have a trailer for the next game!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/24/th ... -chunsoft/

I'd say that the music, watches, 9 door, and 9 hour countdown show that this is some kind of sequel to 999. (EDIT: And how could I forget the kidnapper?) Of course, none of the characters are the same (unless that's an older Clover...), but it wouldn't make sense for the same people in the nonary game in 999 to play the game (or a variation of it, as this one appears to be) again anyway.

I would be sad if they didn't link this new game to 999, but I don't expect it to require the player to have played 999 in order to understand the story.

In any case, I definitely can't wait for this game to come out! I am sure they'll localize it after the success in the United States.

It may take two years though... oh well. Better to have a quality game and translation rather than have it rushed, right? I'll definitely have a 3DS by then, at least. (it's being developed for the Vita as well, by the way)

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

I know we're all hyperventilating over this sequel, but...it's time for something completely different. :redd:

999 HEAVILY Abridged. It's hilarious. Trust me. :hobohodo:

Totally not my sig...

OBJECTION!

I bet it will link to 999 in someway - how can it not?
Multiple playthroughs anyone? Would be good symetry if there are 9 endings :D
Not sure about the 3D art all the way through. I liked 999's simple, yet expressive sprite art. Maybe it'll be a mix.

So my friend finally got the True ending and she came up with a good question.
Spoiler:
The only way to take the numbered bracelets off is to get out of Building Q or if your heart rate reaches 0. We can assume that the bracelets detect the wearer's pulse through their wrist, then. So here's the question: what about Snake? His left arm is fake. The bracelet shouldn't be able to detect any pulse at all. How come the bracelet stays on his wrist, then?
The only answer I can come up with is that June knew about Snake's prosthetic arm, and made it so his bracelet would never fall off unless he escaped Building Q. Besides, it is hinted that Snake might have been allies with June and Santa (since he told Junpei Akane had died when she had not), so Snake's bracelet being different from the others might have been part of that.
It still bothers me that this was not addressed in the game, though.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I didnt understand that either. Maybe Snake just removed his arm?

Blah!

Spoiler:
It seems that it would have been due to him being in league with Akane and Aoi. If not, I'm sure they knew of his prosthetic anyway and made him a special case.

Also, he may not want to have advertised his advantage, in case people would fight over it. Wasn't something like that in the dialogue when he took his arm off to get through one of the 9 doors?

That abridged video is HILARIOUS. It also doesn't spoil anything if you've played the game up to the point of the first numbered door decision.

mai wrote:
Spoiler:
The only way to take the numbered bracelets off is to get out of Building Q or if your heart rate reaches 0. We can assume that the bracelets detect the wearer's pulse through their wrist, then. So here's the question: what about Snake? His left arm is fake. The bracelet shouldn't be able to detect any pulse at all. How come the bracelet stays on his wrist, then?
The only answer I can come up with is that June knew about Snake's prosthetic arm, and made it so his bracelet would never fall off unless he escaped Building Q. Besides, it is hinted that Snake might have been allies with June and Santa (since he told Junpei Akane had died when she had not), so Snake's bracelet being different from the others might have been part of that.

Spoiler:
As we all know, Snake has been more well informed than any of the other players from the very beginning. That doesn't necesseraly mean that he is in on Aoi/Akane's plan, but just like the other secrets he know of, he keeps them to himself unless he finds himself in a position where revealing them is necessary. So I think he knew something was off with his bracelet, but didn't mention it to the others, as it would cast suspicion on him.

A couple of questions!

Spoiler:
1. The first puzzle. Suppose Junpei panicked and didn't end up solving the puzzle. I'm under the impression that he was never supposed to die, yet the room was filling with water. Should it seem that Junpei wasn't going to solve it, what do you think would have happened? I guess the demo version of this would make more sense in that way, since Akane could help him. I know it was an easy puzzle, but imagine if that was you. Water filling the room...pressure...There's a good chance you wouldn't solve it before it filled up.

2. I've been reading so many things about who was involved and stuff, so it's getting confusing. Who exactly knew the the true aim of the Nonary Game? Akane and Santa, obviously. That's all I would think, but I've seen mentions of others too. This confuses me. They were all an act to fool Junpei, or something?

Also, something interesting. I was reading 999 wiki, and apparently Snake's japanese name of 'Nirusu' can be roughly translated to Niles. This makes me laugh due to the similarity of character with Miles Edgeworth haha. :will:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Jack Lamber wrote:
mai wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
As we all know, Snake has been more well informed than any of the other players from the very beginning. That doesn't necesseraly mean that he is in on Aoi/Akane's plan, but just like the other secrets he know of, he keeps them to himself unless he finds himself in a position where revealing them is necessary. So I think he knew something was off with his bracelet, but didn't mention it to the others, as it would cast suspicion on him.

Me thinks you're close but perhaps oh so far.

Who's to say that the pulse monitor isn't a part of the bomb itself?
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

Wooster wrote:
Jack Lamber wrote:
mai wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Me thinks you're close but perhaps oh so far.

Who's to say that the pulse monitor isn't a part of the bomb itself?

I was thinking the same thing. You mean that instead of the bracelet measuring heart rate through the wrist, the bomb, which is inside them, is measuring heart rate internally, right? That makes sense.
Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.

But it was explained that they never had bombs inside of them, right? Only the Cradle Pharmaceutical guys had them.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler:
No, only the Cradle guys ever blew up. That's different then only the Cradle guys had the bombs. That does not mean that there were not bombs in the rest. It's suspected that only the Cradle folk have the bombs, but no one knew for sure.

... and no one is interested in testing said theory.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Blah!

Spoiler:
I thought after escaping, they were able to open up the watches after they fell off and discovered that none of the electronics looked like a detonator...

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
That's what I thought too. No one apart from the CP guys had anything dangerous inside them.

Ok, so I have some more questions (in addition to the few I asked above on this page, which never got answered! :()

Spoiler:
In the engine room with Santa and June, if you examine the stairs, Santa says something about the stairs width and height being perfect for Clover. When you ask him what he's talking about, he changes topic and doesn't want to answer. Anyone shef some light on this? It's not clear to me.

Also, it's clear that Ace would have already known the answers to the puzzles, since he was part of who designed them. Since he is such a lying bastard, I can believe this with him. However, since Snake and Clover had also already played the game before, shouldn't they have a clue of the answers too? This sort of builds on my previous question of asking who exactly was acting, and who knew true aims and stuff.

samboo1 wrote:
Ok, so I have some more questions (in addition to the few I asked above on this page, which never got answered! :()

Spoiler:
In the engine room with Santa and June, if you examine the stairs, Santa says something about the stairs width and height being perfect for Clover. When you ask him what he's talking about, he changes topic and doesn't want to answer. Anyone shef some light on this? It's not clear to me.

Also, it's clear that Ace would have already known the answers to the puzzles, since he was part of who designed them. Since he is such a lying bastard, I can believe this with him. However, since Snake and Clover had also already played the game before, shouldn't they have a clue of the answers too? This sort of builds on my previous question of asking who exactly was acting, and who knew true aims and stuff.

Spoiler:
A) Clover + skirt + stairs + perfect angle = immature joke. (I hate the fact that I picked up on that one.)
B) Clover and Snake kept it a secret that they knew the rooms, probably so that they wouldn't cast suspicion on themselves. Of course, with Snake being blind, he probably had some trouble remembering and solving everything, and perhaps they had some other numbers in the first Nonary game, so they actually didn't know the rooms they entered in the second. Just my thoughts :)

Last edited by Jack Lamber on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@samboo1: I'll try to answer them!
Spoiler:
1. About what if Junpei hadn't solved the first puzzle... well, he and Akane (nine years ago) would have died, I guess.
2. Seven's memories contradict what actually happened: he told Junpei Akane died, but she obviously lived (if she hadn't, she wouldn't be there). Snake also tells Junpei that Akane died. Uchikoshi says that Seven's memories might have been tampered with, and that Snake was in the know about June's plan.
3. It's a joke. Santa wanted Clover to walk up and down the stairs to see her panties!
This is actually a reeeally subtle bit of foreshadowing. Santa tells Junpei to go get Clover... while June is in the same room. Why doesn't he tell June to walk up the stairs instead of Clover (who is in another room)? Because they're siblings, obviously!
4. Snake couldn't reveal too much, as he stated before. If he immediately knew all the answers to the puzzles, it'd be really suspicious. As for Clover... well, perhaps she didn't remember all of them, and she probably didn't visit every room in the first Nonary Game either. And you only get to team up with her twice, and that's after she saw "Snake's" corpse. She was understandably depressed. She probably didn't give a damn about the puzzles.

EDIT: Oh darn, semi-ninja'd. Oh well!

>:D!
Your answers were better though :sadshoe:

Thanks guys! Fast replies :D

Spoiler:
I feel like a total noob for not getting the pervy Clover reference now! I thought it had some deep story meaning that I was missing out on. :bellboy: Good point with the sibling thing there, Mai. Interesting looking back on things like that. I also realised if you examine a light in the first class suite, Snake starts getting really confused because you mention 'Light', a reference to his old Nonary Game name.

As for the rest of my questions, I guess they were pretty obvious actually. I hate how there's more and more people who seemed to be in on the plan. I feel sorry for Junpei! I'm torn about saying whether or not it was all for a good cause.

samboo1 wrote:
Spoiler:
I hate how there's more and more people who seemed to be in on the plan. I feel sorry for Junpei! I'm torn about saying whether or not it was all for a good cause.

Spoiler:
I know what you mean! In the Q&A, the creator says that Seven either had his memory altered, or that he was in on it too, but I chose to believe in the first one, so that it wasn't that many people who was in on the plan. Also, as far as I remember, Snake never said he was in on it either but... he was there 9 years ago. Of course, it was pretty late in the game that June's real name was revealed to everyone, but it's still hard to believe that he wouldn't know anything about the plan.

EDIT: Another problem surfaced!

Spoiler:
If Snake and Clover knew how to solve most of the original Nonary Game, isn't it weird that they didn't at least try to tell the ninth man that he would die if he entered door 5 alone? Of course, he could have entered the door anyway, since Ace convinced him that the rules had changed, but they wouldn't know that.

Blah!

Spoiler:
Perhaps they were in too much of a shock to tell the 9th man that he would die. Or they didn't try to convince him since he was clearly desperate.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I feel bad as I didnt get the Clover reference at first either.
I also noticed a part in a YT video I totally missed - if you examine the bed in the first class suite, Snake says:
I couldnt help but notice your interest in the bed. Perhaps we could spend some time on it... together.
Junpei: Wha...?! That is not a mental image I want! Don't say things like that!
XD That made me LOL :D
Also Jack, that is a good point about the 9th Man. I'm not convinced that was actually part of the plan.

Jack Lamber wrote:
EDIT: Another problem surfaced!

Spoiler:
If Snake and Clover knew how to solve most of the original Nonary Game, isn't it weird that they didn't at least try to tell the ninth man that he would die if he entered door 5 alone? Of course, he could have entered the door anyway, since Ace convinced him that the rules had changed, but they wouldn't know that.

Spoiler:
Well, think about what happened. The 9th man told Ace and Clover to identify, then pushed Clover away and went through door 5. Neither Snake nor Clover (who was being restrained at the moment) had enough time to tell him. They didn't know he was planning to go through the door by himself (they probably thought he was going to make Ace and Clover go with him). By the time they knew what he was actually doing, the 9th man had already gone through the door.

All good points :hobohodo:
Spoiler:
I guess it makes sense that Clover and Snake didn't know that he would go through the door alone. And seeing as Snake is blind, he probably discovered what the 9th man was up to, a little later than everybody else. But it still seems weird that Clover didn't even yell "wait" or something, you know? (Junpei did yell something though, so perhaps Clover thought Junpei knew of the game's rules and tried to stop the 9th man, so she didn't have to. Also, perhaps the shock had made Clover a little puzzled about the whole situation.
But then what about when the 9th man had already entered the door and it had closed? Why didn't anyone who knew of the first Nonary Game (besides Ace, June and Santa) panic and try to make him get out of there somehow? I only see two possibilities right now:
a) They already knew the 9th man wasn't to save, so they just kept quiet, so it wouldn't seem like they knew what was going to happen. Of course, both of them must have felt an urge to try and help the 9th man, but they knew that they couldn't so they wouldn't even try.
b) The 9th man had a knife, and had already threatened one of the persons once. He was dangerous, and although neither Snake or Clover wanted to see him dead, they were too scared to try and get him out of there. What if they somehow succeeded? Then they would have a person among them that they knew could betray them.

Jack Lamber wrote:
All good points :hobohodo:
Spoiler:
I guess it makes sense that Clover and Snake didn't know that he would go through the door alone. And seeing as Snake is blind, he probably discovered what the 9th man was up to, a little later than everybody else. But it still seems weird that Clover didn't even yell "wait" or something, you know? (Junpei did yell something though, so perhaps Clover thought Junpei knew of the game's rules and tried to stop the 9th man, so she didn't have to. Also, perhaps the shock had made Clover a little puzzled about the whole situation.
But then what about when the 9th man had already entered the door and it had closed? Why didn't anyone who knew of the first Nonary Game (besides Ace, June and Santa) panic and try to make him get out of there somehow? I only see two possibilities right now:
a) They already knew the 9th man wasn't to save, so they just kept quiet, so it wouldn't seem like they knew what was going to happen. Of course, both of them must have felt an urge to try and help the 9th man, but they knew that they couldn't so they wouldn't even try.
b) The 9th man had a knife, and had already threatened one of the persons once. He was dangerous, and although neither Snake or Clover wanted to see him dead, they were too scared to try and get him out of there. What if they somehow succeeded? Then they would have a person among them that they knew could betray them.

Spoiler:
I think both could be likely. I believe that Clover was most likely ina state of shock after being held at knife point, and I agree that snake may have been a little delayed in realising what was going on. As for them knowing about it...they have a good motive not for saying anything, however they didn't know about Ace did they? Or so they say? I can't tell who's telling the truth in this game!

@grim_tales: It's weird because I've never got that bed quote between Junpei and Snake. I've examined the only bed in the entire first class suite, and always get a quote about how Clover wants a princess canopy bed like it, and Junpei being surprised.

As for the 9th Man's demise not being part of the plan, I think it was. It is said somewhere that Ace was used as a pawn, and that Zero knew how he would react when he saw his previous colleagues. It may not have been planned in that specific way maybe, but probably sooner or later it would have happened anyway.

OBJECTION!

@samb001:
The video was a fandub but the dialogue was definitely there on screen. Maybe I'll play that room again and try it. Also, I have another question (cant remember if it was answered):

Spoiler:
Who closed the freezer door in the kitchen? It must have been planned (it was a puzzle for Junpei) but Santa/June couldnt have done it, since they were in there also. Lotus was acting aloof and said she didnt do it - was it done by remote or something in the 1st Nonary Game?

:D

Spoiler:
There was probably some sort of sensor in the room that triggered some mechanism in the door, making it close behind them. The "freezer" was just another room to test the kids abilities to send/receive information to each other. So yeah, planned by June and Santa just because it happened in the first Nonary Game.. at least that's how I think it is :)

Blah!

About that line...
Spoiler:
The line between Snake and Junpei does happen when you examine the bed in the first class suite several times, but you have to be looking at the piano (the bed is partly visible on the right). Dialogue for an object can be different when viewed at a different angle.

And the 9th man was definitely put there on purpose so Ace would betray him. The 9th man was most open to suggestion (seeing how nervous and scared he was) and he was put in a position where he would be the most dangerous to the game (having a 9 watch).

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I just saw the movie Triangle - anyone seen it?
Good movie, in some parts I was really reminded of 999 :D

Spoiler:
Strangers on an old fashioned liner.. not sure why they got there, use of "time loops", the right "path" has to be chosen to escape.... also it made me wonder what 999 would have been like if Junpei himself had been crazy and become the bad guy in one ending......

Just a random passerby

Great Game.

Though, was I the only one who was freaked out
Spoiler:
about that visual of Ace with the huge bloodshot eye peeking through the door

Blah!

rydus65 wrote:
Great Game.

Though, was I the only one who was freaked out