Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 6 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

samboo1 wrote:
Yeah I see what you mean, Jack.
Spoiler:
I'm glad Lotus was there and all, since I liked her. I can't remember what door number the computer hacking is in, but does she always go through that door, no matter what path you choose?

I agree with you about the Library puzzles. It was hard to remember where I'd already been. I also didn't like the engine room one.

I was SO close to guessing right on that picture behind the door, but I pressed something else :P

Also, I was reading the Q&A, and there's something I don't get...

Spoiler:
The guy says Junpei and Akane never find each other when they get out. Is this just the way it was written, or is there a reason? I don't see why they wouldn't find each other.

Damn it! I meant to edit that into my other post. Apologies. I will get the hang of this eventually...

OBJECTION!

Thoughts on puzzles:
Spoiler:
I didnt like the library puzzle as the room was just so big :D Not keen on the engine room one either and I found the ones where you had to make things match (eg the torture room one) quite hard. But some were really easy - eg the surgery room one, and I was surprised and a bit disappointed how the game just gave you the answers like "swap the dolls' body parts" If this was Layton, I WOULD HAVE TO WORK THAT OUT. But in general the puzzles were fun and well done.

Samb001,
Spoiler:
When they gave the reveal that "Junpei just knew the answers somehow" etc, why did you think that was? I mean, at first I thought it was going to say Junpei was Zero and the reason why he knew so much was because we knew the answers from previous playthroughs and we were passing info to him :D Which I guess is another way of explaining the morphonogenic field thing :D

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

samboo1 wrote:
samboo1 wrote:
Yeah I see what you mean, Jack.
Spoiler:
I'm glad Lotus was there and all, since I liked her. I can't remember what door number the computer hacking is in, but does she always go through that door, no matter what path you choose?

I agree with you about the Library puzzles. It was hard to remember where I'd already been. I also didn't like the engine room one.

I was SO close to guessing right on that picture behind the door, but I pressed something else :P

Also, I was reading the Q&A, and there's something I don't get...

Spoiler:
The guy says Junpei and Akane never find each other when they get out. Is this just the way it was written, or is there a reason? I don't see why they wouldn't find each other.

Damn it! I meant to edit that into my other post. Apologies. I will get the hang of this eventually...

Hah! I did that twice already :larry2:
Spoiler:
The Q&A is pretty big, so I won't read it all the way through again right now, but didn't he just say that Junpei would spend the rest of his life tracking down Akane? If I don't remember things incorrectly, I think you're referring to the part where he says that Junpei never catches up with her.. but don't you think he just meant while they're driving? I don't know, let's wait and see what the sequel will be about :) And yes! Totally forgot about the engine room! That one was tedious as well. And the room with the computer had to be no. 8, and yes, Lotus will always go through door 8. The reason for both of these things are of course that: 5+4+7 = 7 and 5+4+8 = 8

Ever since I wrote that last post, something has been bothering me though...
Spoiler:
I said that one of the reasons why Lotus was a participant in the game was because of her computer hacking skills but... isn't the second Nonary Game a replica of the original one? So A KID hacked a computer the first time around as well? That seems unlikely.

Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Jack Lamber wrote:
Spoiler:
I said that one of the reasons why Lotus was a participant in the game was because of her computer hacking skills but... isn't the second Nonary Game a replica of the original one? So A KID hacked a computer the first time around as well? That seems unlikely.

Spoiler:
Not quite. Hacking the computer wasn't necessary, she just did it because she didn't know the password it was asking for. I guess in the first Nonary Game one of the kids knew the password (perhaps it was given to them by Hongou? You know, the same way Snake had a card that explained how the REDs and DEADs worked, perhaps one of the kids had a card with the password written on it).
Or maybe one of the kids did hack the computer. It could've been one of Lotus' daughters. It does seem unlikely, though.

A friend of mine just recently finished her second playthrough. She got the Coffin ending first, and then the Safe ending, which was pretty funny (imagine if she had gotten them the other way around! That would've been impressing :will: ). She's now trying to get all endings on her own.

Ah, I see :). It's been a while since I played through it, so I might not have all the facts straight anymore :sadshoe:
Spoiler:
Perhaps Snake (or Light, which I recall was his first name in the first Nonary Game) was the one "blessed" with that information then. Or perhaps you could only hack your way out of the room the second time around, because the password in the First Nonary Game had something to do with the whole sending-receiving thing. It could have been the ultimate test to see whether or not there was actually something to it. You know, so the password was given to the kids on the ship, but not to the ones in the Q-building.

As for your friend:
Aww, in a way that's too bad! She's still enjoying the game though? I would probably have been pretty bummed if I got the revealing endings first :yuusaku:

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

I think my favorite puzzles had to be in the operating room.
Spoiler:
I really liked the one where you had to switch the body parts around, even if it wasn't especially difficult. The philosophical implications of the paradoxes (big words O:) posed by Clover after that puzzle were very interesting. I also liked how Junpei gives Clover the bookmark. I give it bonus points for being the thing that stops her from going axe-crazy. Finally, the chemistry puzzle is one of the only times you get to see Seven act smart. How cool is that?

Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I really liked the philosophical stuff posed by the paradox after you swap the body parts around, that was really interesting. I liked how you are kind to Clover.
Not in the operating room but why does Santa hate the Number 4? I didnt get that.
I thought maybe that he was saying that (at that time) because despite Snake (or Light as he was in the 1st Nonary Game) giving them good luck charms, he couldnt save his sister (Akane). But why did the papers say Akane had died when she obviously hadnt..?

Jack Lamber wrote:
Ah, I see :). It's been a while since I played through it, so I might not have all the facts straight anymore :sadshoe:
Spoiler:
Perhaps Snake (or Light, which I recall was his first name in the first Nonary Game) was the one "blessed" with that information then. Or perhaps you could only hack your way out of the room the second time around, because the password in the First Nonary Game had something to do with the whole sending-receiving thing. It could have been the ultimate test to see whether or not there was actually something to it. You know, so the password was given to the kids on the ship, but not to the ones in the Q-building.

As for your friend:
Aww, in a way that's too bad! She's still enjoying the game though? I would probably have been pretty bummed if I got the revealing endings first :yuusaku:

Spoiler:
You know, I hadn't thought about that. I just assumed that maybe one of the kids in the ship and one of the kids in Building Q had both gotten the password (perhaps Nona and Ennea, Lotus' daughters), but your theory is pretty interesting!
I also think that maybe Lotus was chosen to play the second Nonary Game because she didn't know what had happened to her daughters. Maybe June chose her so she would discover what had happened? She did want the world to know what Hongou had done, after all.

Yeah, I told her it's a shame she got the Safe ending so soon, because it reveals a lot of stuff, but oh well. She's still loving the game, and she hasn't seen a few doors yet, so I guess it's not too bad. Thankfully she didn't get the Safe ending first!

As for the puzzles, I liked most of them.
Spoiler:
I loved the chemistry puzzle. I love chemistry and physics! I also liked all the puzzles in the Library, too. Especially the "ALL" puzzle. It was pretty challenging. I also liked the piano puzzle, even though I'm not a music person.
My least favourite puzzle was the Pushmaster 5000 puzzle, definitely. I'm usually good at those kinds of puzzles, but that one was so annoying.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I loved the piano puzzle :D But it was hard to concentrate with the game music also playing at the same time as well as the piano notes - ah well :p
The torture chair puzzle was just annoying :p

@mai:
Spoiler:
Yeah, that's what I think as well! Although her reason for being a part of the Nonary Game isn't as strong as the others, I still believe that Lotus was chosen due to her skills, and her wish to find out what happened to her kids, without forcing them to tell her. So even though Akane was Zero and wanted revenge on those who hurt her and the other kids, the fact that she chose Lotus was actually for a good cause :)

A question you guys need to answer honestly:

Did you use a walkthrough at any point?

Honestly? Not once! And I am pretty proud of it because I always get stuck at games that involves a lot of puzzles at some point. I considered it when I had to say what the picture in room 4 looked like, but I didn't do it in the end :larry2:

Call me James

samboo1 wrote:
A question you guys need to answer honestly:

Did you use a walkthrough at any point?

Nope. I'm over looking at walkthroughs. I don't use 'em at all. :jake:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Wow, I feel like such a failure now! I don't feel bad for using it to look for the order of doors, because I wanted to avoid certain endings. But some of the puzzles were hard and I couldn't do them :'( I also suck a sudoku...

On my next playthrough, my aim is to not use one, at all. ^_^

Call me James

Aww, well there's no need to feel like that! :adrian:

I just stopped using them, is all. I kinda wish I could go back on my vow, though. Metroid games are hell for 100%, without some sort of guide. :larry:

I checked a walkthrough for like, two puzzles. I try not to use walkthroughs too much, though.

Quote:
I considered it when I had to say what the picture in room 4 looked like, but I didn't do it in the end :larry2:

I'm kind of curious now, what did you guys think it looked like? It took me a few minutes, but I got it right. What about you?

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Aww, well there's no need to feel like that! :adrian:

I just stopped using them, is all. I kinda wish I could go back on my vow, though. Metroid games are hell for 100%, without some sort of guide. :larry:

I guess you don't use them for Layton either, huh? Some of the Layton puzzles are impossible!!!

@Mai: I selected something like 'man with a beard'. I can't remember the exact option now haha.

Blah!

Sheesh, so much discussion going on today, and I just came in now!

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:
But why did the papers say Akane had died when she obviously hadnt..?

Spoiler:
I'm sure that after Akane explained the situation to Seven, he would have had the power to hide her and claim that she had died to the authorities that would have picked them up.

She knew that she had to be declared dead in order for Ace to not be suspicious that she was behind the second Nonary game. He was suspicious of Snake and Clover because they fit the descriptions of two of the kids in the first Nonary game (Snake's blindness [and maybe something else that I can't remember] and Clover being his sister), but he didn't know that June was Akane since her name was never said out loud in front of him and, naturally, his prosopagnosia prevented him from visually recognizing her.

I might have used a walkthrough for part of one of the rooms...
I definitely used the walkthrough to figure out the path to the other endings after I got Knife and Axe though. I didn't want to stumble upon those again, and I hadn't picked up on where to go for the good endings. I did intentionally go to Sub before Safe though.

samboo1 wrote:
Wow, I feel like such a failure now! I don't feel bad for using it to look for the order of doors, because I wanted to avoid certain endings. But some of the puzzles were hard and I couldn't do them :'( I also suck a sudoku...

On my next playthrough, my aim is to not use one, at all. ^_^

You do realize that I am proud of not using a walkthrough, because it is so very veery unbelieveable that I didn't right? So I hope you're not serious about feeling like a failure ^^ in fact, the main reason why I didn't use one at all, was that I was afraid that I might read something.. spoiler..ish..(?) by a mistake.

@Mai: I kinda thought it looked like a demon with an elephant trunk... sucking on a human brain.. but that's just me I guess :P I went with the Funyarinpa one because I just couldn't see heads or tails in the picture :(

Call me James

@samboo1

Any of the really hard Layton puzzles I just try until I just give up.

But to be honest, I just play Layton until the storyline finishes usually. Despite what my avatar may suggest, I'm not that much of a Layton fanboy. :gumshoe:

At least when it concerns the puzzles, in any case.

Professor Yoshi wrote:
@samboo1

But to be honest, I just play Layton until the storyline finishes usually. Despite what my avatar may suggest, I'm not that much of a Layton fanboy. :gumshoe:

Oh, this surprises me a lot! PROFESSOR Yoshi + avatar + ace gentleman = fanboy :gant: I had you down as THE Layton fanboy :grey: And not like I'd blame you either. Haha.

Yeah I'm not serious about feeling like a failure XD I give it my all, and normally when I do look at the walkthrough, it's something so tiny that I've missed, like searching a certain shelf or something. I REALLY want to try to finish the sudoku without a walkthrough next time, purely because of the scene. It may take me hours though!

Call me James

samboo1 wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
@samboo1

Oh, this surprises me a lot! PROFESSOR Yoshi + avatar + ace gentleman = fanboy :gant: I had you down as THE Layton fanboy :grey: And not like I'd blame you either. Haha.

Yeah I'm not serious about feeling like a failure XD I give it my all, and normally when I do look at the walkthrough, it's something so tiny that I've missed, like searching a certain shelf or something. I REALLY want to try to finish the sudoku without a walkthrough next time, purely because of the scene. It may take me hours though!

Meh, don't get me wrong, the puzzles are excellent. Just some can be a bit too frustrating, y'know.

My personal favourites are the ones where you think a lot of work is needed, but it's really as simple as can be. Those are the ones that I like. Mostly because I can ask a relative to attempt the puzzle, watch them do lots of hard work to get it solved, then fail. I then solve the puzzle with the method required, which takes about 5-10 seconds.

Rage often ensues. And laughter on my part. :hobolaugh:

Professor Yoshi wrote:
samboo1 wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
@samboo1

Meh, don't get me wrong, the puzzles are excellent. Just some can be a bit too frustrating, y'know.

My personal favourites are the ones where you think a lot of work is needed, but it's really as simple as can be. Those are the ones that I like. Mostly because I can ask a relative to attempt the puzzle, watch them do lots of hard work to get it solved, then fail. I then solve the puzzle with the method required, which takes about 5-10 seconds.

Haha, I do the very same thing :D My favourite is the one with the guy with the one match!..err, how does that one go again?

Call me James

The match one was.....oh yeah!

A man has one match left.

He wants to heat his bathwater, light his fire, and light his something else... :payne:

In order to accomplish this, which much he light first?

I love that one too :P Typical example of thinking outside of the box.

Umm...*needs to mention something 999 so we don't go offtopic too much!*

So...what's the deal with the coffin ending? I never got that one because I'd heard that it was pointless...

Blah!

samboo1 wrote:

So...what's the deal with the coffin ending? I never got that one because I'd heard that it was pointless...

Spoiler:
I haven't gotten that ending myself, but here is what I have gathered:

If you don't get the Safe ending before attempting True, you'll get the Coffin ending. Remember how a voice told Junpei to push the buttons on his watch to get the code to the coffin? That was Akane nine years ago speaking to him through the morphogenetic field. (remember, the FAQ confirms that the bottom screen is Akane's point of view from nine years ago. She was talking to him from that screen) In the case of the Coffin ending, Akane has not yet observed the Safe ending and, therefore, doesn't know about the watch yet. So at the point where Junpei needs to know about the watch, the game just ends there.

It makes perfect sense in perspective of the story, but it is a real troll when you get that far and suddenly can't progress.

blahmoomoo wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:

If you don't get the Safe ending before attempting True, you'll get the Coffin ending. Remember how a voice told Junpei to push the buttons on his watch to get the code to the coffin? That was Akane nine years ago speaking to him through the morphogenetic field. (remember, the FAQ confirms that the bottom screen is Akane's point of view from nine years ago. She was talking to him from that screen) In the case of the Coffin ending, Akane has not yet observed the Safe ending and, therefore, doesn't know about the watch yet. So at the point where Junpei needs to know about the watch, the game just ends there.

It makes perfect sense in perspective of the story, but it is a real troll when you get that far and suddenly can't progress.

That makes perfect sense, thank you.
Spoiler:
So, all the different endings are actually seen by Akane, and then she can remember them for the following endings? So she's seen the axe/knife endings and stuff?

blahmoomoo wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
That's exactly it. It happened to me on my first playthrough. You have no idea how mad I was when I got to the coffin and heard banging come from inside and then couldn't open it. :grey: Worst part is I thought that was the end of the game. I hadn't realized there were other ending up until that point.

Also, the only type of walkthrough I used for 999 was a spoiler-free guide to see which endings I hadn't gotten yet. It got really frustrating at some points too. Case in point: Pushmaster 5000. I almost cried / snapped my DS in half during that puzzle.

Blah!

samboo1 wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:

That makes perfect sense, thank you.
Spoiler:
So, all the different endings are actually seen by Akane, and then she can remember them for the following endings? So she's seen the axe/knife endings and stuff?

Spoiler:
Personally, the way I interpret it, she is able to observe any decision path that Junpei could take (and she forces the decision by subliminally telling him; remember that all decisions are made on the bottom screen/young Akane's side). She can observe any path she wants, and influence what happens by giving Junpei messages. When Coffin happens, she hasn't yet observed what had happened in Safe, so she needs to shift her focus to the path that leads to Safe. However, that doesn't work for a video game. Swapping decision branches like that would be very confusing without making it a central part of gameplay, and would spoil her side of the story.

So think of the video game as a retelling of her story, but in a single-dimensional form. We can't jump between the branches of the decision tree like she can, and we can't know anything that we haven't observed, even if Akane would through her abilities.

The coffin ending can't continue because of our lack of knowledge, but Akane would have found the knowledge to continue on soon enough. I think that the coffin ending's decision branch is the same as the true ending's decision branch (and technically it is from a pure in-game decision making point of view). We just can't move on without the knowledge found in the alternate path.

OBJECTION!

Re: My thoughts on the picture in Room 4.
Spoiler:
I had no idea what it was at all at first :D I chose the last option (funripyna - sp??) to see what would happen :D After Lotus says its a dog (?!) I just looked some more and decided it was a dog (though it looks more like a dog to me (ie what its meant to be?), than the other picture looks like a "woman in a hat" IMO!)
I admit I did use a spoiler free guide for some puzzles like the torture room ones, Pushmaster 5000 and the final puzzle. But apart from that, I didnt.

Also, had another thoughts on Ace's prosopagnosia:
Spoiler:
It's possible Ace was able to recognise Musashidou and Kubota or at least tell them apart, so maybe they were friends. Musashidou had a big bushy moustache and Kubota (the 9th Man) had glasses and funky hair. Since Not-Snake (cant remember his real name), didnt have those things, maybe Ace used logic to tell him from the other people on his team.

I just remembered that I wrote a poem dealing with 999. It's written about Akane from Santa's PoV. It's called Experiment.
Spoiler: Massive Spoilers!
Alone were we but your bright face
Kept me sane. You never
Asked whether Santa was
No longer real; you still wrote a letter
Every year.

Keeping silent all these years was
Unbearable. I wanted the world to know what
Really happened
All those years ago.
Sadistic smiles are the last memory I
Have of Him, the man who killed you.
In his ignorance, he could not
Know how much you meant to me.
Inferior children was all he saw in us.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Good news - the team behind 999 has announced a new game for the 3DS and Vita! The game is titled 極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス (Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV Zennin Shibô Desu), roughly translatable as Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (though the last bit is a little odd and possibly a pun), and though it shares the "Extreme Escape" part of its title with 999's Japanese title, it's not a sequel to 999. oh yes it is.

Siliconera wrote:
This week’s magazine leaks have begun trickling in. Japanese retail blog, Sinobi, reports that a new visual novel adventure by the team that developed 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors has been announced.

The game’s script and direction is being undertaken, once again, by Kotaro Uchikoshi. Like 999, Kinu Nishimura is providing character designs.

The new game is in development for the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita, and will be fully-voiced. As with 999, Chunsoft will publish the game in Japan. No release date has been announced so far.

EDIT: Okay, it's a sequel, or at least very heavily based on 999.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Good news - the team behind 999 has announced a new game for the 3DS and Vita!

YES YES YES YES YES YES HECK YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!! :jazzedgy: :gant-clap2: :gant-jazz:

Bolt Storm wrote:
it's not a sequel to 999

Forgive me if I missed something, but how do you know that? :eh?:

Totally not my sig...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sorry, I heard it wasn't a sequel on another forum. In terms of a more concrete source, Andriasang reports as much.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Who cares if it's not a sequel? If it's by the same team, with the same character designer, it might as well be! :nick-heart: *swoons*

元・超会社員級の管理人

I have never been so glad to be wrong.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a sequel. I went ahead and made a new thread for it as well.

Wooster wrote:

OBJECTION!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Good news - the team behind 999 has announced a new game for the 3DS and Vita! The game is titled 極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス (Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV Zennin Shibô Desu), roughly translatable as Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (though the last bit is a little odd and possibly a pun), and though it shares the "Extreme Escape" part of its title with 999's Japanese title, it's not a sequel to 999. oh yes it is.

Siliconera wrote:
This week’s magazine leaks have begun trickling in. Japanese retail blog, Sinobi, reports that a new visual novel adventure by the team that developed 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors has been announced.

The game’s script and direction is being undertaken, once again, by Kotaro Uchikoshi. Like 999, Kinu Nishimura is providing character designs.

The new game is in development for the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita, and will be fully-voiced. As with 999, Chunsoft will publish the game in Japan. No release date has been announced so far.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :edgy:
Only bad thing is I'll probably have to import a USA 3DS (if it comes to the US) - whats the likelihood of it coming to EU? Probably slim to none :-(
I wonder who they'd use for a US dub?
EDIT: Even if its not a sequel to 999 it may as well be!

:larry2: I need a 3DS now!
But then again, I won't risk to one day buy one only to find out that I won't be able to play this game on it..
Anyway, the game looks.. futuristic? It does have some things that concern me, like that bunny and the big guy in that weird costume? They'll be hard to take seriously I think (but then again, Lotus anyone?).
It looks like it'll just be the Nonary Game once again but in a futuristic setting? Or in a submarine or something?

grim_tales wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Siliconera wrote:

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! :edgy:
Only bad thing is I'll probably have to import a USA 3DS (if it comes to the US) - whats the likelihood of it coming to EU? Probably slim to none :-(
I wonder who they'd use for a US dub?
EDIT: Even if its not a sequel to 999 it may as well be!

What? 3DSs aren't region friendly, like my current DS is?

@samboo1: Unfortunatly no :(
But.. I heard that Nintendo is working on a new version of the 3DS already, because it haven't sold as well as they'd hoped. Perhaps they believe that the region lock(ing?) is the issue, so the new 3DS might be region free? It's plausible, at the very least.
Page 6 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station