Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 8 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Guys, I've been wondering this for a loooong time... since the first time I played the game, actually.
Spoiler:
So, in the card Zero gave to Snake (the one that explains the rules of the REDs and the DEADs), it says that if a player tries to remove their bracelet, the bomb inside them will explode.
The thing is... Junpei actually did try to take the bracelet off. In fact, that's the first thing he did when he saw it. Of course nothing happened because there was no bomb or detonator in the first place, but it bugs me a bit that Junpei didn't think about it ("but I tried to remove the bracelet and nothing happened...", or something like that).
I wonder if that was intentional? Like it was supposed to foreshadow the fact that there were no bombs? I don't know, but it's been bugging me forever.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler: Ace
You know, I would've been really satisfied if Ace didn't become the villain. I really liked his stable fatherly personality. Though, it's for exactly those reasons I was shocked he was the villain. It was an excellent plot twist. One I would granted, rather not have. But one I appreciated none the less.

Though, for alternative villains...

Snake... he 'could've' pulled the villain card. But I don't think it would've made an impact.

Santa needs to be placed in a correctional facility.

Clover... Axe ending. That's all I have to say.

After the Flash gameplay trial, I hated June. Trapped in a room filling with water, and your first thought is to make out?
Santa, I never really liked.

Seven... his character design screamed big dumb muscle working for the bad guys. The fact he turned that around, I think was better then if he ever were a villian.

Lotus... it might've helped her character if she had any connection to anyone else.

9th Man. ...

Hahahahaha Oh man, the mastermind explodes in his own trap 3 minutes into the game. WHOOPSIES.

Actually... that would've been interesting. The mastermind being subjected to sabotage. The villain behind the villainy.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

OBJECTION!

mai wrote:
Guys, I've been wondering this for a loooong time... since the first time I played the game, actually.
Spoiler:
So, in the card Zero gave to Snake (the one that explains the rules of the REDs and the DEADs), it says that if a player tries to remove their bracelet, the bomb inside them will explode.
The thing is... Junpei actually did try to take the bracelet off. In fact, that's the first thing he did when he saw it. Of course nothing happened because there was no bomb or detonator in the first place, but it bugs me a bit that Junpei didn't think about it ("but I tried to remove the bracelet and nothing happened...", or something like that).
I wonder if that was intentional? Like it was supposed to foreshadow the fact that there were no bombs? I don't know, but it's been bugging me forever.

That's a very good point, I hadn't thought of that.
Spoiler:
Zero's card said "If you attempt to force it [the bracelet] off, or disable the detanator, the bomb within you will automatically explode". Junpei tried to force it off but he didnt get hurt....
As you say, it could be a clue or foreshadowing...
Also, I was thinking, If Zero = June/Akane, and Akane is with them on the ship all the time anyway, Akane (or Santa) must have done all the Zero speaking parts ages ago in advance and played them back... or something, right?!

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

1000% Knight

Wooster wrote:
Spoiler: Ace
You know, I would've been really satisfied if Ace didn't become the villain. I really liked his stable fatherly personality. Though, it's for exactly those reasons I was shocked he was the villain. It was an excellent plot twist. One I would granted, rather not have. But one I appreciated none the less.

Though, for alternative villains...

Snake... he 'could've' pulled the villain card. But I don't think it would've made an impact.

Santa needs to be placed in a correctional facility.

Clover... Axe ending. That's all I have to say.

After the Flash gameplay trial, I hated June. Trapped in a room filling with water, and your first thought is to make out?
Santa, I never really liked.

Seven... his character design screamed big dumb muscle working for the bad guys. The fact he turned that around, I think was better then if he ever were a villian.

Lotus... it might've helped her character if she had any connection to anyone else.

9th Man. ...

Hahahahaha Oh man, the mastermind explodes in his own trap 3 minutes into the game. WHOOPSIES.

Actually... that would've been interesting. The mastermind being subjected to sabotage. The villain behind the villainy.

Spoiler:
Alternative villains...? Interesting. I think Ace was the best choice :P

(Ignoring people that were already bad...)

Snake was pretty suspicious imo since he had 'died'/disappeared/whatever

Seven was also suspicious to me... He (supposedly) had amnesia, but wanted to use codenames to keep their families safe (which shouldn't have mattered to him since he couldn't remember). Keep the back entrance to Room 5 was suspicious (even though it was a perfectly legitimate reason; he was still pretty defensive about it when he did it). Plus, if you assume that Snake had two killers, it was Santa/Seven or Clover/June. (I'll be honest: for most of the game I was hoping it would've been Clover/June. Mostly because I wanted to see what sort of crazy explanation they could come up with to justify it xD)

And Lotus was also a bit unconnected... but if she was going to be the villain, they probably would have tied her into the story a bit more strongly (although she did have that 'get revenge on those 4 guys for subjecting my kids to that awful experiment' thing)

Oh, and about The Ninth Man being the villain........ go read the manga Doubt

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
Alternative villains...? Interesting. I think Ace was the best choice :P

(Ignoring people that were already bad...)

Snake was pretty suspicious imo since he had 'died'/disappeared/whatever

Seven was also suspicious to me... He (supposedly) had amnesia, but wanted to use codenames to keep their families safe (which shouldn't have mattered to him since he couldn't remember). Keep the back entrance to Room 5 was suspicious (even though it was a perfectly legitimate reason; he was still pretty defensive about it when he did it). Plus, if you assume that Snake had two killers, it was Santa/Seven or Clover/June. (I'll be honest: for most of the game I was hoping it would've been Clover/June. Mostly because I wanted to see what sort of crazy explanation they could come up with to justify it xD)

And Lotus was also a bit unconnected... but if she was going to be the villain, they probably would have tied her into the story a bit more strongly (although she did have that 'get revenge on those 4 guys for subjecting my kids to that awful experiment' thing)

Oh, and about The Ninth Man being the villain........ go read the manga Doubt

I'll have to check that out at some point.

Spoiler: As for Seven
He's a hard book to read. Code names to counter Ace's disorder, was too convenient for an amnesiac. Though, I was willing to overlook his propping doors open, everyone is paranoid, and being able to back track where necessary gives you a minor advantage in a game where you're totally at a loss.

But, if Seven really was in on the system, why didn't he have a gun, a bullet proof vest, or something? He'd know he's supposed to be the muscle in this event. Best going in prepared if you're going in prepared.

His breaks in amnesia were also hard for me to read. It's a game, so his reveals would be tied to points where it's convenient for the game's writers. The problem is, in consequence, it's convenient for Seven as well.

Throwing a theory out there, perhaps Seven, with his police training, revived prematurely. This might cause complications for his captors, and thus give him a double doctor un-recomended dose of knockout gas. Side effects may include headache, loss of memory, bruising. Do not operate heavy machinery. Talk to your doctor to find out if you've gone completely bonkers thinking that this might be right for you.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Well, the suspicious part about propping the door open wasn't the act itself, but the fact that he didn't tell you why he was doing it (at first). If he had just said "We didn't open the safe. I want to be able to go back to it later." it wouldn't have been suspicious at all.

He didn't have any of that equipment because June knew he wouldn't need it ;D

There IS that theory that Seven was actually helping June and Santa (along with Snake)...

But two of the biggest complaints I have about the story is Seven's conveniently returning memory, and Lotus conveniently selecting door eight

OBJECTION!

I agree about possible villains:
Spoiler:
At first I thought Snake might be the villain because of his card at the start (why did he only get information? I thought), and he "disappeared", thats a good point about Seven using code names too. So was he told about Ace's disorder? If he couldnt remember why would they bother?
I also thought Lotus was suspicious because she seemed disconnected/disinterested.
It was a big shock to me when Ace was the villain because he was such a jolly, father figure to the group.
Also, look at some of the dialogue between Junpei and Ace in Room 1 "Look, a monkey with glasses!" etc, could this be a clue/foreshadowing about his disorder?

Spoiler:
Yeah, wasn't there some akward silence after Junpei said that, or something :larry2: I defintely remember that dialouge as a hint to Ace's disorder.
I liked that Ace was a villian. He was kinda like Gant: big, happy and possiblythekillerbutyouhopednotbecauseyoulikedhimasacharacteryethewouldbeanawesomevillian-ish.
And like you said grim_tales, Lotus was suspicious at some points because she acted like she didn't care, but that would make her a pretty boring villian. I hoped Santa wasn't the murderer, because I didn't really like him (well, I sort of liked the turn he took when he turned out to be the "assistant" of Zero, rahter than the mastermind). I liked Seven, and he was suspicious for some time through one of my playthroughs.. yet I rarely doubted him when he said that he had amnesia. But when he said he remembered things from the criminal world, that was when I started to suspect him. Wouldn't it be kinda awesome though, if he was Zero, planned this whole thing and then got Amnesia? So he somehow ended up as a participant of the game, rather than the mastermind. No? Yeah, I am glad Ace was the Villian.

Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

Jack, I agree:

Spoiler:
I liked Ace as the villain but I also liked his jolly character, he was a great character so in another way I kinda didnt want him to be the villain :D But it also made him more badass :D

Spoiler:
I thought it was sort of canon that Seven and Snake were in on the plan, as they would have known what had happened in the incinerator room nine years ago? Unless li'l Akane had been keeping it from them even since then... still...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Spoiler:
I thought it was sort of canon that Seven and Snake were in on the plan, as they would have known what had happened in the incinerator room nine years ago? Unless li'l Akane had been keeping it from them even since then... still...

Spoiler:
They would know the series of events they were witness to, but June wouldn't necessarily confide in them. Seven, if he had his whits about him would've gone in more prepared in a rogue militant police fashion. As for Snake, I first semi-doubt he'd want to get involved in reliving a traumatic experience, add to it, putting his sister in danger... (and further the potential to turn her into an axe wielding maniac, though he wouldn't necessarily know THAT part going in).

Snake is crafty. I'll give you that much.

1000% Knight

All of a sudden no spoiler tags, Wooster? :P

Spoiler:
If you want to go down the "Snake and Seven weren't in on it" route, the explanation is that Snake didn't see that June had survived since he was blind, and Seven had had fake memories implanted in his mind. (iirc the thing about Snake was mentioned in game, and if you read the interview with the writer on the official 999 site, he says something about Seven's headaches having to do with his implanted memories conflicting with his real ones)

OBJECTION!

Did anyone think that:

Spoiler:
I know I mentioned the clues given in Room 1 point to something about Ace's condition, but I wondered if the style of what Junpei said is a clue as well.
Look at it. The things Junpei says actually sound quite childish ("a monkey with glasses" etc) and unlike him, yet make sense when we discover he's connected to Li'l Akane. So when Ace asks "How old are you? 9?!" I suppose in a sense, he is. I thought Young Akane was 9?

Spoiler:
When exactly does Ace ask Junpei how old he is though? I looked a script up, and as far as I can see, Ace just asks Junpei how on earth he reached that conclusion, when he says the whole "monkey with glasses" thing. (Kinda dissapointing though :sadshoe: I was sure he got pretty irritated when Junpei said that line, but I must remember things wrong.

OBJECTION!

I'm sure its somewhere but can't remember where!
Spoiler:
It could be after he says the code machine looks like a train or something?

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Just finished this game and I LOVED IT <3 I've gotten all the endings apart from the Axe Ending which I can't wait to finish- I hear it's pretty damn creepy :3

The puzzles were fantastic
Spoiler:
(being a sudoku addict, I was SO PSYCHED at the last puzzle you had to fill in to save Little Akane)
but did anyone else crack up laughing at the sheer awfulness of the visual novel section? Not of the storyline overall, which I loved, but the hilariously bad written way Junpei phrases things a lot of the time DX
Spoiler:
When he referred to the head of Nijisaki's corpse looking like "raw pizza dough covered with tomato sauce" I just cracked up in fits of giggles :3

Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Blah!

Spoiler:
Well, I don't think Junpei is exactly has an A+ in English/Japanese. Remember, what you are reading on the bottom screen is his thoughts, as retold by Akane. It makes them more real that way.

Personally, I thought that description was kind of gruesome, if you picture it. Perhaps not the best choice of a metaphor, but still.

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
Just finished this game and I LOVED IT <3 I've gotten all the endings apart from the Axe Ending which I can't wait to finish- I hear it's pretty damn creepy :3

The puzzles were fantastic
Spoiler:
(being a sudoku addict, I was SO PSYCHED at the last puzzle you had to fill in to save Little Akane)
but did anyone else crack up laughing at the sheer awfulness of the visual novel section? Not of the storyline overall, which I loved, but the hilariously bad written way Junpei phrases things a lot of the time DX
Spoiler:
When he referred to the head of Nijisaki's corpse looking like "raw pizza dough covered with tomato sauce" I just cracked up in fits of giggles :3

So glad that you enjoyed the game :D

To be completely honest, the text and dialouge in 999 is probably one of the most well written translations I've ever experienced. The way it's detailed, yet keeps you intruiged, it's beautiful play with words and most of all: how well it describes the scenario. I feel like very little have been lost in the translation.

Spoiler:
Btw: you can say the way "Junpei phrases things" is a wrong way of putting it, as it is actually June who is the narrator :phoenix: And I also find the descriptions pretty creepy as well. When the game narrates that the corpse looks like "raw pizza dough covered with tomato sauce", it isn't meant to be either funny or poorly written - just to illustrate the very scenario. To be honest, to reference a dead body to pizza dough with tomato sauce all over the place, or how the body's intestines reminded one of spaghetti spilling out, makes the whole scene a lot more creepy IMO.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Jack Lamber wrote:

So glad that you enjoyed the game :D

To be completely honest, the text and dialouge in 999 is probably one of the most well written translations I've ever experienced. The way it's detailed, yet keeps you intruiged, it's beautiful play with words and most of all: how well it describes the scenario. I feel like very little have been lost in the translation.

Spoiler:
Btw: you can say the way "Junpei phrases things" is a wrong way of putting it, as it is actually June who is the narrator :phoenix: And I also find the descriptions pretty creepy as well. When the game narrates that the corpse looks like "raw pizza dough covered with tomato sauce", it isn't meant to be either funny or poorly written - just to illustrate the very scenario. To be honest, to reference a dead body to pizza dough with tomato sauce all over the place, or how the body's intestines reminded one of spaghetti spilling out, makes the whole scene a lot more creepy IMO.

Oh I certainly agree that the translation is second-to-none- you never feel as if you're losing any of the meaning from the original version. However, perhaps it's too much to expect a visual novel which actually forms part of a DS game to be great literature. I found the writing style to be very functional and cliched but then I suppose the writing itself was never supposed to be the focal point of the game.

The writing's forgivable in the game when the storyline and characters are so good but if it was a book I'd run a mile from it and then some XD

Thi may already have been discussed but
Spoiler:
what relevance did Allice have in the plot? The whole tangent about ice-9 was purely to introduce her but then I felt like they didn't do nearly enough with Allice once they introduced her. Did she have a role in the story at all?

Click on Janice for graphics ^^

OBJECTION!

I found the descriptions so well written and pretty damn creepy too :D :o

@PandaPrinzessin: I thought I could give you a simple answer, but after much thought, I must surrender. I don't remember why Allice fitted in with the story, but I am sure that I had some answer... Anyway, welcome to the discussion part of this thread :D A few of us is finding it hard to let go of the story, so I hope that you got a lot of questions and theories you want to share :) And yes, look forward to your last ending :D

And OMG, how did I overlook this!?

"Uchikoshi: Actually, there’s something very important hidden throughout the entire game. If you figure out what, make sure to write “Spoilers!” when you talk about it online. I tried to make a game that people would want to talk about, even after they finished it. The ending wraps everything up pretty well, but there are some things that are still left unanswered, if you look carefully. You can discuss those things with your friends and other people on the internet."

Do you think whatever is hidden throughout the game is something we've already figured out, or something that was revealed in the Q&A section? Or perhaps that there are still some huge secret hidden in the game?

Blah!

Spoiler:
Allice and Ice-9 functioned as examples for the morphogenetic field in this game. I do feel that there was some deeper meaning though... perhaps to be brought up in the sequel?

The fact that Allice looked like Lotus doesn't mean anything, since that was just Junpei imagining what she would look like.

Not to mention, what was that stinger about? It makes us think that Allice is standing out in the desert, apparently just woken up seeing her lack of clothes. But there's no real reason for her to be there, since they weren't on the ship that allegedly transported her, unless there is more to the story. The official Answers do say that Akane isn't as innocent as she appears, so she is probably doing things other than saving her own life... I really hope the sequel reveals the rest of Akane's story in one way or another.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Regarding 999 as a novel...
This story wouldn't work as a novel, given how the story is being told, even if it was a choose-your-own-adventure-like novel. It wouldn't even work on a game system that didn't have two screens, without potentially giving itself away with a split screen or something.

Anyway, I still thought it was very well written. The localization only had one error (regarding finding a door with a 9 actually being a door with a q), and that's amazing.

Now playing: 999 - Binary Game. Nice.

Spoiler:
The Q&A section also said that the woman in the dessert was first of all a way to end the whole game with a lol. Not too be taken too seriously, although it's also stated that it might be someone other than Allice.

Now listening to: Morphogenetic Sorrow... dammit, this stupid game is too awesome :acro:

Blah!

Spoiler:
Ah, forgot about that. Kind of silly to put something like that at the end, if it shouldn't be taken seriously. Like, "Yeah, I am just a random, totally unrelated person that got lost/dumped in the desert. Ignore how much I look like an ancient Egyptian. Can you give me a towel and a ride home, please?" But yeah, I can see that being somebody else, in any case.

(heh, that may even explain how Akane made Junpei lose her; they got split up when his car took the random person home. It seemed odd that Junpei would never see her again when a car traveling through a desert would be quite visible for some distance.)

(of course, all of this is WMG)

Even so, I'm still hoping for Akane's story to be revealed in the sequel.

Shut up, Hitler

I tried, but I couldn't get into this game. Maybe it was the characters, or just the contrived plot. Either way, it didn't gripped me.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
In the interview, iirc, he said that last image was just to confirm that Alice actually existed, but then said it might've just been June putting images into Junpei's head...

Blah!

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
it might've just been June putting images into Junpei's head...

Spoiler:
...that doesn't make much sense. After escaping the incinerator, the remainder of the story (excluding Akane's escape in the past and flashbacks) is told from Junpei's perspective, and the bottom screen is black. I could be wrong, but I was fairly certain that at that point the connection through the morphogenetic field was broken since the stress and danger from the nonary game was relieved. Unless, of course, Akane has a greater power... :meekins:

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Went back to the interview, and seems I've been misinterpreting that part xD He meant that the image of Alice we saw of the game might not have been Junpei's picture of her, but Akane's image of her sent to Junpei. But he said that either way, she was/is a real person xD

(although I still want to know how she got through the Egyptian desert without melting :P)

Blah!

Spoiler:
Ah, much better.

And yeah... it does get hotter than 96 degrees F in the desert. Perhaps they transported her in some sort of a cooled environment (not necessarily refrigerated, since such a thing likely wasn't found in Egypt at the time). Then they discovered she was still frozen.

OBJECTION!

Whoa! :o

Spoiler:
I only just noticed that "very important" quote from the interview as well - he can't be talking about Zero's identity - as thats revealed at the end.. maybe its to do with June's bigger plan?!?
Just noticed he said "hidden throughout" - maybe its the fact June is the narrator? Is that Li'l Akane or Big Akane?
Also I have a question for some of you, when you were playing 999 did anyone think Junpei would turn out to be Zero or be a bad guy?

Spoiler:
@grim_tales: but all of those things were fleshed out in the Q&A section. If the secret throughout the game really is something that hasn't been said in the Q&A section, then it's quite possible that it haven't been found yet, since a quick google search doesn't seem to reveal any results. Is it possible to contact someone who's been working on the game, just to find out if the secret has been revealed or not? Becuase if there's still a mystery left in the game, imma go hunt for it!

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Maybe one of us could contact Aksys about it? I don't know what the director could be talking about....?
Maybe it's something about the sequel?
One important character (apparently) in Good People Die is a rabbit.
Remember Li'l Akane's story about the bunnies?
Maybe its just me but during that story did you first think Akane had killed them? :(
Whatever it is, the prospect of more secret stuff is very interesting!
Its not just to do with the "9" motif is it? I imagine everyone's noticed that :p

I doubt we'll be able to contact Aksys about it :P but iirc, a member of the game's translation team is pretty active in NeoGAF's 999 thread, so perhaps he know of the secret?

OBJECTION!

Is anyone here a member of NeoGAF? I can't join their forum for some reason, it only accepts ISP email addresses...?

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
This is pretty random and minor, but I wish the game had an option after you got the True Ending to be able to choose if you get the Coffin Ending or True Ending when you do doors 4/7/1.

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I've been thinking about Snake...
Spoiler:
Is this a plothole? Zero/June said there are 2 ways to get the watches off, you leave Building Q, or your heartrate reaches zero. Snake had the bracelet on his (fake) left arm. How come the bracelet didnt immediately fall off? Then he was able to get it off by removing his arm (I think) so shouldnt he have realised the bracelets were fake from the start? Its kinda like when Junpei fiddled with his.

1000% Knight

Wasn't that already brought up...?

Spoiler:
One way to explain it is that he was in on the plan. However, if he wasn't in on it, he might not have wanted to say anything because, (1) Zero had told him not to talk (specifically about the Nonary Game from the past, but Snake still might have been hesitant to talk about other things, too) (2) The fact that he could remove his bracelet would make him suspicious, and (3) he wanted to keep it a secret, and use it as an ace up his sleeve if he really needed to. It was also possible that the heart rate monitor was not in the bracelets, but the bombs.

OBJECTION!

Oh yeah, I remember now :D I'm sorry for repeating things.

Bad Player wrote:
Wasn't that already brought up...?

Spoiler:
One way to explain it is that he was in on the plan. However, if he wasn't in on it, he might not have wanted to say anything because, (1) Zero had told him not to talk (specifically about the Nonary Game from the past, but Snake still might have been hesitant to talk about other things, too) (2) The fact that he could remove his bracelet would make him suspicious, and (3) he wanted to keep it a secret, and use it as an ace up his sleeve if he really needed to. It was also possible that the heart rate monitor was not in the bracelets, but the bombs.

Spoiler:
There were no bombs, though.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
That's beside the point ;P

Page 8 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station