Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Lunaria42 wrote:
mai wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:
I thought I was making all the right decisions too.

Spoiler:
I wanted to spare Akane/June from seeing that corpse.

I though it would be a bad idea to choose a room no one else did, so I avoided three and went with 7 because I thought Seven and I made a good team.

I figured going with room 1 on A deck would good since it's near the top and hopefully closer to freedom.

Nope, axe in the back.

Spoiler:
Huh, but you DID make the right decisions... I assume you didn't get the clover leaf from Santa in room 4?

Spoiler:
I guess not. I don't remember getting a clover leaf at all.

Spoiler:
Maybe you didn't pick the right options when you were talking to Santa. I know that he gives you the clover leaf when you talk about numbers in Room 4. Oh, well... You have to unlock a specific ending before you can see the real one. >;3 G'luck on your next play through though.

[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Moving on up!

Dawn wrote:
Spoiler:
Maybe you didn't pick the right options when you were talking to Santa. I know that he gives you the clover leaf when you talk about numbers in Room 4. Oh, well... You have to unlock a specific ending before you can see the real one. >;3 G'luck on your next play through though.

Thanks. I'm inclined to use the spoiler free walk through for help next time help me get specific endings. What ending would be the best to go for next?
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Lunaria42 wrote:
What ending would be the best to go for next?

I'd recommend getting the Knife ending out of the way, it's easily the least memorable. There's probably more than one way to get there, but I know choosing Doors 5, 7, and 6 should work.

Totally not my sig...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I can't remember which walkthough I used, if there even was more then one, but the walkthrough was very good about give you all the variations with as minimal overlap as possible while trickling the plot at you.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Moving on up!

Spoiler: Being Safe
Is it worth it to see the coffin ending? I've read that if you follow that story and haven't done the safe ending that's the one you get. I wasn't sure it's worth doing that twice to see the Coffin ending and then the True Ending.

"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Lunaria42 wrote:
Is it worth it to see the coffin ending? I've read that if you follow that story and haven't done the safe ending that's the one you get. I wasn't sure it's worth doing that twice to see the Coffin ending and then the True Ending.

I never saw the Coffin ending on its own, so I'm not in the best position to say, but based on what I've heard it's probably not worth it. I get the impression you'll just feel more frustrated than anything else, but maybe someone different would say otherwise.

Totally not my sig...

c:

Lunaria42 wrote:

No. It's just a shortened version of the true ending. If you unlock the true ending, you also unlock the coffin ending, so there's no point.

Lunaria42 wrote:
Dawn wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks. I'm inclined to use the spoiler free walk through for help next time help me get specific endings. What ending would be the best to go for next?

Since you already have the axe ending, this would be the best order.

Knife<Submarine<Safe<True (Coffin is a complete waste of time. All it does is cut you off from the true ending.)

Happy playing! :maya:

Moving on up!

TheSylverBlue wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:
Dawn wrote:
Spoiler:

Since you already have the axe ending, this would be the best order.

Knife<Submarine<Safe<True (Coffin is a complete waste of time. All it does is cut you off from the true ending.)

Happy playing! :maya:

Thanks. I've already started the Knife ending, so I'll use your guide to play the different endings. I've been using faqs to make the major decisions, but I've been trying to solve the puzzles on my own.

The puzzles can be tricky at times. I found a few of them to be a little difficult and took a while for me to solve. The characters around you usually give you hints on how to solve them, which is quite helpful.

Spoiler: something that made about zero sense to me, true ending spoilers
So guys, what's up with All-Ice?

Midnight Jasper wrote:

Spoiler:
It doesn't make any sense to me either. They set it up to make it look like she was going to be relevant, what with all the talk about ice-9 and such, but it was all a huge red herring. We don't know if she even existed, I mean, there's that girl we see at the end of the True ending, but we don't even know if she's supposed to be Alice...

Midnight Jasper wrote:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Q 14: Why did they put All-ice (Alice) at the end of the real ending like that? Also, why wasn't there a cool CG with Junpei and Akane at the end?

A 14: Was she really Alice? How do you know? We never show a real picture of Alice in the game. There's an image of her, but that was only what Junpei imagined her to look like when he heard the story about "All-Ice." ...Or perhaps that was an image of how Alice as Akane knew her? You could say that perhaps that image was sent by Akane to Junpei's brain. If that was the case, then what is the physical appearance of Alice that Akane knew? Pretty intriguing, right? Whatever the case, it means that "Alice" was a person who actually existed. In order to get that across, I decided to have her show up in the ending.

Q 32: What is the significance of Alice?

A 32: She was there to explain the Ice-9.

Q 42: Was Lotus originally planned to be Alice? It would have made all the gags about her age funnier.

A 42: We didn't really have that in mind. However, I do agree that it would have been fun in various ways had Lotus been Alice.

Q 50: There is a room behind the Library which you are locked into if you reach it. Is this room present on the ship as well? If it is present, what is in it? Because I don't see much purpose to having a room to build puzzles in on both ships, especially since the Alice/All-Ice's coffin can't exist in both rooms.

A 50: This room does exist in the ship. Well, to be more exact, there used to be one. It was just a sort of study. There was also a coffin, but by the time Gentarou opened it Alice was gone and all that was left was the mandrake root.

http://www.aksysgames.com/999/answers

Totally not my sig...

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Q 32: What is the significance of Alice?

A 32: She was there to explain the Ice-9

Spoiler:
Huh... but that makes no sense. The only time Ice-9 came into play was when June was talking about Alice. Ice-9 had no other significance in the story, IIRC.
If anything, Ice-9 was there to explain why Alice existed, not the other way around. Unless I'm misremembering something...

c:

Spoiler:
Alice bothers me, too, but someone on deviantART did bring up to me that she could be important in a sequel, which is certainly being thought of according to the Q&A.

Spoiler:
I find the Alice answers in the FAQ vague to the point of being irritating. Everything about June and Santa and Seven is okay, it's all character interpretation and stuff, but I don't understand the necessity of having Alice in the game aside from to spook things up and reinforce the whole 'June is a bit crazy' thing. One of the things I liked about the game was that almost every piece of trivia (all the morphogenetic stuff, the Titanic predictions foreshadowing June's own future, the clover bookmark) fitted in with the grand scheme of things. Okay, so some were a bit forced (Lotus randomly mentioning prosopagnasia?), but otherwise almost every other player was in on the plot so it made sense for them to be dropping hints left and right.

Alice was Titanic-related, yes, but the book in the Captain's cabin, the codes in Zero's Lab, the multiple coffins, the hints that there might be some other living person wandering the ship with them, they were all building up to something that was never resolved. And if it were just a red herring I wouldn't mind as much, but I can't help feeling that final CG was created specifically to mess with our heads.
I guess it did completely creep me out every time I opened a coffin though, so not a complete waste of time :P

The sequel thing sort of makes sense, although it has that Ghost Trick-massive-twist problem of how a sequel would have to spoil the first game. The FAQ mentions Santa and June having some greater plan, but it would be hard to base a game around that without revealing what the two had done in the first game. I love the whole premise, so I'd be happy if they made a sequel with different characters and different circumstances for the game.

If they do make a sequel, I hope they make the text scroll faster on the first playthrough >.<

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Spoiler:
I can't help feeling that final CG was created specifically to mess with our heads.

Spoiler:
Yeah, that's pretty much the point, the developer's just screwing with us. Is it Alice or not? Will it ever matter...or not?

Totally not my sig...

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Midnight Jasper wrote:

Spoiler: What I think
Like the QA said, All-ice was there to explain Ice-9, which was there to be an example of the morphogenetic field, like the gylcerin (or something about those crystals?). But then, maybe they could just be setting something up for the sequel. They better make one actually. <3

Wouldn't it be interesting that Lotus was actually All-ice though?

[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

I come with more spoilerish plot questions!
Spoiler:
So, who took out the mechanism for the REDs? Probably explained ingame but I forgot :P
I imagine it was Ace, but I can't remember how or why.

And how could the Coffin Ending exist? Doesn't little Akane in the incinerator see all of the endings at the same time, not going through in order, so she would know the passcode?

Midnight Jasper wrote:
I come with more spoilerish plot questions!
Spoiler:
So, who took out the mechanism for the REDs? Probably explained ingame but I forgot :P
I imagine it was Ace, but I can't remember how or why.

And how could the Coffin Ending exist? Doesn't little Akane in the incinerator see all of the endings at the same time, not going through in order, so she would know the passcode?

Spoiler:
I don't remember who took the mechanisms out, but as for the Coffin ending, I'm pretty sure June can't see all the endings at the same time; she just goes through them until she finds all the data she needs to help Junpei find the 9th door so he can solve the incinerator puzzle for her.

Spoiler:
But the issue with her going through the endings one at a time would be she has no 'reset' button. If she makes Junpei choose, say, the Safe Ending, she would go on to die in the incinerator. Then there would be no way the same June could go on to choose the True Ending with that knowledge.

The way it was explained in the game was a bit like June could see the consequences of any potential actions before she made them, but I don't really understand how that's possible.

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Spoiler:
The way it was explained in the game was a bit like June could see the consequences of any potential actions before she made them, but I don't really understand how that's possible.

Spoiler:
The same way morphogenetic fields and telepathy are possible: that's just how the game works.

Blah!

Spoiler:
I am fairly certain that the REDs in the hospital room were missing a part from the beginning. Santa (most likely) fixed them right before swapping Snake.

As for the morphogenetic fields question, the way I see it is even though she can see all potential consequences, she has to concentrate on one of them in order to actually understand what is happening. In order to see everything possible, she rapidly switches through the decision tree to see what is happening. But since our minds can't handle that (it would be confusing and young Akane would be revealed sooner), we are presented with the events in linear order.

The sudden ending in Coffin was caused by her realizing she needed to know something else, switching away to look for the new information, and ending the story for us, temporarily. We don't know what happened to Junpei after the Safe ending because Junpei was knocked out and by the time he woke up (say, if he was returned home), he would be out of danger (and the morphogenetic connection severed) and young Akane would have been incinerated. So she didn't focus on that branch of the tree any more.

If that was confusing, how about this: she can see the effects of every decision as they happen. It's like the theory that at every decision you make, a new universe is formed where you made a different choice. She was able to selectively observe the new "universes" that were created through Junpei's decisions as they happened and find the right path that would ensure her survival. But she was also able to communicate information. Coffin exists because she hadn't yet observed the watch combination that was found in the path that lead to Safe.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying, well, let me know and I'll see if I can explain it any better.

Right, I see. Thank you :)

Spoiler:
So the REDs were taken out to buy time in which to swap Snake, I assume... I completely didn't get that when I was playing. I was wondering when Santa and June managed to run way ahead to room 9, change Snake's clothes and shove him in the coffin, heh.

Breaking hiatus.

Spoiler:
+++66. How did Clover know that the number discovered from the "Truth is Gone" riddle was for the safe in the piano room behind Door 5? She did not go through Door 5 and none of the 3 people who went through Door 5 told her about it. Also, is there any significance for the 8 digit combination number for the coffin?

Answer= She found a note Kagechika Musashidou had written when he was alive in the captain's room. She learned about the safe in the piano room from him. As far as the meaning behind the numbers, I haven't really told anyone in any other interviews, so I'm going to make this just between us. If you take the number 14383421 and multiply it by 9, you get 129450789. What do all those numbers mean? I'll leave that up to your interpretation.+++

So I have done a simple transition and have gotten the following:

129450789 = ABIDE_GHI

I've tried Hex and Binary transitions... and nothing looked like an answer, just a series of figures. Does anyone else have a theory of the meaning of the numbers?

^^
Spoiler:
It tells you the real bracelet numbers.
1 - Ace
2 - Snake
9 - Santa
4 - Clover
etc...
The only differences are Santa has the 9 bracelet and June the 0 bracelet. It's nothing so complicated as translation, I think. :P

Breaking hiatus.

Midnight Jasper wrote:
^^
Spoiler:
It tells you the real bracelet numbers.
1 - Ace
2 - Snake
9 - Santa
4 - Clover
etc...
The only differences are Santa has the 9 bracelet and June the 0 bracelet. It's nothing so complicated as translation, I think. :P

Spoiler:
. . . *facepalm* Th-thank you. I shall now go headbutt Clover's fire axe.

Blah!

Spoiler:
The FAQ says that June has the 9 (an upside down 6) and Santa has the 0 (an upside down E for empty)... right? And the 9th man didn't have a 9 either... Or am I completely messing things up?

Then again, it still points to June being Zero and Santa as an accomplice (which is the truth), even if their actual watch numbers were switched around.

One significance of that number is that its digital root is 9. Then again, it appears that the result of any multiplication by 9 (excluding 0) has a digital root of 9.

^^ So much math involved. :-P

Spoiler:
I watched the 'Titanic' movie right after I finished playing 999 and I noticed things that reminded me of the game. A lot of things, like the charter room, the main staircase, E deck, the axe. I know that this 'Gigantic' is supposed to be similar to the Titanic ship, but I still find it pretty awesome.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Spoiler:
The FAQ says that June has the 9 (an upside down 6) and Santa has the 0 (an upside down E for empty)... right? And the 9th man didn't have a 9 either... Or am I completely messing things up?

Then again, it still points to June being Zero and Santa as an accomplice (which is the truth), even if their actual watch numbers were switched around.

One significance of that number is that its digital root is 9. Then again, it appears that the result of any multiplication by 9 (excluding 0) has a digital root of 9.

Spoiler: Bracelet troubles
This was discussed in the backup forum... I think canonically June does have the 9 and Santa the 0 bracelet. It irks me that June doesn't have the 0 bracelet, because of hints like the Captain's bracelet actually being 6, which suggests 'June is Zero'. (The Captain's bracelet was actually O, which numerically translates to 15, the digital root of which is 6. But I guess it doesn't work backwards to suggest that 6 = 0.) Also, when you put forward your June = 9, Santa = 0 theory ingame, Snake says there's something fishy about it. And then there's the whole code-to-the-safe which also suggests that June is 0.

But the FAQ confirms that Santa has 0 and June has 9, and I suppose Santa was actually the one dressed up and running around. And the 9th man does have the 9 bracelet, like Guy X had another 2 bracelet, which means there are two 9 bracelets running around.

As for the code-to-the-safe contradiction...
"I actually think that the reason that the password is 129450789/9 and not 120459789/9 is because the latter password then would be 13384421. And since some of the digits next to each other are the same (33 and 44), that would confusing when it would play the bracelet animation. (Understand what I mean? It would like as if there would be only a single 3 and a single 4)."

OBJECTION!

I had a big thread about this in the back-up forums. Loved 999, a bloody amazing game with a great story. Each ending revealed just a little bit more until the True Ending and I just loved the experience of it.
One thing I dont get:

Spoiler:
June was obviously so sure the 9th guy/Kubota was a coward, why? I mean, he knew how the Nonary Game worked. Didnt/shouldnt he protest to Ace that he could work things out with him?
Know I think about it, it seems more obvious June/Akane was Zero - from the fact it DIDN'T seem obvious (if you see what I mean). At one point I thought Junpei was going to be Zero! :D
The Axe Ending was as creepy as hell - I really shouldnt have played that late at night! :beef:

It was emotional, moving, surprising and I'd love a sequel or at least more games like this one on DS in English!
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

grim_tales wrote:
One thing I dont get:

Spoiler:
June was obviously so sure the 9th guy/Kubota was a coward, why? I mean, he knew how the Nonary Game worked. Didnt/shouldnt he protest to Ace that he could work things out with him?
Know I think about it, it seems more obvious June/Akane was Zero - from the fact it DIDN'T seem obvious (if you see what I mean). At one point I thought Junpei was going to be Zero! :D
The Axe Ending was as creepy as hell - I really shouldnt have played that late at night! :beef:

Spoiler: Everything
Are you asking why June chose the 9th man to be in the Nonary Game? June saw the faces of everyone who would be in the Nonary Game 9 years later, including the 9th man, through the eyes of Junpei. According to what the '999 Answers' said, June had to recreate that future exactly how she saw it, or she wouldn't be able to escape the first Nonary Game.

OBJECTION!

Kind of. I was wondering why
Spoiler:
the 9th Man fell for Ace tricking him so easily when (I guess) they were friends, June was obviously sure Ace was a backstabber. The same applies for Musashidou (the Captain guy).

Who killed Musashidou in the Safe Ending if you go through Door 6? Seven mentions him later as being dead (I think) but Ace didnt go in Door 1 in the safe ending.

Last edited by grim_tales on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^ Um, spoiler tag, grim.

Spoiler: Everything
Not so sure if Ace and the 9th man were exactly friends, just guys who worked together on a project. Ace said something about the reason why he killed the 9th man in the true ending I think. It was probably because he was afraid that the 9th man would reveal what happened 9 years ago, and Ace didn't want anyone knowing what he did (kidnapping children and forcing them to play a dangerous game just so he can prove his little theory). I think the 9th man just trusted Ace too easily and died for it.

I'm pretty sure it was Clover, seeing as she had that note with the code to the safe (that note was with the captain I think). In the safe ending, Seven and Lotus never mention a dead man in the Captain's Room.

OBJECTION!

Sorry about that! Fixed now. :o
Interesting....
Spoiler:
I wonder what would have happened if the 9th man hadnt died? Maybe he would side with you and tell you not to trust Ace? I prefer it the way it panned out though. The fact Ace seemed such a jolly, nice guy made his reveal all the more shocking, IMO.
I don't necessarily think June wanted or intended him to die (one thing that I find odd is June gets a fever when seeing his body even if you do the true ending - I think she would still be creeped by dead people).

I'm pleased more VN's may be localised (read someones post with a NP article) - can't wait! :D

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:
I wonder what would have happened if the 9th man hadnt died? Maybe he would side with you and tell you not to trust Ace? I prefer it the way it panned out though. The fact Ace seemed such a jolly, nice guy made his reveal all the more shocking, IMO.
I don't necessarily think June wanted or intended him to die (one thing that I find odd is June gets a fever when seeing his body even if you do the true ending - I think she would still be creeped by dead people).

I'm pleased more VN's may be localised (read someones post with a NP article) - can't wait! :D

Spoiler:
If the 9th man hadn't died in door 5, then he would probably be killed later on by Ace. I'm guessing the 9th man never thought suspiciously of Ace, which is why he trusts him when he said he would meet up with him beyond door 5.

Yeah, June seemed to be pretty freaked out whenever they came across a dead body, unless she's acting. But remember that Zero, June, allowed Ace a chance to escape from the Nonary Game alive if he confessed to the world what he did 9 years ago. But I can't remember if she also gave the 9th Man a way out as well.

I'm hoping for more VN's as well. I'm sure 999 did very well.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I doubt June and Santa are acting when they see dead bodies and seem genuinely freaked out by them. But apart from June hitting on Junpei, everything else must be acting. I think June had genuine warm feelings for Junpei and enjoyed being with him.
Sorry if this has been said before, but do you think Santa (or June) took the parts out the REDs in the hospital room?

I think 999 did very well. It sold so well in the US they had to do a second printing.

Spoiler:
Yes, I agree that June had some warm feelings for Junpei. I enjoyed the little scenes with them, but I just find it sad that she would risk his life in something where he could easily get killed. But then again, she had to or she would've died.

Who took out the RED parts? It can only be either Santa or June since they're the ones who were behind it all. I'm assuming that they had taken out the REDs before they even started the game and just placed it back while everyone else was searching for the parts.

Spoiler:
Basically all those questions were answered before in this very thread :P
As for the REDs, it's never explicitly stated but I assume they were taken out by June and Santa to buy time. Time in which they could abduct Snake, switch him with Guy X and pull the whole ploy with Ace. It was pretty risky, seeing as anyone could have wandered across Guy X, but I guess they knew it would work. I do still wonder about how June/Santa managed to get Snake into the coffin, considering it many many doors away...

Midnight Jasper wrote:
Spoiler:
Basically all those questions were answered before in this very thread :P
As for the REDs, it's never explicitly stated but I assume they were taken out by June and Santa to buy time. Time in which they could abduct Snake, switch him with Guy X and pull the whole ploy with Ace. It was pretty risky, seeing as anyone could have wandered across Guy X, but I guess they knew it would work. I do still wonder about how June/Santa managed to get Snake into the coffin, considering it many many doors away...

Spoiler:
I haven't read every single post yet. So lazy of me. Maybe I should go back and read them.
I've wondered about how they put Snake there as well. Secret passages maybe? ^_^
Page 3 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station