Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 9 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
That's beside the point ;P

Spoiler:
No, it's not. There couldn't be any heart rate monitors in the bombs because there were no bombs in the first place.
Unless I'm missing your point?

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Assuming Snake wasn't colluding with June and Santa, he didn't know there were any bombs, so as far as he knew the heart rate monitors were in the bombs, not the watches.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

..so you guys thought you were done replaying this game? Well..
Spoiler: serious spoilers!

..think again!
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

Oooohhhhh.... I'm not going to read your spoiler... I'm not!
I'm going to replay the game again now :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

1000% Knight

...It's just a video, grim ^^' (that has major spoilers in it)

Also, just noticed it, but page 9! xD

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler:
I'm still not convinced that all members didn't have bombs inside them. Just because only Ace's co workers blew up doesn't mean the bombs weren't in people likes Seven and Santa.

Remember, one of the facets of the field required that Ace gave the original players a legitimate way out, regardless of if it were in his best interests. Counterwise, June/Zero would see that the bombs should be in everyone, regardless of if it's in her best interests. Besides, she's already been proven to be a manipulative little bastard and set up traps for Ace to trip every step of the way, but by his own devices.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Whether there were bombs in everyone or not, it doesn't really matter, since nobody else went through the doors alone. (And June knew nobody would go through the door alone, since she saw all the different futures through Junpei through the morphogenetic field.)

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
Whether there were bombs in everyone or not, it doesn't really matter, since nobody else went through the doors alone. (And June knew nobody would go through the door alone, since she saw all the different futures through Junpei through the morphogenetic field.)

Ironically, that's exactly my point.

Spoiler:
There were no bombs. Junpei checks the inside of the bracelets in the True ending and notes that there's no detonator in them, just some kind of microchip.

OBJECTION!

Bad Player wrote:
...It's just a video, grim ^^' (that has major spoilers in it)

Also, just noticed it, but page 9! xD

The video was beautiful! ^^

OBJECTION!

mai wrote:
Spoiler:
There were no bombs. Junpei checks the inside of the bracelets in the True ending and notes that there's no detonator in them, just some kind of microchip.

Yeah
Spoiler:
I dont think Junpei and co (apart from the 9th man, Cap and Not-Snake) had any bombs at all. June designed it just so they would THINK there were bombs - but she was a manipulative b*tch in a way, trying to trick Ace.

OBJECTION!

Hey,
Not sure if this was answered but:

Spoiler:
Why did Santa say he hated the number 4? Maybe it was a clue about the usefulness of the bracelets and numbers in the game?
At the start, I thought it was saying he actually hated Clover or they didnt get on. What did she ever do to him?

Hmm
Spoiler:
Well, one explanation to those questions could simply be that Akane told Santa what would happen in the second Nonary game, depending on Junpeis choices. He could have a grudge against Clover because he knew that if things didn't go as planned, she would go axe crazy. I'm not sure why he would hate the number 4, but it could also just be something he said to make sure that Junpei would take the boomark.

Blah!

grim_tales wrote:
Hey,
Not sure if this was answered but:

Spoiler:
Why did Santa say he hated the number 4? Maybe it was a clue about the usefulness of the bracelets and numbers in the game?
At the start, I thought it was saying he actually hated Clover or they didnt get on. What did she ever do to him?

Spoiler:
Hmm, I think hating the number 4 was mostly about the number not being useful in this game. I don't think it had anything to do with Clover personally. But it is kind of odd to bring it up when he isn't number 4, but it does relate to the four leaf clover...
As for hating the four leaf clover, it was about what those leaves stood for (as he knew them). It went against his past experience with Akane "dying".

Response to ninja Jack:
Spoiler:
I guess knowing that Clover may go axe crazy could be part of it... but I think Santa might have done the same thing if he was put in the same situation. Of course, he was in a sense, but he didn't have the opportunity for revenge... until now, though the revenge is more controlled rather than chaotic.
And I guess it makes sense that Santa just brought up hating the number 4 to bring up the four leaf clover bookmark. Though you'd think his explanation for why he hates a four leaf clover was enough.

One last thing: what was Santa's number in the first nonary game? I can't remember, but it would explain things if he was the 4 in his group.

@blahmoomoo
Spoiler:
I suppose you could have a point with Santa hating the four leaf clover because of the things Snake said the leafs stand for (hope, faith, love and luck irc), but seeing as Akane never really died, I'm not sure if that's all there is to it. But I suppose, if you put it like this, it kinda makes sense: Snake could have hated the four words, because it was neither hope, faith, love or luck that saved Akane. It was some weird time paradox thing that Junpei caused, meaning that Santa was never the one to actually save his sister. He failed that task and thus, those four words failed him... or something like that :gregory:
And yeah, Santa would probably hate Clover anyway, even if he didn't know that she could go all psycho.. but that's probably just because Santa and Clovers persoanlities doesn't mix well.
I don't remember ever being told what bracelet numbers the kids had in the first game, and a quick google search revealed nothing either.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I did think about the 4 leaf clover as well.... Santa had seen Akane "die" (even if it didnt REALLY happen) - he didnt have good luck and couldnt save his sister even though he had the 4 leaf clover - so to him. it was useless and almost worked the opposite way, right?
Something like that :D

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
I still can't get how Ace confused Nijisaki with Snake. Sure, he has prosopagnosia but the two of them have two different haircuts and hair color. If I had prosopagnosia, I'll probably notice that it was Nijisaki, not Snake. Then again, I don't have prosopagnosia (man, what a long word!) so I might not. But still...

Blah!

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
I still can't get how Ace confused Nijisaki with Snake. Sure, he has prosopagnosia but the two of them have two different haircuts and hair color. If I had prosopagnosia, I'll probably notice that it was Nijisaki, not Snake. Then again, I don't have prosopagnosia (man, what a long word!) so I might not. But still...

Spoiler:
I'm sure that Santa/June/sneaky henchmen were able to change Nijisaki's hair style to look similar to Snake's while he was out cold. Or at least put a wig on him.
It seems that Snake and Nijisaki's hair are similar if you compare the screenshots of Ace confronting him to the various screenshots of Snake nearby on this SPOILERY page of the CGs: http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/9h9p9d/sheet/37924
The only major difference is that Nijisaki's hair is darker, but since he was wearing the same clothes as Snake, Ace may have figured that Snake just got his hair dirty somehow. Or maybe he just didn't notice the hair color due to his prosopagnosia.

blahmoomoo wrote:
AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'm sure that Santa/June/sneaky henchmen were able to change Nijisaki's hair style to look similar to Snake's while he was out cold. Or at least put a wig on him.
It seems that Snake and Nijisaki's hair are similar if you compare the screenshots of Ace confronting him to the various screenshots of Snake nearby on this SPOILERY page of the CGs: http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/9h9p9d/sheet/37924
The only major difference is that Nijisaki's hair is darker, but since he was wearing the same clothes as Snake, Ace may have figured that Snake just got his hair dirty somehow. Or maybe he just didn't notice the hair color due to his prosopagnosia.

Spoiler:
Besides, there are different grades of prosopagnosia. Maybe Ace's is really severe. He couldn't do that puzzle with the pictures of the nine players, which suggests he can't diferentiate between different hairstyles, either. He should at least have gotten Clover (bright pink hair), Santa (white hair), and maybe Lotus (huge blue-ish braid) and June (the only person remaining that had long hair) right, but he didn't.
Also, Junpei managed to trick him into thinking he was Santa, even though their hairstyles are completely different. So his prosopagnosia is probably pretty bad, to the point he can't use hairstyles to distinguish a person from other. That's why he couldn't tell Nijisaki was not Snake.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I don't get how Junpei tricked Ace into thinking he was Santa when it was said at the start Santa's number was 3. Junpei's was 5.
Junpei was wearing different clothes to Santa. Even if his condition was really bad, can't he recognise clothes?
He couldnt tell Snake and Clover apart (completely different) - he said "Now that you mention it...", so....
Didnt the cards in the boxes have numbers 1-9 on them?

Spoiler:
You don't remember the confrontation in the safe ending grim_tales? Technically, Ace wasn't fooled BECAUSE he knew that Santa's bracelet was the number 3, and Junpei'sn was no. 5. That's how Ace accidentally gave himself away: that he recognized Junpei because of bracelet, rather than his facial structure. And Junpei told Ace that he and Santa had swapped clothes.
He couldn't tell Snake and Clover apart? When is that?

OBJECTION!

Ahh.. I didnt remember that part in the safe ending! :D
Spoiler:
I thought the part about Snake/Clover (quite near the start) is when Junpei tells Ace its surprising to him that Snake/Clover are siblings as they look nothing alike. Ace says "Hmmm... now that you mention it...", something which Junpei picks up on as sounding a bit weird.
I think its when you choose Door 5.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
IIRC, it wasn't that he couldn't tell them apart, but in the segment where you were looking for Snake, Junpei said something like, "Do you think Snake and Clover are really siblings? They don't look alike at all." and Ace was like, "O-Oh, yeah... Now that you mention it..."

Also, on this website (zomg spoilers!) http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/9h9p9d/sheet/37924 I don't remember that picture of the satellite on the fifth row and last column. When was it in the game? :yuusaku:

OBJECTION!

Hmmm... I really don't remember that picture/scene being in the game either.
Maybe thats a secret? Or maybe just a very quick flash in one of the videos?

Thanks for pointing that out with Ace BTW, I couldn't place the scene.

I'm pretty sure that scene is in the game, but I don't remember where...

Blah!

Spoiler:
Good point about the hair style thing. Indeed, Ace was confused about how Junpei was claiming that he was Santa, and said that his watch number was different. Anybody else would have said "there's no way you two could have gotten super realistic disguises in here" or something like that.

Which means Ace just doesn't notice the unusual hair styles many of them have. So :pearl: = :zenitora:

And that picture you're talking about is actually Apollo 13. It's brought up during Snake's explanation of how the original nonary game was supposed to work. With Apollo 13, engineers on Earth had a the duplicate spacecraft that they could devise solutions on and communicate them back to the crew on Apollo 13. The idea behind the original nonary game was similar to this, except using the morphogenetic field rather than a radio to communicate solutions.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

grim_tales wrote:

I don't recall seeing that at all... maybe it could have been one of those glycerin stories, or possibly an unused image... Or... maybe a hint to something later?
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

grim_tales wrote:

I don't recall seeing that at all... maybe it could have been one of those glycerin stories, or possibly an unused image... Or... maybe a hint to something later?
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Did anyone kind of wished the 9th Man decided to live a lot longer before he died (like "Snake") or not die at all? Really, the game revolves around 7 people (not counting Snake since he "died" pretty early in the Nonary Game).

And incidentally, I noticed that in the trailer, you can see an image of the 9th Man's hand placed on the RED just like the other players. But in the game, when it said that the 9th Man authenticated on the RED, it just flashed to an image of the RED having 3 asterisks displayed on it instead of an image of his hand being placed there. Anyone find that odd?

Oh, and that satellite image appears when Snake talks about the Nonary Game in the library.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler:
I'd liked it if the 9th Man had a bit more... significant back story. If he had a more active role in the events 9 years past. But as for Snake and 9's early disappearances. Nah. The game is about death. You're supposed to feel a sense of loss. A sense of, there could've been more done. That's the tragedy of death. It's what makes death what it is.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

PAGE 9 WOOO! /o/

So, got to play this arout a week ago and man was I pleased. Brilliant story, brilliant characters, brilliant everything! A lot of the dialogue cracked me up. That elevator conversation with June, oh god. xD And the Mercury symbol and the funyarinpa! And and many more!

Also a bit proud of myself for getting the Safe ending on my first go~
Spoiler: Safe ending
Was very pleased to watch Ace BURN. NO MERCY FOR ACE NO MERCY WHATSOEVER!! :zenitora: I don't care if he has prosopagnosia, that guy is MESSED UP. Was not pleased to watch Snake dying though...

*ehem*

Went for the True ending right after that. Now I'm working on the rest of the endings. Right now I got Sub, and... that's it lol. I'm dreading Axe. I think I might go for that last. 'xD

It's only now that I've replayed the game for the third time that I noticed a couple of interesting things:
Spoiler:
Like when June brought up "automatic writing" in room 4 - I took that as her trying to nudge Junpei into the idea that it's something she'd done before. Also Santa bringing up the incinerator in room 3 when talking about thermometers and fevers, which is a reference to what happens in the incinerator later on in the True ending.

Not too shocked about the Zero reveal, but it made a sad. :C My favorite character has to be Santa, hands down. A smartass with actual smarts to back it up. Also
Spoiler:
it's sweet how much he cares for his little sister. Saving his sister was pretty much the main driving force for going through the second Nonary Game.

Pretty sure I've got more to say but I've rambled on long enough as it is. xD Anyway, great game! If you guys liked 999 you might want to try out EVER17 (visual novel from the same writer) as well. It's got a huge WTF JUST HAPPENED factor to it that I really enjoyed~

OBJECTION!

Do you know a reliable place to get Ever 17 in English? I'd love to play it but wouldnt spend $100+ on it.
Spoiler:
I never thought of the automatic writing thing like that before - good spot! :D

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Check your inbox, grim. ;)

Another thing I just remembered:
Spoiler:
When Santa tells Junpei not to trust anybody and that "the person you're closest to might just be the one to stab you in the back" in room 4, at first I thought it was just him being bitter. But looking back on it, more than just being bitter I think he was trying to clue Junpei in on Zero's true identity that early on. It's pretty obvious that Junpei trusted Akane more than anyone, so... yeah.

Santa has an interesting way of showing that he cares. xD Maybe he has a softer spot for Junpei, knowing Akane likes him and all?

Nii wrote:
Spoiler:
When Santa tells Junpei not to trust anybody and that "the person you're closest to might just be the one to stab you in the back" in room 4, at first I thought it was just him being bitter. But looking back on it, more than just being bitter I think he was trying to clue Junpei in on Zero's true identity that early on. It's pretty obvious that Junpei trusted Akane more than anyone, so... yeah.

Santa has an interesting way of showing that he cares. xD Maybe he has a softer spot for Junpei, knowing Akane likes him and all?

Spoiler:
Santa definitely drops a few hints. It's not only that, but he's also the one who gives Junpei the 4-leaf clover.
It's a shame that we know nothing about the relationships between the characters; we don't really know what they think about each other. Especially Snake, Santa and June, since they all were in the first Nonary Game; I think they're probably pretty close, especially since it's implied that Snake might have helped them plot the whole thing.

OBJECTION!

Nii wrote:
Check your inbox, grim. ;)

Spoiler:

That's a very good point. It's amazing what foreshadowing can do.
Spoiler:
Maybe he was trying to give Junpei a clue that Zero = Akane. And he knew junpei trusted Akane above anyone else.
Or actually, I think its more of a clue to Ace being a villain. They all trusted Ace, yet Junpei was literally stabbed in the back by Ace (with the Knife).

Ich liebe dich, baby~

mai wrote:
Spoiler:
Santa definitely drops a few hints. It's not only that, but he's also the one who gives Junpei the 4-leaf clover.
It's a shame that we know nothing about the relationships between the characters; we don't really know what they think about each other. Especially Snake, Santa and June, since they all were in the first Nonary Game; I think they're probably pretty close, especially since it's implied that Snake might have helped them plot the whole thing.

Spoiler:
Part of me wishes we did know more about what the characters thought about each other, but if we did then we won't have as much reason to speculate - and where's the fun in that? ;D

I think Santa would be more inclined to help out Snake and Clover since they were part of the first Nonary Game - I'm looking at how Santa suddenly shot forward when the 9th Man grabbed Clover for the first time, but it could as easily have been chivalrous instinct, I dunno. I like reading into things hurr. xD

I didn't catch that bit about Snake being deeply involved in the second Nonary Game, but it does seem weird for him to be blissfully unaware of what's going on behind the scenes with smarts like his. If he really was involved with all that then it would have definitely made his disappearance a lot easier to pull off. And his words of reassurance to Clover the first time they split up would have a much deeper meaning.

grim_tales wrote:
That's a very good point. It's amazing what foreshadowing can do.
Spoiler:
Maybe he was trying to give Junpei a clue that Zero = Akane. And he knew junpei trusted Akane above anyone else.
Or actually, I think its more of a clue to Ace being a villain. They all trusted Ace, yet Junpei was literally stabbed in the back by Ace (with the Knife).

Spoiler:
Makes me wonder why he'd even try to let Junpei know that Akane is Zero though. I get the "don't trust anyone" line, but the "the one closest to you" part is what boggles me. I like to think it's his genuine concern slipping through the cracks. Jerk with a Heart of Gold.

Hmm... I dunno about Ace. I didn't really get the impression that Junpei and the others trusted him more than they did everyone else. To be honest, he was the first person I most wary off - just got a bad vibe from him. His "sacrifice" by staying behind in the large hospital room only made me more suspicious of him. Or maybe I'm just that skeptical. Worked out well for me in the end though; got the Safe ending the first time. xD

Narumitsu > All

I'm so glad this has a thread here! It's one of my favorite games <3 I roleplay Ace on Tumblr, too, so he's become my favorite~ XD

OBJECTION!

Hey,
Apologies if this was already answered (can't remember):
I was just replaying it -

Spoiler:
At the start - it said Junpei fiddled with his bracelet and tried to get it off*

But Zero/June says that if you attempt to remove the bracelet the bomb will explode. How come, at that point - Junpei doesnt think "Thats weird, I tried to remove mine and nothing happened..?"

*However, I did find an interesting line of foreshadowing (?) - just after the part when Junpei inspects the bracelet, it says Junpei felt as though he were about to explode

Which is exactly what is "supposed" to happen if, according to Zero, you try to remove the bracelet!

Also, I think guessed the end twist now I know - if Junpei was on the sea - why wouldnt he see anything?

Blah!

Spoiler:
I think the watches were designed so you couldn't get them off by using your bare hands, but it may have been possible to take them off using tools. If somebody was successful in taking the watch off with a tool, then they would explode. It makes sense; you don't want everybody in the game to explode when they wake up and instinctively try to take off the watch.

I'm not sure what you mean by the sea. Junpei was never in a boat in a body of water. Notice that all the windows were covered with steel, so nobody could look outside and realize they were actually in a building in a desert.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Thats a good point about the bracelets, I didnt think of that :D
I didnt realise the windows were covered with steel. I was wondering if, now I've played through all the endings, there are hints to the desert twist somewhere. I thought it said he saw total blackness or something, maybe thats a hint he wasnt actually on a boat (he thinks he is when waves come though!) :D

Spoiler:
Did Snake/Clover only wake up in the same room because Snake was blind so Clover had to be his eyes? I thought for sometime it was because they were brother and sister, but Santa and June are siblings but they didnt wake up in the same room.

Page 9 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station