Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 13[ 502 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

Re: Fire Emblem seriesTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
I finally joined the cool-kids club and bought an XL along with Fire Emblem off of Amazon.... If only Amazon and/or my local retailers had the game in stock goddamit. I don't like downloading my games. Personal preference.
I played the demo, and I thought it was really awesome. Looking forward to forcing my minions to marry each other.

In a game where every character has backstory and personality and is relatively unique despite a class system and permadeath is in play meaning you can lose those souls forever....you consider them minions?

You're a monster Blak!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
I finally joined the cool-kids club and bought an XL along with Fire Emblem off of Amazon.... If only Amazon and/or my local retailers had the game in stock goddamit. I don't like downloading my games. Personal preference.
I played the demo, and I thought it was really awesome. Looking forward to forcing my minions to marry each other.

In a game where every character has backstory and personality and is relatively unique despite a class system and permadeath is in play meaning you can lose those souls forever....you consider them minions?

You're a monster Blak!

I consider every character in strategy/RTS games my minions. What fun would it be if they all thought for themselves :will:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

I've found it! I actually found a physical copy!

Now this game is kicking my ass, figuratively. Maybe I shouldn't have started on Hard Classic instead of Hard Casual?
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

javadoz wrote:
I've found it! I actually found a physical copy!

Now this game is kicking my ass, figuratively. Maybe I shouldn't have started on Hard Classic instead of Hard Casual?

Nice. I'll probably play Hard Classic without resetting my game. That'll be the real challenge of the game for me. I tried Lunatic on the Demo and I got my ass handed to me way too quickly.

Gettin' Old!

I'm the kinda guy who doesn't like letting folks die, I'll play Classic but probably not Hard, so I don't have to infinitely replay levels to keep folks alive.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

So true, Pierre. Especially in some of the later missions, it's as much a matter of luck as it is strategy. Unless your unit is such a good dodger that the enemy has a 0% chance of hitting, or your unit's Defense and Resistance are both extremely high, it takes only a few lucky hits with the right kind of attack to kill even your best units.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
So true, Pierre. Especially in some of the later missions, it's as much a matter of luck as it is strategy. Unless your unit is such a good dodger that the enemy has a 0% chance of hitting, or your unit's Defense and Resistance are both extremely high, it takes only a few lucky hits with the right kind of attack to kill even your best units.

Always have a healer on hand, always let the General/Great Knight take multiple hits otherwise ensure the person is only going to encounter one combat that turn.

Be my rules to survive =D.

Then again I did lose Cormag to a 1% critical chance spell before...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Easier said than done in an open-field battle when the enemy has both fighters and spellcasters within range and said enemies aren't going to stay put.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Easier said than done in an open-field battle when the enemy has both fighters and spellcasters within range and said enemies aren't going to stay put.

True I suppose that's why chokepoints are so vital but sometimes you just got to pray I guess.

Still will be great when it finally comes out in Europe, seen so many things in this game that I'd like.

Though while I bash the Agarest series' weird marriage and kid system I guess I'm ok with this one....possibly just blatant hypocrisy because it's a franchise I support but I'd like to think it handles it with a bit more class.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Though while I bash the Agarest series' weird marriage and kid system I guess I'm ok with this one....possibly just blatant hypocrisy because it's a franchise I support but I'd like to think it handles it with a bit more class.

Some of the S-Rank support conversations leave a lot to be desired, with the romantic aspect seeming to come out of nowhere, but most of the ones I've seen are relatively believable. ...Or maybe I'm just too fond of marrying as many characters off as possible and see something that isn't there rather than accept that some of the couples don't really work. Still, if you want all the children to be available, you have to marry almost everyone off, including one character who looks and acts way too young to really understand what marriage entails. A few of the pairings are pretty easy to build and seem to make perfect sense (Chrom and Sumia, for example), but once you start running out of people to marry off, the remaining options run the risk of becoming disturbing (I still have no idea who would make a good husband for Tharja. Henry's certainly crazy enough, but I have to wonder if there's anyone she can really form that special bond with).

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Some of the S-Rank support conversations leave a lot to be desired, with the romantic aspect seeming to come out of nowhere, but most of the ones I've seen are relatively believable. ...Or maybe I'm just too fond of marrying as many characters off as possible and see something that isn't there rather than accept that some of the couples don't really work. Still, if you want all the children to be available, you have to marry almost everyone off, including one character who looks and acts way too young to really understand what marriage entails. A few of the pairings are pretty easy to build and seem to make perfect sense (Chrom and Sumia, for example), but once you start running out of people to marry off, the remaining options run the risk of becoming disturbing (I still have no idea who would make a good husband for Tharja. Henry's certainly crazy enough, but I have to wonder if there's anyone she can really form that special bond with).

That's a little weird from what I remember from Sacred Stones there was always some chemistry coming up between the folks in preparation for the final one. Well except in the case of Natasha and Joshua since he was always so eager and she was always so...resistant but I imagine with an S rank dedicated solely for magic it would make sense for it to be a bit heavy handed in the romance section.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

元・超会社員級の管理人

Finished it a few days ago. While there's a few things I didn't like (lack of mission variety, rushed nature of S-rank supports and the troubles of making so many people potential partners), overall it was a great game. Gerome wound up being my best unit - the man is Haar reborn.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

In Justice We Trust

He wound up being pretty good in my playthrough, too. Virion was the father, and thanks to his time as a Bow Knight, Gerome wound up inheriting Bowbreaker. Certainly a nice skill for a flier to have. I think my best unit wound up being Severa, though there are still enough levels left for everyone that that could change pretty quickly.

Gettin' Old!

Guys I need opinions.

I was looking over potential support links to marry folks off in Awakening.

Then I saw Anna...f**!ing Anna....Anna who can only marry the protagonist and no one else. Hell she barely interacts with anyone else despite her showing some interest in Chrom in the Side Missions.

Now I don't have anything against Anna but I feel I'd be forcing my hand seeing as if the protagonist (Wakka) marries her it will optimise the amount of children in my army as no one else could have a child with her.

Plus y'know....family discount (I wish).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Guys I need opinions.

Then I saw Anna...f**!ing Anna....Anna who can only marry the protagonist and no one else. Hell she barely interacts with anyone else despite her showing some interest in Chrom in the Side Missions.

Now I don't have anything against Anna but I feel I'd be forcing my hand seeing as if the protagonist (Wakka) marries her it will optimise the amount of children in my army as no one else could have a child with her.

Ehh don't worry about it. MU gets a lotta characters to marry off that other people can't even interact with. I'm looking at you spotpass characters!

And Anna can't have a kid. She'd only produce Morgan with you. Sorry brah, but them's the breaks.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Guys I need opinions.

Ehh don't worry about it. MU gets a lotta characters to marry off that other people can't even interact with. I'm looking at you spotpass characters!

And Anna can't have a kid. She'd only produce Morgan with you. Sorry brah, but them's the breaks.

Wait you can breed with the spotpass randoms....considering they'd be my friends that's just weird.
Yeah but again the fact Anna can only have your kid is part of the appeal, frees up a unique kid for someone else yeah?

That was the worry. It's probably nothing though just wondering if there's any outstanding reason I shouldn't do it. :yuusaku:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Wait you can breed with the spotpass randoms....considering they'd be my friends that's just weird.
Yeah but again the fact Anna can only have your kid is part of the appeal, frees up a unique kid for someone else yeah?

That was the worry. It's probably nothing though just wondering if there's any outstanding reason I shouldn't do it. :yuusaku:

By spotpass, I mean the extra maps Nintendo gave us (assuming EU got them right now). There's no real reason to not marry Anna since as long as you marry all the other females to anyone that's not the MU you'll get a kid. Just make sure not mess up their skills!

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

By spotpass, I mean the extra maps Nintendo gave us (assuming EU got them right now). There's no real reason to not marry Anna since as long as you marry all the other females to anyone that's not the MU you'll get a kid. Just make sure not mess up their skills!

The only one who has a unique skill anyway is Donnell right? With his amazing growth gonna have me a super invincible little Pegasus Knight with Cordelia.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Assuming none of the scripted mothers die, there will always be thirteen second-generation characters. Marrying someone who's already scripted to have a child will not deny your party access to said child. For example, because I married Cordelia, I have two daughters: Morgan and Severa.

Gettin' Old!

Is there a 'deadline' for baby day?

Like do I need to have people with S rank before Chapter X or no kid?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Nope.
Spoiler: just in case you don't know about Marth
Once the characters are married, a Paralogue will open up in which you can recruit the child in question. Some Paralogues can be accessed as early as after Chapter 13, but some will not be accessible until later. Oh, and Chrom automatically marries someone after Chapter 11 if you haven't married him off before then.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Nope.
Spoiler: just in case you don't know about Marth
Once the characters are married, a Paralogue will open up in which you can recruit the child in question. Some Paralogues can be accessed as early as after Chapter 13, but some will not be accessible until later. Oh, and Chrom automatically marries someone after Chapter 11 if you haven't married him off before then.

Yeah wasn't happy about Chrom's sudden engagement to Sumia.
It was too soppy for my liking and I'd wanted to explore my options but oh well.
I take it Chrom's kid is always the same one?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Yes. In addition to Lucina, Chrom will also be the father to his wife's scripted child. With Sumia, that would mean Cynthia.

Edit: sorry about editing the quote in your post there. I was correcting for a spoiler that some people might not know about yet.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Yes. In addition to Lucina, Chrom will also be the father to his wife's scripted child. With Sumia, that would mean Cynthia.

Edit: sorry about editing the quote in your post there. I was correcting for a spoiler that some people might not know about yet.

Err...I don't actually see the spoiler, or more the information in the tag doesn't seem connected to the spoiler hint or spoilerish at all but no worries still more kids are always cool.

I hate what this game has done to the way I think of support links. It's no longer about what's nice as it is about kids.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Well, if someone doesn't know the truth about Marth, it goes without saying that he/she has yet to learn the full details regarding the children.

I'll admit, I have my issues with how some of the romantic supports come off as contrived in the end. This is pretty much why I read transcripts of the support conversations beforehand. This way, I can actually pair together characters whose conversations suggest they would actually go well together.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Well, if someone doesn't know the truth about Marth, it goes without saying that he/she has yet to learn the full details regarding the children.

I'll admit, I have my issues with how some of the romantic supports come off as contrived in the end. This is pretty much why I read transcripts of the support conversations beforehand. This way, I can actually pair together characters whose conversations suggest they would actually go well together.

Same reason I had Sumia sitting at rank A with Chrom, I wanted to see how the pairing was going before 'forcing' a wedding.
I thought Donnel's one was nice enough so went ahead with that.

Panne and Kellem would just love to have that S rank one but I don't really think their relationship is all that so I'm holding out for other options.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Truth be told, I didn't care that much for Chrom and Sumia's S-Rank support conversation. There's a transcript of it if you're curious about it, though. Personally, I think their scene after Chapter 11 is better.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Truth be told, I didn't care that much for Chrom and Sumia's S-Rank support conversation. There's a transcript of it if you're curious about it, though. Personally, I think their scene after Chapter 11 is better.

I kinda assumed they just skipped ahead and gave me it AS the chapter 11 scene but I suppose it was alright, I dislike pushed romances though and Sumia was being pushed all the way. Eh don't matter at least I use her, which is more than I can say for Anna when I eventually pair her with the Avatar.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Interesting choice of wife. Then again, I suppose I'm one to talk, considering that I married someone who's still getting over her feelings for someone else.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

General Luigi wrote:
Interesting choice of wife. Then again, I suppose I'm one to talk, considering that I married someone who's still getting over her feelings for someone else.

My first playthrough I made the mistake of marrying Miriel. It's not that I dislike brainy women, it's just that there was almost no.... romance in their conversations :\

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:

Choosing her because, she seems nice enough and there is no one else for her so I can maximise the baby output for my army if the Avatar pairs up with her.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fate Testarossa

I think I married Lissa on my first playthrough.

Second one, I married Henry.

Fate is made by クロス

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Choosing her because, she seems nice enough and there is no one else for her so I can maximise the baby output for my army if the Avatar pairs up with her.

How exactly is it maximizing baby output if the amount of second-generation characters is unaffected by who you marry?

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

How exactly is it maximizing baby output if the amount of second-generation characters is unaffected by who you marry?

Because I'm dumb and didn't know how the system works.
Didn't realise that no matter whether you have a kid with someone or not they still have another kid. I thought it was a one-baby-per-couple policy and that by having a kid with someone I'd override their kid.

I'd like a good pairing for Kellem but I can barely see any romance in the previous two I A-ranked.
I also hear Virion and Panne is a beautiful one but I was kinda set on him and Cherche, I'm quite a fan of those secretary-style romances.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

In my opinion, there are quite a few people Cherche goes well with, and Virion is easily one of them. Some characters are just easier to marry off than others.

Gettin' Old!

If you have any good suggestions for Kellem I'd gladly take them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:

I married Kellam with Nowi and I thought it was an adorable one.
I also married Viruon with Panne and it was definitely a beautiful romance

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I married Kellam with Nowi and I thought it was an adorable one.
I also married Viruon with Panne and it was definitely a beautiful romance

Eh too late, I went Panne and Vaike because I want an awesome ultimate physical thing in the future.
Though I'll try with Nowi, been wondering. Course eventually I'll be running out of options.

Who else do I want to marry....myself to someone, but if there's no one available there's always Anna. I want someone for Gregor because he's awesome enough.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I also ended up marrying Kellam off to Nowi. Out of all his support conversations with potential wives, his supports with Nowi are easily my favorite. Gregor, in my opinion, makes a good husband for Cherche or Miriel, though I haven't looked over all his support conversations yet. As for the player character, I thought the supports with Cordelia, Nowi, Lucina, Cynthia, and Tiki were all good.

Gettin' Old!

Tharja: "Aha! You disarm your foes with terrifying honesty and sincerity!"
Henry: "Actually I disarm my foes by removing their arms, but your way sounds impressive too!"

God I love Henry I need to find him a good wife.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 5 of 13 [ 502 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station