Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 12 of 18[ 700 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Re: The Final Fantasy franchiseTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Like I already said: Light's denial and mistrust towards her sister is understandable. Not just cause Sera's l'Cie thing sounded like the worst kind of stupid lie (it's like if I said I was late to work cause a reincarnation of Jack The Ripper had been following me and I had to shake him off before signing a marriage license at the courthouse), the two had already been somewhat alienated from each other ever since their parents died and Light shed Eclair and became Lightning.

I'm beating a dead horse right now, but my point isn't that Lightning didn't instantly believe something that sounds like a stupid lie. My point is that when your own sister tells you what sounds like a stupid lie, you don't just send the problem away, you sit down and reason it out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Episode Zero state that Light agreed to the annual celebration of the day she escaped the womb party specifically because she wanted to bond with Serah before she left for Eden? I know by now that you and I will never agree on this, but sitting down and reasoning it out is more understandable to me than flat out threatening someone.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Pierre wrote:
I'll admit when I played ff4 I felt Rosa kinda didn't do much except get kidnapped either...I think she's just swamped with more interesting characters in that game its easy to overlook her.

I can't think of a single IV character that could be more interesting than Rosa. (And no, this isn't a compliment, it's like if I said someone is better than Rinoa... it's not that difficult to be more interesting/better than Rosa/Rinoa, respectively) Only one I kinda liked was Tellah and only cause I made fun of his death.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Its kinda personal taste then. Kain was kinda a badass Edge was a lovable but dedicated romantic,Yang was a cool martial arts guy (kinda a favourite of mine) and Cid was wonderfully quirky more so than most Cids in the games.

Rosa was...pretty much a typical quiet white mage by comparison.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

You know, a Mario game!

How can you not like Cecil?! He's without a doubt the most likeable protagonist in FF history! He has a very substantial amount of character development, and when I saw an LP of the game (I've never actually played it myself) I really felt sorry for him at times. How come whenever anyone brings up the good characters in FF IV, it's always Rosa, Kain, and Tellah, but never Cecil? One thing I like about him is that, unlike pretty much every other Final Fantasy Protagonist, he's neither whiney nor pointlessly edgey and mean.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
How can you not like Cecil?! He's without a doubt the most likeable protagonist in FF history! He has a very substantial amount of character development, and when I saw an LP of the game (I've never actually played it myself) I really felt sorry for him at times. How come whenever anyone brings up the good characters in FF IV, it's always Rosa, Kain, and Tellah, but never Cecil? One thing I like about him is that, unlike pretty much every other Final Fantasy Protagonist, he's neither whiney nor pointlessly edgey and mean.

He was dubbed by sasuke in the ds version xD hard not to consider him whiny and angsty then.

Though sure he wasn't bad
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Its kinda personal taste then. Kain was kinda a badass Edge was a lovable but dedicated romantic,Yang was a cool martial arts guy (kinda a favourite of mine) and Cid was wonderfully quirky more so than most Cids in the games.

Rosa was...pretty much a typical quiet white mage by comparison.

Quote:
How can you not like Cecil?! He's without a doubt the most likeable protagonist in FF history!

Cecil's inner turmoil is so resolved very fast and stops being mentioned shortly after the Bomb Ring delivery and only again when he went back into Mysidia. Then it was all "I am so sorry!" "Well go up to the mountain and become a Paladin, then we'll forgive you." "Oh Ok-Hey I'm back and I'm a Paladin now!"

Kain was... I didn't like him instantly in IV cause he pissed me off so much in Dissidia. (And being voiced by Laim O'Brien just amplified it) Edward... ARGH!! He is such a whiny Tidus! Edge is annoying - he's like Edgar, if you take all likeability away from him. Cid is... pointless. Yang... meh. I kinda begun having an aversion to all martial arts guys that have the yells in them, cause it just makes me think of fighting games that have Bruce Lee knock offs, which just annoys me... Unless it's an image like this.

I guess blowing your snot all over an enemy is a good strategy... :ron:

Spoiler: Lightning and Aerith wearing each other's clothes

...damn Aerith looks hot in that outfit...

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

Dissidia messed up everyone. No one in that game was completely faithful to their original game. They made Kefka into a goofy comic relief by removing the aspects that actually made him intimidating and scary. They emphasized Cloud's emo-ness 1000x more than it ever was in Final Fantasy VII. They flanderized everyone. The only character that was actually better in Dissidia than they were in their own game was Tidus, who is actually somewhat tolerable.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Dissidia messed up everyone. No one in that game was completely faithful to their original game. They made Kefka into a goofy comic relief by removing the aspects that actually made him intimidating and scary. They emphasized Cloud's emo-ness 1000x more than it ever was in Final Fantasy VII. They flanderized everyone. The only character that was actually better in Dissidia than they were in their own game was Tidus, who is actually somewhat tolerable.

I dunno I was more than happy to get more Jecht, and from what I hear WoL and Firion didn't really have much character in the first place being from such an early era of video games. Neither did Onion Knight actually, since they chose not to go with the DS's remake and make it Luneth instead. Tidus was still annoying as ever, only difference is that the game is more than happy to show him as a stupid fool. Seriously, the only reason he gets to be on the side of the good guys is because Jecht literally passed him his good guy badge to stop him getting killed. Constantly wanting to go up against your Dad and kill him? Definitely Chaos :ron:

Also Cloud's emo-ness was totally in line with Advent Children :ron: It's just annoying Square thinks those kind of angsty types are the kind we want these days.

As for Kefka? Nah I like his comedic sensibility and I still felt he had some pretty good scenes, I especially like his climax cutscene in Terra's story where he's chasing her and stalking her through the place. Also I think YOU are overselling Kefka's intimidating elements. This is the man who had a tantrum in bafflement and jumped up an down as a castle disappeared into the sands that he wanted to go into.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
They made Kefka into a goofy comic relief by removing the aspects that actually made him intimidating and scary.

Actually... Kefka was hilarious in VI. And he was still intimidating and entertaining in Dissidia. Just listening to Susumu Chiba's lines at times, especially when he switches from goofy-playing to insane-screeching and low growling intimidation. Listen to him in Tina's story (1:40 Onwards - I especially love it around 2:13, his insane screeching is awesome)

Quote:
This is the man who had a tantrum in bafflement and jumped up an down as a castle disappeared into the sands that he wanted to go into.

*cough* There was SAND on his boots! (And that laugh in the SNES version was creepy)

C-A

PS: I just listened to Forever Rachel! :larry:

I've felt worse.

dimentiorules wrote:

I'd say Vaan was handled properly. He retained his lack of character development from XII, and even spelled out that XII was a game about gray and gray morality in case anyone missed it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:

I'd say Vaan was handled properly. He retained his lack of character development from XII, and even spelled out that XII was a game about gray and gray morality in case anyone missed it.

Yeah but Vaan didn't really do much in Dissidia did he? (Kinda like his own game really), he was more of a vessel for Brainwashed!Terra's story.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I liked Rydia in Final Fantasy IV myself. I mean, I thought it was hilarious how a little girl, who watched her village burned down, sucked it up and told off Edward, a grown man who was whining over the death of his girlfriend. Seeing Rydia overcoming her childhood trauma pretty quickly and showing up a grown, whiny man was pretty awesome in my book. That, and I liked the part where she shows up to save the day when the party fights Golbez. She had some pretty rad entrances.

Cat, I've probably forgotten, but what version of FFIV did you play? Was it the shoddy FFII U.S. version?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Cat, I've probably forgotten, but what version of FFIV did you play? Was it the shoddy FFII U.S. version?

No, no. Final Fantasy IV Easytpe for the Super Nintendo. I had a decent translation (except that the Bomb Ring was called a Bomb Ring and apparently not a Package, so said Bomb Ring causing explosions and fire... made no sense that they were so shocked) and not the "Tellah is Edward's father" terrible writing.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know I have a theory. What if and this is a HUGE WHAT IF. What if..... every FF game we have known are their own world? I mean think about it KH series has different worlds under one huge sky. So if we were to take that logic and put in the FF series it all make sense..... right?
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Anthony wrote:
You know I have a theory. What if and this is a HUGE WHAT IF. What if..... every FF game we have known are their own world? I mean think about it KH series has different worlds under one huge sky. So if we were to take that logic and put in the FF series it all make sense..... right?

...I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that practically every FF takes places in its own universe - except for the sequels/prequels.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Anthony wrote:

...I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that practically every FF takes places in its own universe - except for the sequels/prequels.

C-A

Yeah each FF occurs pretty much independently of any others. FF7-2 isn't mysteriously going to finish it's space travel project and find FF8's Space Travel Project. Plus while Kingdom Hearts does do that crossover thing, the characters are there in name only, there's no actual FF-based setting (that I can recall) in any of the games and backgrounds are changed accordingly. Wakka, Selphie and Tidus are now kids on Destiny Islands. Cloud Squall, Cid, Yuffie, Tifa and Aeris all live in Hollow Bastion. Seifer's Gang takes up residence in Twilight Town and Vivi stays there too somehow coerced into the gang. Setzer also shows up there but I think he's more of a travelling gambler.

Man in hindsight KH really needs to branch beyond 7 and 8 next time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:

It would be cool to see Asche. Given how XI and XIV are MMOs, they're a bit limited. Unless they bring older characters in. I know some people will bitch if Light appears

Btw I know I dislike people who clamore for a VII remake, but I would really like to see a VI remake. The music was amazing, the characters were good (they could even expand on those that felt... less developed in the Super Nintendo game) and it was the first FF to go away from the Crystal Legend stuff. If anything, that deservers a remake.
Especially with the voices. Susumu Chiba as Kefka is just amazing.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

It would be cool to see Asche. Given how XI and XIV are MMOs, they're a bit limited. Unless they bring older characters in. I know some people will bitch if Light appears

Btw I know I dislike people who clamore for a VII remake, but I would really like to see a VI remake. The music was amazing, the characters were good (they could even expand on those that felt... less developed in the Super Nintendo game) and it was the first FF to go away from the Crystal Legend stuff. If anything, that deservers a remake.
Especially with the voices. Susumu Chiba as Kefka is just amazing.

C-A

Based on how they harp on about lightning everywhere else I'd be surprised if she wasn't an inclusion in new characters for kh3 but 11 and 14 have enough iconic NPCs that they could throw some in if they wanted. Look at Shantotto and Prishe after all. Also Ys'tola in Curtain Call is from 14.

As for a 6 remake yeah I'd like to see a lot of the old 2d games scaled up and made in 3D. Would be a more worthwhile remake project compared to X's remaster. It would seem like something completely new if they put the right effort into it.

Though I think they were working on a 5 and 6 remake on DS after 4 got that treatment but they got cancelled for whatever reason.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

Maybe FF7 and FFX world are the one in the same?

Spoiler:
Both Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega and the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania, suggest that Shinra of Final Fantasy X-2 has a connection to the company of the same name in Final Fantasy VII.

From Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega:

“Shinra is a boy who supports the Gullwings, the group which the main protagonist, Yuna, belongs to. He carries a name that gives him an association to the Shin-Ra Company, and he is researching a method that could utilize the energy of "the life force that flows through our planet." The results of this cannot be seen in FFX-2, but maybe one day his descendants will establish a "company that supplies the energy of the planet"?”

In the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Kazushige Nojima said the following:
“After quitting the Gullwings, Shinra received enormous financial support from Rin, and began trying to use Vegnagun to siphon Mako Energy from the Farplane. But, he is unable to complete the system for utilizing this energy in his generation, and in the future, when traveling to distant planets becomes possible, the Shin-Ra Company is founded on another world, or something like that....... That would happen about 1000 years after this story, I think.”

That's the gist of it.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Gettin' Old!

Anthony wrote:
Maybe FF7 and FFX world are the one in the same?

Spoiler:
Both Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega and the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania, suggest that Shinra of Final Fantasy X-2 has a connection to the company of the same name in Final Fantasy VII.

From Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega:

“Shinra is a boy who supports the Gullwings, the group which the main protagonist, Yuna, belongs to. He carries a name that gives him an association to the Shin-Ra Company, and he is researching a method that could utilize the energy of "the life force that flows through our planet." The results of this cannot be seen in FFX-2, but maybe one day his descendants will establish a "company that supplies the energy of the planet"?”

In the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Kazushige Nojima said the following:
“After quitting the Gullwings, Shinra received enormous financial support from Rin, and began trying to use Vegnagun to siphon Mako Energy from the Farplane. But, he is unable to complete the system for utilizing this energy in his generation, and in the future, when traveling to distant planets becomes possible, the Shin-Ra Company is founded on another world, or something like that....... That would happen about 1000 years after this story, I think.”

That's the gist of it.

Its a fun fan theory but the world map is too different for it to be a thing. Also materia occurs naturally and nothing like that is seen in spira
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Since the theory says VII would be on a different planet entirely, neither of those contradictions apply.

Can I just say that I personally HATE the Ultimania for any FF game? They never seem to keep things straight or contradict things in the games themselves.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Since the theory says VII would be on a different planet entirely, neither of those contradictions apply.

Ah I missed that part sorry bout that.

Still if in this supposed future Shinra travelled to "the planet" of ff7 why is ff7s space technology so primitive?

Also genetic Al Bhed traits like the cool eyes aren't present in his supposed descendants indicating they ain't got Al Bhed blood.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well Dear Mr/Mrs Whoever-Created-This-Question,

upon finding this picture and question, I went to a search page called gelbooru.
And the evidence I have found there is quite staggering that the answer to this question is...

Yes.

Yours truly,

Someone Who Bothered To Search Before Asking A Dumb Question

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

upon finding this picture and question, I went to a search page called gelbooru.
And the evidence I have found there is quite staggering that the answer to this question is...

Yes.

Yours truly,

C-A

I dislike how you think a porn website consisting entirely of fan images is sufficient evidence to overturn that question. Honestly by that logic I could pay artists to draw a picture of them standing beside each other saying "We are not lovers or sexually affiliated in anyway" 20000 times and put them all over the internet and go "Oh look....staggering evidence to show the answer to that question is no".
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
I dislike how you think a porn website consisting entirely of fan images is sufficient evidence to overturn that question. Honestly by that logic I could pay artists to draw a picture of them standing beside each other saying "We are not lovers or sexually affiliated in anyway" 20000 times and put them all over the internet and go "Oh look....staggering evidence to show the answer to that question is no".

He asked a question to fanboys (or fangirls) and I gave him the fanboy/fangirl answer. Fun fact, I looked up Luke and Asch from Tales of the Abyss on the same website. Three pages and not one of them is dirty. So no, gelbooru isn't just 100% porn.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

He asked a question to fanboys (or fangirls) and I gave him the fanboy/fangirl answer. Fun fact, I looked up Luke and Asch from Tales of the Abyss on the same website. Three pages and not one of them is dirty. So no, gelbooru isn't just 100% porn.

C-A

So you think it's ok to act like a dumb fanboy/fangirl even if you realise it's stupid?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
So you think it's ok to act like a dumb fanboy/fangirl even if you realise it's stupid?

I go by the principal: "You ask a dumb question, you're getting a dumb answer"

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

C-A

Even if you have to play the role of the dummy giving the dumb answer whether or not you believe the answer?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

C-A

Even if you have to play the role of the dummy giving the dumb answer whether or not you believe the answer?

Yes. Even if I am intelligent, if someone asks a dumb question, I will gladly be the devil's advocate who answers with the same idiocy with which they asked the question. :ron: Basically, holding a mirror in front of them.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

Yes.

Yours truly,

C-A

Excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall trying to forget that this exists, even though its existence should have been obvious considering the nature of the Internet.

Gettin' Old!

I can't approve of your stance here, but I suppose that's no difference to the usual fare.

Lets change the subject then.

Final Fantasy Type-0 is actually being localised for PS4. The music from Theathrhythm has made me a bit interested in it. I like most of the tracks from Type-0.

I'm not sure why a PSP game needs ported to a PS4 or an Xbox One. It's not enough to convince me to buy a PS4 sadly though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I hope I'm not the only one who thought the triple dragon final boss in XIII-2 was stupid. The game still isn't good, but the three dragons as final bosses just... seems dumb...

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I hope I'm not the only one who thought the triple dragon final boss in XIII-2 was stupid. The game still isn't good, but the three dragons as final bosses just... seems dumb...

C-A

If you are looking for someone to agree in hatred of FFXIII-2 and it's stupidity

You've found a friend...

How about a hug?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm not a very huggy person.

C-A

...I say this makes sense. :gant:

C-A

I tried this once. But my doctor told me, No, I'd be in liver failur within three hours.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

I tried this once. But my doctor told me, No, I'd be in liver failur within three hours.

C-A

"Cocoon" and "focus" apply to the entire cast of XIII.

sumguy28 wrote:
"Cocoon" and "focus" apply to the entire cast of XIII.

Yeah but it's more annoying when Snow says it. (I personally blame Troy Baker)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

If it's not too much trouble could I request a separate ff13 topic because then I can avoid all Cat's complaints about snow and praise for lightning all in one horrible little package.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 12 of 18 [ 700 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station