Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 30 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

CatMuto wrote:
If it was a multiverse, I'd be wondering why there is no occasion of, say, the multiverse parts segregating into each other and then an army of Links have to fight an army of Gannys. You know, teaming up and all, like in Power Rangers.

C-A

...There is. It's called Hyrule Warriors.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
If it was a multiverse, I'd be wondering why there is no occasion of, say, the multiverse parts segregating into each other and then an army of Links have to fight an army of Gannys. You know, teaming up and all, like in Power Rangers.

C-A

...There is. It's called Hyrule Warriors.

No, I mean various LINKS fighting GANNYS. Not various Zelda characters fighting other ones. As in, you actually make ALL the Gannys the villains - not just one with a semi-new design and make the OoT or TP one COSTUMES. :ron:

And I mean a game in itself, not a Dynasty Warrior game with its repeptitive gameplay, but with a small Zelda-brush splashed over it.

Like, maybe have a wizard or so try to putz with the Triforce or something, which results in an explosion that destroys the space-time continuum and has these various worlds slapping together in one (new) world. Heck, if you must feel like having it actually involve a timeline or be linked to a previous Zelda game, have the story be that Link acquiring the Triforce in Skyward Sword, then going back in time to kill Demise somehow screwed things up and the Triforce is out of balance and resulted in this happening.

Have the Links play off of each other properly - course, this would require giving some damn personality to them (though several of them already HAVE personalities, despite being supposedly the Silent Protagonist You Imagine Yourself In Place). Call it a heavily improved and expanded idea of Four Swords, with the Links dealing with a certain personality trait.

C-A

HW has Link, Young Link, and Toon Link (as well as Zelda, Sheik, and Tetra) that can fight together, that's probably as close to that concept as we're getting in official games

Also every Ganon is the same person, just looking a little different due to art style changes

Same with Link. And Zelda. Your point is moot.

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

According to the series, Zelda and Link are always reincarnated into new Zeldas and Links. Every Link and Zelda is not the same exact person. They may possess the same spirit or whatever, but that's it. If they were the exact same, they'd have memories of the other times they'd met or something, which they don't. Heck, if it was the same exact person, Link in Wind Waker would have immediately recognized who Ganon was. And to further disprove about the Zeldas being the same, Adventure of Link heavily implies that there are two Zeldas existing at the same time during the game. The one you saved in Zelda 1 and the one who has been under a sleeping curse for centuries.

Unlike Link and Zelda, the games heavily imply that it is the same Ganon throughout the whole series, never reincarnated. So for example, you are fighting against the same exact Ganon in Ocarina of Time that you are in, say, Four Swords Adventure or the original Zelda.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

^

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
^

Riveting post. :ron:

I've said it before, I don't give a flying fuck about the timelines or any of this talk of "Oooh, Ganny is just a poor widdle guy who is possessed by Demise's spirit curse and bla bla" because knowing that changes nothing about the games itself. If knowing the timelines would actually alter the in-game experience, I would try to give a crap about it. As it is, it's pointless and adds nothing to the games for me.

Actually, pretty sure I've stated this multiple times by now. So why act like I need something to be explained? I know it. I just don't care.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
^

Riveting post. :ron:

I've said it before, I don't give a flying fuck about the timelines or any of this talk of "Oooh, Ganny is just a poor widdle guy who is possessed by Demise's spirit curse and bla bla" because knowing that changes nothing about the games itself. If knowing the timelines would actually alter the in-game experience, I would try to give a crap about it. As it is, it's pointless and adds nothing to the games for me.

Actually, pretty sure I've stated this multiple times by now. So why act like I need something to be explained? I know it. I just don't care.

C-A

Complaining about something is a form of caring.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Link and the Triforce Gems
We're going to make you smile.
I accidentally created
an alternate timeline.
Link and the Triforce Gems
Come on, now don't be shy.
I learned to stay true to myself
By watching myself die.

I couldn't resist.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

What I'd love for them to somehow do is create a Zelda story taking place farther in the timeline than any previous game, and have the new gimmick be "possessing" the previous Link incarnations from each version of the timeline as the game progresses. Sort of like OoT, but on a larger scale, and thus tying together the stories in a way that'll help connect the games as a whole.

TheDoctor wrote:
What I'd love for them to somehow do is create a Zelda story taking place farther in the timeline than any previous game, and have the new gimmick be "possessing" the previous Link incarnations from each version of the timeline as the game progresses. Sort of like OoT, but on a larger scale, and thus tying together the stories in a way that'll help connect the games as a whole.

So, like, a levelselect version where you play through the important parts of the previous games? While that is an idea to connect them, there is still the lack of... connection. New players won't know what the deal is with the important scenes, it'll just be "this Link looks different and is fighting this version of Ganny". There's no... reason... behind it.

C-A

Not quite a level select thing. I guess my idea runs more along the lines of, for example, the villain is jumping through the different points in time, wreaking havoc, so you have to do the same in order to stop him.

Obviously, to do this right, one would need a better idea than I have in order to make the game flow properly, and also somehow keep the overworld from feeling too closed off. But hey, I can dream.
The New Legend Of ZeldaTopic%20Title

So... I'm really hyped for this game, it seems to be like WindWaker ON LAND! I can't wait to fly ON LAND! It's going to be so cool the throw bombs ON LAND! In this new Zelda game that takes place ON LAND!
Really though, I can't wait to traverse the world with a glider and that slow motion mechanic seems really interesting. I also can't wait for the emphasis on Hunting. There's going to be so much to explore in this game, it seems like I'll lose my social li- wait I don't have one... ANYWAY what are YOUR thoughts on the NEW and IMPROVED Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

Yabba Dabba Doo

The trailer was nice and all, but the best part of Breath of the Wild is by far the dog. No other opinions allowed, the dog is the best part.

I still say there's way too much bloom. Otherwise, I'm optimistic.

I'm avoiding all trailers and all and will just get the game upon release.

C-A

Yabba Dabba Doo

I can honestly say that the new trailer is the best trailer for anything I've ever seen in my life. I'm honestly debating buying a Switch just for Zelda. But, if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn't have any new tracks and the Wii U version runs just as well, I'll get the Wii U one instead.

Happy Maria

To the people that have got the new Zelda...how is it? I'm contemplating on getting the Switch myself just for this. It looks cool and the reviews are positive...but I'm a bit nervous myself.

I have it, but haven't played it yet and will likely not play it for at least a few days.
However, I will be even LESS helpful, since I got the WiiU version.
I do know that the game seems to have a Season Pass, which would allow you to get a higher difficulty setting down the line or so... I was offered one, but that bitch costs 22€. Like hell will I pay THAT, when the game already cost 70-fucking-€. Also, pretty sure whatever else it offers will become available later. Nintendo does stuff like that.

C-A

I'm honestly really liking it so far. I'm not in love but it definitely seems to be the "least flawed" Zelda. It's one of my favorite game series but I honestly think the best/worst game arguments about it are so varied because each game has its own set of large flaws

So yeah, I definitely think this is the least flawed Zelda game and that'll make it very popular for a long time. Combat is actually cool and exciting with enemies that are very varied. It's not just playing the waiting game and jumping backwards or using some item that you need anymore. Fights are actually exciting and keep you on your toes when you go against very strong opponents that you can kill with careful strategy and a little bit of luck. New enemies are actually scary because you have no way of knowing how strong it's going to be. I'll admit this can make me run away from some encounters because the fights can get a little long. And there's one fight in the shrine that is a lot of waiting but it's at least challenging

After getting the paraglider the world just opened up and it really is nice and varied. It's not just long and meaningless stretches of land, there was a lot of time put into this. Some areas are similar, but the game is still consistently surprising me. Sometimes when I accidentally point the camera a certain way or try to see if I can find any shrines in the distance, I get caught up with how much like a painting the landscape looks. At times this game is beautiful

I hated climbing so much at first but now it's my second favorite climbing control after Shadow of the Colossus (I know that was clunky but I thought it emphasized gripping onto the monster). Games like Assassin's Creed and Uncharted are literally just holding the direction stick and tapping x. That's not great climbing control, it's almost cinematic. In this game, you actually have to think about going on the best path are avoiding an enemy shooting at you. Do I do a jump and waste stamina? It's a strategy to climb because you need to make sure you get up a high wall without losing your stamina. Unfortunately it can be tediously slow at times if the wall is high enough to climb but only if you conserve all your stamina at the default speed. Speed potions are a must

By beating 4 shrines, you get a choice between a health or a stamina upgrade. I've used all on stamina so far because of the climbing. I'll do health next but then switch right back to stamina. Make sure to get a horse early

And the shrines themselves are actually really good. I've only had 1 that I didn't like so far out of 10. The puzzles can actually have really clever solutions at times. It's not like other Zelda games where you try to find the eye on the wall and shoot an arrow at it or push a block somewhere or using your new item in the second half of the dungeon

I will say the game has a lot more of a story to me than I thought it would. I thought it would be just Link in the world trying to get stronger to fight Ganon (I didn't watch any press material). There are still main quest objectives and cutscenes so the story is more directed than I thought it would be. I don't have a problem with this, I just didn't know about it and wanted to inform in case you thought as I did. The main quest objectives outline everything you need to do but the dungeons can still be completed in any order (I believe). So there's a lot more freedom and you're free to waste as much time as you want between the main quest objectives. I often do. Right now I'm trying to find a torch to complete one quest and I had no idea these were so hard to find after beating through so many encampments

Bear in mind, I'm less than 10 hours in. I don't know whether I'll get tired of this game or end up loving it even more. But at the moment, I don't think there will be much denial that this is a great game. Though at this point in time, I don't think I'd ever replay the game if I spend 80+ hours beating this one, even on the DLC hard mode

I am curious to see how the next 3D Zelda will be. I hope that it's something different but I think they might do another open world game with an even bigger world that's even fuller, at the fear that anything else would seem like stepping backwards. We'll know in five years I suppose

JesusMonroe wrote:
After getting the paraglider the world just opened up and it really is nice and varied. It's not just long and meaningless stretches of land, there was a lot of time put into this. Some areas are similar, but the game is still consistently surprising me.

Okay, does this mean that it's aesthetically varied and interesting or that there is actually stuff to do there while gliding or whatever? Because if it's the former, why should I care? If I can't really do much with that pretty piece of thing, it being pretty isn't gonna be very helpful.

Quote:
Bear in mind, I'm less than 10 hours in.

Ten hours in and you already had 10 dungeons...?

Quote:
even on the DLC hard mode

So, how is the hard mode? Is it akin to Hero Mode from Skyward Sword: Hearts are not dropped (unless you have an item to do so) and enemies hit harder?

Course, you could ask why I'm not just playing my own game, but I'm currently busy working on New Zack Island and enjoying it.
Also, DLC Hard Mode. I don't want difficulties to be DLC, Nintendo. That's a fuck-stupid idea.
Next thing you'll tell me that unlocking the "Start the Game" option will be DLC.

C-A

It's aesthetically interesting and varied but don't worry, the game gives you plenty to do at these locations. It's miles above Wind Waker and even Skyrim I think. Though small victories like getting a horse might matter more to me than you

And I haven't had 10 dungeons, just 10 shrines of which there are over a hundred. I believe there are only 4 dungeons and I haven't done any

And I don't think DLC hard mode is out yet

Gettin' Old!

Are ya playing it on the Switch?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yessir

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:
Yessir

Then I'll get off topic and ask you what the switch is like
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I haven't used it for anything but this game so I wouldn't really know. It's smaller than I thought and won't be as cumbersome to carry around like I thought initially. And the game still looks great on the small screen

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:
I haven't used it for anything but this game so I wouldn't really know. It's smaller than I thought and won't be as cumbersome to carry around like I thought initially. And the game still looks great on the small screen

So have you used it much on the go? Is it a comfortable thing to hold?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Haven't used it all on the go but yes, it's comfortable

JesusMonroe wrote:
It's aesthetically interesting and varied but don't worry, the game gives you plenty to do at these locations. It's miles above Wind Waker and even Skyrim I think. Though small victories like getting a horse might matter more to me than you

And I haven't had 10 dungeons, just 10 shrines of which there are over a hundred. I believe there are only 4 dungeons and I haven't done any

And I don't think DLC hard mode is out yet

I was more referring in general that something like a difficulty should not be DLC to begin with.

I dunno. I like if I can cut down on travel time, because I am not the type of player who enjoys just travelling around something in a game. If it looks great, that's cool, but I'd rather do something, you know?

C-A

There's a lot of stuff to do, it just depends on whether or not you like it. I think even just doing the main story would probably give you your money's worth

For example, you can find Koroks all around the area. They'll give you a seed. In most Zelda games, it would just be like find 100 and you'll get armor or something. In this game, you can use the seeds to increase slots in your inventory (1 to increase your weapon inventory, 2 seeds if you wanna do it again, 3 if again, etc)

Gliding is faster than walking/running when you can do it

Without getting into too much detail (I'm trying to play this as spoiler-free as humanly possible), I'm really enjoying the vast overworld. It feels like this is the sort of thing they were going for in the original Zelda, untamed wilderness dotted with enemy camps and decaying ruins all over. There's a few hints and tips on what to do, but for what I've seen so far, the game for the most part expects you to just explore the world and find things yourself.

Another nice thing is combat actually feels dangerous; the bokoblins don't pose too much of a threat, but having to fight a swarm of them gets touchy, and I'm already finding other enemies I'd rather try to avoid than have to tangle with

One thing that irks me a little is the lousy durability on most of the weapons. I mean, I get that branches and wooden clubs wouldn't hold up too well, but I'd think I could swing a metal sword more than a dozen or so times before it snaps in half. Same with bows, isn't it enough that you need to collect arrows to use them? It's a very minor complaint, though, most of the time I have to drop weapons because I'm finding more than I can carry

I'm actually currently at a point where I have no strong weapons anymore and can't fight strong enemies to get more because I don't have strong weapons...

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'm actually currently at a point where I have no strong weapons anymore and can't fight strong enemies to get more because I don't have strong weapons...

Well it's open world right?

Could always fly back to a managable area to farm weapons if thats what you need :P
Made by Chesu+Zombee

JesusMonroe wrote:

Spoiler:
Worst case scenario, at least bombs are technically infinite?

From what I've seen, Pierre, good weapons are hard to find, you need to really try to conserve them for when you really need them

Alright so now that the initial wow factor has worn off, I do have some criticisms of the game. I have 3/4 of the dungeons completed for context. This post is going to seem very negative but that's just because this post is solely for posting my criticisms. Also I won't spoil anything beyond the races you encounter in the game

-The story of this game, in my opinion, is very poor. You could say it's trying to emulate Zelda 1 in that regard but I think that's a lazy excuse as the series has moved far beyond that. You pretty much complete 4 dungeons, fight Ganon, and that's the game. You can also recollect memories that add more to the story but these are optional (technically the dungeons are optional since you can fight Ganon from the beginning but it's clear the memories are extra) and don't even really improve the story all that much. The one highlight to the story is Zelda, who's very well done

-Unfortunately, the voice acting is pretty poor. And I say this as someone who enjoys anime dubs and will always watch a good dub over the original sub. And despite Zelda being the best character, she has the worst VA by far. I enjoyed Prince Sidon's voice and the rest are...acceptable I guess

-The game only has 4 dungeons. Now, MM had 4 dungeons but I forgave that because I thought those were the 4 best dungeons in the entire series. These dungeons are all easy, short, and the same. They all use the same gimmick, have the same goal, and are more giant puzzles (no enemies) with easy bosses at the end that have poor designs. They really feel like an afterthought. I would've loved for the devs to sacrifice like 30-50 shrines if they had 8 dungeons with more effort put into them. OR, there could still be 4 dungeons but they could be massive, filled with enemies, and take up a large chunk of the overworld

-Lack of enemy variety. Every area has variations of the same enemy. In Eldin, you'll be fighting fire lizalfos instead of the normal ones, etc. The enemies are pretty much bokoblins/moblins/lizalfos/keese/lynels/guardians and it doesn't extend much beyond that. I wanted more enemy variety specific to the areas I'm in :/

-The game is easy once you get your groove. At the beginning of the game, I died a lot. But once you start getting lots of food, supplies, good armor, good weapons...yeah, you won't really be dying unless you ask for it. I guess I still occasionally die so it's better than WW where I didn't die once, but it is disappointing that the game kind of levels out once you become strong enough. I did really appreciate that the game throws you in the world and you become better from becoming experienced at the game rather than collecting exp and constantly grinding, but I do think the enemies should've maybe scaled based on how many spirit orbs you had?

-Also, I haven't personally experienced this, but I guess Ganon is pretty easy for a final boss. In fact, Hyrule castle is scattered with strong weapons so apparently it won't even be THAT difficult to beat him first try as long as you got the fundamental mechanics and timing down

-A lot of the side quests are just fetch quests or quests that reveal a shrine. There are some really cool ones I stumbled across but some are definitely thrown in to arbitrarily pad the game. I mentioned the korok seeds before and how they increase your inventory. Guess how many there are in the game? 100? 200? 300? No, there are 900 of these fuckers scattered across the land, which is more than twice the amount they can actually be useful for (after cashing in ~400, you won't be able to increase your inventory any more). If you beat the game and find that you only have 20% done, chances are a good 70% of it are those damn korok seeds. So if you're like me, you'll just say "fuck it, I'm not doing that." More than half of the environmental challenges and puzzles you come across will just give you a seed so there's no real point to doing those anymore unless you're in the mood

-I also don't really see myself replaying this game? A lot of the gameplay is in discovery and learning so I don't see it being nearly as fun unless I put some nuzlocke spin on things (can't drink/eat in battle, can't change clothes unless I'm in a town, etc). It's not like I can decide "I'll do a stealth playthrough this time!" as I already have a set of stealth and warrior armor, and just switch between them when I decide it's right

-I really liked the new designs for the races like the Zora and Rito, but why do the Goron look like ass? Am I the only one? They seem so out of place

Like I said, I'm just focused on criticisms. The game is still fun and I still like exploring (I still don't have the entire map discovered). For open world games of this size, this is definitely my favorite. But this game was initially "best game I've ever played" in my eyes, and yeah needless to say it's dropped from that. It probably still is my favorite Zelda, but only time will tell. Obviously still recommend the game but a lot of its issues are more apparent

I'd like the next Zelda game to have a smaller (still large, just not HUGE) overworld with more dungeons and villages. Maybe a dark world version of it too. Or maybe make a direct sequel to this game with the same Link and same world but some sort of MM-esque spin to it that makes it a distinctly different game

Yabba Dabba Doo

After burying 60+ hours into this damn game, I'll give my thoughts on it:

• Easily the most packed open world game I've played. There very rarely a time where I would slog through 5-10 minutes of running/gliding. I was constantly sidetracked by stuff like Shrines, Korok seeds, etc.
  • Going off the last point, there's a ton of stuff to do. With 60 hours under my belt, I'm only at 67/120 shrines, 3/4 great fairies, and 15/900 (900!) Korok seeds. The game never seems to end.
  • Story serves its purpose quite well, and I personally think the voice acting problems are overblown. The mouth movements don't match up though.
  • Dungeons are definitely shorter, but their designs are awesome and the puzzles are very open ended.
  • Shrines are also amazing, although sometimes they were ridiculously short.
  • Combat is fairly simple, but the variety of weapons keep it fresh.
  • Runes are a blast to use, although I wish there were a few more.
  • Bosses were the low point for me. None of the dungeon bosses were all that unique or exciting, and a particular one was just plain stupid. The ones in the wild are much more unique.
  • Music isn't very memorable save for the main theme and a few of the final tracks, but it fits the theme well.

Overall, it's been an utter joy to play so far and it'll easily go down as one of my favorite games I've played.

Quote:
(900!) Korok seeds

Factorial of 900? I don't think even the Switch has enough space to handle that much stuff.
Signature loading, please wait...

Yabba Dabba Doo

Cesar Zero wrote:
Quote:
(900!) Korok seeds

Factorial of 900? I don't think even the Switch has enough space to handle that much stuff.

It's a damn big game, you'd be surprised.

If you find all of the Korok seeds Half-Life 3 is unlocked

After owning the game for two weeks and not playing it, I finally decided to open up Breath of the Wild. (Which I still think is a stupid name)
Here are my main thoughts while playing the two shrines (Oman Au and Ja Biran or whatever the fuck, WORDS!) and wandering around.

1) Mmmmmh, game starts with topless, almost-naked Link~ :pearl-blush:
2) Items to eat and cook and turn into elixirs? Breaking weapons? What the hell am I playing here!? Zelda or freaking Skyrim?!
3) Fuck you, Old Man, I will just murder you (unless you are a ghost, as I am suspecting) and TAKE your paraglider.
4) The world is nice, but... I dunno, I find it a little difficult to enjoy it. With no real clue or suggestion to do anything specific except "Go to these Shrines", I have no idea where I should go. I'm probably just the type of player who doesn't care much for having a super open world; if I wanted to explore nature, I'd go outside for a walk or a hike. It feels empty and pointless to wander around, because there's nothing in here that seems to really come across as exciting or interesting to get.

Also, I was told that the plot of this game is apparently 'fuck you upable' and really depressing.
Um... I haven't gotten very far, sure, but so far, what little of the plot has been mentioned doesn't seem that bad.

C-A

PS: By the way, I had to look up a guide to figure out how to cook! Because nothing in the game tells me that you have to hold the damn materials in the inventory menu, then drop them in with A! Boy, I sure feel stupid, thinking it might be something logical, like a second option to do than just sitting at a pot at a campfire!
AND I have to get the Warm Doublet. Bitch, I made it to one of the snow-location-based shrines without it. I should get that thing by default, not by traversing through to the other side of the damn map to get some stupid meat. :ron:

I'm... not sure if I need to put these into spoiler tags, since I don't THINK they concern spoilers, but I will, just in case.

Spoiler: Opening Image + A Monster?
So, whenever you start up the game, it shows you something standing against Calamity Ganon. Okay; this turns out to be... legend... scroll... thingy. With Zelda on the other side and the huge army Hyrule put up. Okay, but why does the Hero (the thing standing against Ganon) LOOK SO MUCH LIKE Ganon, to begin with? Questions, questions...

Also, I was walking down Mt Lanayru and heading for the Naydra Snowfield, to get one of the memories (since Impa told me to), and... I encountered... Centaur Ganon? :ron: Or SOMETHING. It was, like, Ganon-looking as a centaur. Thing killed me, so I reloaded and avoided it, but WTH? Seems pretty strong, but... uh... important in terms of plot or is that just... a very strong Ganon-esque enemy?

Also, I totally ship this Link with Paya.

C-A
Page 30 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station