Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 59 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Re: [PAL as well!] Virtue's Last Reward: 999 Sequel (3DS/VitTopic%20Title

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/statu ... 8790458368

Uchikoski tweeted "D" in Morse Code

The letters posted to 4infinity were C and Q. Put them together to make CQD. In morse code, that's the radio distress signal for "help"

This distress signal is most famously known for going out during the sinking of the Titanic

(I didn't come up with this)

Smoke weed everyday.

Ladies and gentlemen, strap in. The next few days are going to be wild. This is clearly ZE related now.
Oh god where are my legs

And now "D" was actually posted on the site

It's happening

It better not be a troll or anything. I really want this game to come out :viola:

It just has to be ZE3, there is no other way.
I totally believe in it.

Smoke weed everyday.

Oh sweet baby if this isn't ZE3 I'm gonna be so upset. A kickstarter would also be pretty disappointing, but at least it would be something.

Spoiler:
Almost 60 pages deep and I'm still worried that one of the mods are gonna remember to ban my ass. What's the statue of limitations on being a dick?

Oh god where are my legs

1000% Knight

MrGiggles wrote:
Spoiler:
Almost 60 pages deep and I'm still worried that one of the mods are gonna remember to ban my ass. What's the statue of limitations on being a dick?

I'm right here with my hammer if you have any special requests :basil:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Smoke weed everyday.

Bad Player wrote:
MrGiggles wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm right here with my hammer if you have any special requests :basil:

B- but I'm pretty much the ZE liason. Almost. Kinda.

A little over 8 hours... And to think, 3 months, 2 weeks, and some change ago, I had no idea what these weird numbers were. I mean, we never actually got any definitive answers, so... I hope we get those even if this isn't ZE3.

EDIT: FUCK. I missed the 9 hour mark.
Oh god where are my legs

Blah!

So I think something is going to happen over here sometime, but it seems the stream is delayed at the moment: http://www.twitch.tv/aksys_nation

4infinity now has an embedded version of that Twitch stream, but Aksys' websites are being bogged down atm.

Blah!

Well, the stream didn't work at all, but apparently they did announce ZE3 for Summer 2016! Wish there was more to know than that, but hey.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/617072566499282945

Sorry for the double post, but I think this is important enough to notify people about.

EDIT: sounds like there might have been a trailer. Aksys is apparently looking into uploading an archive of the would-be stream, and I'm assuming there'd be a standalone trailer too.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/6 ... 4276638720
https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/6 ... 0785024000

EDIT2: Silly me should have looked over here; same goes for anyone else wanting to talk about ZE3: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31258

Woohoo it's officially coming out!! Got to get prepared!

http://m.crunchyroll.com/article/?id=128193

High level play

If this is legit: HYPE HYPE HYPE
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Great Revival

I just finished VLR... And wow. It tied up so many loose ends from 999. But there's one thing I want to know, maybe it was mentioned and I just forgot, but
Spoiler:
Who is the one in K's body in the secret ending?

Blah!

Oliver wrote:
I just finished VLR... And wow. It tied up so many loose ends from 999. But there's one thing I want to know, maybe it was mentioned and I just forgot, but
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I am pretty sure that, in the true ending, Akane came out of K's armor. She was K in all the timelines where she wasn't killed.

Great Revival

blahmoomoo wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I am pretty sure that, in the true ending, Akane came out of K's armor. She was K in all the timelines where she wasn't killed.

I don't mean the true ending, I meant the secret one.
Spoiler:
The one you need all the secret files to get.

Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It's you, the player

Great Revival

JesusMonroe wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It's you, the player

Spoiler:
Well that's kinda... anti-climactic. I was hoping it'd be another Esper...

Great Revival

(not sure if I should put this here or not) I created Swagomorph!

[Whip the cream!]

I'm glad you created a Swagomorph, since the smartass little rodent ("it's a rabbit!") had no swag whatsoever.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Figured it'd be better to place this here than over in the ZE3 thread.

Anyway, just started the game, and managed to get 1.5 endings so far. My current thoughts...

I liked Clover's design in the first game. Why'd they have to make her look like Pebbles Flintstone now (if Pebbles was a hooker, that is)?

Dio is an a**hole. Just saying. (However, with my knowledge of common clichés, this likely means he's one of the few people I can trust).

How the heck does Alice just barely manage to stay this side of the ESRB rating with that getup? By all rights, just her walking around should be a enough to turn this into an AO rating.

Looking at the cast list, I see Wendee Lee voiced Clover in the English dub, whereas Yukari Tamura voiced her in Japanese audio. I've only ever liked Lee's voice as Athena (since I hadn't seen Faye Valentine yet, which ruined me on the voice for everyone else). On the other hand, Tamura's voice has been consistently likeable in everything I've heard her in. Japanese audio it is.

On that note, I was curious to hear what the rest of the voices sounded like in English. Really not sure why, but the English audio option makes everyone talk with their mouth closed while the Japanese audio option has everyone's mouths synced to the audio, more or less. Sorry, even if I liked everyone's English voice, watching people talk without their mouths moving is kind of a pet peeve of mine (at least, when the character models have already been shown to be capable of lip syncing).

Last edited by TheDoctor on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blah!

Virtue's Last Reward is also getting ported!

https://twitter.com/NeoGAFNewThread/sta ... 1605691393
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749705198189314048

No mentions of what platforms it's being ported to yet, but since it's already on 3DS/Vita, this probably means it's coming to Steam.

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Sorry for the necropost but this game is so awesome, I just had to put something. And man, this has been a ride so far. I'll give a rundown below.
Spoiler: Whole Game
Initially, I went through the first and second doors with Luna and allied both times. Then I got stuck at the "lion-eating-the-sun" bit, which I presume is the secret ending. So, I go with Tenmyoji on the first door and Ally with him on the first one and then the second. I went with him on the second door as well. The first ending I got was the Tenmyoji game over, mainly because I Betrayed him at the second AB game because I got a lock after Allying (Prove the murder wasn't murder). I can't remember exactly what I did next but I got Clover's game over, Clover's actual ending (which was my first character ending), K's game over, and K's character ending. Honestly, Clover's ending was the most shocking, although that might be rivaled by K's, considering his face reveal. What I believe happened, though, is that everyone just got into a huge fight over the syringe and ended up killing each other. I might be wrong, though, don't tell me yet.

And that's it. I'm choosing Dio this time around, he's funny enough. I just had one question, though, and I only need a yes or a no.
Spoiler: K's ending
Are what the letter's K said that I needed for the "lion-eating-the-sun" puzzle the only thing I need?

Again, just give me a yes or a no.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler: K's ending
Are what the letter's K said that I needed for the "lion-eating-the-sun" puzzle the only thing I need?

Again, just give me a yes or a no.

No.
Btw, did you play 999 before playing this? It is kinda necessary to understand the plot.
Signature loading, please wait...

The video game boy; the one who wins

I'd say the plot of 999 is pretty much irrelevant to the plot of VLR. From my own experience, there were some references and recurring stuff I might have appreciated more of I had played 999 before VLR, but not with the story in itself. The only thing that bugs me is the file in VLR about the 999-characters that spoiled stuff from the game for exactly no reason at all.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Yeah, but some twists still lose their impact if you haven't played 999, especially the backstory of certain characters doesn't make much sense.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Mm, that was partly what I meant with things I'd have appreciated more if I'd played the other way around. Still, the story in itself isn't really relying on 999, and what has been established there that is important in VLR is explained. And backstories and such I think aren't too confusing if the player goes into the game knowing it's a sequel, although they may not get that much out of them at that point.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

To answer your question, no, I did not play 999 before this. However, I have a good idea of what happens in it and some callbacks I either don't mind not knowing (which helps me feel more like Sigma, since he knows nothing either) or I already know what they are (like Digital Rool playing during a certain part).
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Just another thing, because your question kind of worried me because of where you asked it.
Spoiler: K's ending again
Do I need to play 999 to know the other half of information, besides what K told me, for the lion-eating-the-sun puzzle or is that in VLR?

Blah!

Puzzles don't require information from prior games.

Sorry, I just randomly ask everyone that mentions playing VLR that, what you askeddoesn't have anything to do with 999. The only password in that game which is a reference to 999 is revealed in the game itself.

Another question that has to do with VLR, but more with Bolt's uploads. Is it just me or does his listing seem a bit incomplete? It's VERY late to be talking about this but I only recently got around to listening it but there doesn't seem to be that one suspense song that plays
Spoiler: Second Story Lock
during the discovery of Alice's death but the time when Clover demands to see evidence it wasn't a murder.
Am I just missing something here or is it really not there?

The song is called "Trepidation" from 999's OST but you might also be thinking of "Chill and Rigor", also from 999. VLR reuses songs from 999 and doesn't put them on it's soundtrack so you won't find them just looking there

I presume the song that plays in
Spoiler: Luna's Ending Path
the director's office when you first enter during the Luna's ending path, right before the lion-sun puzzle, is also from 999, since it's nowhere on the VLR OST? No, it's not the same song as the one labeled "Director's Office" in the OST, the one I'm talking about starts out very slowly, with only one note every few seconds, unlike the other song.

Correct. The name of that song is "Eternitybox"

This has to do half-and-half with 999 and VLR but I was wondering, I'm possibly getting 999 very soon. Would you say I should drop VLR, play 999, and then go back to VLR? Or keep going with VLR and then 999? Keep in mind, I already have two character endings so far and one story lock, if that means anything.

I'd say just keep going with VLR, even though my favorite twist in VLR won't mean much to you. I always, always, always recommend people play 999 first but it doesn't make much sense if you're already midway through the game

Just don't read the secret files cause like GoingForMiles said, one of them spoils 999

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'd say just keep going with VLR, even though my favorite twist in VLR won't mean much to you. I always, always, always recommend people play 999 first but it doesn't make much sense if you're already midway through the game

Just don't read the secret files cause like GoingForMiles said, one of them spoils 999

Yeah I'd be tempted to say 999 is the best game and VLR would really impact upon that if it spoiled it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I just got the Tenmyoji ending and MAN, is that one a tearjerker. I can't be the only one who sniffled a little bit, right? :larry:

I just finished it and I clocked in at about 38 hours, with every single ending. Man, that was a ride, to get all those endings at once. I'm still sad it's over, though, I got 999 today, the day after I finished so that should keep me busy. By the way, JesusMonroe, was the plot twist you were referring to a while back the one where
Spoiler: Huge Spoilers
we found out Tenmyoji is Junpei?

Spoiler:
Yes, Junpei was my favorite/second favorite 999 character so the twist was really sad and a great way of tying the two "unrelated" games together

VLR also introduces the concept of remembering other timelines early while it's one of 999's last twists
Page 59 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station