Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 6 of 45[ 1780 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
 


Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

I honestly don't know. It could be that I'm too early into the game. The game's opening cinema at least suggested something like a mutiny was going to occur to the team. So I figure the plot has to happen at some point. But if the reward for beating each world is a flashback where someone on the team emos, that means I've got maybe 7 more dungeons of depressing filler.

What made Persona 3 good was the deep characterization. Aside from Metis ending every sentence with 'sister' and everyone in your party hating Metis. There's not much characterization going on at all, even counting Ken's emo flashback.

Then, consider everyone's trapped in the dorm. Basically meaning no one can leave and do plot related things. Junpei can't act like a fool in town or at school. Yukari therefore can't scold him for it. Komaru can't go for walks. Ken's and Akihiko's plots were solved.

The only ones who aren't hindered by this is Fuuka, who's only slightly less annoying then before. And Mits-whatever who just broods.

There's no social links, no academics, charm, or courage.

In fact, the only thing of note is the Desert of Doors dungeons. It takes the best of what made Tartarus (Randomly generated, lots of turns, no doors, ability to split the team up) and some things from TV Land (Sudo-themed dungeons(?) longer hallways).

Fatigue seems to be gone… which I don't consider to be a great thing. I'm starting to run into the same problem from Persona 4 where I'm locked into a particular team.


Honestly, I think the only thing that keeps me going is the return of the ability to split up the party and summon them back to battle mid-battle, and hearing Junpei's humorous nonsense, which right now seems exclusive to his battle and dungeon quotes.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Yeah The Answer isn't much, it's DLC before the DLC age (overlooking the dreamcast for now). It's a good 20 hours (according to the box, think I stretched it out longer) of extra gameplay, largely and exclusively GAMEPLAY not story. There is story, yes Wooster you WILL have to see 7 flashbacks but they aren't all depressing and you do get to see some interesting new character portraits of some characters. It fleshes out the characters with a bit more backstory each time you beat a dungeon before culminating in the finale.

The mutiny is there as a vicious hook makes you wonder "What's going on?! Why are they doing that!" to make you play through it and find out why.

I'd say more but I'd spoil what little secrecy the Answer has. Set it on easy or whatever and power through for the small scraps of story.

Fatigue is removed fittingly because:
a) It's not technically the Dark Hour where fatigue was the problem
b) Time isn't passing really so despite their fears of dying of hunger I'm not even sure it could happen, also means they shouldn't really get tired over time.
c) Straight up gameplay mechanic, as time isn't passing and you can't sleep if you did get fatigued it would be stuck on you since it all happens in one day.


Ken's is one of the more emo flashbacks, I think most of them are rather heartwarming actually.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

I gave up on Answer about two hours in, if I wanted a grindfest I'd play any of the other non-Persona SMT games.

And yeah, I think the game just wanted to reward me with that ridiculous boss fight for not giving up on Shadow Kanji again (that or it wants me to finish the game as much as I do)

So I'm up to Naoto's dungeon.

uh

Can anyone tell me why I should take Teddie with me ever? Even for being a couple levels behind the others, he sucks hardcore. The only things he really brings to the table from what I can see is Mediarama (which Yukiko learned a while ago) and Mabufula (Chie's Mabufu knocks down ice-weak enemies just as well). I guess if there was a situation where I needed Yosuke, Kanji, healing, and ice, AND for some reason Main Guy couldn't handle anything but fire...

Speaking of, I wish Kanji had better stats but apparently he's doomed to be this game's Junpei (great character, sub-par in battles.)

Spoiler: Other thoughts up to this point
NOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD NOT KING MORON ANYONE BUT HIM :larry:

School trip was great
I uh really did not expect Chihiro to sound like that at all
MR. EDOGAWA AW YEAH seriously did anyone else love his lectures in P3 as much as I did?

KING'S GAME

Naoto - So why don't you guys tell me how you're involved with the murders?
Drunkiko - Well we save people by jumping in the TV and we're all WHOO PERSONA and then we celebrate by making the guys eat our awful cooking :D
Naoto - ¬_¬

the best

Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Don't be so harsh Franzise.

Considering how physical damage got nerfed hard between 3 and 4 Teddie is more or less a straight upgrade to Chie, he's ok physically has GOOD healing and better ice magic than her. Also screw tier's and stats, use Kanji anyway because he deserves it and MC will probably be able to pull the team solo endgame so it really shouldn't matter in the end.

Though yeah school trip was pretty cool though I didn't get the P3 section at the time. Oh Mr Edogawa with your fourth-wall teasing lectures.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

@Fransize: http://lparchive.org/Persona-4/Update%20120/
Here's some info on Teddie. Hope this helps in deciding if you want to use him or not.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Oh, alright, Ted's one of those characters that doesn't start getting good until late game. That helps, thanks.

And hey, don't get me wrong Pierre, I use Kanji plenty, but I can still wish for better stats.

Basically my main team now is Yu, Yukiko, Chie, and whoever else: generally Kanji if I'm climbing the dungeon and need electric, or Yosuke if I'm in the dungeon needing wind, or against bosses; he has a heal and that skill that removes enemy buffs, so that extra bit of versatility usually has me pick him over Kanji in major battles. Yukiko is just too damn amazing to NOT take, especially with the Flame Vow I found in the sauna, and Chie is good all around, with just enough SP for ice skills if needed, the attack buff, and GALACTIC PUNT (another point about Kanji that makes me sadface, I don't think his follow-up attack even knocks enemies down). It's not that I don't like using Kanji (BRING IT ON) so much as it's just hard finding a place for him on my team. It's likely I'll switch Teddie in for Chie more once he gets his group attack buff, but then again I've evolved Chie's Persona already so

SO MANY DECISIONS

Oh speaking of Teddie, his Shadow still gives me nightmares
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Oh, alright, Ted's one of those characters that doesn't start getting good until late game. That helps, thanks.

And hey, don't get me wrong Pierre, I use Kanji plenty, but I can still wish for better stats.

Basically my main team now is Yu, Yukiko, Chie, and whoever else: generally Kanji if I'm climbing the dungeon and need electric, or Yosuke if I'm in the dungeon needing wind, or against bosses; he has a heal and that skill that removes enemy buffs, so that extra bit of versatility usually has me pick him over Kanji in major battles. Yukiko is just too damn amazing to NOT take, especially with the Flame Vow I found in the sauna, and Chie is good all around, with just enough SP for ice skills if needed, the attack buff, and GALACTIC PUNT (another point about Kanji that makes me sadface, I don't think his follow-up attack even knocks enemies down). It's not that I don't like using Kanji (BRING IT ON) so much as it's just hard finding a place for him on my team. It's likely I'll switch Teddie in for Chie more once he gets his group attack buff, but then again I've evolved Chie's Persona already so

SO MANY DECISIONS

Oh speaking of Teddie, his Shadow still gives me nightmares


Er....Kanji's I think I've seen knock THREE people down it's an AoE knock down attack.
Just use Kanji over Yosuke, Yosuke is weak anyway and annoying.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

http://persona4.wikidot.com/linkeffect

Name Follow-up attack (All team members except Rise) [Almighty type damage]
Yosuke Yosuke Special: Deals heavy damage to 1 enemy and downs them; automatically targets enemies not downed
Chie Galactic Punt: Removes 1 enemy from battle. EXP/money still earned. Works on mid-bosses. / Galactic Kick: Deals heavy damage to bosses
Yukiko Fan Assault: Deals medium damage to 1 enemy and inflicts Dizzy
Kanji Atomic Press: Deals heavy damage to 1-3 enemies and downs them
Teddie Bear Claw: Deals medium damage to 1 enemy and inflicts Dizzy; automatically targets enemies not downed
Naoto Ultra Trigger: Deals heavy damage to 1-3 enemies and downs them
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

well that's weird I've seen Kanji's follow-up but I was sure it didn't knock the enemies down oh well
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I personally liked using Chie over Kanji as my physical fighter so to speak if for the fact that Chie has more SP and technically, the game seems to favor magic attacks over physical for the most part, and even though Chie is subpar when it comes to SP attacks, her physical seems to come pretty close to Kanji's so I'll tend to favor her. The only downside is she takes such a long time to learn the best physical attack in the game. Still, I can't get enough of watching her kick enemies off into the distance.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Posts: 486

I read the last few pages and it's interesting to see how different I organized my party in Persona 4.
I seriously just ended up using the original four - Protag, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. As mentioned, Yukiko is the best healer, and does some pretty powerful fire spells. Chie is kind of meh with ice, but she can cover the basic enemy weakness and with her tarukaja, she can Gods Hand her way through any boss. Yosuke was a jack of all trades for me. He was the best Wind guy I had (... the only wind guy, I suppose), so he has decent healing, decent physical, decent elemental... he was the perfect right-hand man for me because he could somewhat cover whatever I couldn't. I think I also have a soft spot for the original four. They're the party I used for all the end bosses, so that felt pretty cool.

I neeeever used Kanji. I love the guy, and later on I discovered that he can unlock some pretty powerful attacks, but I nearly always had a Zio-wielding persona (For some bizarre reason, I'm having that happen in P3P right now, though I figure that'll go away once I get the hang of fusing again). Same happened with Naoto; useless against bosses due to her light and dark attacks, and she ate up her sp like a rabid Chie devouring steak. I used Teddie mostly for dungeon crawling due to his Traesto ability that helped me make sure I wouldn't suddenly lose 2 hours of grinding to a light/dark enemy... though it would sometimes happen anyways *sob*.

Not sure why I suddenly started posting about it when I haven't picked up my third playthrough of the game in months (I STILL haven't finished the Fox social link. How was I supposed to know when to go fishing for that stupid "cute" fish? *grumble*)
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Jade wrote:
I read the last few pages and it's interesting to see how different I organized my party in Persona 4.
I seriously just ended up using the original four - Protag, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. As mentioned, Yukiko is the best healer, and does some pretty powerful fire spells. Chie is kind of meh with ice, but she can cover the basic enemy weakness and with her tarukaja, she can Gods Hand her way through any boss. Yosuke was a jack of all trades for me. He was the best Wind guy I had (... the only wind guy, I suppose), so he has decent healing, decent physical, decent elemental... he was the perfect right-hand man for me because he could somewhat cover whatever I couldn't. I think I also have a soft spot for the original four. They're the party I used for all the end bosses, so that felt pretty cool.


Boooo Hissss *ahem* Sorry forgive me, personal preferences.

Though Teddy can heal decently (far better than Yosuke) and gets proper ice magic unlike Chie.
If I were to play the game again I think I'd swap out the entire original for the latter. Naoto isn't completely useless against bosses, especially since she does Almighty Damage and she gets some decent physical attacks too. By the point you get her you are into the zone where bosses don't have elemental weaknesses anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

The problem is Almighty spells cost a hell of a lot more than elemental spells and do comparable damage to neutral enemies, especially when you take Boosts and Amps into consideration. So you can either fire off two or three Megidoloans from Naoto and waste a turn and valuable SP-restoring items getting her back to where she can do some damage, or you can fling Garudynes and Agidynes all battle with Yosuke and Yukiko.

More thoughts on the characters battlewise, since I'm up to the final dungeon:

Yosuke - Sorry Pierre, but Yosuke is really good. Solid all-around stats, he gets a weapon that essentially gives him an extra Wind Boost so I can see his magic rivalling Yuki's by the end, he still has the awesome buff-null skill for bosses, and don't underestimate his Agility buff. His heal isn't that great but if you don't need a full party heal, it can be enough to let Yuki or Ted toss an Agidyne or party buff instead.

Chie and Kanji - Yeah, they're closer to being a toss-up now, Kanji got a lot better when he learned his party attack buff. Chie still has the best follow-up attack in the game and more SP, but there isn't much to use it for besides the occasional Mabufu or single-person attack buff. Power Charge I guess, but usually in boss fights she'll more often spend her turn buffing Yukiko or Main Guy.

Yukiko - Still the best party member in the damn game. Next.

Teddie - Okay, Ted's good. He almost IS a straight replacement for Chie, trading physical power (mostly useless at this point) for better skills. I'm almost tempted to use him AND Yukiko together, but it seems like having two characters with elemental weaknesses in the group would be a huge liability at this point in the game...

Naoto - Naoto is adorkable and fantastic for instant-deathing random mobs but really doesn't have a place in boss fights at all. It's not that she's TERRIBLE against bosses, it's just that literally every other character is better. sadface
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Alright, at the end of the game. Managed to max all Links except Temperence (way to take forever to level up Eri geez) and Hanged Man, which is disappointing since I was really starting to like that one. Death was pretty good, too.

So is Trumpeter pretty much the best Persona or what? No weaknesses, four elemental immunities, AND Debilitate? holy crap and I thought Black Frost was good

Spoiler: End of Game spoilers, also some Persona 3 spoilers
I definately approve of the Investigation Team's Ace Attorney-esque technique of pressing someone with what could be considered circumstancial evidence at best until they get ticked off and say something that digs their own grave. Hopefully the next Persona breaks away from the whole "unassuming goofball is secretly the evil manipulative mastermind" schtick, though. Speaking of hopes, I'm hoping Izanami puts up a good fight. Adachi was pathetic and Ameno-sagiri was only slightly less pathetic. After Nyx, I was expecting another half hour battle.


What transfers over in New Game Plus?
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Posts: 486

Since it's been a while, you've probably already started a New Game+, but I believe your Compendium and your Stats carry over. I can't remember if your cash carries over too >3>
So you start over at lvl 1 and no social links but you basically have all your dialogue options unlocked this time around if you bothered to improve your Stats and you can take out absurdly powerful persona from your compendium and just breeze through the game.
I used my second time around to go persona hunting, but now that my brother is the one in charge of my third playthrough, he just took out Lucifer and Yoshitsune and he's one-hitting all the bosses for the lulz.

Oh, and this time around, you can fight the Reaper and Margaret (like how you can fight Elizabeth in P3). People say Margaret's easier than Elizabeth, but it took me a few tries to beat Margaret on hard mode and I haven't finished P3P yet soooo...
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

太多時間

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Posts: 1192

Jade wrote:
Since it's been a while, you've probably already started a New Game+, but I believe your Compendium and your Stats carry over. I can't remember if your cash carries over too >3>
So you start over at lvl 1 and no social links but you basically have all your dialogue options unlocked this time around if you bothered to improve your Stats and you can take out absurdly powerful persona from your compendium and just breeze through the game.
I used my second time around to go persona hunting, but now that my brother is the one in charge of my third playthrough, he just took out Lucifer and Yoshitsune and he's one-hitting all the bosses for the lulz.

Oh, and this time around, you can fight the Reaper and Margaret (like how you can fight Elizabeth in P3). People say Margaret's easier than Elizabeth, but it took me a few tries to beat Margaret on hard mode and I haven't finished P3P yet soooo...


Yen carries over too, as well as any max-social link items.

Been playing Persona 4 Golden a whole lot, already completed it three times~
Let us dye the world in despair, and bring a dismal end to this fairy tale.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Gender: Male

Location: Connecticut

Rank: Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Posts: 3449

Picked up Persona 4 briefly before bed yesterday. Managed to get to the final boss. Or at least he who presents himself as it.

I didn't manage to beat the boss yet. I ran out of SP midway through the giant technicolor eyeball, then said screw it and went to bed. But… I've got to say, for what I've seen thus far, I'm not particularly impressed with this sequence vs the similar climax in Persona 3. This feels like a last minute shoo-in on a 30 minute anime episode.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Actually I've been too busy to play a New Game + yet.

Does the equipment shop inventory carry over?
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

Yet another reason why I totally want to get the Persona 4 remake.

http://i.imgur.com/4H2Wc.jpg

Going off a quote here from another forum about this line in the original Japanese.

Quote:
Marie asks what 'bifuteki' means, and you can explain that it's short for 'bifusuteki' (AKA beefsteak). She then says that's dumb because it obscures the fact that it's a steak, and suggests that 'fusuteki' would be a better choice.


Still, even knowing that, the reference is still awesome and I love Atlus and Marie all the more.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Posts: 486

I had decided not to get Persona 4 Golden because one game was not worth buying a vita...
and then I come home from my university one weekend to find that my brother bought a vita to play Assassin's Creed Liberation.
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN, HERE I COME.
I'm so excited, I've been seeing people spam tumblr with pictures of all the new stuff you can do.
I was alright with the diverse costumes you can get, but now that I found out that the characters comment on their own costumes and each other's, I'm very excited about it :p
For example, if the main character is in his swim trunks, Kanji is just like, “Hey, why are you just in your swimming trunks... You don’t give a crap. You’re in a dungeon in just your swimming trunks, you just do not give a crap.”
Also I love you Kanji. He has all the best lines.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Jade wrote:
I had decided not to get Persona 4 Golden because one game was not worth buying a vita...
and then I come home from my university one weekend to find that my brother bought a vita to play Assassin's Creed Liberation.
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN, HERE I COME.
I'm so excited, I've been seeing people spam tumblr with pictures of all the new stuff you can do.
I was alright with the diverse costumes you can get, but now that I found out that the characters comment on their own costumes and each other's, I'm very excited about it :p
For example, if the main character is in his swim trunks, Kanji is just like, “Hey, why are you just in your swimming trunks... You don’t give a crap. You’re in a dungeon in just your swimming trunks, you just do not give a crap.”
Also I love you Kanji. He has all the best lines.



Yep

Also congrats on the chance to play P4G though I really don't think a PSV is worth buying for one game so you lucked out if he lets you play it enough.

Personally I'm still waiting on P4A to come out in Europe but oh localisation issues....from the American version.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

I picked up Golden and I don't even have a Vita yet. Thought I could hold off until I got the system, but after reading about some of the changes, I'm...really having a hard time waiting.

Spoiler:
Not just one but TWO new Social Links? Bike dates? Two more months of in-game time? Everyone learns more skills?! Chie gets Bufudyne? Yukiko gets Mind Charge?! Kanji gets Power Charge?!?! NAOTO IS ACTUALLY GOOD AGAINST BOSSES NOW?@?!442

Christmas can not get here fast enough :c

Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

So yeah, Golden is pretty awesome.

Warning: spoilers for P4 in the comments. it's youtube of course there's spoilers in the comments
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Welcome to Saffa! We make posts I think!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:42 am

Posts: 24

"Golden is pretty awesome."

Thumbs up to that. I'm planning on playing until I get all the trophies, though it may take a number of playthroughs - which I definitely won't mind completing. :D

To be honest, I never played the original PS2 version past Kanji's fourth-or-so floor, because someone messed with my save data AKA deleted it. However, even with how far I'm into Golden, even if someone erased my data right there, I still wouldn't hesitate to go back to it soon afterward. That's how much I'm into this game.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Saffa wrote:
"Golden is pretty awesome."

Thumbs up to that. I'm planning on playing until I get all the trophies, though it may take a number of playthroughs - which I definitely won't mind completing. :D

To be honest, I never played the original PS2 version past Kanji's fourth-or-so floor, because someone messed with my save data AKA deleted it. However, even with how far I'm into Golden, even if someone erased my data right there, I still wouldn't hesitate to go back to it soon afterward. That's how much I'm into this game.


Good I'm glad they put enough effort into that product to turn it out really well. Helps that the source material is excellent but I hear the additions are good too.

Shame I don't have a Vita.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

http://slinkfm.com/2013/05/26/episode-7 ... itzgerald/

chie x yukiko canon
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/24/atlus-announces-slate-of-titles-for-japan-including-persona-5.aspx
Atlus had a Persona event and announced new games. They are
Persona 4:Battle Arena 2 for PS3
Persona 4:Dancing All Night, a dancing game for Vita :eh?:
Persona Q on 3DS featuring chibi characters
But best of all, Persona 5 announced for PS3 next winter in Japan. :edgey:

Anyone excited?
The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Just another day.

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Posts: 1393

for your convinence :D

persona 5
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfqRXPXbQQ

Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqmnp2wZRU4

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

I've never played Persona before, is it any good?
The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Deadpool 9 wrote:
I've never played Persona before, is it any good?


A quick run through of my personal thoughts on the Persona games I've played up to now.

Persona 3 - Boring.
Persona 4 - Interesting, but with stupid plot twists that are kinda obvious.
Persona 2 - ...haven't gotten very far, but I like the fact that there is an Undub PSP version running around and Takehito Koyasu voices the main character. But it looks fun, although it is heavily different from P3 and P4.

Image

You want Native English in Office?

The Dancing All Night things looks somewhat silly... and why the hell are they displaying Teddie, he's so annoying!

C-A
Image
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3541

Deadpool 9 wrote:
I've never played Persona before, is it any good?

Persona 1 sucks.

Persona 2 (both games) supposedly has an amazing story but I wasn't willing to deal with the insane random encounter rate to find out.

3 and 4 are both fantastic.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I've only played P3: FES and P4/P4G

My thoughts?

P3:FES was meh. Then again, coming from Persona 4, that's to be expected. I think it's more fun if you're all for the level grinding and the dungeon crawling. Aside from a couple of characters, no one was really interesting to me and the story was very subpar. Never felt like much was going on and all I was doing was waiting.

Persona 4 was way better than 3. Your core group is MUCH more interesting, the Social Linking is much better in terms of characters, and the story is much more interesting. Even though the story has the same waiting problem Persona 3 suffered, there's much more to do. Golden I feel improved this even more. I really find this game fun and it's one I keep coming back to. If you can suffer from the really long intro, though a decent story, then you'll find a fun game. If you can afford Golden, I'd recommend that over the PS2 Persona 4 as there's much MUCH more going on. The story is not the most amazing thing in the world, but I feel the characters more than make up for it. Besides, murder mysteries are always fun.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

dullahan1 wrote:
I've only played P3: FES and P4/P4G

My thoughts?

P3:FES was meh. Then again, coming from Persona 4, that's to be expected. I think it's more fun if you're all for the level grinding and the dungeon crawling. Aside from a couple of characters, no one was really interesting to me and the story was very subpar. Never felt like much was going on and all I was doing was waiting.

Persona 4 was way better than 3. Your core group is MUCH more interesting, the Social Linking is much better in terms of characters, and the story is much more interesting. Even though the story has the same waiting problem Persona 3 suffered, there's much more to do. Golden I feel improved this even more. I really find this game fun and it's one I keep coming back to. If you can suffer from the really long intro, though a decent story, then you'll find a fun game. If you can afford Golden, I'd recommend that over the PS2 Persona 4 as there's much MUCH more going on. The story is not the most amazing thing in the world, but I feel the characters more than make up for it. Besides, murder mysteries are always fun.

Is the murder as good as the Ace Attorney murders?
The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

Let's say it's a different kind of murder. The intro is a dead body is discovered and you discover that every person who appear on the midninght channel dies several days after. So your job is to save the people and find the culprit.

I must say I kinda enjoyed both Persona 3 and Persona 4. Call me a weirdo, but I prefered the theme of 3 than 4, even if in 4 I felt more connected to the character (Naoto in particuliar). I think I just love the game talking about life and death, the purpose of life and etc. even if it is not so deep, I always appreciate the effort to go a bit beyond the usual, goody goody stuff where friend are the only thing that are worth living and the gotta protect my friend thingy. The grinding doesn't really bother me since the first tier of a game is always boring and you always find out that you are wrong and blah blah blah, and japanese tend to prefer the grinding so I was a bit expecting it. Also I prefer this MC since he look more hum... how to say more sarcastic? A I so don't care attitude. It's subjective I know but still, I'll wait for the movie to see if I still like him. (Even if in my Head he will stay a Shirogane).


Persona 4 is great. I wonder if the fact that they had localization in mind from the beginning influence the rythm of the game. The story was okay for me, though the Pursuing my true self theme was nice. The character are awsome, since their social links help us to know them better. Also connecting to the character and stuff....


In general I love thesse game and I'll try my hand at the 1 and the 2 2's.
Please don't hit me...
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9918

Quote:
Is the murder as good as the Ace Attorney murders?


No, these are actually tougher to figure out! :gant:

If you want to get into Persona, I would say play 4 - whether Golden or PS2, up to you. Personally, I find Golden made things too easy, even if I haven't played it yet. Persona 4 had neat characters, good themes, awesome music and a neat battle system. It improved a lot of the previous Persona games.

I would say play Persona 2 Innocent Sin, but I have just scratched the surface of the intro and met Maya and now I have no clue where to go. I'm playing it blind and the battles are really slow in my opinion, the encounter rate is kind of annoyingly frequent. Also the talking to demons... I dunno.

C-A
Image
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

Well 1 and too were clear spin off of the original megami tensei. 3 broke the glass with it's social link sysem, making the game more unique. and classic at the same time.
Please don't hit me...
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 329

PERSONA! :godot:

As you can tell from my current avatar, I'm a WEE bit of a fan :phoenix:

I haven't played 1 or 2 (though I plan to SOME DAY get through the latter), liked 3 quite a bit and LOVE 4 to pieces. Why do I like the latter 2? 3 is great because the characters are interesting, the story is good, the music is AMAZING (Mass Destruction, Burn My Dread (+Last Battle version) and Joy, to name a few amazing tracks) and the battle system is intriguing. 4 just took everything that made 3 good, but much BETTER: I felt even MORE connected to the characters because of the fact social links had more depth and you could do it with everyone in your part (I also liked the fact you could friend-zone all the girls; even if it's only a game, I didn't like being forced to be a player in 3 if I wanted to advance all my social links); the story was a lot more focused, which I appreciated (though there were some things that bugged me: 'If we told the police about the world in the TV there's no way they'd believe us!'? Just stick your hand inside a TV and SHOW them ; how would they not believe you then?); the music was even better (Persuing my True Self, Reach Out to the Truth, Like a Dream Come True, Snowflakes, etc) and the battle system felt more streamlined, particularly in Golden. So... yeah, I've had good experiences with the series; it has my highest recommendation to whoever may be interested in it. :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 329

Cold52 wrote:
for your convinence :D

persona 5
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfqRXPXbQQ

Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqmnp2wZRU4

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8


I feel slightly selfish and ungrateful for having so many games, Persona as well as others, and STILL wanting more... but ah, heck with it. These look too awesome to resist :phoenix: 5 is self explanatory; there's no WAY I could miss that. Q looks intriguing; Etrian Odyssey battle system, Persona 3 + 4 characters, more great music? It already sounds like a BLAST to play. The Ultimax not only continues from the cliffhanger from Arena but improves on the already awesome fighting system, so that can't be ignored. Even Dancing All Night sound like it could be fun: it's odd, to be sure, but the series has excellent music, and Atlus hasn't disappointed us yet, have they? So yeah, super excited for next year :apollo:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14330

Man I really hope someone puts up a subtitled version of that PersonaQ game. It's one of the more interesting of the line up I've seen...though with any big release on a Nintendo console I've already seen plenty people complaining about how Sega is taking this series to the ground by releasing games on "inferior" consoles. :nick:
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

The dwarf geeky panda!

Gender: Female

Location: Where am I?

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am

Posts: 385

Seriously? I know some are angry because there is no Xbox version for now, but brigning them to "inferior" console. Nice way to call those who own one.... The other comment I read a lot is more about the fact that it is milking the serie all the way... Which I can't really disagree, but hey there are celebrating their birthday so WHY NOT!
Please don't hit me...
Page 6 of 45 [ 1780 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO