Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Command & Conquer 3Topic%20Title

Panicky Veteran Prosecutor

A new demo was released for C&C 3, you can download it here.

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/demos/C ... C3Demo.exe

This is EA Games' first crack at a real Command & Conquer game. Any fans of the series here?
Who? Wright? Yeah, I remember him, I hear he's busy lately. You know, not to ring my own bell, but I sort of taught him everything he knows. I'm sure he's grateful.
Re: Command & Conquer 3Topic%20Title

Oh, C&C. One of my top RTS's of all time. I love every one of them. I even have renegade, the FPS set in the C&C world.

Not being a big fan of RTS games, but having fond memories of both C&C and Red Alert, I had a look at this demo.

First: it's really frickin' short. Only a small handful of GDI missions, buffered with high-definition videos (Michael Ironside has never looked nor sounded better, except maybe in Splinter Cell).

The interface, what I used of it, seemed fairly intuitive. Though I found myself running out of places to put buildings.

I like how they've adjusted the "scale" of the units - rather than training single soldiers like the last few games, infantrymen are now trained and commanded as squads, like in Company of Heroes. Pathfinding for units is vastly improved, meaning I can spend less time babysitting my troops (a common obsession of mine, where I spend so much time controlling a single squad of troops that I lose track of my base and am only distracted by "base is under attack" messages).

Worth buying, though? I don't think so, simply on the basis that it is not only a real-time strategy game (a type of game I rarely fare very well with), but also an EA game. I have sworn to never buy an EA game again, unless it's developed by somebody other than EA (like Criterion with Burnout and Black, Free Radical with Timesplitters, and 2015 with MOH: Allied Assault).
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

seems interesting!

It's Generals 2 with a Tiberian Dawn skin.

Screw that.

C&C games are among the best RTS around... Waiting for this one with interest... Although my current setup might not be enough to run it I plan to update my rack.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station