Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 103 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

Last night, I actually managed to get CFW on my 3DS, so now I can run DGS.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

The Chocolateholic of CR

Okay so yesterday I actually forgot if I played Skyrin yesterday than I remember I did. Like I had a huge brain fart...... couldn't think. I barely started the Main Story of Skyrim been too focused in Dawnguard that I was stupid enough to Legendary Archery. (Before I updated Skyrim to Legendary I abused Oghma Infinitum book glitch so 100 in all skills) thank god for the restoration loop that I can exploit to my advantage against this issue of not one shotting enemies.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Just trying to get by.

I've been going through the KH series on Critical mode. So far, the Data Org fights are kicking my ass.

Happy Maria

Anybody heard about that new Spongebob remake? Haven't played it but it looks nice.

What's a Court Records?

Southern Corn wrote:
Anybody heard about that new Spongebob remake? Haven't played it but it looks nice.

I hear it's one of the best video games based on a TV show like ever. I've only played a bit one time at the dentist I used to go to but that's it.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

In Justice We Trust

Nintendo kind of goofed with their "one island per console" design for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. My sister bought a copy of the game, and I wanted to play, too, but the "one island per console" mechanic means we'd have to share the island with my sister being in control of the island's development. While that does mean I can take advantages of services they've already unlocked, it also means I'm severely limited in what I can do as far as developing the island is concerned. While they're okay with me building a house on the island, we've already hit a snag in the form of what the flag will look like. I've suggested splitting it through marshalling, but the design I'd like to use is hard to make out if the image is too small. I'm still experimenting in Paint to see if I can find a different way to make the design work with what my sister wants, such as by superimposing their preferred image on my own in an inescutcheon, but I'm not optimistic at the moment. It's a minor thing, but it still frustrates me. Another option I've considered is us having two flags and having whoever is playing at the time get to choose the flag, though I have yet to run that by them.
I'll always love you, Max.

Rookie Killer

General Luigi wrote:
Nintendo kind of goofed with their "one island per console" design for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

I agree, a better idea could've been one island per account and one multiplayer island per console.

In Justice We Trust

After seeing yet another piece of Three Houses/Persona 5 crossover fanart (this one, to be specific), I got the urge to see if I could sort the Phantom Thieves into Three Houses classes. To avoid spoilers, I'll use code names. My criteria were as follows: no two Thieves may be the same class, I must account for each Thief's stats, I must account for each Thief's weapon of choice, and I must account for each Thief's Persona's abilities. With one exception, they must all be Advanced-level classes, too. I also omitted Joker since his stats change depending on which Persona he has equipped (maybe he's just the professor?). Stats were a bit complicated, since Persona 5 stats don't translate perfectly into Three Houses stats. Anyway, I've put what I came up with in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler: Phantom Thieves House
Skull: Fortress Knight

Since Fates treated clubs as equivalent to axes, I treated that as an excuse to treat Skull's weapon of choice, a bludgeon, as an axe. This worked out quite well, as the system I used gave Skull the highest HP out of all the Thieves and the second-highest Strength (he ties with Fox for the highest Defense), as well as the lowest Magic, Dexterity, Speed, and Resistance--pretty much a shoo-in for the Fortress Knight class, in other words.

Panther: Bishop

Panther has the lowest Strength and Defense and the highest Magic and Resistance, so I knew right away that I had to put her in a class that capitalized on the latter. She also tied with Mona for the highest Luck (I know Mona has higher Luck in Persona 5, but the system I used for translating stats to Three Houses gave them equal Luck) and has the highest Resistance out of all the Thieves. She also has pretty low HP and Speed, as well as below-average Dexterity. I treat access to healing spells as an aptitude for Faith, and the Bishop class requires high Faith skill and capitalizes on Panther's best stats. In addition, it renders her weapon of choice (a whip, which has no real equivalent anyway) irrelevant.

Mona: Trickster

Mona's strengths are in Speed, Luck, and Dexterity, tying with another Thief for the highest of the latter two (Panther for Luck, Violet for Dexterity).
He also ties with Violet for the lowest HP, and his Strength and Defense are both pretty low, albeit not the lowest. His Resistance is right in the middle and his Magic is above-average, though. This all being the case, I chose the DLC-exclusive Trickster class, which capitalizes on his best stats and allows him to use magic. The Trickster class requires skill with a sword and Faith, both of which Mona has aptitudes for in my system.

Fox: Hero

Fox was a bit of an odd case. He has the highest Strength and ties with Skull for the highest Defense, which would make him a good Fortress Knight, but I consider Skull a better fit for that class. He's also got low Resistance and Magic, so he's an obvious choice for a physical class. His HP and Speed are above-average while his Dexterity is below-average and his Luck is the lowest out of all the Thieves. While his preference for the katana would make a Swordmaster appear his ideal class, his Speed didn't strike me as high enough to justify making him one--plus I found Crow to be a slightly better fit for the class. As such, I made Fox a Hero.

Queen: War Cleric

Queen's preference for brawling, coupled with the DLC-exclusive War Cleric being the only brawling class available to women, made it pretty clear to me that she'd have to be either a War Cleric or some sort of spellcaster. She has access to healing abilities, which checks the Faith requirement for the class, too. Her stats were the deciding factor, though. While her Strength and Magic are roughly equal in Persona 5, relative to the rest of the Thieves, her Magic is superior by a sizable margin. Her Luck, Defense, and Strength are all below-average while her Speed and Dexterity are above-average (second-highest and third-highest, respectively). The War Cleric class doesn't capitalize on her high Speed, but it gives an adequate boost to her low Strength, which allows her to fall back on brawling against high-Resistance enemies, and also capitalizes on her high Magic and Dexterity while giving a sizable boost to her HP.

Oracle: Dancer

I couldn't find any stats for Oracle, which I don't find surprising, considering her role in battle. Her emphasis on support made her a natural choice for the Dancer class, though, as its special ability means that she'd be kept away from combat whenever possible, rendering her lack of stats irrelevant.

Noir: Warlock

As much as I wanted to make her a Warrior because of her use of an axe, her stats told me she was better off focusing on magic. Noir's Strength and Magic are both pretty high, but the rest of her stats are around average. Good Warriors need high HP, Speed, and/or Defense, and Noir just doesn't have those. There's also nothing preventing a spellcaster from switching to a weapon in Three Houses, so even if Noir would do more damage with magic than an axe as a Warlock, she'd still be able to use an axe as a backup just like Queen and her fists.

Crow: Swordmaster

Like Noir, Crow's got above-average Strength and Magic, though he's also got above-average Speed and Dexterity. Between his preference for swords and the aforementioned stats, I concluded that he was a good fit for the Swordmaster class, though I concede that he's still a bit slow for a Swordmaster. Frankly, he'd also make a decent Dark Bishop, considering his Persona's access to Curse abilities, which I treat as Dark Magic, though his merely above-average Magic means that as with the Swordmaster, he wouldn't truly shine as a Dark Bishop the way Skull shines as a Fortress Knight.

Violet: Assassin

Violet's another character with above-average Strength and Magic, meaning she could fit adequately into a spellcasting class. However, she has the highest Speed and ties with Mona for the highest Dexterity and the lowest HP, so I think she'd be best off in a class that capitalizes on her Speed and Dexterity. Since the Assassin class can't use magic without the help of a magic weapon, I concluded that the Trickster class was better reserved for Mona, meaning Violet strikes me as the better choice for the Assassin class.

I'll always love you, Max.

I've felt worse.

So I just finished replaying the entire Kingdom Hearts series (sans the mobile games) over the past couple months.

KH1 has the best atmosphere out of all of them. Before it was about complex plotlines it was just about a kid on a journey to find his friends.
Re:CoM is weird. It made sense as a GBA game, but remaking it just makes it look like a downgraded version of 1 with an admittedly unique yet needlessly cumbersome battle system.
Days still has my favorite story in the series Helps that Xion's character accidentally works as an allegory for a trans girl., but the cutscene collection doesn't really do it justice. The remade cutscenes are great but it misses out on a ton of the smaller moments (the stick, Sora's memories on the bottom screen)
II... as much praise as this game gets for its battle system, that only really applies after the first half. I'm not complaining about the Roxas prologue, I'm complaining about how early game Sora feels so stiff to play as compared to the later games' beginnings.
BBS's main story is still good. The whole three interconnecting routes was a neat idea. And then there's the secret episode behind the final episode. I played on normal and one of the requirements to unlock it was killing 9999 enemies. It took me 10 extra hours to do that. So by the time I got there, I was already overleveled for anything there.
Re:Coded was the first KH game I ever played and it worked as an introduction to just how strange this series can get. But going back to it, there's really not much there that mattered in the long run outside of the last few cutscenes.
DDD is still fun though I can see the complaints about the bosses having inconsistent stagger.
Spoiler:
"Nobodies do have hearts" is still one of the best reveals in the series.

III I replayed on critical mode, and honestly I don't see the appeal (to critical mode, III is still good.)
Spoiler:
Also Xehanort's goal to bring the light from the Keyblade War isn't a retcon, he talks about it as early as BBS.

So yeah, this series is fuckin weird, and I enjoy the hell out of it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Hells yeah Tiger! That's a helluva undertaking considering how many games there are.

I started on COM on GBA and loved it (after a few difficult fights). I think I've just grown to love the absurdity of KH's plotline now. I embrace the wacky.

I started working on Union X a whole back but honestly think I'll just settle for videos. Got no patience for boring gacha.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 103 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station