Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 102 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

I finished The Caligula Effect: Overdose last night. Overall, I would say the game is... enjoyable.
What I can definitely say to be good is the music, especially the various themes for the villains and boss battles. Makes sense, considering music is important to the plot: the songs playing in the dungeons and areas are supposed to be played all the time to brainwash people into listening to Myu and giving her more power. And I can say it definitely works because even if the themes are technically short, they are neat to listen to, and end up staying in your head, just like for the characters in the games. Especially the remix of the theme done for the boss battle against the Musicians. And the remixes of the remixes in the final dungeon.

Speaking of dungeons... they aren't that great. They remind me of the P3/P4 dungeons. Go to an area, run around to fill out the map. Except the floor designs aren't randomized. But the dungeons are basically the same: different design, different music, but the overall gimmick is the same. Do this to unlock ways to go further on, fight Musician, done. As I said, the music for these areas is pretty neat, but the gameplay of it is just not that entertaining.

The plot is okay. I was wrong about the identity of the Big Bad Musician. It was clear there was a connection to Shogo, though I based it on appearance. Still wrong in the general sense of their identity, but okay. Some revelations don't feel... well done? Though it might be because I am looking at it from someone who feels the game dragged on a little too long. The revelations start around the penultimate dungeon's end, and some stuff gets mentioned that wasn't before, so... feels kinda disconnected.

I know that Overdose specifically gives you an option to view another side of the story by going through a door the Musicians offer you... but I was surprised it was given as a one-time choice after the second dungeon. I didn't go for it on this first playthrough. But I have read what it's about. (It basically allows you to create a 'bad ending') Will do it on a second playthrough - will have to do a second playthrough, anyway, because there's a trophy for going through the game as the female and male protagonist. (Female protagonist option exclusive to Overdose)

Sidequests... suck. There are 524 NPCs in the game who have sidequests. The sidequests are dealing with that person's Trauma. You get many copy quests, and you can only take care of one at a time. Even if you have multiple NPCs whose Trauma is 'Alexithymia', which is resolved by defeating 20 enemies with the NPC in your party, you cannot resolve them all at once. You cannot take on several of those quests at once, then resolve them at once. You can have multiple NPCs in your party, sure, but the sidequest only gets done for one of them...
And now you do that multiple times because copy quests.
Many also involve finding a certain stationary NPC... to which I have to say, it would be really nice if the damn game somehow marked these NPCs on your map! But nope. They don't get marked, so you just have to remember where these NPCs are. The quest gives you a hint where that NPC is located (like in Papiko or the Construction Site), but it's up to you to either find them or remember where they are. And some areas are 'big' or have round-about ways on the map, so you run around a lot.
There's also extra challenges based on 'Words' that enemies may drop... they drop them very, very, VERY rarely! In my entire playthrough, I managed to get ONE word dropped. Fortunately, you don't actually have to obtain them to unlock the doors for the extra challenges, you just need to insert the words. Thank you, internet, for having a list of these passwords!

Sidenote, enemies do not disappear from a dungeon you already cleared. I can understand why, given the extra challenge word drop thing above, but it's kinda ridiculous to have Level 1 enemies still wandering around in the school. Can be avoided, but I'd prefer for it to not be the case.

Enjoyable game, definitely. Bit too long for my taste - especially since it's basically a wild goose chase of "Catch up to Myu and make her let you go home" over and over. Glad I got it, though I'm not sure if 60€ is an appropriate price for this game in new condition. I'm taking a break from it, and will eventually return to continue sidequesting or doing the second playthrough, including the alternate POV. Especially since cleared save files let you carry over your Level AND your Causality Link (Sidequest) status. And loading the file puts you just before the final battle, so you don't have to worry about having to wait until the later dungeons to finish up those sidequests needing them unlocked.

Remember the older days? Where you didn't have New Game +? Or where New Game + loads meant you were thrown into the Grade Shop or into a new playthrough entirely, so you better have a savefile of before fighting the final battle, so you wouldn't lose opportunities? Yeah... kinda miss those at times...

I've felt worse.

Well, I finally got a PS4. And out of all the exclusives I could have bought, my dumbass decided to jump back into Kingdom Hearts with 0.2.
And you know what? It is stupid as hell. Anyone would be bewildered to see Mickey Mouse being overdramatic about someone teaming up with himself to harvest souls and become a god or something.
You know what else? Inject that shit into my veins because that is exactly what I signed up for.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

tiger_festival wrote:
Well, I finally got a PS4. And out of all the exclusives I could have bought, my dumbass decided to jump back into Kingdom Hearts with 0.2.
And you know what? It is stupid as hell. Anyone would be bewildered to see Mickey Mouse being overdramatic about someone teaming up with himself to harvest souls and become a god or something.
You know what else? Inject that shit into my veins because that is exactly what I signed up for.

YEAAAAAAAHH Get on that good stuff! Give yourself over to the power of KINGDOM HEARTS!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

Last weekend, I ended up modding my Wii. I didn't think it was going to work due to not having a working SD card slot, but I managed to find a way.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Gettin' Old!

Rehncohro wrote:
Last weekend, I ended up modding my Wii. I didn't think it was going to work due to not having a working SD card slot, but I managed to find a way.

What do you do with a modded Wii?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Pierre wrote:

I dunno... play hacked games on it?

I've been playing Starbound quite a bit recently. I've taken such a liking to it that I have made a couple of mods for it.
1) A mod that removes "bikini armour" (and tones down the female characters' curves).
2) A patch to tone down some rather dangerous and annoying in-game weather.
Both are incomplete, though. But I'm already proud of the work I've done.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Student678 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I dunno... play hacked games on it?

I've been playing Starbound quite a bit recently. I've taken such a liking to it that I have made a couple of mods for it.
1) A mod that removes "bikini armour" (and tones down the female characters' curves).
2) A patch to tone down some rather dangerous and annoying in-game weather.
Both are incomplete, though. But I'm already proud of the work I've done.

Couldn't folks just not use the bikini armour if they had an issue with it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Good point (considering that the game has these "social slots"). But that REALLY limits the available armours left for those people to use, considering that:
- The armour would've been perfect if not for the offending property (e.g. boobplate, bared midriff, random patches of bare skin).
- The armour was the only thing that fitted the theme of what the person wanted to wear.
Also, you have to consider that NPCs wear that armour too, not just the player character.

And besides, I was inspired by none other than https://bikiniarmorbattledamage.tumblr.com/

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:

Well, I can run hacks of games (for example, Galaxy 2 has Neo Mario Galaxy), make backups, save games to USB, and a lot of other things that the Wii wouldn't be able to do otherwise.
Why am I even here?

Gettin' Old!

Student678 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Good point (considering that the game has these "social slots"). But that REALLY limits the available armours left for those people to use, considering that:
- The armour would've been perfect if not for the offending property (e.g. boobplate, bared midriff, random patches of bare skin).
- The armour was the only thing that fitted the theme of what the person wanted to wear.
Also, you have to consider that NPCs wear that armour too, not just the player character.

And besides, I was inspired by none other than https://bikiniarmorbattledamage.tumblr.com/

Huh is there really that many bikini armours that it seriously limits what you can wear in the game?

Quote:

Post subject: Re: Random conversations about Games Reply with quote
Pierre wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:

Well, I can run hacks of games (for example, Galaxy 2 has Neo Mario Galaxy), make backups, save games to USB, and a lot of other things that the Wii wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

Alright, so what are you gonna use it for?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:
Alright, so what are you gonna use it for?

To make room so I can have more games on it. I've been taking advantage of being able to use USB so now I can have all of my Wiiware and Virtual Console titles downloaded on it. I've also played around with some mods.
Why am I even here?

Pierre wrote:
Huh is there really that many bikini armours that it seriously limits what you can wear in the game?

Not really, but to find a suit of awesome-looking samurai armour only to realise it has a boobplate is a real let-down.
The limits are mostly in themes. Human armour overall, for example, is almost perfect, but not every non-cishet-male wants to wear human armour. Maybe they wanna dress up medieval like the Glitch, or they wanna wear the Hylotls' samurai outfits... which really need work!
I don't wanna start an argument over this. It doesn't feel right that I'm arguing over female armours... It's not like I'm editing thousands of lines of code to delete an offensive-looking armour set...

Rehncohro wrote:
To make room so I can have more games on it. I've been taking advantage of being able to use USB so now I can have all of my Wiiware and Virtual Console titles downloaded on it. I've also played around with some mods.

Interesting...

What's a Court Records?

It's real convenient since the SD card slot on my Wii never worked. Tried to get it fixed before, but the place we took it too couldn't do it, unfortunately.
Why am I even here?

Student678 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

You sound like a prude. Just wear the armor.

In Justice We Trust

I can't say I've ever cared for "bikini armor" myself--not that I'm trying to shame anyone for liking such things. That's what I loved about the "fashion slots" in Xenoblade Chronicles X; they allow perverts, prudes, and anyone who qualifies as neither (for the record, I classify myself as a prude and derive no shame from that) to dress their characters however they want without it affecting their characters' stats. Hope Alanzi's a beautiful woman, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean I want her fighting in a swimsuit, regardless of how good that swimsuit's stats are.
I'll always love you, Max.

DatSpicyBoi wrote:
You sound like a prude. Just wear the armor.

Gods, don't be so rude! I'm not just talking about nudity, but armour that exposes your skin does NOT protect you!
Even boobplates put female battlers at risk because apparently it makes it easier for attacks to impact the heart.

Pierre wrote:

Hahaha. That doesn't work. That's like telling people who complain about the skimpier outfits in Lightning Returns that, "Well, you don't have to use them". They don't get it.

Friends of Mineral Town is getting a full remake! It's coming out (in Japan) on Oct 17th, and I already put my preorder in. I could wait until next year for the game to be released in English, but... don't really need to. I overall know the game, and anything new (like the new bachelor/bachelorette) are new things to learn in Japanese. No biggie.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Hahaha. That doesn't work. That's like telling people who complain about the skimpier outfits in Lightning Returns that, "Well, you don't have to use them". They don't get it.

It sounds more like leveling gear in FFXIV where it looks ridiculous but it has the highest stats you can get your hands on, so until you level up, your ideal gear combination ends up looking like this:
Spoiler: Not a spoiler, just an image

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Yeah, there are complex reasons why people can't just avoid bikini armour. In a game without "social slots", girls are forced to wear the bikini armour because it's the only good armour gameplay-wise, and even if there were social slots, the number of good armours are still limited.

Gettin' Old!

tiger_festival wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

It sounds more like leveling gear in FFXIV where it looks ridiculous but it has the highest stats you can get your hands on, so until you level up, your ideal gear combination ends up looking like this:
Spoiler: Not a spoiler, just an image

Least XIV has an extensive glamour system :P yeah you do end up looking stupid for a good bit though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Trails in the Sky: FC and SC marks the first time that I've come to actually care about a canon romance in anything ever.
Either that, or I've finally cracked.

For Octopath Traveler, is there some menu that gives me an overview of what sidequests I have open right now? I can't find anything like that, and I took a few days break, so I don't remember what those were where I already talked to the people. I do know I still have a ???? tab in the menu and am on my way to the last Chapter 1 (Alfyn) to play, but I don't think that tab has to do with sidequests?

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

My boyfriend and I picked up where we left off in Monster Hunter World since we bought another t.v. on Boxing Day. We haven't bought Iceborne yet, but it's because we wanna finish all that we can before we move on. So we got my boyfriend all up-to-date and we tried to do the same for me, but for some reason this one quest won't unlock. I finished every other quest, finished all of my deliveries and spoke to everyone. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm assuming they just want me to research more monsters because after I leveled up research points to a few monsters a quest was unlocked. Idk man, wiki is so unclear lmao.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

I think in Monster Hunter some unlocks depend on your hunter rank? So just doing every quest isn't enough, at a certain point they want you to grind HR points to unlock quests.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
I think in Monster Hunter some unlocks depend on your hunter rank? So just doing every quest isn't enough, at a certain point they want you to grind HR points to unlock quests.

I looked online and I completed everything I had too. I was right, I have to do more monster research apparently. I'm ranking up fine. I did all the quests that help break the rank limit and stuff. I helped my bf get to the point where I wanna be but of course when he tries to help me its not as simple. Haha.

I have learned what the last ???? tab in the menu was for. It was for jobs, you can make the characters take on a different job. Neat, though it seems it changes them entirely to that job? I only have the Thief job unlocked there now, and haven't tried it out yet. I also learned what the 'true path' of the game is called, though I can't say that's much of a spoiler...? Or much of a revelation.

So far, I have to say, I think this is a game to play once through entirely, and then not again.

I figured it out! Turns out I needed to complete the Special Arena match for a Rathian, but I caught the wrong one so it never showed up. I'm all caught up now. I wish they would just say which one you're missing. I was out capturing every monster in the 6 ☆ quests trying to figure out who it was. :ron:

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
I figured it out! Turns out I needed to complete the Special Arena match for a Rathian, but I caught the wrong one so it never showed up. I'm all caught up now. I wish they would just say which one you're missing. I was out capturing every monster in the 6 ☆ quests trying to figure out who it was. :ron:

Kindness and simplicity is rarely the monster hunter way XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Kindness and simplicity is rarely the monster hunter way XD

Honestly I would have known sooner if Special Arena matches didn't disappear and show up randomly (even after completing them) so I was just not aware of who I was missing until I went down the quests and captured each and every one and then poof... Special Arena Rathian. xD After that I finally got the 9 ☆ quest that I've been working hard to get. :shoe:

Either I don't get Octopath properly, the leveling is crap, or the equipment is way too expensive to keep eight people decently equpped. I have made it to Quarrycrest and gone through Tressa's and Cyrus' 2nd Chapter, and I notice a definite increase in the damage enemies deal. Even regular enemies. I have to grind people up, and it is generally only two at the time because you cannot get rid of your first character (Ophilia, for me) and the one whose chapter you are on (say, Cyrus). And characters like Therion are still Level 12 because that's what they were when I ended their first chapter.
Can't these guys get SOME experience while not in the party?
I think I am being given hints on what characters I 'should' have in my party for the current chapter, but that doesn't help if they are such a lower level.

And the level jumps seem big!
The last few Chapter 1s had a recommended level of 12. No problem, you can get them to that while going through that Chapter. Second Chapter requires around 24/25. And the third Chapter for Cyrus wants Level 40! Um, even with going through all chapters, and how the leveling has been going, I feel that would require a lot of grinding to manage. Either I need to get better at making lots of money or the equipment needs to be cheaper.

What's a Court Records?

I was working on completing Yoshi's Island 100%, but my cat knocked over my TV when no one was in the room and messed it up so I won't be able to play again unless I feel like putting in the five seconds of effort it would take to bring my SNES Classic into another room lol.
Why am I even here?

The cape is self-fluttering

Knocked out part 1 Another Eden and am slowly working through part 2 while bouncing back and forth between various side quests. I don't mind grinding but some of the requirements get ridiculous (sea palace quest for one, even with the "bonus" party members). And it doesn't help that there isn't much consistency between the quests. The only reason I'm working this hard is to see the conclusion of one the side quests I'd been working on since part 1. Though I have gotten strong enough to take on dungeons and bosses where I'm actually several levels below the recommended level. So I guess I should be proud of that in some way?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Late to the party, but finally started played Breath of the Wild since found it on sale at Target and I finally got my switch.

Gentle Criminal wrote:
Late to the party, but finally started played Breath of the Wild since found it on sale at Target and I finally got my switch.

Enjoying it so far?

I finally decided to actually USE the second job system from Octopath Traveler, instead of just having Cryus and Ophilia learn enough skills of the Dancer class to unlock the passive skill of regenerating MP every turn. ...I think I should've done that sooner. Not only does it increase their parameters a little and gives access to the other job's skills, it also seems to be intended to be done as you wander around to Chapter 2 of the characters.

Also, yes, your chosen second job does change the in-battle sprites. (Not the overworld map ones, unfortunately.)
And can I just say that Primrose, the dancer, with the scholar job makes her robes black and it looks pretty sexy?
Though the game does limit to only one character 'blocking' having a certain second job.
So, no making a party full of scholars.

Yeah pretty fun so far. Missing 2 more divine beasts but college hasnt been letting me play it too much. Plus was doing side quest stuff

Speaking of being late to the party, I decided to get a copy of WC3 Reforged, since I'd never played anything Warcraft related before (unless you count a handful of characters in Heroes of the Storm). Getting familiar with the gameplay by doing the first campaign in super sissy mode.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Jean Descole wrote:
Speaking of being late to the party, I decided to get a copy of WC3 Reforged, since I'd never played anything Warcraft related before (unless you count a handful of characters in Heroes of the Storm). Getting familiar with the gameplay by doing the first campaign in super sissy mode.

I hear it's not going down well for some reason.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

I hear it's not going down well for some reason.

Yeah, apparently it's a disaster, and they didn't deliver a lot of things that were promised. Seems they scored 0.5 out of 10 on Metacritic (yes, 0.5 and not 5).

Since I'd never played it before, I can't really comment on what was added/removed, but I feel bad for people who just want to play the original WC3. The way I hear it, it automatically gets "upgraded" to Reforged, and players' custom maps from the old game don't work anymore.

Haven't decided what I'll do after the campaign. Maybe somebody at Blizzard will have gotten their act together, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

...NAILED IT

I've felt worse.

Finished AI: the Somnium Files. The writing/presentation is definitely a step up from ZTD, though the puzzle sections felt a bit weaker. Sure, there's a lot less "what am I supposed to do" moments, but that gets replaced with a lot of trial and error, especially in the last few puzzles where the time limit gets more restrictive. But honestly I'm just here for the found family so it's not that big a deal for me.
Also it did give me the experience of waking up in the middle of the night and piecing together the entire mystery, just to find out I was only half right.

Happy Maria

I only finished the first route like last week. I am a slow.
Page 102 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station