Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 90 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

You know, a Mario game!

I haven't played a main series Pokemon game since Pearl, I used to be a huge fan, but gen 4 kinda killed my interest for the series. I don't know what it was, but it just didn't engage me like the previous games did. I'm thinking about getting Gen 7 to try and get back into the series again, hopefully I'll enjoy it and become a fan of the series again.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
I haven't played a main series Pokemon game since Pearl, I used to be a huge fan, but gen 4 kinda killed my interest for the series. I don't know what it was, but it just didn't engage me like the previous games did. I'm thinking about getting Gen 7 to try and get back into the series again, hopefully I'll enjoy it and become a fan of the series again.

I didn't really become a fan of the series again until very, very recently - mostly because I always lost interest in the game partway through. But I think the problem with IV was that the first two games had Fire pokémon practically be nonexistent, with the exception of Ponyta and the Fire starter. I know that Platinum rectified that by adding a few more.

But IV also had problems with being very, very reliant on HMs to proceed in the game; more than before. And I think the story was a little... too out of there.

C-A

I've felt worse.

So the Arcanist guildmaster in FFXIV is the kind of guy who
Spoiler:
makes people dance in front of boxes filled with monsters because it amuses him

and he only gets to appear in one cutscene? Forget the Primal threat, I want to see this guy's story.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
So the Arcanist guildmaster in FFXIV is the kind of guy who
Spoiler:
makes people dance in front of boxes filled with monsters because it amuses him

and he only gets to appear in one cutscene? Forget the Primal threat, I want to see this guy's story.

Eh, that's pretty cool

Doesn't top Hamon Holyfist...the Pugilist Guildmaster with his....

Spoiler:
woefully terrible ability to fight ANYTHING.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Spoiler: contains lots of salt over the final dungeon of FFXIV's 2.0 storyline
Alright, final dungeon. Seven other players. Time to put an end to Gaius's ambitio- oh we're just running past the enemies? Okay cool I'll just follow you-except you left the enemies in a meatshield in front of the elevator. Several right-clicks later, I catch up and oh look a conversation between Gaius and Cid. I'm curious as to-of course they already started killing the boss. Fine, I'll skip it and continue on. Now we're boarding magitek armor. Sweet, except I can't get on. So I needed to register with some computer terminal? That would have been helpful to know before I got left behind while you guys kill dude with red armor. And from there it's kill the final bosses in approximately a minute each.

I know where they're coming from, they've probably gone through the Praetorium countless times, the cutscenes are quite long, the dungeon is comparatively long, I understand their reasons for breezing through the dungeon. I really do. I'm still going to be salty about it for the next two hours.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gardevoir lover

I want to see a DBZ game where the Goku from Dragon Ball Evolution is a playable character.
You know as a joke.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler: contains lots of salt over the final dungeon of FFXIV's 2.0 storyline
Alright, final dungeon. Seven other players. Time to put an end to Gaius's ambitio- oh we're just running past the enemies? Okay cool I'll just follow you-except you left the enemies in a meatshield in front of the elevator. Several right-clicks later, I catch up and oh look a conversation between Gaius and Cid. I'm curious as to-of course they already started killing the boss. Fine, I'll skip it and continue on. Now we're boarding magitek armor. Sweet, except I can't get on. So I needed to register with some computer terminal? That would have been helpful to know before I got left behind while you guys kill dude with red armor. And from there it's kill the final bosses in approximately a minute each.

I know where they're coming from, they've probably gone through the Praetorium countless times, the cutscenes are quite long, the dungeon is comparatively long, I understand their reasons for breezing through the dungeon. I really do. I'm still going to be salty about it for the next two hours.

I know how you feel man. Me and my girlfriend were lucky. We did it with a premade group of people who understood to wait for cut scenes...

And even then a couple of.them ran into the bosses triggering them early and earning the ire of their team.

Ugh I think the people who skip all cutscenes whether they've seen them or not are the worst. Folks who claim MMORPGs don't need a good story.

But yeah you ain't alone in your suffering.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

And that's why I prefer to play MMO's by myself or with close friends. Really don't give a crap about playing with all the random denizens of the interwebz.

I finished Misao. Well, the proper game itself took only about an hour - mostly trial-and-error gameplay, since everything can kill you, if you do anything wrong - and the extra scenario about another 30 minutes. Yeah, the murderer was who I thought it was... the game is still good, for what it is. Funny with its many deaths.

I then tried to play Mad Father, made after Misao and by the same people. Keyword, tried. After wandering around for about 40 minutes and eventually getting stuck on what else I need to find so Aya will burn that fucking humanoid thing to get to her father (who I'm sure would already be DEAD, considering the shit I have to do to get down to him), I gave up on the game. Come on, Aya! I know you're only 11 years old, but it's not THAT fucking difficult to figure out how to start a fire. You have Lighter Oil! And there's a torch on the wall, just chuck the damn thing... but nope, that's apparently not it. So I gave up and just read spoilers.

I also read about Witch's House. Sounds cool.

C-A

Kind of been offline for a while

I've been playing some of the older entries in the final fantasy series lately, not sure why though. I'm enjoying them so far.

The man for your trials!

I was doing some Horde Training in Pokemon Y, and ended up catching a shiny Geodude in the process. As you might guess, it feels quite satisfying.

I am the swordsman of justice!

ThatoneJimmy wrote:
I've been playing some of the older entries in the final fantasy series lately, not sure why though. I'm enjoying them so far.

I find the older ones (1990-2000 in my opinion) to be the best in the series! I'm playing through 5 and am really enjoying the job system. I'd recommend playing that one next if you haven't yet. I feel like 5 is one that FF fans tend to forget about and more people need to play. I can also say, without a doubt, FF6 (or 3 if you prefer) is the best so play that one too if you haven't!
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

PeanutButterGamer playing Job Simulator via HTC Vive
THIS is what Virtual Reality looks like? And this is what YOU look like, while playing in VR? And people honestly WANT Virtual Reality to be a thing?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
THIS is what Virtual Reality looks like? And this is what YOU look like, while playing in VR? And people honestly WANT Virtual Reality to be a thing?

C-A

Yes, but it also looks like this. Not that I care, anyway.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Yes, but it also looks like this. Not that I care, anyway.

That still doesn't take care of the problem that you look like a fucking spaz and idiot while playing it. I'd rather remain sitting in my chair and playing, than getting completely disoriented or be forced to walk around (knocking into things hazard, btw) just to experience being 'in' the game. Which I never wanted to begin with. THIS IS HOW AMOKS HAPPEN, GUYS! People who cannot tell the difference between fiction and reality. And people blame videogames for them, which is technically wrong. (There has to be something wrong in your brain to begin with) And yet, I am CERTAIN that once VR becomes a thing, people will SCREAM BLOODY MURDER as soon as VR is found in the next amok runner's home.

Why? Because humans are fucking assholes.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Take it to the vent thread Cat. I don't have to argue with you when you are being unfair there.

For starters no one is forcing you to buy it.
You hinge several points on how you will look silly or how you will bump into things.

A consumer who buys this might not care how they look as it's for personal use or just not have a problem with it. Its entirely personal opinion as to how you look while in VR and how you feel about it, therefore it is not an objective downside to lambast the system over.

While different VR products are varying the degree in which people will need to move for their software in the event that someone is going to need to move it will be on them to buy a system that works for their living space. If they are comfortable and have set up appropriate space to use the maximum movement required products then again...that's their choice. One VR system is focusing on headmovement alone while others are interacting with the environment. Again its a matter of personal choice and if you buy one that maximises movement and don't take it into consideration with your living space...that's on you.

It might very well be a storyline in one of your "retail hell stories": Customer tries to return product that requires space because she doesn't have enough space and abuses staff.

I think you are being unreasonable in this.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
it will be on them to buy a system that works for their living space.

Because that's a great business model. Don't have a giant room that you can leave empty to accomodate any possible room requirement for any VR game? Sucks you to be, get a bigger room. :ron:

Of course I'm being unreasonable. What's the POINT of VR? It adds nothing to the experience of the game (and I dunno, is that eyething even accomodates for people with glasses?) and, considering you are still using 'controllers' for hands, I highly doubt this could be waved away with the "immersion" point. Sorry, but unless my WHOLE body, including hands, is doing whatever is being done in the game, I see no point in even mentioning the word immersion.

On a different note, there are too many CoD games. I had a moment of worry at work two days ago, because I couldn't recall if I gave the customer CoD: Advanced Warfare or Modern Warfare 2. Why? Because there are too many CoD versions and they fucking look the same, it's difficult to keep an overview.

Also...

Didn't know Chie had a twin.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
it will be on them to buy a system that works for their living space.

Because that's a great business model. Don't have a giant room that you can leave empty to accomodate any possible room requirement for any VR game? Sucks you to be, get a bigger room. :ron:

Of course I'm being unreasonable. What's the POINT of VR? It adds nothing to the experience of the game (and I dunno, is that eyething even accomodates for people with glasses?) and, considering you are still using 'controllers' for hands, I highly doubt this could be waved away with the "immersion" point. Sorry, but unless my WHOLE body, including hands, is doing whatever is being done in the game, I see no point in even mentioning the word immersion.

If you're being unreasonable and you know it then take it to the Vent station. I can't think of any situation where anyone would look at being unreasonable in a good light and want to be unreasonable.

Also no I have tried VR and it is a pretty wondrous experience that in my opinion does add something, I especially think it could be interesting in the home cinema. You can also get VR versions where your hands are imitated in the game, yes by controllers but the technology is brand new right now. I remember having a so-called "VR headset" when I was a kid and it was a heavy clunky headset that played an LED-screen Game-and-Watch-esque Racing Game with a controller you held in your hands. The technology is new, it makes sense that it would require baby steps in order to develop.

Taking shots at fledgeling technology is like shooting fish in a barrel.

It could be that you know you are unlikely to get the technology? High startup costs and requirements plus the aforementioned space requirements for some systems make it quite a difficult to access market. Therefore you could be trying to put the technology down to convince yourself that it's not worth it anyway. "Sour Grapes" as they say.

Or I dunno...you could want to be one of those 'constantly spiteful' reviewers (like AVGN I think) that make a living out of comically hating things on youtube. If so I reckon you should try adding that to your repertoire, you are VERY good at finding flaws in things after all.

Or whatever, if you want to vent do it in the vent station but when you recognise you are being unreasonable that's a sign to STOP.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wait! The new Bokujo game (Mitsu no Ri - Three Towns) that only recently came out in Japan, I could buy that for 40€!? Seriously? That cheap?! :beef:

C-A

Someone suggested Zero Escape to me, as a game I might enjoy after I played Misao.
Any thoughts on that?

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Someone suggested Zero Escape to me, as a game I might enjoy after I played Misao.
Any thoughts on that?

C-A

Don't play it.

You'd hate it...

Oh who am I kidding...you'd hate everything

In seriousness I am partly trying to deter you because I really don't want your negativity in another franchise I love that I'm going to end up arguing with you over.

Plus there's plot holes and things that you would say are "obvious" and deride and mock. All the usual kind of things you don't like.

That said I think 999 is a great game and Virtues Last Reward a very good (but not as good as 999) and everyone should give these games a shot. Though 999 should be played on 3ds.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Any thoughts on that?

C-A

Absolutely atrocious. The writing is awful, the characters are one-note, the puzzles require no thinking, the narrative lacks any atmosphere, and the dog didn't make it. /s

There, I just lowered any expectations you might have had. Now you only have a 98% chance of being disappointed.
On a serious note, I mostly agree with Pierre's post. But I wouldn't mind more arguing.

The GM in the second game is a cutesy animal mascot character

Sound familiar?

sumguy28 wrote:
and the dog didn't make it. /s

What? :larry:

Well, I was more thinking in terms of gameplay. Like, are the areas super dark for 'atmosphere' and 'making me scared'? Is it similar to Clock Tower (you are chased but have no way to defend yourself, except running, hiding or one-note evasion points) or is it more... like Outlast? I doubt it is like Outlast, but you get what I mean?

Also, if there's voice acting, how is it?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Well, I was more thinking in terms of gameplay. Like, are the areas super dark for 'atmosphere' and 'making me scared'? Is it similar to Clock Tower (you are chased but have no way to defend yourself, except running, hiding or one-note evasion points) or is it more... like Outlast? I doubt it is like Outlast, but you get what I mean?

C-A

Neither. The games are part "escape the room" puzzle segments, part visual novel, including multiple endings and branching paths. I say part, but know that the novel segments can go on for quite a while. Basic premise is that nine people are trapped in a location and have to escape while also discovering the truth to why they're even there.
First game, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for the DS, isn't voice acted. Subsequent games - Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS and Vita, and Zero Time Dilemma on 3DS/Vita/PC - have dual audio. It's recommended to play them in order, as they will spoil a previous game.
Though if I do have to give a criticism, the first game has the tendency to stick multiple novel segments in the middle of puzzle solving. They add to the atmosphere, but most of the time you just want to solve the damn puzzle.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

C-A

Someone's really miss-sold the game to you if those are your go-to comparisons.

It's a visual novel with puzzles so it is like neither of those games.

First game does not have voice acting

Second Game does and it's in Japanese on 3DS

Third Game has dual audio.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

VLR also has dual audio, at least on 3DS

Pierre wrote:

No, no, it was suggested to me on one of my Misao videos - indie Horror game that is mild RPG-ish with mostly "Find Item X to proceed in Subplot X to acquire Body Part #X". I was mostly picking Clock Tower cause I know it's supposed to be a good game series (I played the first and was bored... guess that 20 year old game did not age well) and is vastly different from Outlast, which is more "BLAWAWAWHAAA SACRY, BOOOO!!" than Clock Tower making you more worried that something WILL come because nothing's happening.

C-A

PS: I'd really like to play Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. Specifically, the Triangulum Arc. I already got the 'best' ending (the titular Record Breaker) there, but I didn't get the others and feel a bit regret. I know about the others, but didn't experience them myself and wanna see them. Plus, it's a fun game, period. But I sold it... dunno if my Gamestop has it. And the gamestop controls to look it up don't work on my pc! XD

I've felt worse.

Demon negotiating in SMT3:

"Hey, join my party."
"Give me money."
"Sure."
"Give me a revive."
"Okay."
"Fuck you, I'm outta here."

In hindsight, I should have expected that.

sumguy28 wrote:
Demon negotiating in SMT3:

"Hey, join my party."
"Give me money."
"Sure."
"Give me a revive."
"Okay."
"Fuck you, I'm outta here."

In hindsight, I should have expected that.

It's totally random. At least, far as I know. I liked in SMT4, when I asked something.

"Gimme money."
"No, fuck you."
"I like you! I'll join!"
"...okay."

C-A

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

C-A

It's a visual novel with puzzles so it is like neither of those games.

First game does not have voice acting

Second Game does and it's in Japanese on 3DS

Third Game has dual audio.

I've only played the first two games, but my thoughts...

There are lengthy sections where you read a lot of text, then you're given options on which rooms you'll explore next, with the second game adding an additional Prisoner's Dilemma-esque choice between doors. Your choices determine the outcome of the game, so in that regard, it's much like a choose your own adventure book. Note that once the true ending has been reached, you can usually tell how and why your choices affected the outcome the way they did.

The "seek a way out" segments task you with solving different puzzles in order to escape the room you've just been locked inside. As I recall, if you've solved a puzzle in one route of 999, you'll have to solve it again should you encounter it on a different route. In VLR, solving the room gives you a password to a safe with a key, and the password is stored for future use, so if you want to skip anything you've already done, you can (On that note, VLR gives you a handy flowchart to show which choices lead down which pathways after you've already taken that route. It also allows you to jump to the beginning of any segment you've already completed, so you technically never have to play any portion of the game twice if you don't want to).

If you want voice acting in 999, they're releasing a 3DS/Vita(/Steam?) remake with higher-res sprites and voice acting. I'd recommend the 3DS version in that case though, based on 999 being originally designed around the DS, and for good reason. VLR's good just about anywhere, although I heard there's a nasty bug in the 3DS version that can corrupt your save file if you save during a room escape sequence.

The voice acting in VLR is pretty good; however, Zero III's English voice made me want to take an icepick to my eardrums. Its Japanese voice sounded closer to Monokuma (so much closer that the seiyuu's actually playing Monokuma in the new DR3 anime), so I didn't mind that as badly. Although, if you don't like either voice, Zero III doesn't talk too much after the first Ambidex Game, so it's not a big deal either way. I ended up going with Japanese audio though, mostly because Mamiko Noto's in it, and I believe the English version has Laura Bailey playing her character (although it's not the stereotypical Laura Bailey voice, so if I wasn't such a fan of Mamiko Noto, I could have gone either way).

Story is fairly good, although there's several "what is this I don't even" moments involved. Most are explained by the ending, though a few are explained by the sequel. A handful never end up making any sense at all, although nothing to the extent of Dangan Ronpa 1's ending (Haven't played ZTD yet, so I assume more will be explained then).

As for which of the two I liked more, I'm going with VLR just because it seemed a little bit more well polished. I'll be getting ZTD within the next month though, so my full thoughts will have to wait until then.

Last edited by TheDoctor on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Oh yeah that bug in VLR is brutal. I lost like 3 hours of mostly reading because of it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Was that the one in the PEC? I recall when I did it, they just disabled saving in that room.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Was that the one in the PEC? I recall when I did it, they just disabled saving in that room.

Yeah its the PEC room, think it was if you saved in it then you couldn't reload the save.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Oh, face it, Nintendo/Gamefreak. It'll never work out.

C-A

Danksgiving

I remember seeing a commercial for the Pokewalker or whatever it's called where one actor just threw his pokewalker into the backpack of the other guy's and then sat and watched TV while the other one went on a run to level up his Pokemon.

I've felt worse.

3000 years ago, sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
GyakutenShaiban wrote:
YO anyone here watch Game Theory?? And if so SOMEONE RALLY WITH ME SO WE CAN GET MATPAT TO DO AN ACE ATTORNEY THEORY

What do we need an AA Theory for? The important shit is explained, so there's nothing that needs to be theorized. :eh?:

Obviously, so we can prove that Phoenix is actually the imperfect product of a scrapped government project to clone Ryuunosuke Naruhodou, with Apollo being a more successful attempt.

*facepalm*

I don't give views to Game Theorists' clickbaity garbage, what's the gist of it?

Phoenix obtains evidence without warrants and procedure and stuff and is therefore a criminal

I've felt worse.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Phoenix obtains evidence without warrants and procedure and stuff and is therefore a criminal

If that was the only point MatPat made, he'd actually have a stronger argument than the one he has.
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I don't give views to Game Theorists' clickbaity garbage, what's the gist of it?

Phoenix is a criminal because he:
1. brings in surprise evidence and witnesses, which would be a valid point were the judicial system that of the US... before MatPat brings up that it's normal in Japan's judicial system.
2. stole the wiretap from April's hotel room and used it in court. (That one's the only valid point.)
3. tries to conceal the evidence he found from Mia's murder scene... even though MatPat shows footage of Gumshoe finding the evidence that Phoenix supposedly concealed I mean it's right there disproving his claim while he talks over it is he doing this on purpose or something seriously.
And MatPat doesn't even bring up the time Phoenix blackmailed Redd White in the middle of court, or when he broke into Gant's office, or when he extracted an internalized false confession out of a teenager.
Page 90 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station