Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 96 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Southern Corn wrote:
I know I've tried those in the past,I just seem to lose interest really fast and just abandon it. And I don't have ADHD,before you ask.

Pretty sure has nothing to do with ADHD. I am not a huge fan of grinding, either - I just find it brain-deading and boring; I can only take so much, before I give up. One reason why I don't play, say, a lot of difficult Pokémon hacks with large level jumps. I just have no patience to grind to high levels. (I never managed to bring a Pokémon to Level 100, legitimately)

C-A

Happy Maria

Oh yeah,Pokemon! I've also tried to get into that too,but I always gave up before even leaving the town. I dunno,I just get really disinterested fast.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
It might just be me,but I've always hated RPGs. The amount of grinding involved and just the unfun beginnings really grind my gears to the point where I don't feel like progressing. I'm too easily burnt out on them,methinks.

Undertale doesn't NEED any grinding....and it even caps grinding by stopping random encounters when it thinks you've had enough.

(Heh heh heh)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Southern Corn wrote:
Oh yeah,Pokemon! I've also tried to get into that too,but I always gave up before even leaving the town. I dunno,I just get really disinterested fast.

One of the reasons why I like Nuzlockes - I never had much interest in finishing Pokémon. Like, around Level 30 - 40, I get bored and want to start over. Like, the beginning part, where you need to struggle for some things, is much more interesting to me. But that's the thing with Nuzlockes, you do have a challenge throughout the entire run.
Though I still get bored late game, though, cause it decides to focus on the evil team... which is boring.

C-A

I just read a huge spoiler for FF XV's ending.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Upset by it?

Also don't tell me!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Upset by it?

Also don't tell me!

Of course I'm not gonna just blatantly post it - if I were to do so, it would be in a decently marked spoiler tag.

Thinking about it? Not really... I barely know anything about FF XV, so finding this out doesn't have any emotional impact on me.
I'm still not sure if I even want to play FF XV. This spoiler would change nothing in that decision.

C-A

I just spent most of the last of my money and ordered an Xbox console, as well as the first Fatal Frame game.
I enjoy Deep Crimson Butterfly on the Wii, but I do want to try out the Xbox version of it and always wanted to play the first game.

C-A

I've felt worse.

I was about to complain about how the trailer for Life of Black Tiger PS4 was a horrible video game trailer, but then it hit me that this may be the best video game trailer of all time. Think about it:
-There's no added effects. The horrible framerate and early 2000 PC game graphics are exactly what you get.
-The gameplay shown is 100% in-game footage. I can tell because the game is just a port of a free to play mobile game released in December 2015.
-The music was stolen from Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu/Parasyte: the Maxim except it sounds like someone dumped it into a shitty MIDI converter. A clear indication that the devs aren't even trying.
It's perfect. It tells me everything I needed to know about the game. Kudos to you, [whoever made this], for making it clear that your game is shit.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

can't wait for the Honest Trailer

迷探偵

Oh man, Hyrule Encyclopedia looks really awesome, but I really can't afford to spend another 5000 yen on game-related stuff in March... :/
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Happy Maria

So Club Penguin is shutting down and people are really upset by it. They're now moving to an app for some reason. I find it funny people are so sad about it,since I'm not really a fan of it. You need to be a member to really get stuff,and it's more of a social place for kids rather than an actual game. You just kinda put all sorts of bling on your character and play the few mini games there are. Not the best thing I've ever played. Even Poptropica,which had a lot of problems,has a lot of gameplay and is actually kind of hard at some parts for a kids game. This...isn't.

Yeah I know I'm talking about Club Penguin here but still it's ontopic

Since Sims 4 is being offered with a 60% discount (until Feb 9th, according to my Origin), I decided to grab it and one of its EPs. I saved SIXTY EUROS getting those two for only 40€, compared to what I would originally have spent! I'm still not too sure if Sims 4 will replace Sims 3 for me entirely, but at a price like that, I might as well grab it and see how things go from here.

C-A

Ace Explorer

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
So Club Penguin is shutting down and people are really upset by it. They're now moving to an app for some reason. I find it funny people are so sad about it,since I'm not really a fan of it. You need to be a member to really get stuff,and it's more of a social place for kids rather than an actual game. You just kinda put all sorts of bling on your character and play the few mini games there are. Not the best thing I've ever played. Even Poptropica,which had a lot of problems,has a lot of gameplay and is actually kind of hard at some parts for a kids game. This...isn't.

Yeah I know I'm talking about Club Penguin here but still it's ontopic

My money's on pure nostalgia - seeing something from their childhood shutting down must be a sign that those people are 'getting old' or something.
Well? Are we going or what?

Happy Maria

They can still get the app,though.

I ordered a second Xbox controller, because the buttons on the one that came with my console seem a bit... resistant to respond at times. I also got Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball again for about 5€. Unfortunately, the disc seems to stop playing after only a minute...

And it continues by my 360 not playing Dead or Alive Xtreme 2, only giving me a black screen. Why is the world trying to make me feel bad and refuse to let me play a game where I enjoy beach scenery, collect items and play volleyball? I decided to import Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune right away, instead of waiting a bit longer... I admit, not happy that it includes Honoka (Hitomi rip-off), Marie Rose (pointless) and Momiji (...meh, she barely registered in the DoA 5 Ultimate version for me, so...) and such. But, oh well.

C-A

I bought Pikmin 3. With the 360 games I've sold, I got 14€ onto my Gamestop card and still had 6€ left from the gift card I won recently. So, using those, I managed to only really pay 3€ for the game! I only played Pikmin 1 and never finished it. I know a bit about Pikmin 2, but never played it. We'll see how this game goes. Looking forward to it.

C-A

The Real Human Being

https://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Gettin' Old!

Gah the FFXIV fan fest is revealing stuff about the new expansion that's just a real turn off.

After waiting eagerly to find out what the new class will be (we already know Red Mage is a DPS) we find out that they make Samurai...another DPS class.

There's already a severe drought in tanks and healers which makes queueing for content take ages if you are a DPS. With this addition they are just giving up on innovating healing or tanking and ensuring that an already DPS-flooded market will be even worse flooded with DPS.

Gah I was hoping it would finally be the interesting tank class that would really make me want to tank.

Plus they steal my main's gear (Monk) and my healer class is getting nerfed.

Bad times.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
Gah the FFXIV fan fest is revealing stuff about the new expansion that's just a real turn off.

After waiting eagerly to find out what the new class will be (we already know Red Mage is a DPS) we find out that they make Samurai...another DPS class.

There's already a severe drought in tanks and healers which makes queueing for content take ages if you are a DPS. With this addition they are just giving up on innovating healing or tanking and ensuring that an already DPS-flooded market will be even worse flooded with DPS.

Gah I was hoping it would finally be the interesting tank class that would really make me want to tank.

Bad times.

Apparently I chose the right time to level up Dark Knight. :P
I kinda expected Samurai to be a DPS, but it is disappointing we aren't getting any other jobs.
The new areas look interesting, at least. Though I was kinda hoping Ala Mhigo would remain the focus.
What's this about a healer nerf?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Bad times.

Apparently I chose the right time to level up Dark Knight. :P
I kinda expected Samurai to be a DPS, but it is disappointing we aren't getting any other jobs.
The new areas look interesting, at least. Though I was kinda hoping Ala Mhigo would remain the focus.
What's this about a healer nerf?

Least there's a positive to take away from it and that's this wonderful joke:

Why did Doma fall to the empire?

Because it has no healers or tanks!

And yeah diverting attention away from Ala Mhigo is a surprise. I totally expected the woman in red to be Yda with a new look as we liberate Ala Mhigo but maybe that'll still happen. Its a globe trotting adventure after all. Probably for the best, not sure I could handle an entire country of Yorkshire-accented characters.

Also I heard about the healer nerf second hand. Apparently WHM has been crippled by how good SCH and AST have become so they are going to nerf the other two to make white mages relevant again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Thanks to a friend, I've been playing Gundam Breaker 3. It'll be released in the US on March 3rd...? I think. My goodness it's amazing, imo. Creating your own builds from scratch is literally the best. Of course my main gunpla is my favorite.
Sadly I'm pretty sure I'll have no one to fangirl/boy about it with me on here so... :sadshoe: :sadshoe: :sadshoe: :sadshoe:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

Dawny wrote:
Thanks to a friend, I've been playing Gundam Breaker 3. It'll be released in the US on March 3rd...? I think. My goodness it's amazing, imo. Creating your own builds from scratch is literally the best. Of course my main gunpla is my favorite.
Sadly I'm pretty sure I'll have no one to fangirl/boy about it with me on here so... :sadshoe: :sadshoe: :sadshoe: :sadshoe:

Urgh I know that feeling. Like I want to pressure people into playing games I love so I can talk about it with someone who gets it but I know that people are just really unlikely to play a thing if I push too hard.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I 'finished' Puzzle & Dragons: Mario Edition. And by that I mean I just finished the regular World 8. Took me a while, even with 5 lives, I had to redo it several times (by just closing and reopening game; if I have difficulty winning with 5 lives, I will not suffer through it with just 3) and finally got Bowser down. Then I stopped. I need a break from that game and I really feel like playing a Bokujo game again.

C-A

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Dawny wrote:

Urgh I know that feeling. Like I want to pressure people into playing games I love so I can talk about it with someone who gets it but I know that people are just really unlikely to play a thing if I push too hard.

I agree. Not everyone plays the same games,but I played all sorts of obscure computer games back then. Hard to get into a conversation about video games when you've never played most of the classics.

I'm currently doing an LP of Amnesia: Memories.
A dating sim where the heroine has lost her memories, because a spirit has (accidentally) collided into her mind and pushed them out. They need to work to get them back, with an attempt to not elicit any suspicion of her friends and, of course, boyfriend.

I'm doing this completely blind. I only knew 3 things before going in and none of them are plot or spoiler-based.
The are lots of bad endings; the guys can come across as unlikeable for love interests and the heroine is apparently really stupid.
That's all I knew and I am sitting on my hands to not read spoilers.

Part of me really wants to now, though, cause Clover World (and dating Kent) is getting a bit... frustrating. Not cause I'm sucking at proceeding, but because the point of the plot right now is getting a bit... annoying.

And Orion, the spirit, needs to STFU. I KNOW what's going on, no need to explain to me what is going on in the current scene.

C-A

I'm currently watching an LP of Dragonball Xenoverse... and the plot makes no sense to me.
I mean, it's made abundantly clear in the main series that parallel universes exist; just look at the whole Trunks/Cell part and it's decently explained. So, already the whole problem of 'history changing' makes no sense because A) that is exactly what Trunks did originally, so him joining the Time Patrol comes off as hypocritical and B) they are PARALLEL UNIVERSES. Who cares what happens to those? They don't seem to actually influence the main timeline, unless someone is stupid enough (like Trunks, repeatedly) to go from a parallel to the main universe and influence things. So, why should the player care to alter things that happen in a parallel universe? So what if you have a parallel universe, where Ginyu stole Vegeta's body and not Goku's? Or where Goku lost to Vegeta during their initial battle?

See, this is why time travel and such is very difficult to write as a decent plot.

C-A

Every Puzzle has an answer.

CatMuto wrote:
I'm currently doing an LP of Amnesia: Memories.
A dating sim where the heroine has lost her memories, because a spirit has (accidentally) collided into her mind and pushed them out. They need to work to get them back, with an attempt to not elicit any suspicion of her friends and, of course, boyfriend.

I'm doing this completely blind. I only knew 3 things before going in and none of them are plot or spoiler-based.
The are lots of bad endings; the guys can come across as unlikeable for love interests and the heroine is apparently really stupid.
That's all I knew and I am sitting on my hands to not read spoilers.

Part of me really wants to now, though, cause Clover World (and dating Kent) is getting a bit... frustrating. Not cause I'm sucking at proceeding, but because the point of the plot right now is getting a bit... annoying.

And Orion, the spirit, needs to STFU. I KNOW what's going on, no need to explain to me what is going on in the current scene.

C-A

Cool, I didn't know you did LP's. I subscribed to you. It sounds like a pretty interesting dating sim. I am actually a pretty big fan of dating simulator's, so I might check this one out myself.
It's a gentleman's duty to help a lady in need.

I've felt worse.

Grand Theft Auto Online is an exercise in frustration. "Join this party." Too bad it's already full, now just wait for the game to spend a minute loading the entire map you were in only three seconds ago. "Steal this bus and live." Too bad that one guy in the party thought shooting random people and drawing the cops' attention was a good idea. "You actually evaded the authorities, made it to the end of a heist and just need to leave the area?" Too bad that one guy in the party killed himself at the last minute meaning the entire party fails and has to do the whole thing again who thought this was good design.

Unrelated, I think I just spoiled myself on Persona 5 by looking at TvTropes' page for
Spoiler:
survivor guilt.

1000% Knight

I got a code for Witcher 3 GOTY on GOG, and I'm willing to give it to someone in exchange for a ($10) game on Steam. Let me know if interested~ taken
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Michelaar wrote:
Cool, I didn't know you did LP's. I subscribed to you. It sounds like a pretty interesting dating sim. I am actually a pretty big fan of dating simulator's, so I might check this one out myself.

Sweet, hope you enjoy it. I'm in the middle of editing and uploading Kent's route, which is the first one I picked randomly (actually covered my eyes and moved the mouse haphazardly until I stopped). And I haven't done any LPs in about... 3 months or so. Last one was Soul Blazer.

I have completed one route, I have a ton of theories on what the big revelations are going to be, but I am making sure to stay away from anything that could give me a spoiler. The game has its ups and downs, but that's every game - Orion is nice as your companion, but he does bug me a bit... mostly by acting like a Captain Obvious.

Also, I noticed a pretty bad translation mistake.
There's a café in the game called "Meido no Hitsuji"......... which is a mistranslation, because the characters are saying - and the sign of the café reads - "Meido no Shitsuji" The first actually translates to Maid's Sheep... it's supposed to be Maid(s) and Butler(s). And I'm only calling it big because the café seems to be a local that occurs and is actually important in every route.

C-A

Every Puzzle has an answer.

CatMuto wrote:
Michelaar wrote:

Sweet, hope you enjoy it. I'm in the middle of editing and uploading Kent's route, which is the first one I picked randomly (actually covered my eyes and moved the mouse haphazardly until I stopped). And I haven't done any LPs in about... 3 months or so. Last one was Soul Blazer.

I have completed one route, I have a ton of theories on what the big revelations are going to be, but I am making sure to stay away from anything that could give me a spoiler. The game has its ups and downs, but that's every game - Orion is nice as your companion, but he does bug me a bit... mostly by acting like a Captain Obvious.

There's a café in the game called "Meido no Hitsuji"......... which is a mistranslation, because the characters are saying - and the sign of the café reads - "Meido no Shitsuji" The first actually translates to Maid's Sheep... it's supposed to be Maid(s) and Butler(s). And I'm only calling it big because the café seems to be a local that occurs and is actually important in every route.

C-A

I can't speak Japanese (yet) but I've noticed you saying another translation error, like instead of ''Can you see me'' it should be ''Can you understand me''. I may actually go see if I can get this game myself, so I can see if I like it and go through it blind. If I can't find it, I'll just watch your videos on it.
It's a gentleman's duty to help a lady in need.

迷探偵

CatMuto wrote:

I know nothing about the game, but a quick look at the Japanese Wikipedia page should've told you that the cafe's name is indeed Meido no Hitsuji (冥土の羊) or Sheep of the Underworld in Japanese, so it's no mistranslation.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

I know nothing about the game, but a quick look at the Japanese Wikipedia page should've told you that the cafe's name is indeed Meido no Hitsuji (冥土の羊) or Sheep of the Underworld in Japanese, so it's no mistranslation.

Oh? Weird... I swear I keep hearing them say Shitsuji. :ron:
And I just double-checked in the game and took this screenshot... that says Shitsuji. Right? :eh?:

Then again, I saw some of the backgrounds mentioning Bukuro Station, so... maybe they are real-life locations minorly altered for backgrounds, but changed names for the sake of the game?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I'm currently watching an LP of Dragonball Xenoverse... and the plot makes no sense to me.
I mean, it's made abundantly clear in the main series that parallel universes exist; just look at the whole Trunks/Cell part and it's decently explained. So, already the whole problem of 'history changing' makes no sense because A) that is exactly what Trunks did originally, so him joining the Time Patrol comes off as hypocritical and B) they are PARALLEL UNIVERSES. Who cares what happens to those? They don't seem to actually influence the main timeline, unless someone is stupid enough (like Trunks, repeatedly) to go from a parallel to the main universe and influence things. So, why should the player care to alter things that happen in a parallel universe? So what if you have a parallel universe, where Ginyu stole Vegeta's body and not Goku's? Or where Goku lost to Vegeta during their initial battle?

See, this is why time travel and such is very difficult to write as a decent plot.

C-A

A) is actually addressed by the Time Kai either late in the story or during one of the DLC missions, don't remember which, but basically
Spoiler:
she told Trunks how wrong he was for messing with the natural timeline in the first place and he's doing Time Patrol to "atone"

As for B), I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the way alternate timelines work in DBverse is whichever the most recently altered timeline is becomes the new "main" timeline, so unless you fix the damage Towa does, that becomes the new history. You, the player, don't see any immediate changes because I'm pretty sure Toki Toki City exists outside the normal flow of time, kind of like the End of Time in Chrono Trigger

Something does happen in Xenoverse 2 that actually effects the timeline, though:
Spoiler:
Towa goes back to stop Trunks from summoning the Xenoverse 1 hero, which causes the hero to be erased from everyone's memory; the only reason you're able to fix it is because the Kais can tell Towa changed something in the past and realize whatever it was can't be a good thing

Ah. Well, I was thinking of getting Xenoverse 2 cause I read it really refined the battle mechanics, which seem pretty clunky to me... but I've also seen the battles you fight in terms of plot and... I dunno, the fact that a good portion of the game is you fighting the bosses that were already there and all... you know, redoing the plot; it feels a bit... bland. Also, fighting miniversions of a boss you just defeated? Not a very good idea.

Also, I heard that Princess Maker 1 and 2 got OFFICIAL English releases! =D

C-A

Oh, I heard about PM2 but not PM1, I'll have to look into those

XV2 is generally better than XV1, it fixed a bunch of stupid broken stuff from the first game like Super Saiyans being able to spam ultimates

But it also introduced stamina break attacks, which can be a good thing or a bad one

In the first game, having a huge stamina bar meant you could use vanishes and escape moves constantly, but in XV2, having a huge meter means it takes that much longer to restore if you get your stamina broken, and until it does, your opponent can just wail on you and there isn't really much you can do about it

It does make you think twice about dumping a lot of points into stamina, but it also turns PvP into a game of "who can land a stamina break first"

I got my preorder of the new Zelda game... but I really don't feel like playing it.
At least, not very soon... :ron:

C-A

Happy Maria

All the reviews I've seen give it a perfect score,which slightly scares me. Won't be long before you get people saying they overhyped it

I've felt worse.

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
All the reviews I've seen give it a perfect score,which slightly scares me. Won't be long before you get people saying they overhyped it

I'm wouldn't be surprised, the exact same thing happened with Skyward Sword.
Page 96 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station