Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 9 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
(for reference this is the point in a normal Mario game where the timer warns you to Hurry up!).

Yeah and unless you bum around on purpose, you can still finish all the levels just fine. They aren't that overly challenging.

C-A

Well sure under normal circumstances maybe, I've found the timer ticking on a bit when I try to do gold coin runs of levels and spend my time exploring but I can understand why it wouldn't be too tricky unless it's one of those bloody puzzle rooms in Bowser's Castle or a Boo House.

Though this is Super Luigi U with harder more punishing levels, you won't be able to go slow and will probably die a bunch.

And honestly Cat unless you are actually willing to play Super Luigi U you really aren't in a position to judge whether it's challenging or not.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I watched an LP and a few times, the player died cause he told his wife to bring those help-blocks... he was actually somewhat over-reliant on them - and he ran out of time. Or ran out of time when he was in one of Meringue Clouds levels' secret room and exclaming about the giant Luigi statue there...

Btw Kriby Triple Deluxe (or so) for the 3DS looks fun.

C-A

PS: Give me a WiiU and Luigi U and I'll do it.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

Considering your standards, I'm surprised you're not complaining "It's just like every other Kirby game."
IT'S SPELLED K-I-R-B-Y! NOT K-R-I-B-Y!
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Considering your standards, I'm surprised you're not complaining "It's just like every other Kirby game."

It's called a typo, dingus
And the last Kirby game I've played was that Dreamland 3 one. The last LPs of Kirby Games I've watched were for Magical Yarn and that... other one... um... I forget, but it was for the Wii. But looking at Triple Deluxe, I can say, "Yeah it looks a ton like that Wii game, just this time it's (probably?) solo-player, only this time I'm collecting Sun Stones instead of... collecting furniture or so..."

C-A

PS: I am starting my P3P LP back up and I have a guide on my side open, telling me what to answer for Shinji's Social Link, just so I can max his link once. Still not going for a romantic route... I'm either going for Akihiko or Ken for romance.

So happy! Skull girls Encore is now free on PS Plus for ps3

The Chocolateholic of CR

Gonna kill Rhapthrone when I get the chance to...... that fucker has caused me enough troubles as it is.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

It's called a typo, dingus
And the last Kirby game I've played was that Dreamland 3 one. The last LPs of Kirby Games I've watched were for Magical Yarn and that... other one... um... I forget, but it was for the Wii. But looking at Triple Deluxe, I can say, "Yeah it looks a ton like that Wii game, just this time it's (probably?) solo-player, only this time I'm collecting Sun Stones instead of... collecting furniture or so..."

C-A

PS: I am starting my P3P LP back up and I have a guide on my side open, telling me what to answer for Shinji's Social Link, just so I can max his link once. Still not going for a romantic route... I'm either going for Akihiko or Ken for romance.

That was a joke. Why do you think it was in small text?
Ugghh, I hated not being able to pursue a non-romantic path with the girls in Persona 3 FES. I'll never understand how encouraging Yuko to train a group of children leads to her falling for the protagonist.
Speaking of which, Shinjiro's a social link in the female path? Do they try to flesh out his character more, or at least do something relevant to whatever arcana his social link is? Or is just something thrown in so fangirls can say squee?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

He's turned into the Moon Arcana and... I honestly feel they just turned him into the "Tough Guy who is a Big Ol' Softie on the Inside" type of guy, cause in the social link we learn that he cooks and is actually rather worried about the SEES people, that they're eating right and bla bla bla - it really feels like they made him that to make fangirls squee.
And I'm only doing this to see how things are if you save him. The Social Link doesn't expand his character in a good way.

Also, yes. It's disgusting that, if you want to max a girl's social link in P3/P3P, you HAVE to go the romantic route with her. You have to become a freaking womanizer, gigolo or... well pretty much a man-whore. I am SO GLAD that you got an option to become a couple with a girl or remain friends in P4.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Maybe the inability to break up with a girl is their way of commenting on one of the few subtle personality traits of your 'blank slate' silent protagonist. Minato is actually just a womaniser.

Though yeah it was a pain in the ass not being able to build social links without negative repercussions.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Sorry if I'm already touching a dead topic since I've been gone all day, but on the subject of Super Luigi U and other games in general, I try not to judge the difficulty of a game by how someone, like on YouTube, plays. They may be better than me, they may be worse than me. I try to withhold a statement of a game's difficulty until I play it for myself, then make the call. To me, the experience defines the game. Sure, watching it gives you some idea, but to me, there's a big difference between watching someone play and playing the game for yourself. The way you handle controls, your hand-eye coordination, your reaction times, they're going to be different than the person you're watching. In fact, I'd say controls plays a huge handle on things.

For example, I'll take Skyward Sword into account. I've only seen a playthrough of it myself. I liked what I saw. However, I can't make the call on whether or not I think the game is fun to play or if I like the controls because I haven't played it for myself. For that matter, I'm unable to tell whether the game would be difficult for me or not. All game play videos do for me is just determine to me whether or not I'd be interested in trying a game out or watch someone play through a game that I've already beaten and watch how their skill level stacks up to mine. I don't use it to judge how a game plays because I'm not playing it and experiencing it. Gaming is all about experiencing it first hand to me.

The ONLY time I really let a game play video sway my thoughts on a game is when it has to come to story/plot, as those really can't be experienced too differently whether your first encounter with it watching someone play or playing it for yourself.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
So happy! Skull girls Encore is now free on PS Plus for ps3

Fantastic. Now express that 'so happy' feeling on more important things. -___-
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

Quote:
For example, I'll take Skyward Sword into account. I've only seen a playthrough of it myself. I liked what I saw. However, I can't make the call on whether or not I think the game is fun to play or if I like the controls because I haven't played it for myself.

A similar, and yet different, case for me was Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass. I first played PH on an emulator and that didn't work out too well, but whatever. I watched an LP of Spirit Tracks and it seemed entertaining, but once I saw the LP, I decided I didn't want to play the game myself. Mostly because it didn't seem too interesting... and the second being the controls. Since it's full-on touch screen controls, I decided to not play the game for that reason, too.

I overall do not enjoy Touch Screen controls... I find them okay in Harvest Moon DS because the controls on the touch screen are basically the submenues and equipping tools, accessories or managing your backpack. It's okay, but even there I feel like saying it really is kind of a hindrance because, in order to use the touch screen, you need to take your hand off some of the buttons you may be using and plot, plot, move around and all. That's just clunky. Same reason, the shortcuts in Tales of the Abyss 3DS. In order to tell my party members to use a shortcut, I need to take my hand off of the attack or move buttons mid-battle, so I can tell them. That's clunky and can really bite you in the ass, cause if you're using the touch screen, you may not be able to block or move away in time.

The touch screen controls for Dissidia Theathrhythm are okay. Because that is a rhythm game and it has only-Touch Screen controls. There it works for me, because the buttons are useless and I have one hand dedicated to the touch screen all the time. It works. So... I guess it depends on the game's genre if they work for me. In an Adventure or RPG game, where I have buttons as my main option and touch screen is just... there... it's bothersome. In Rhythm games, it works for me.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Sorry if I'm already touching a dead topic since I've been gone all day, but on the subject of Super Luigi U and other games in general, I try not to judge the difficulty of a game by how someone, like on YouTube, plays. They may be better than me, they may be worse than me. I try to withhold a statement of a game's difficulty until I play it for myself, then make the call. To me, the experience defines the game. Sure, watching it gives you some idea, but to me, there's a big difference between watching someone play and playing the game for yourself. The way you handle controls, your hand-eye coordination, your reaction times, they're going to be different than the person you're watching. In fact, I'd say controls plays a huge handle on things.

For example, I'll take Skyward Sword into account. I've only seen a playthrough of it myself. I liked what I saw. However, I can't make the call on whether or not I think the game is fun to play or if I like the controls because I haven't played it for myself. For that matter, I'm unable to tell whether the game would be difficult for me or not. All game play videos do for me is just determine to me whether or not I'd be interested in trying a game out or watch someone play through a game that I've already beaten and watch how their skill level stacks up to mine. I don't use it to judge how a game plays because I'm not playing it and experiencing it. Gaming is all about experiencing it first hand to me.

The ONLY time I really let a game play video sway my thoughts on a game is when it has to come to story/plot, as those really can't be experienced too differently whether your first encounter with it watching someone play or playing it for yourself.

A good case of this for me was when I was trying to find a video of a boss fight with the Devil Hand in Godhand to show someone how bloody difficult it was.

Of course youtube is populated by people who are ACE at the game and everything I saw just made it look easy and didn't convey how difficult it was.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

I should play my games..... I just lost my train of thought.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

A good case of this for me was when I was trying to find a video of a boss fight with the Devil Hand in Godhand to show someone how bloody difficult it was.

Of course youtube is populated by people who are ACE at the game and everything I saw just made it look easy and didn't convey how difficult it was.

And then there's Game Grumps, where they make most of the games they play feel like the hardest thing that was ever created.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

And then there's Game Grumps, where they make most of the games they play feel like the hardest thing that was ever created.

I'm sure there must be some kind of 'audience' effect that makes people being watched perform worse at something. It'll be how folks can sit on the couch and know the answers to everything on Who wants to be a Millionaire while the contestant flubs it at the first few, I'd like to believe it applies to Let's Players as well when I see them doing things/missing things blatantly obvious.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

So in my P3P Let's Play, I just recorded THE SHINJI SCENE. And yes, this time I had a little guide open on my side that gave me the answers for his social links, so I maxed those out. I didn't get the extra scene where I ...... "spend a long time" with him, cause I didn't want it.
And quite honestly, even after maxing his social link, THAT SCENE is not very emotional for me. It's like the Visual Novel style sucked out all the emotion the scene could've given me. It's like if they had made Aerith's death that way in VII, I doubt many people would've called that traumatic then...

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

I wish I had two things. Xbox Live and GTA V.

1 day and 1/2 left until I finally get my psp vita with borderlands 2 :sparkly-maggey:

High level play

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
1 day and 1/2 left until I finally get my psp vita with borderlands 2 :sparkly-maggey:

Why not get it on steam? A FPS experience is best on a PC or console in my opinion.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Fate Testarossa

I also hear that the Vita port suffers from really bad frame rate issues.

Fate is made by クロス

Sjibbey wrote:
Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:

Why not get it on steam? A FPS experience is best on a PC or console in my opinion.

Why get it on steam when borderlands 2 comes free when I brought my vita yesterday. It's part of the bundle that is out for the new version of the vita.

ARGH! I just looked at my uploaded videos and noticed I haven't finished uploading all the parts of Case 3-5! And when I checked my video folder, I saw I hadn't even exported the second-to-last AND the last (2 Hour) part of Case 3-5 yet! Argh, this is why I hate the case even more now, I hate it so much I forgot about exporting the last bits. Urgh!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Playing through Mass Effect 2 again and just about to wrap up on the Suicide Mission.

Sadly despite it being the highlight of a favourite comic of mine.

Miranda isn't actually an option at all on the selection menu.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Playing through Mass Effect 2 again and just about to wrap up on the Suicide Mission.

Sadly despite it being the highlight of a favourite comic of mine.

Miranda isn't actually an option at all on the selection menu.

I remember that. The trouble was that I romanced Tali in ME2 because I was (and still am) curious how she looked behind that mask. Unfortunately she was the best person for the mission so I did eventually send her.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
I remember that. The trouble was that I romanced Tali in ME2 because I was (and still am) curious how she looked behind that mask. Unfortunately she was the best person for the mission so I did eventually send her.

Spoilers, Tali's appearance is a total let down. I think AngryJoe had something to say about that in his ME3 review. Mostly cause he romanced her himself. I dunno who I'll go for when I get myself to play ME again, my first problem will be trying to learn the controls and not get lost. (In, what my husband says, are the most linear of areas)

C-A

High level play

CatMuto wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

Spoilers, Tali's appearance is a total let down. I think AngryJoe had something to say about that in his ME3 review. Mostly cause he romanced her himself. I dunno who I'll go for when I get myself to play ME again, my first problem will be trying to learn the controls and not get lost. (In, what my husband says, are the most linear of areas)

C-A

Wait, is there ever a moment she takes of her mask and the player gets to see it? Because something like that would definitely pop up on the internet somewhere and I haven't seen it.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

C-A

I think it's entertaining to note how Quarian's complain about humans trying to romance them just because of the mystery behind the mask and it's actually coming into play here XD

Still it is a bit of a letdown but Tali's romance is still lovely.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sjibbey wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

C-A

Wait, is there ever a moment she takes of her mask and the player gets to see it? Because something like that would definitely pop up on the internet somewhere and I haven't seen it.

I think a picture of her without the mask is found in her room in ME3...? From what I understand, I haven't played ME3 yet.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

That's precisely it and yes there should be pictures online because there was quite the outrage when folks found out about it. Not sure if you always get the photo or if it's only for romances but I think it pops up after the big "Quarian/Geth" arc in your cabin.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Still playing J Stars Vs. Its pretty fun playing all my favorite shonen characters. If only it wasn't $90 i would have brought it >.>

Gardevoir lover

Just a few weeks till Mario kart 8.
I'm really excited for that game.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

I'm excited about it...almost as much as I am for the game I'll get free with it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

I'm excited about it...almost as much as I am for the game I'll get free with it.

Wind waker HD?

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Wind waker HD?

That was the game I got with the Console, it's just there's some really appealing free games to be had. I'll probably go with Pikmin or Mario bros.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

I'll be getting Wind waker HD.
I have an affinity with games with a lot of water in them.
...As you can guess.

I started up my Tales of Symphonia savefile again, after not doing anything with it for months or close to a year. I either forgot my controls all the way or I forgot that the PS2 version was made more difficult than the GC version. And I definitely forgot some of the puzzle solving, which I used to know by heart... I had to look up the Celsius Statue puzzle one.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Just finished Crisis Core for the first time. Does ANYONE have an explanation that makes Genesis' character make sense?
Why is my first complaint to a video game about a character and not the luck-based gameplay?

Up to Chapter 5 of Danganronpa. Can't wait to finish it and do School mode that I couldn't do with the Japanese release of the game.

sumguy28 wrote:
Just finished Crisis Core for the first time. Does ANYONE have an explanation that makes Genesis' character make sense?
Why is my first complaint to a video game about a character and not the luck-based gameplay?

No, there is no good way to explain Genesis' character. Somebody on the development team was a huge Gackt fan apparently, and they made Genesis look like Gackt - and in the Japanese version, he is voiced by Gackt himself, too. Also played by Gackt in Dirge of Cerberus, from what I read.

While I enjoy Crisis Core because of Zack, I do have to say... it's not a very good game, at least, not if you call it a prequel to VII. Mostly because... face it, aside from the scenes Zack has with Aerith, Cloud or Sephiroth (and the Ending) it didn't really have anything to do with VII's story or expanded on it in any way.

As for luck-based... well, the DMW kind of. Leveling up, not so much. You do gain EXP from battles, albeit invisible, and the DMW will activate and give you 777 when you earned enough to level up. As for leveling up the Materia... or fusing them... I never got very deep into that. It was okay. Only thing I haven't done yet in Crisis Core, aside from getting all summons and DMW scenes for each person, is to defeat Minerva, the ultimate superboss of the game.

And I can't do what American players do, because I play the Japanese version (horray for Suzumura Kenichi and Sakamoto Maaya!) and if you die during a mission in the Japanese version, it's Game Over. However, I am gonna do an LP of the game and it's the undubbed version... so I might be able to do it... *knocks on wood*

C-A

PS: What did you think of how the Ending was executed, btw?
Page 9 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station