Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 91 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

JesusMonroe wrote:
Phoenix obtains evidence without warrants and procedure and stuff and is therefore a criminal

Well... yeah, he is. The only time that actually comes into play, though, is during 1-5 and that is not just stupid, but also terrible gameplay and story telling. But I think I've ranted about that in the AA forum section once.

Quote:
And MatPat doesn't even bring up the time Phoenix blackmailed Redd White in the middle of court, or when he broke into Gant's office, or when he extracted an internalized false confession out of a teenager.

Actually, it was MIA who blackmailed White - you know, THE VICTIM of the case. Like, nobody mentions that the fucking DEAD VICTIM is talking here? But then, they also ignore the fact that Gant quite obviously made HUGE threats to Lana before the break in 1-5, the amount of perjury is appalling, the biggest plot holes in the cases are never explored (ex. Majority of Lana's actions in 1-5's trial) and 3-5 is the epitome of I Want To Throw This Game Against The Wall For Being Annoyingly Stupid. (Seriously? Who thought even FOR A SECOND that Maya was actually dead? Especially if the main stick of the game is SPIRIT CHANNELING!)

Also, he forced a false confession? Was that in GS5?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
Phoenix obtains evidence without warrants and procedure and stuff and is therefore a criminal

Well... yeah, he is. The only time that actually comes into play, though, is during 1-5 and that is not just stupid, but also terrible gameplay and story telling. But I think I've ranted about that in the AA forum section once.

Yeah, I also found that rather odd. I mean: Phoenix ALWAYS takes evidence from the crime scene without neither the police nor the prosecution even knowing it. And it seems the judge, the prosecutor and the police are ok with that, like it's the standard procedure for gaining evidence in the AA judicial system, at least for the defense.

So the whole "Illegal Evidence" issue brought up in 1-5 seemed pretty out of place.

JesusMonroe wrote:
And MatPat doesn't even bring up the time Phoenix blackmailed Redd White in the middle of court, or when he broke into Gant's office, or when he extracted an internalized false confession out of a teenager.

Or when he had forged evidence and had ensured that Apollo presented it in court without his knowledge (4-1, Turnabout Trump)? I think that's the hugest example of Phoenix breaking the law.

Now, this gets quite bizarre, considering that Phoenix is the one who fights against the "The end justifies the means" thing in Dual Destinies, don't you think? :maya-thought:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've felt worse.

Quote:
Also, he forced an internalized false confession? Was that in GS5?

I was referring to 1-5. Technically the court never accepted it, but the basic procedure is the same. Call someone in for questioning, doubt their memory, show the way it most definitely happened, now you have an innocent who believes they're a murderer.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:

I was referring to 1-5. Technically the court never accepted it, but the basic procedure is the same. Call someone in for questioning, doubt their memory, show the way it most definitely happened, now you have an innocent who believes they're a murderer.

Ah. You know, I could do very fucking well without 1-5, because I could rant for an hour about ALL the issues with that fucking case - the fact that everyone ignores Gant's blatant threatening of Lana being merely the tip of the diarrhea-frosted shit cake. There's the abovementioned sudden "Illegal Evidence" leash that never comes into play again; it contradicts 1-4 AND the ports did not bother to freaking alter the text even slightly to make it seem like 1-5 actually took place (maybe it's a coma dream of Phoenix' and GS6 will end with him awakening in a hospital and realizing that the last 10 years of his life was nothing but weird shit he dreamed after being almost zapped by Karma's thunder gun); Lana's actions make no sense; DL-6 makes no sense because of THAT GODDAMN FUCKING JAR :fire: and the characters are not all that great, either. The closest to being interesting is Angel, but only because she has a nice rack. The rest can go rot.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:

Ah. You know, I could do very fucking well without 1-5, because I could rant for an hour about ALL the issues with that fucking case - the fact that everyone ignores Gant's blatant threatening of Lana being merely the tip of the diarrhea-frosted shit cake. There's the abovementioned sudden "Illegal Evidence" leash that never comes into play again; it contradicts 1-4 AND the ports did not bother to freaking alter the text even slightly to make it seem like 1-5 actually took place (maybe it's a coma dream of Phoenix' and GS6 will end with him awakening in a hospital and realizing that the last 10 years of his life was nothing but weird shit he dreamed after being almost zapped by Karma's thunder gun); Lana's actions make no sense; DL-6 makes no sense because of THAT GODDAMN FUCKING JAR :fire: and the characters are not all that great, either. The closest to being interesting is Angel, but only because she has a nice rack. The rest can go rot.

C-A

What are you a 13-year old youtube reviewer?

Pfft I liked a lot of the characters in 1-5. I liked basically all of them apart from Lana (because she just makes your job difficult there). Jake especially has a style I appreciate but I've always been fond of gunslinger archetypes. Also a big fan of Gant too, I like his jovial-yet-threatening thing he's going for.

Like he can be your best buddy but you really shouldn't cross him.

Course opinions on characters are just that, opinions but I figured it's more interesting that "has a nice rack".
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Ah. You know, I could do very fucking well without 1-5

No, really? I never knew. It's like we didn't spend several pages on the cough-up thread arguing about it.
Also we went ten months and one day without discussing this case and at least one of us breaking into a cluster f-bomb. If we made to the end of the year, we would have set a new record.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Last edited by tiger_festival on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boy, this case sucks so much

who designed it? SATAN?

Pierre wrote:
What are you a 13-year old youtube reviewer?

Well, I would've said I liked her overall appearance, but I frankly find the riceball on the hat to be stupid and her hairstyle reminds me a little too much of Tear Grants, a videogame character I despise. Outside of that, the furjacket is just there and the only noticeable thing about her dress is the low cut to reveal the rack. She was designed to be sexy; what's the problem with pointing that out by mentioning her most prominent feature?

Quote:
apart from Lana (because she just makes your job difficult there)

Especially since her behavior is so freaking contradictory. Look, either choose to not take my offer of work up to begin with or DON'T tell me to piss off, while handing me evidence to dig up a case that you obviously think is fool-proof in showing your sister is guilty of manslaughter, like you WANT me to reveal it to the court and telling me I should mind my own business.

Quote:
Also we went ten months and one day without discussing this case and at least one of us breaking into a cluster f-bomb. If we made to the end of the year, we would have set a new record.

But that's boring.

Quote:
boy, this case sucks so much

who designed it? SATAN?

Probably GlaDOS.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
apart from Lana (because she just makes your job difficult there)

That's why she's the best.
CatMuto wrote:
Especially since her behavior is so freaking contradictory. Look, either choose to not take my offer of work up to begin with or DON'T tell me to piss off, while handing me evidence to dig up a case that you obviously think is fool-proof in showing your sister is guilty of manslaughter, like you WANT me to reveal it to the court and telling me I should mind my own business.

See, this is why I don't miss our cough-up days. Every time you bring it up, you repeat a point that I've already covered before.
4000 years ago, you wrote:
Why did Lana have a picture of the murder and kept it for 2 years? If she was trying to hide the fact that Ema killed Marshall*, why take this picture. Why keep it in a book. Especially, why give it to Gumshoe to give it to Wright and - according to the script - was to give it to him "if, by chance, there was a recess in today's trial". What if there had been no recess? And if that was still when she was trying to avoid all doors being opened for SL-9 again, why even bother getting it brought to him? It makes no sense.

so I wrote:
There wouldn't have been a recess had her confession at the beginning of Day 4 trial been accepted. In that event, Lana would have been found guilty and SL-9 would have never been touched upon again. She knew that if the trial did last long enough for a recess, then the secret she has kept hidden for two years would most likely be revealed. In that scenario, the only positive result would be to admit it and hope that Wright could prove what Gant has done over the past two years.

and then you wrote:
And if she was oh so determined to be found guilty, why even let Phoenix take over her defense to begin with?

in response, I wrote:
Looking at the evidence alone at the scene of Goodman's supposed crime scene, anyone could have deduced that Lana did it. It's only because of the incident in the evidence room that Wright is able to extend the trial and buy time to find out everything, which Lana could not have possibly known about. So why did Lana allow Wright to take the trial? Simple.
She only went along with her plan because she didn't want to hurt Ema. With this, it became clear that her actions were hurting her regardless. Allowing Phoenix Wright to defend her was the least she could do to tell her that she didn't want to abandon her.

But because of some stupid random .gif I put up for no reason, you wrote:
PS: THAT FUCKING BLUE BADGER!! :tigre:

And then that point just got dropped.

ASCEND

Rise From the Ashes aside, I'm pretty sure MatPat had only played the first game when he made that theory. And by that I mean the first four cases, because there was no footage from 1-5. So basically, he called Phoenix a criminal without even playing his entire trilogy. Great job.

Not only that, but he also claimed that the Japanifornia thing was canon, instead of doing a little more research and discovering that such a thing doesn't even exist in Japan, so talking to an American lawyer would be completely pointless. He also acts like Phoenix should lose his badge for doing something that almost every prosecutor also does, and doesn't bother to mention that.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Quote:
There wouldn't have been a recess had her confession at the beginning of Day 4 trial been accepted. In that event, Lana would have been found guilty and SL-9 would have never been touched upon again. She knew that if the trial did last long enough for a recess, then the secret she has kept hidden for two years would most likely be revealed. In that scenario, the only positive result would be to admit it and hope that Wright could prove what Gant has done over the past two years.

Which still makes no sense. She seemed convinced that Ema had killed Marshall - so why would she want it to be dug into? Sure, she could point out that Gant had a pretty good blackmail reason on her, but so what? For someone who was so intent on keeping her little sister out of being taken in for manslaughter, she doesn't come across as someone as "I always believed in your innocence". More the "OmG, must hide evidence!" which... well, I'm sure I've already pointed out how the entire JAR makes no sense, even if we believe that Ema was full of adrenaline and, hence, had the strength to push someone into a statue.

Quote:
And then that point just got dropped.

You know I get distracted easily.

Quote:
Rise From the Ashes aside, I'm pretty sure MatPat had only played the first game when he made that theory. And by that I mean the first four cases, because there was no footage from 1-5. So basically, he called Phoenix a criminal without even playing his entire trilogy. Great job.

Well, does he REALLY need to play through T&T and watch as Phoenix is, for the third time, carrying evidence towards his main suspect? And does he really need to play through Turnabout Circus? I mean, the only two reasons for Case 3-3 to exist is A) to make Phoenix point out how he hates people who use poison to kill others (like we couldn't tell from his overall reaction post-3-1) and B) that Godot cannot see red on white. Which was already pointed out in the beginning of the trial in 3-5, so... pointless.

Quote:
He also acts like Phoenix should lose his badge for doing something that almost every prosecutor also does, and doesn't bother to mention that.

Well, yeah. Hey, considering how much the defense attorneys get reamed, but the prosecutors are freaking Jesus, you would come to that conclusion.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
You know I get distracted easily

That's one way of putting it. I look at it more as you know to "Get while the Gettin's good"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Quote:
Sure, she could point out that Gant had a pretty good blackmail reason on her, but so what?

To expose everything that happened over the past two years? That if everything she worked for was about to go down the drain, then there was no reason to cover for him?

Quote:
For someone who was so intent on keeping her little sister out of being taken in for manslaughter, she doesn't come across as someone as "I always believed in your innocence". More the "OmG, must hide evidence!"

I got the impression that she was someone conflicted between undoing the web of lied she's spun or protecting the one that mattered to her most. But that's just my interpretation.A game interpretation thanks for reading.
Quote:
well, I'm sure I've already pointed out how the entire JAR makes no sense, even if we believe that Ema was full of adrenaline and, hence, had the strength to push someone into a statue.

3999 years ago, you wrote:
What, a dumb unstable jar like that can do a kamikaze attack, fall from over 10 Feet height and not break, but when Gant comes in to write EMA on it and throws it probably from about 3 Feet onto the ground, it breaks? What kind of dumb adamantite is this jar made of?

Quote:
Do not try this at home: Take a glass tumbler from your house. Put it three feet above ground, then drop it without adding any extra force. Now take a similar object, lift it above your head, and throw it with all your force. Which one broke? No I'm not asking you to destroy your household objects, so I'll just tell you: the second one broke.

Quote:
Well how the fuck did the Jar jump ABOVE Marshall and Darke - and even if they were semi-leaning/crouched like in the picture, that's still at least 2 meters in the fucking air. And remember, that jar is already unstable. I STILL fail to see how it got HIGH in the air if someone fucking bumped into it. How can that thing NOT break AT THAT POINT?

Quote:
Well where the fuck did it say it was ABOVE Marshall and Darke? Is next to Marshall and Darke not a viable thought in your head? The jar was labeled as unstable only after it broke and was reassembled.

Quote:
The picture! The stupid polygon crap FF VII graphic style picture that Ema drew like a little kid to a psychologist at the age of 5!

Quote:
Those were two different moments. Two entirely different flashes of lightning. "Just then there was another flash of lightning". None of this indicates that the jar was directly overhead at the same time that the two were fighting.

In hindsight, the jar looks like it was made to fall over at the slightest push. With a base that small, it wouldn't take much to tip it. Friggin' antiques.

Gardevoir lover

More fusions were announced for the new Dragonball game.

That Gohan Videl fusion needs to be made into an action figure it looks pretty cool.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
That Gohan Videl fusion needs to be made into an action figure it looks pretty cool.

I wonder about its gender.

C-A

In Justice We Trust

I really hope Firaxis won't make Catherine II Russia's leader in Civilization VI. It's one thing when the country in question has only ever had one especially admired and/or important leader in its history. It's another thing entirely when the country in question has had multiple admired and/or important leaders in its history. Just off the top of my head, I can think of six important Russian rulers other than Katya: Tsar Ivan the Terrible, Tsar Boris, Emperor Peter the Great, Empress Elizabeth, Emperor Alexander I, Emperor Alexander II.
I'll always love you, Max.

Markplier's "Fuck you" dance and other FNAF 3 reactions
Seriously, how do you still scream when you saw the thing coming at you a second before?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Seriously, how do you still scream when you saw the thing coming at you a second before?

C-A

Because they're performing.

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Fuck your performing, I'd rather see real reactions. That's what you get in my LPs. Heck, one reason why I liked watching cr1tikal playing FNAF was because he didn't get scared at all and just kept going with how he really is. Even ProJared, who may have jumped once or twice, but didn't decide to go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH" into my ear.

It's basically 'jumpscares' via LPs. Or even AestheticGamer. Sure, sometimes he gets scared or jumps at things, but not to the exaggerated extent. When he played Dreadout: Keepers of the Dark and the ninetales monster surprised him, he went "OH, JESUS!" in honest shock and I found that funny.

C-A

I've felt worse.

*shrug* Well apparently overreacting rakes in the views. It's not my thing, and I do prefer honest reactions from LPers such as ProJared, but other people eat it up.

Spoiler: after seeing the trailer for the new Sonic game

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Fuck your performing, I'd rather see real reactions. That's what you get in my LPs. Heck, one reason why I liked watching cr1tikal playing FNAF was because he didn't get scared at all and just kept going with how he really is. Even ProJared, who may have jumped once or twice, but didn't decide to go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH" into my ear.

It's basically 'jumpscares' via LPs. Or even AestheticGamer. Sure, sometimes he gets scared or jumps at things, but not to the exaggerated extent. When he played Dreadout: Keepers of the Dark and the ninetales monster surprised him, he went "OH, JESUS!" in honest shock and I found that funny.

C-A

Then how about "Don't Like Don't Watch?" They are fairly successful youtubers so something about their performance clearly works for their audience. If you'd rather see real reactions why not just stick to those that you know you like rather than whining about other people you don't like?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Then how about "Don't Like Don't Watch?"

1. Always a stupid statement. How is one supposed to know if someone may not like something without watching it first? :ron:

2. I don't watch those people. I only saw this one video of Markplier, because it was linked in regards to the "Fuck You dance".

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Then how about "Don't Like Don't Watch?"

1. Always a stupid statement. How is one supposed to know if someone may not like something without watching it first? :ron:

2. I don't watch those people. I only saw this one video of Markplier, because it was linked in regards to the "Fuck You dance".

C-A

Not always a stupid statement...when I know you've watched them before so it's appropriate. You've complained about OTT youtube performances before. If you'd prefer though perhaps this will capture my sentiment better: It's not your thing and you don't care about it so why waste the energy ranting and hating on it? It won't make two whits to them if you manage to dissuade someone from watching their channel in the long run. There's nothing gained from it as a discussion.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You do know Cr1TiKaL's 100% stoic persona is an act too, right Cat?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

How can he be 100% stoic, if he did get surprised by a leaf on his window? Besides, most of what I know of his work is the dubs of the infomercials.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

How can he be 100% stoic, if he did get surprised by a leaf on his window? Besides, most of what I know of his work is the dubs of the infomercials.

C-A

Because stoicism is hard? Because he's not inherently 100% stoic and is "performing"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'd just like to say, in regards to Life Is Strange, I have very little sympathy for Kate.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I'd just like to say, in regards to Life Is Strange, I have very little sympathy for Kate.

C-A

Which one is Kate?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Which one is Kate?

Kate Marsh, the girl who has a viral video going around on the internet and is being shamed and bullied for. What happens to her because of the video, especially from some of her family, is absolutely atrocious and disgusting. And I do feel sorry for her about that. But...

Spoiler: Life is Strange - Kate Marsh Spoiler
I cannot have any sympathy for her, for purposefully getting so bloody drunk at a party that she loses all control over her body and does the actions that end up being filmed. Yes, taking a video of that is disgusting. But Kate was the one who chose to drink so much alcohol.

The video? Not her fault.
The bullying? Not her fault.
The drinking and resulting actions? Absolutely her fault.

Then again, Life is Strange has the problem that so much is filled with drama, it can become difficult to care about any of the characters in it.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Spoiler: Life is Strange - Kate Marsh Spoiler
I cannot have any sympathy for her, for purposefully getting so bloody drunk at a party that she loses all control over her body and does the actions that end up being filmed. Yes, taking a video of that is disgusting. But Kate was the one who chose to drink so much alcohol.

The video? Not her fault.
The bullying? Not her fault.
The drinking and resulting actions? Absolutely her fault.

Spoiler:
Wasn't she drugged?

In regards to Kate though, I still have no idea how people failed to convince her not to throw herself off the roof.

Quote:
Then again, Life is Strange has the problem that so much is filled with drama, it can become difficult to care about any of the characters in it.

You know, I just realized that every character in Life is Strange can be summed up with one adjective. The hipster one, the rebel one, the nerd one, the asshole one, the Christian one, the artist one, the conservative one,
Spoiler:
the "supposed to be a rapist one but we can't actually show rape but we think this is a close enough allegory" one.

Gettin' Old!

Sumguy your assertion about the cause of Kate's behaviour is correct. Cat might not have gotten that far though.

Also Life is Strange I have too many problems with...so much of it is whimsical art nonsense that perhaps I'm just not artistically minded enough to appreciate. I also disagree with so much of the crap your punk friend puts you through there and I'd probably cut ties long before things go the way they do.

Spoiler: Life is Strange
ALSO THEY NEVER EXPLAIN THE POWERS

Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I also disagree with so much of the crap your punk friend puts you through there and I'd probably cut ties long before things go the way they do.

I convinced myself I cared for her throughout because Max supposedly cared, but then the end of Chapter 4 happened, I realized I gave absolutely zero fucks about her, then made an entry of TvTropes' Crowning Moment of Indifference page just to show how much I cared.

Pierre wrote:

I expected that to happen, but in hindsight it's even worse that this happened.
Spoiler:
First, as you mentioned earlier, the cosmic weather shit that happens that's supposed to be a result of her powers which just raises further questions. Second, the supernatural stuff lining up with a crapton of hints they kept dropping. The Prestons have something vaguely huge that's going on the same day that a tornado ravages the place? Nope, just a coincidence. The serial embarrassing picture taker (I cannot believe I just wrote that) that keeps calling Max special; could he know about her powers and why they manifested? Nope, he's just a creep. I know the devs' budget ran out near the end, but come on. They can't just leave a bunch of questions unanswered, then promise answers in a sequel, and expect me to buy it. Why not just say that she's an esper a la Zero Escape. Sure, it'd feel shoehorned in, but it'd be something.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah if they hadn't kept implying her powers are so monumental to the world and hinting at the other supernatural stuff and the consequences of it...

I think Max is completely forgettable as a protagonist other than her powers, I guess that makes her relatable I suppose? Many people aren't particularly special, outspoken or otherwise stand out from the crowd. Cept Mr Creepy Teach sees something 'special' in you.

Like I can get handwaving powers somewhat but the more you make them important the more they require an explanation.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Sumguy your assertion about the cause of Kate's behaviour is correct. Cat might not have gotten that far though.

Spoiler: Life is Strange - Kate
Frankly, I don't care if drunk or drugged. Still cannot feel much sympathy for her. And they talk her down by saying that her daddy - the ONLY person who doesn't blame her for the VIDEO'S EXISTENCE - will be sad if she dies. Horray.

I have minor problems with Life is Strange.
One of them is how they call every photographer or artist a motherfucking "hipster". Do you people even KNOW what hipster means!? You like something - you're a hipster. You hate something - you're a hipster. Pick one and stop slinging the word around like it's monkey's poo and think you are being 'edgy'!

Also, they keep saying that Mr Jefferson is, like, super hot and totally attractive and everyone wants into his pants. I saw him and... eh, he's not bad-looking. It's just I personally would not find him sexually attractive... mostly cause his appearance reminds me a bit of my father, so...

Oh, and one of the things I have to save Chloe from? Getting run over by a train. Okay... except, she LAY DOWN ON THE TRACKS. For funnsies! I'm sorry, WHY am I supposed to save this moron? What human would be stupid enough to lie down on train tracks? Chloe, you DESERVE to get hit by that train.

Yeah, what IS with her powers? Inherited? Supernatural cosmic powers suddenly unlocked? God or whatever power having a sick sense of humor and just giving them to her? I know that they had a minor budget and kind of had to rush Episode 5 with what they had, BUT YOU CAN'T JUST IGNORE A MAJOR GAMEPLAY FACTOR!

Quote:
TvTropes' Crowning Moment of Indifference

Whoa, wait, they have that page? Or do you mean YMMV?

Quote:
They can't just leave a bunch of questions unanswered

Oh, but they did answer them! By saying it is supposed to be ambiguous and you are supposed to pick whatever you want.
Yeah, that worked in Tales of the Abyss with Mr Ending, but not here.

C-A

PS: The two 'regular' endings are pretty stupid. Why one of them is even an option is beyond me. Technically, yes, it is a very difficult choice to make... in reality. This is a videogame and I don't have to think about actual consequences. Also, it involves a character that is... kind of a dick. (Then again, that's what LiS is. Life is Strange: Everyone is a Dick)

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Spoiler: Life is Strange - Kate
Frankly, I don't care if drunk or drugged. Still cannot feel much sympathy for her. And they talk her down by saying that her daddy - the ONLY person who doesn't blame her for the VIDEO'S EXISTENCE - will be sad if she dies. Horray.

I have minor problems with Life is Strange.
One of them is how they call every photographer or artist a motherfucking "hipster". Do you people even KNOW what hipster means!? You like something - you're a hipster. You hate something - you're a hipster. Pick one and stop slinging the word around like it's monkey's poo and think you are being 'edgy'!

Also, they keep saying that Mr Jefferson is, like, super hot and totally attractive and everyone wants into his pants. I saw him and... eh, he's not bad-looking. It's just I personally would not find him sexually attractive... mostly cause his appearance reminds me a bit of my father, so...

Oh, and one of the things I have to save Chloe from? Getting run over by a train. Okay... except, she LAY DOWN ON THE TRACKS. For funnsies! I'm sorry, WHY am I supposed to save this moron? What human would be stupid enough to lie down on train tracks? Chloe, you DESERVE to get hit by that train.

Spoiler: Life is Strange-Kate
Even knowing that someone drugged her into a stupor and abused her to make that video you still would blame her for what happened? How is she responsible for her actions?

Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Relevant video.
Quote:
PS: The two 'regular' endings are pretty stupid. Why one of them is even an option is beyond me. Technically, yes, it is a very difficult choice to make... in reality. This is a videogame and I don't have to think about actual consequences. Also, it involves a character that is... kind of a dick.

Between the two options, there was only one thing that made me decide on an ending.
Those whales, man. :larry:

I wish I was joking, but I'm serious. That was the only motivating factor in my decision between "nothing fucking mattered" and "nothing fucking mattered."

sumguy28 wrote:
Between the two options, there was only one thing that made me decide on an ending.

Spoiler: Life is Strange Endings
Honestly, it comes down to the choice of let everyone die to have this one girl remain alive - despite it being pretty freaking obvious that the universe wants her to die, because you fucked things up, so for all we know, letting Arcadia Bay be destroyed by the tornado will be pointless as the universe will continue to go after Chloe...

Or let one girl, who has a chip the size of Texas on her shoulder and uses it as an excuse for all her 'bad' behavior, die, who was supposed to die to begin with. And who was dumb enough to blackmail a kid who is super unhinged.

Also, is it just me or does the whole "Mr Jefferson does evulz things for evulz' sake" come across as taking over the plot of what was originally "keep Chloe safe"? Yeah, Rachel is kind of important, but it feels like a subplot.

C-A

PS: Pierre, I blame her for going to a party filled with people who hate her to begin with.

I'm doing a Wonderlocke in Pokémon Y. Upside, I got an Eevee really fast and I am thinking of making it an Espeon; especially since it has -Attack but +SpDef. Anyway, someone gave me a Snorlax... a Level 60 Snorlax! So, I had to trade it away again, since I'm in the beginning and haven't even beaten Viola yet. But then it says I can't Wondertrade it away... cause it has TWO HM moves on it. So, this guy manages to wondertrade it away, but it suddenly is forbidden for ME?
Luckily, someone wanted to trade and - for some reason - I could normally trade the Snorlax away.
I got a Lvl 1 Litwick instead.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Since the announcement of Lady Layton i have been wanting to replay the Layton games. I should do that.
...After Tales of Symphonia of course

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

In my Pokémon Y Wonderlocke, my current team is an Eevee I am trying to get to Espeon ASAP (it already came in a Luxury Ball. LOVE ME ALREADY!!), Litwick (OmG it doesn't evolve until Level 41 AND THEN I can't get a Dusk Stone until AFTER I finish the game!?), Zangoose, Marill, Magikarp and an Axew.

C-A
Page 91 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station