Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 8 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

In Persona 4....... Narukami just had a dream about Ebihara.... and he said it was surreal. If it was about Ebihara, I goddamnwel am sure it was surreal!

C-A

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

What is Persona like?
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

Scuttlebutt wrote:
What is Persona like?

XD Difficult Question.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Pierre wrote:
Scuttlebutt wrote:
What is Persona like?

XD Difficult Question.

I'm really curious, but get mixed reviews from people. xD
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

Scuttlebutt wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Scuttlebutt wrote:
What is Persona like?

XD Difficult Question.

I'm really curious, but get mixed reviews from people. xD

It's an RPG, you basically use mythological creatures (Personas) that represent your 'soul' to battle monsters set to some kind of plot.

Throughout the game you can form 'social links' with people, which basically just means you become friends with them. Each social link has it's own little plot arc and there's some nice memorable characters there. As a bonus, each social link corresponds to a certain kind of Persona which allows you to make stronger and stronger Personas to fight with the more you interact with people.

At least that's the case for Persona 3 and 4, Persona 1 and 2 ran on a very different system.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

The closer we get to the release of Conception 2, the more excited i get. This is one of the few very anime esque games i've seen on a Nintendo system and i really want to own some.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Scuttlebutt wrote:
What is Persona like?

The short answer... the openings are mindfucks that make no sense in terms of gameplay... the strangest I have seen was P2 Innocent Sin's PSP opening...

C-A

In Justice We Trust

Due to my parents not knowing I already had a copy, I wound up getting a second copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening for my birthday back in January. We agreed to see if my sister was interested when she visited last month. I had my doubts, considering that my memory is that she prefers more action-oriented games. Judging by some of her latest Facebook posts, though, she is enjoying it and has decided to go ahead and get some of the DLC (though I don't know for certain what went into her decision).

The one with the black avatar and name is my sister. Green and red are two of her friends. I don't think I need to specify who the person with my avatar and the blue name is.
I'll always love you, Max.

So, I have a technical question about my XBOX360 Arcade. I've had it for a few years now.

I have XIII-2 installed onto the hard drive to lower loading times and not have the 360 go "FHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" all the time cause it's annoying, I can't hear my own music being played. Up to now it worked, but since yesterday, after having not played XIII-2 for some time, I started it up from the My Games installed Menu.

But the disc doesn't stop spinning and the 360 doesn't quiet down.
Is this a problem or just the 360 taking longer than it should?
Cause I played for a few hours yesterday and it didn't quiet down at all.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
So, I have a technical question about my XBOX360 Arcade. I've had it for a few years now.

I have XIII-2 installed onto the hard drive to lower loading times and not have the 360 go "FHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" all the time cause it's annoying, I can't hear my own music being played. Up to now it worked, but since yesterday, after having not played XIII-2 for some time, I started it up from the My Games installed Menu.

But the disc doesn't stop spinning and the 360 doesn't quiet down.
Is this a problem or just the 360 taking longer than it should?
Cause I played for a few hours yesterday and it didn't quiet down at all.

C-A

Might just be age, these consoles are designed to wear down and break with time after all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No! Don't you dare die on me, you bitch, I don't have the money to buy a new one! :sadshoe:

EDIT

Actually, I think I realize the problem... I didn't have it installed. I know I had it installed once, but I probably uninstalled it over a year ago, cause I wasn't playing XIII-2 a lot and wanted some space on my hard drive... *sigh* That's most likely it. I thought the 360 was breaking down.

C-A

I love playing Corpse Party because of how descriptive it is with the brutal deaths that you can actually form a image on how horrible and painful it is while using sound effects perfectly.

This trailer for most of the songs in Project Diva F 2nd does what it should do. Makes me want to get the game! I'm just horrified that Hatsune Miku's Singing Passion is in there again... the only song I had such trouble with.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
This trailer for most of the songs in Project Diva F 2nd does what it should do. Makes me want to get the game! I'm just horrified that Hatsune Miku's Singing Passion is in there again... the only song I had such trouble with.

C-A

That trailer made my fingers cry.

That looks way harder than PDF and I haven't even beat all the songs on that on Hard yet...

I finished all the songs on Hard in Project Diva 2nd... Hatsune Miku's Singing Passion took me multiple tries. Stupid long-ass O button sequence. I tried games on Extreme but I got too confused. And I'm generally okay at Rhythm Games. I do want to get Project Diva F before getting F 2nd... but since both are out, I'm not sure...

C-A

I'm having some serious nostalgia issues at the moment and the only thing I really want to play is Vanilla World of Warcraft, but that's just not possible.

I'd just like to say... while I was thinking up scripts for my reviews of Knight of Ratatosk/Dawn of the new World and FF XIII-2, I noticed that my complaints for both games are very, very similar to the point of being identical. Boring new characters in the main slot. Old characters are made one-dimensional and shoved to the side. Monster system implemented to prevent usages of Old characters. (In Ratatosk's case, they even got nerfed so they would be useless) Weak story that makes no sense. Rather anti-climactic ending. (While I like XIII-2's ending and Ratatosk has a similar "bad" ending, said bad ending does not count as an ending, but more as a long-scene game over) Very short plot game. (9 Hrs for XIII-2, 12 Hrs for Ratatosk, both very unacceptable for RPGs, especially XIII-2, where that time included majority of the sidequests) Side Content seems more important.

Seriously, it feels like XIII-2 took Knight of Ratatosk and gave it an FF painting.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

So is anybody here gonna buy Mario kart 8?
God that game looks beautiful.

Fate Testarossa

I probably am. It looks like fun, plus dat deal.

Fate is made by クロス

Gettin' Old!

kwando1313 wrote:

Wait what deal? I'm planning on it but I don't know of any deal.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Eh.... I honestly haven't seen anything of it yet. I might buy the one for the Wii, though... the 3DS version of 7 doesn't seem that great.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Eh.... I honestly haven't seen anything of it yet. I might buy the one for the Wii, though... the 3DS version of 7 doesn't seem that great.

C-A

Yeah Mario kart 7 i thought was a terrible game, it ony got good when you have a few friends in the same room for the novelty of screwing them over.

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

C-A

Yeah Mario kart 7 i thought was a terrible game, it ony got good when you have a few friends in the same room for the novelty of screwing them over.

Really? I thought 7 was a fine game, some nice tracks and nice music. Played well and was generally kinda fun. Definitely didn't seem sub-par for Mario Kart.

Though the only truly AWESOME Mario Kart I've played is Double Dash.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I found Double Dash to be meh... as for 3DS Mario Kart 7, well, I dunno... did they add anything except some feels-rushed-in hang-glider parts?

C-A

Fate Testarossa

Pierre wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

Wait what deal? I'm planning on it but I don't know of any deal.

I know in NA they have this deal that if you buy a copy of MK8, you get a choice of one of 4 games (Pikmin 3, Wii Party, New Super Mario Bros. U or Wind Waker HD) for free if you register within the first 30 days.

IIRC, Europe has a similar deal, but I'm not sure which games are available...

Also, yes, <3 Double Dash. Bob-omb battle for best battle mode.

Fate is made by クロス

CatMuto wrote:
I found Double Dash to be meh... as for 3DS Mario Kart 7, well, I dunno... did they add anything except some feels-rushed-in hang-glider parts?

C-A

Double Dash was the awesomest mario kart ever! Its especially so much fun when you play it with alot of your friends.

The Chocolateholic of CR

General Luigi wrote:
Due to my parents not knowing I already had a copy, I wound up getting a second copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening for my birthday back in January. We agreed to see if my sister was interested when she visited last month. I had my doubts, considering that my memory is that she prefers more action-oriented games. Judging by some of her latest Facebook posts, though, she is enjoying it and has decided to go ahead and get some of the DLC (though I don't know for certain what went into her decision).

The one with the black avatar and name is my sister. Green and red are two of her friends. I don't think I need to specify who the person with my avatar and the blue name is.

I laughed at this.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

High level play

Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Double Dash was the awesomest mario kart ever! Its especially so much fun when you play it with alot of your friends.

I also like Double Dash the best, but for a very subjective reason. My brother always beat me with Mario Kart for the SNES, but that all changed with Double Dash for gamecube since I played it more. So after years of bitter defeat I could create some sweet revenge.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Ishimaru Kiyotaka wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I also like Double Dash the best, but for a very subjective reason. My brother always beat me with Mario Kart for the SNES, but that all changed with Double Dash for gamecube since I played it more. So after years of bitter defeat I could create some sweet revenge.

Double Dash was excellent because of UNIQUE POWER UPS. I love it when they put in little things to make character choices somewhat different, my friend for example would just go the Babies and hold out for that Chain Chomp one and it was hilarious.

Also Cat, you've not played Mario Kart 7 so you might not wanna pass judgements on how things 'feel' in a game where you've not played it. The Hang glider sections were fine and could totally let you get an advantage if you played it right.

Kwando wrote:
I know in NA they have this deal that if you buy a copy of MK8, you get a choice of one of 4 games (Pikmin 3, Wii Party, New Super Mario Bros. U or Wind Waker HD) for free if you register within the first 30 days.

That sounds like an utterly amazing deal, I should definitely look it up.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Pierre wrote:
Kwando wrote:

I believe it only works if you're part of Club Nintendo, but it's just as simple as registering. You get a free digital download of select games as long as you register Mario Kart 8 by July 31. You guys in the UK are lucky because you get to choose from 10 as opposed to our 4. The games Kwando mentioned are available to you guys as well, but from the games I remember, you also get to choose from Nintendoland, Game and Wario, Sonic: Lost Worlds, The Wonderful 101... and I forget the other two, but it's a pretty sweet deal. Convinced me to want to purchase MK8 right away as I've always wanted to try out the Pikmin series myself.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The Chocolateholic of CR

I just love how in games there will always be that ONE character..... THAT ONE FUCKING CHARACTER, that will be a ROYAL PAIN in the ASS and will boss you the fuck around or just annoy the living shit out of ya..... Like Navi in LoZ OOT or like Prince Charmless *ahem* I mean Prince Charmles in Dragon Quest 8.... Fucking fat boy scared of lizards and a huge immature prick, I just want to kick his ass LITERALLY.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Kwando wrote:

I believe it only works if you're part of Club Nintendo, but it's just as simple as registering. You get a free digital download of select games as long as you register Mario Kart 8 by July 31. You guys in the UK are lucky because you get to choose from 10 as opposed to our 4. The games Kwando mentioned are available to you guys as well, but from the games I remember, you also get to choose from Nintendoland, Game and Wario, Sonic: Lost Worlds, The Wonderful 101... and I forget the other two, but it's a pretty sweet deal. Convinced me to want to purchase MK8 right away as I've always wanted to try out the Pikmin series myself.

Damn I just bought Sonic Lost Worlds. I guess my choice is between pikmin or new super Mario Bros U. Monster hunter is great but I already own the 3ds version.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I suggest Pikmin. Super Mario Bros U is basically Super Mario Bros.... on the WiiU.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I suggest Pikmin. Super Mario Bros U is basically Super Mario Bros.... on the WiiU.

C-A

Well if Pikmin isn't Pikmin on the Wii-U then I guess I don't see a point in getting that game. If I got Pikmin 3 I'd want more Pikmin. If I get Super Mario Bros Wii U I'm looking for Super Mario Bros. I'm not wanting Innovative Super Plumbing Simulator 2014 (with Mario).

Honestly you know what really grinds my gears when gamers put down a franchise for doing things that are associated with that franchise I just think it's ridiculous. I like Mario, I go to Mario for fun 2D platforming action, and awesome 3D games and general high quality. I'm not expecting some kind of legendary new experience that'll open my eyes to a new world of gaming, Mario's already done that over the years, I'm looking for a Mario game.

If people are so tired that "It's a Mario game" is automatically a negative adjective to them? That's their opinion but it doesn't fly with me, the game should be judged on it's own merits and not so much on what came before it. If you buy a bunch of grapes (or other food you really like) and eat 9 of them do you stop and think "Well what if the 10th grape doesn't add anything new to my tastebuds?". No you enjoy the grape for it's own taste and merits.

I FREAKING LOVE GRAPES. Mario Games too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm just saying that nothing I have seen from the Mario games in the past five or more years seems that different. It's the same platforming, just switched from 2D to 3D, and with different skins for your moveable character. Then again, if you were to ask between Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U, I'd say you can buy either since there's barely any difference except that in Luigi U... you control Luigi. *shrug*
I know people may say that with a franchise you should expect something specific from them... and I agree a bit. If I play a Harvest Moon game, I expect farming to be a focal point. But I also expect something new from it, something next to the farming or something innovative about the farming that I can explore.

It's like Yoshida said that he tries to make FF games like that one bridge scene from FF I and if he manages that, he feels like he hit the nostalgic Final Fantasy essence. And while that is a cute idea, not every player goes for nostalgia like a hungry wolf for some meat. Nostalgia is nice, but it clouds a person's judgement and, really, if I buy a new FF (or any other franchise) game, I want to feel like I'm playing a NEW game to explore. Not one that I've played 15 years ago.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I'm just saying that nothing I have seen from the Mario games in the past five or more years seems that different. It's the same platforming, just switched from 2D to 3D, and with different skins for your moveable character. Then again, if you were to ask between Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U, I'd say you can buy either since there's barely any difference except that in Luigi U... you control Luigi. *shrug*
I know people may say that with a franchise you should expect something specific from them... and I agree a bit. If I play a Harvest Moon game, I expect farming to be a focal point. But I also expect something new from it, something next to the farming or something innovative about the farming that I can explore.

It's like Yoshida said that he tries to make FF games like that one bridge scene from FF I and if he manages that, he feels like he hit the nostalgic Final Fantasy essence. And while that is a cute idea, not every player goes for nostalgia like a hungry wolf for some meat. Nostalgia is nice, but it clouds a person's judgement and, really, if I buy a new FF (or any other franchise) game, I want to feel like I'm playing a NEW game to explore. Not one that I've played 15 years ago.

C-A

I wasn't even talking about Nostalgia, Nostalgia only kicks in when you play old games, you don't buy new games for Nostalgia's sake. New Mario Games do innovate in new ways with each rendition adding more powerups and new tricks for Mario or the cast to be able to do. Super Mario World 2 gave unique parameters to the other cast members that defined the abilities of Mario and his friends for years to come. Other Mario games taught him how to slide down hills to wipe out foes, fly and wall jump.

Mario has done all the 'slight innovations and changes' you say for Harvest Moon it's just people tend to overlook these. Innovation is overrated, and people put such a massive emphasis on it these days, probably due to the advent of clever innovative Indie Games hitting the market en masse. Though I'll bet you if Mario tried to do something crazy different to match the Indie games, it would never sell well and people would just say "Stick to what you're good at Mario".

Course this is all just estimations, bottom line it's down to expectations and fulfillment of them.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

That's my expectation.

Edit: Some additional reading for folks more interested on the topic of innovation and video games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Anthony wrote:
I just love how in games there will always be that ONE character..... THAT ONE FUCKING CHARACTER, that will be a ROYAL PAIN in the ASS and will boss you the fuck around or just annoy the living shit out of ya..... Like Navi in LoZ OOT or like Prince Charmless *ahem* I mean Prince Charmles in Dragon Quest 8.... Fucking fat boy scared of lizards and a huge immature prick, I just want to kick his ass LITERALLY.

Spoiler: DQ VIII Ending spoilers
He gets what's coming to him in the end. He's set to marry Medea, but she runs off with the hero instead, and when Charmles bitches about it, his father just throws a (sadly unvoiced) The Reason You Suck Speech in his face.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I'll say straight up that I prefer Mario Wii U over Mario Wii. I like the addition of the different Yoshis, I like the squirrel suit, and I have fun with the platforming. Is it the same thing? Pretty much, but the little changes make it more fun for me. If you want to get technical, Mario Bros. 3 was just Super Mario Bros. with more power ups and levels. Mario World was Mario Bros. 3 with different power ups and Yoshi. The game meets my expectations. It's a 2-D Mario, I'm expecting a 2-D Mario platformer. If you want to get brutally honest, most of your franchises aren't going to change their core game play either, just like Mario. Look at things such as Zelda. Skyward Sword has the same core gameplay as Ocarina of Time. Just new items and gimmicky controls. But, it's a Zelda game, it's what I expect, and the same thing with Mario.

Now I admit, New Super Mario Bros. 2 felt like a bit of a stretch to me because they didn't do enough to really make it any better. All that was different were COINS. The levels didn't feel that innovative.

From what I've seen from Super Luigi U., it's a game of it's own. Completely different physics than the other games, MUCH more challenging levels, especially if you're going for all the coins, and it's definitely something I can't see casual players getting into on their first go. Honestly, I'm glad they put something in there like that.

I will say though, if I'm looking for more innovation in Mario, I'm looking at the 3-D games. From what they've done with Mario in the past, I have more expectations than I would from a 2-D Mario. Doesn't mean I'll have more or less fun because of it.

Basically to me, it all boils down to this. Whether a game is the same or different from a previous game in the series is irrelevant to me. As long as I have fun with the game, that's all that matters to me.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
I'll say straight up that I prefer Mario Wii U over Mario Wii. I like the addition of the different Yoshis, I like the squirrel suit, and I have fun with the platforming. Is it the same thing? Pretty much, but the little changes make it more fun for me. If you want to get technical, Mario Bros. 3 was just Super Mario Bros. with more power ups and levels. Mario World was Mario Bros. 3 with different power ups and Yoshi. The game meets my expectations. It's a 2-D Mario, I'm expecting a 2-D Mario platformer. If you want to get brutally honest, most of your franchises aren't going to change their core game play either, just like Mario. Look at things such as Zelda. Skyward Sword has the same core gameplay as Ocarina of Time. Just new items and gimmicky controls. But, it's a Zelda game, it's what I expect, and the same thing with Mario.

Now I admit, New Super Mario Bros. 2 felt like a bit of a stretch to me because they didn't do enough to really make it any better. All that was different were COINS. The levels didn't feel that innovative.

From what I've seen from Super Luigi U., it's a game of it's own. Completely different physics than the other games, MUCH more challenging levels, especially if you're going for all the coins, and it's definitely something I can't see casual players getting into on their first go. Honestly, I'm glad they put something in there like that.

I will say though, if I'm looking for more innovation in Mario, I'm looking at the 3-D games. From what they've done with Mario in the past, I have more expectations than I would from a 2-D Mario. Doesn't mean I'll have more or less fun because of it.

Basically to me, it all boils down to this. Whether a game is the same or different from a previous game in the series is irrelevant to me. As long as I have fun with the game, that's all that matters to me.

Gamers should hang this on their wall as a plaque.

To elaborate, Super Luigi U is there for folks who want some hardcore difficulty. Luigi physics are added (meaning he has a floaty jump and poor grip on land), the levels are harder and you are given 100 seconds per level (for reference this is the point in a normal Mario game where the timer warns you to Hurry up!).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
(for reference this is the point in a normal Mario game where the timer warns you to Hurry up!).

Yeah and unless you bum around on purpose, you can still finish all the levels just fine. They aren't that overly challenging.

C-A
Page 8 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station