Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 89 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Magical melody on the Wii.

That game brings back a lot of good memories (and a few not-so-good ones). [grumble]Blasted Lake Mine...[/grumble]
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Just finished Uncharted 4.

Man it's so good to see a series get wrapped up well for once. The ending is gold.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Danksgiving

CatMuto wrote:
I remembered wrong. It's +Speed but -SpAtk.
So Espeon is immediately out of it, because I recall Psychic being mostly Special attacks. Ditto Fairy, though I don't feel like having a Sylveon. I love it, but I want something I usually don't get. (ie. Something I get easily, like Flareon or Jolteon, since you easily gain access to Fire and Thunder Stones before/at the 2nd Gym)

C-A

leafeon's the only one that would benefit with that nature. flareon and umbreon wouldnt be hindered by it and every other eeveelution needs special attack

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I'd personally go with Umbreon as Leafeon and Flareon aren't exactly something to write home about.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:
Mister Gruel wrote:
if its +SpD -Speed then evolve it into Vaporeon

if its +Speed -SpD then evolve it into Jolteon

I remembered wrong. It's +Speed but -SpAtk.
So Espeon is immediately out of it, because I recall Psychic being mostly Special attacks. Ditto Fairy, though I don't feel like having a Sylveon. I love it, but I want something I usually don't get. (ie. Something I get easily, like Flareon or Jolteon, since you easily gain access to Fire and Thunder Stones before/at the 2nd Gym)

C-A

Jolteon's the fastest, but has the same problem as Espeon in that its Special Attack is worlds better than its Attack and relies heavily on Special attacks. Espeon's the second fastest (and my personal favorite), but you've already explained why you won't bother with Espeon. After that is Leafeon, who is a physical attacker, but my memory is that the Moss Rock necessary for evolving Eevee into Leafeon is inaccessible until you have seven badges and Team Flare has been defeated. The remaining Eeveelutions have the same Speed (except Sylveon, who's the slowest). Umbreon and Leafeon are tied for the worst Special Attack, though Umbreon's Speed is abysmal compared to that of Espeon, Jolteon, and Leafeon.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Magical melody on the Wii.

Oh, I love Magical Melody! But on the Gamecube. I was so furious to learn that the Wii took out the option to play as a girl - rendering HALF of the love interests pointless. Thankfully, at that point, I was already playing the Gamecube version, so all's well.

Quote:
That game brings back a lot of good memories (and a few not-so-good ones). [grumble]Blasted Lake Mine...[/grumble]

The Lake Mine was annoying? I guess so, since you required 3 tools to 'fully' do things, compared to the other mine only requiring two. And the need for stairs on Level 10...

Quote:
I'd personally go with Umbreon as Leafeon and Flareon aren't exactly something to write home about.

A Wondertrade ended up giving me Vulpix, so Flareon is also out of question.

Quote:
Jolteon's the fastest, but has the same problem as Espeon in that its Special Attack is worlds better than its Attack and relies heavily on Special attacks. Espeon's the second fastest (and my personal favorite), but you've already explained why you won't bother with Espeon. After that is Leafeon, who is a physical attacker, but my memory is that the Moss Rock necessary for evolving Eevee into Leafeon is inaccessible until you have seven badges and Team Flare has been defeated. The remaining Eeveelutions have the same Speed (except Sylveon, who's the slowest). Umbreon and Leafeon are tied for the worst Special Attack, though Umbreon's Speed is abysmal compared to that of Espeon, Jolteon, and Leafeon.

Correct. While I would LOVE to have a Leafeon or a Glaceon, the locations to evolve them are so far into the game, I tend to lose interest playing by that point. (Seriously, I've made it past Gym 7 the furthest last and gave up. I'm sorry, but I just don't CARE about Team Flare and its shenanigans! Force me to do that shit AFTER I get 8 Badges.) This is why I prefer Evolution Stones. Tend to be available much sooner and easier to get. Much faster.

As mentioned, I got a Vulpix, so no Flareon, either. I'm trying to go for Umbreon now. Downside with traded Pokémon, they get so much EXP, they quickly overlevel - even more than your own Pokémon. My Eevee is Level 20, same as the wild ones next to Cyllage City. FUCK everything between Lumiose City and Cyllage City, it's pointless. Maybe the Glittering Cave for Team Flare, but their introduction is so badly done, you remember nothing but their suits. (At least Plasma immediately gave their agenda: Liberate Pokémon.)

C-A

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:
The Lake Mine was annoying? I guess so, since you required 3 tools to 'fully' do things, compared to the other mine only requiring two. And the need for stairs on Level 10...

My frustration with that mine was more so because of a lot of rotten luck than anything else. The fact that it's inaccessible in three seasons doesn't help, either. I kept hitting updrafts in the deeper levels. Most of my attempts to reach the bottom resulted in me giving up. I only reached the Underground Lake once--and it was really late at that point. I hooked the Jamasquid, but the game's clock hit 6:00 AM before I could land it, instantly teleporting me back home without the Jamasquid.

General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

My frustration with that mine was more so because of a lot of rotten luck than anything else. The fact that it's inaccessible in three seasons doesn't help, either. I kept hitting updrafts in the deeper levels. Most of my attempts to reach the bottom resulted in me giving up. I only reached the Underground Lake once--and it was really late at that point. I hooked the Jamasquid, but the game's clock hit 6:00 AM before I could land it, instantly teleporting me back home without the Jamasquid.

True, the home teleportation is a minor inconvenience. It not being accessible doesn't bug me too much, it's kind of a staple in the series... at times. But yeah, there is a much higher chance of updrafts on low levels instead of falling down the cracks. One reason why, upon reaching Level ~90 in either mine, I preferred to go for the stairs. Which are thankfully easy enough to find with a minor 'trick'.

I recall one time, I was trying my best to reach Level 100 in the regular mine early on and was getting frantic, because it was past 5 AM and I was really close. I got to Level 100 at 5:50 AM and got the note. And a few seconds later, was teleported back home cause it turned 6 AM. Got the Nightowl Note, too.

Now, I have access to cheat codes, which allow me to stop or restart time. Makes going down the mines much less infuriating. Still boring, but not as time consuming. (Just gotta remember to turn the time back on BEFORE reaching Level 100)

C-A

In Justice We Trust

I actually went for the stairs in deeper levels. Sometimes I wasn't in a position to do that, though; my only option was to step on a crack. I didn't know any tricks for locating the stairs at the time, though.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

A Wondertrade ended up giving me Vulpix, so Flareon is also out of question.

Quote:

Correct. While I would LOVE to have a Leafeon or a Glaceon, the locations to evolve them are so far into the game, I tend to lose interest playing by that point. (Seriously, I've made it past Gym 7 the furthest last and gave up. I'm sorry, but I just don't CARE about Team Flare and its shenanigans! Force me to do that shit AFTER I get 8 Badges.) This is why I prefer Evolution Stones. Tend to be available much sooner and easier to get. Much faster.

As mentioned, I got a Vulpix, so no Flareon, either. I'm trying to go for Umbreon now. Downside with traded Pokémon, they get so much EXP, they quickly overlevel - even more than your own Pokémon. My Eevee is Level 20, same as the wild ones next to Cyllage City. FUCK everything between Lumiose City and Cyllage City, it's pointless. Maybe the Glittering Cave for Team Flare, but their introduction is so badly done, you remember nothing but their suits. (At least Plasma immediately gave their agenda: Liberate Pokémon.)

C-A

TBH if this is just for the main game and you're not going to EV train it anyway, the nature shouldn't matter a whole lot, just go with whatever you want

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
TBH if this is just for the main game and you're not going to EV train it anyway, the nature shouldn't matter a whole lot, just go with whatever you want

Well, you gain EVs over the course of playing, anyway. I'm not big on competitive, so I'm not one that thinks "MUST have perfect IVs and EVs and OVs and other Vs". I just play the game. But I do try to pay a bit attention to the nature. (Incidentally, my initial team ALL had -Attack natures...)

I did get my Umbreon, though. It was close to mid-20s and I figured, since it had been with me for a while and in the front of my party, too, I figured it must be close to evolving, anyway. So, playing after midnight, I got it after one or two battles. I also have my Ninetales now and, as per usual, lost a Pokémon fighting Grant. It was a Joltik.

I feel so bad for defeating Kengeskhans, though! When they faint, you can see the little one hugging its mom! I feel so terrible! :larry:

I am thinking of maybe breeding, just to give back to players online for my Wonderlockes. I will fill the masses with Eevees and Eeveelutions

C-A

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:
I also have my Ninetales now

I really need to remember to catch a Vulpix at some point in a future game. Ninetales is such a beautiful Pokémon...

Gardevoir lover

Started playing GTA vice city stories.

Pretty sure my brother's copy of this game is broken because it sometimes crashes. Though he did buy it at a Thrift shop so i guess that's to be expected.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
I also have my Ninetales now

I really need to remember to catch a Vulpix at some point in a future game. Ninetales is such a beautiful Pokémon...

Yeah. I also have a Gardevoir. I'm not one to sexualize Pokémon (it's just... not... my cup of tea), but I do like the beautiful ones. Or super cute ones.

But with my battle against Korrina, I lost my Fletchinder - my ONLY flying type Pokémon! Urgh, they seem to be cursed with me, they never seem to really make it to Ramos' gym anymore. (WHY are majority of them Normal/Flying?! Including Staravia, which is caught before Reflection Cave? Make it Dark/Flying, like Neo X/Y did.) I also lost my Gabite... I still have my Rhyhorn for Ground and I got a Sandshrew, so I still have something for the Electricity gym, but still... Kinda wish Rhyhorn would evolve already.

C-A

Danksgiving

The Starly line is Normal/Flying because, well, it's just a bird. But even so, Dark/Flying doesn't really make sense for the Starly line if you think about it. The only STAB you'd get is in Pursuit and Thief, both of which aren't the best moves. Fighting/Flying makes more sense as Staraptor would get STAB Close Combat.

But Staraptor and Staravia are dark colors - hence they need to be dark type. Besides, we already have Fighting/Flying with Hawlucha. Just give us a few more non-Normal/Bird type.

Anyway, since I like Fly but none of my wondertrades gave me a flying type again after Fletchling, I caught a second encounter in Azure Bay. A Wingull. I don't like Wingull, but it's just a flying slave, since it is not part of the Wonderlocke rules.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

Started playing Pokemon Soul Silver, i'm about to beat Falkner with a team of two.

Vector the Totodile LV 10
Thomas the Pidgey LV 15

...This guys gun die.

Danksgiving

CatMuto wrote:
But Staraptor and Staravia are dark colors - hence they need to be dark type.

excellent counterargument, the grey and white birds, two colors commonly associated with the Normal type, should be the dark type

what was i thinking, making them a type that would benefit the the line

Quote:
Besides, we already have Fighting/Flying with Hawlucha.

And we already have twice as many Flying/Dark types with the Murkrow line, the Vullaby line and Yveltal if you count legendaries.

Gardevoir lover

At this point i feel like Nintendo should make an "MGS ground zeroes" type game for Zelda U just so people would stop complaining.

I've felt worse.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
At this point i feel like Nintendo should make an "MGS ground zeroes" type game for Zelda U just so people would stop complaining.

I'm pretty sure if they did that, we'd hear no end to "ahhh nintendo is selling out and making us pay for an hour long demo that i completed in six minutes nintendo has failed as a company."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Danksgiving

relevant to conversation

Mister Gruel wrote:

Utterly brilliant :acro:
Sig.

Gardevoir lover

sumguy28 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

I'm pretty sure if they did that, we'd hear no end to "ahhh nintendo is selling out and making us pay for an hour long demo that i completed in six minutes nintendo has failed as a company."

Obviously Nintendo wouldn't put it at 60 dollars they're not THAT stupid.

But at this point i'm sure Zelda fans will take anything considering we haven't heard anything of this game other that it exists.

I've felt worse.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

Obviously Nintendo wouldn't put it at 60 dollars they're not THAT stupid.

But at this point i'm sure Zelda fans will take anything considering we haven't heard anything of this game other that it exists.

Ground Zeroes was $30 and we still complained. :P
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Mister Gruel wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
But Staraptor and Staravia are dark colors - hence they need to be dark type.

excellent counterargument, the grey and white birds, two colors commonly associated with the Normal type, should be the dark type

I forgot to add the orange sarcasm color.

Got the fifth Badge and lost my Rhyhorn, which was only a level or two away of becoming a Rhydon. Seriously, one of Clement's Pokémon has Grass Knot!? Either way, I already have Rhydon in the Pokédex, cause the Battle Chateau cheats and gives a guy a Level 25 Rhydon. Urgh.

But I'm once again close to restarting, cause this is the part where I get bored.

C-A

Danksgiving

Quote:
I forgot to add the orange sarcasm color.

welp, that's pretty embarrassing on my part, to be honest :payne:

Gardevoir lover

I'm at Azalea town in Pokemon Soul silver, i haven't added a new team member but my Totodile evolved into Croconaw so that's a plus!

Gettin' Old!

Man Overwatch sure makes a pretty good animated short.

It almost seems appalling there's no story in the game to go with these nice arcs they have.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:

I've been keeping my eye on that game ever since Extra Credits did that video on Tracer's victory pose. I'm definitely liking the cast, but I'm waiting for more feedback on gameplay.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I've been keeping my eye on that game ever since Extra Credits did that video on Tracer's victory pose. I'm definitely liking the cast, but I'm waiting for more feedback on gameplay.

Gameplay from my understanding is like a Quirkier Team Fortress 2 with more distinct characters and outlandish powers. Which probably isn't a bad thing...but if you are going to tease all this neat plot in the background and I know there's going to be nothing to develop in game it's got me at odds with it.

Like I'd watch a whole film about those two Dragon Brothers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In my Y Nuzlocke, I'm trying to get a team together of Pokémon I generally do not use - which is difficult, of course, cause of Nuzlocke encounter rules. I'm on Route 8 and I have only five team members up to now. Why? Cause most of my encounters, I decided to not go for, because I've had them so many times. I do not want to use Bunnelby again. Why can't Route 5 give me Furfrou instead? The only encounter that I failed up to now was Snorlax and that was cause it refused to go into a Pokéball, despite Leech Seed killing it next turn.

C-A

In Justice We Trust

Recently, I've been following updates on Tyranny, a game being worked on by Paradox and Obsidian. From the looks of things, it's an RPG set in a universe in which the epic battle between good and evil ended with evil winning. The player character serves the Big Bad as a judge of sorts (though I'm oversimplifying the role). The game's concept definitely interests me. The player character's apparent role reminds me of a line from Order of the Stick:

"Do they think crushing an entire civilization beneath our heels 'just happens'? It's all fun and games for them, but I'm the one who has to make the magical lightning-powered trains run on time."

Regarding Overwatch, Pierre wrote:
Gameplay from my understanding is like a Quirkier Team Fortress 2 with more distinct characters and outlandish powers. Which probably isn't a bad thing...but if you are going to tease all this neat plot in the background and I know there's going to be nothing to develop in game it's got me at odds with it.

Like I'd watch a whole film about those two Dragon Brothers.

Agreed. I'd probably buy the game immediately if Blizzard introduced a proper "story mode."

Gardevoir lover

Just made it to Olivine city in Soul Silver.

Got myself 4 team members at level 25. Added an Eevee, unfortunately it's friendship hasn't maxed out.

I've felt worse.

Decided to finish up Valkyria Chronicles, had Alicia climb a ladder behind the enemy's base, now she's trapped in the void.
I can end move, end turn, select her again, still in the void. I am so keeping an extra save file just for this.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Decided to finish up Valkyria Chronicles, had Alicia climb a ladder behind the enemy's base, now she's trapped in the void.
I can end move, end turn, select her again, still in the void. I am so keeping an extra save file just for this.

Man I always knew Alicia was OP but I didn't know she could bend spacetime.

Urgh the ending of Valkyria Chronicles annoys me so much. Makes me want to shoot the main cast for War Crimes and Negligence.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Man I always knew Alicia was OP but I didn't know she could bend spacetime.

Urgh the ending of Valkyria Chronicles annoys me so much. Makes me want to shoot the main cast for War Crimes and Negligence.

So OP that she thinks that she can just leave and throw my entire strategy out the window. Yeah, I'm still at Chapter 15 (no thanks to her) and apparently there's still more after this, but considering the WWII parallels, I'm guessing the ending has something to do with
Spoiler:
this world's version of nukes. Or that giant tank in the second shot of the opening. Or both.

The man for your trials!

Been trying to play Sonic Adventure 2 on Steam, but the Chao Garden crashes, and nothing I've tried seems to fix it, from removing mods, to starting a new save, to uninstalling and reinstalling the game(Including deleting the install folder, backing up my save file, of course).:grey: Can't find anything relating to it on Google either, no matter how I word the search.:larry:

迷探偵

Having finished Glass Rose (PS2) last week, and another pre-CinG Rika Suzuki adventure, I really feel like going through all of CiNG's adventures again. Well, except for Again. Last Window in particular has been waiting quite long for a replay session (only played it once, when it was originally released back early in 2010).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I went and (somewhat spontaneously) bought Story of Seasons' European version. I still had enough money from catsitting and will have money coming in soon, so I felt it was okay to spend money. I know that I'll miss out on things - like the Miniwitch and Minigoddess not speaking with their accents, I am limited in names cause I only have 6 letters and not 6 hiragana/katakana - but I think it's overall gonna be same as my Japanese version.

C-A

Pokémon. This stuff is fucking addictive, lol. It should be seen as something almost as dangerous as cigarettes. You just want to catch more, more, and more. See all of them grow. I think I'm past 100 hours of gameplay now.
Page 89 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station