Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Detective Pikachu ~ Birth of a New Duo ~Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

No idea where to put this. Or what the heck Nintendo was smoking.

https://youtu.be/Y9j9RWkPstc

It's official. Sherlock Holmes has been Pika-fied.

More details & screenshots on http://serebii.net/
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Detective Pikachu ~ Birth of a New Duo ~Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

I'm so hyyyyype. Detectives, pokemon, and a sexy man-voice? yes yes and yes.

It's kind of weird that they've been working on this for 3 years and didn't reveal it until right before release... but I'd probably explode if I had to wait any longer than I already do, so oh well.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gardevoir lover

This looks pretty good.
That guy who is presumably Pikachu's trainer, he reminds me of somebody but i have no idea who.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

迷探偵

Bought and pre-loaded it yesterday. Can't wait!

The voice actor is this person by the way. The usual voice actress of Pikachu also does Mitsuhiko from Detective Conan, so everybody was expecting something more like him, actually ^^'
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

I hope they have Noir DLC where Pikachu is a smoking alcoholic fedora-and-trenchcoat toting badass chasing down perps with quick attack and guns.

Also Det. Pikachu is talking to a normal Pikachu....what?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
I hope they have Noir DLC where Pikachu is a smoking alcoholic fedora-and-trenchcoat toting badass chasing down perps with quick attack and guns.

I want my hardboiled fedora wearin P.I. Pikachu goddamn it.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Localised name suggestions:

P.I. Chu (bonus points if a villain curses Pikachu akin to how Pikachu declares his attacks": CURSE YOU PPPPPPPP IIIIIII CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!")

Pokemon: Peek at you

Pokemon: Gumshoe Grey

Criminals: Gotta catchem all!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Danksgiving

>mfw i saw this

ASCEND

Mister Gruel wrote:
>mfw i saw this

That sums up everyone's thoughts about the game before the more recent announcements.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

迷探偵

People playing this? Was only able to play a little the last few days, but it's a very easy, but also very cute mystery game. The experience is a bit on-rails, but I'm having a good time.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
People playing this? Was only able to play a little the last few days, but it's a very easy, but also very cute mystery game. The experience is a bit on-rails, but I'm having a good time.

Very slowly. Once I saw there was a kana/kanji option, I didn't really expect the mysteries to be too hard xP But it's still well-made, fun to play through, and Pikachu is just as great as the trailers promised.

Gettin' Old!

Do they explain how he can speak?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I just saw this on Jwittz's YouTube Channel. This game seems alot like professer Layton, I quess I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000% Knight

Pierre wrote:
Do they explain how he can speak?

Not yet, although you're the only one who's able to understand him (and he's the only pokemon you can understand)

迷探偵

II just finished the game. I'll write a bit more in detail about the game later, but the ending is... really unsatisfying, as it ends rather abruptly with "To Be Continued" >_>

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
II just finished the game. I'll write a bit more in detail about the game later, but the ending is... really unsatisfying, as it ends rather abruptly with "To Be Continued" >_>

Tbh, I kind of expected something like that. I mean, the subtitle implied that they wanted to make more games too...

Of course, part of it also depends on the length of the game. I have no problem with episodic 3DS mystery adventure games (脱出アドベンチャー <3), but if they're too short... I'll just wait until it's on sale to buy the sequel(s).

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:

Tbh, I kind of expected something like that. I mean, the subtitle implied that they wanted to make more games too...

I too had expected this wouldn't be all, but I had expected (or hoped) that the game would be a bit longer (considering the price). I think I would've thought it less 'sudden' if the game had been an hour or so longer. Story-wise, it makes sense, but an extra section in the middle of the game would've made it a bit more...satisfying in terms of cost/performance.

It's a fun game though. It's a fairly orthodox mystery game: come across a mystery and find clues to solve said mystery (either physical evidence, or testimony). A "mystery" can be solved by answering questions (with the evidence you gathered). Nothing difficult though. It's fun how they used Pokemon as part of the mystery though, as they (obviously) function every differently from how 'normal' animals work in mystery fiction.

The mystery of the talking Pikachu isn't solved in this first game, but I think most people can make a fairly educated guess about him... ^_~ Again, this is not a difficult game. Pikachu is a fantastic character by the way: really funny.

Oh, the game reminded me a lot of Another Code R actually, because of the way the stages are designed (you mainly walk on a plane, so left-right). Well, Another Code R or Twilight Syndrome.
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station