Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 272 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Still playing through The Somnium Files. Got a new ending the other day though, think I'm about halfway done with the game now. Took enough time really.

Wooop! How ya finding it?

Fun enough. I've gotten 2 endings so far along with a plot lock. It's interesting, though it took a bit to grow on me. I'm enjoying it fairly well now though, I'm looking forward to see what comes next. Not sure if it'll quite live up to Uchikoshi's previous work though.

Rookie Killer

I just finished Persona 3 FES for the PS2 and it truly was a masterpiece. The characters were likeable and had a lot of depth (especially Junpei) and the story was amazing (especially the ending). If you like story-based games I'd recommend giving it a try. It can get quite depressing but it still has its happy/funny moments.

Gettin' Old!

Winston Payne wrote:
I just finished Persona 3 FES for the PS2 and it truly was a masterpiece. The characters were likeable and had a lot of depth (especially Junpei) and the story was amazing (especially the ending). If you like story-based games I'd recommend giving it a try. It can get quite depressing but it still has its happy/funny moments.

Hmm I got pretty annoyed at parts of the answer.

Spoiler: Persona 3 The Answer
For example, Yukari is a terrible person and continues to be. The fact the game doesn't let you pick sides here. I'd have given Metis in order to team up with Ken and Akihiko and beat the crap out of Yukari and Mitsuru for the stupid decisions they made.

Plus forcing me to be on my own with Metis was a real struggle because I'd not been using her! I had to go on an intense training regime using only two people in the dungeon to get her strong enough for the boss battles that followed.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

Winston Payne wrote:

Pierre wrote:

I get pretty annoyed just with Tartarus in the main game. And considering The Answer is pretty much more of that, that makes it even more annoying.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Last edited by Rehncohro on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie Killer

Pierre wrote:

Rehncohro wrote:
I get pretty annoyed just with Tartarus in the main game. And considering The Answer is pretty much more of that, that makes it even more annoying.

Yeah I've heard the Answer isn't the best so I've decided to take a break and play some other games (like DGS and Danganronpa V3) first.

What's a Court Records?

Winston Payne wrote:
Yeah I've heard the Answer isn't the best so I've decided to take a break and play some other games (like DGS and Danganronpa V3) first.

I think most Persona fans would just tell you to skip it or just watch a playthrough on YouTube because if I'm completely honest, I don't think it's worth playing through. I'd rather be playing 4 than any part of 3 though.

As for right now, I decided to go through and continue my playthroughs of some 3DS games I never finished: Yoshi's New Island, Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold, and a few others.
Why am I even here?

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Been playing FATE: Undiscovered Realms and Breath of the Wild a lot lately.
FATE can be really hard, and I've come to rely on magic and multi-use Healing Charms. And by magic, I mean the ability to summon six wolves to my side, which I LOVE because they are super-fast and stop enemies from killing me with their super-fast high-damage attacks. That setup allows me to grind for EXP and level up enough so I can get enough Strength to buy good defensive armour.

As for Breath of the Wild, I've been using the Menu Overloading trick to basically stop all of my weapons from breaking. You can thank Kleric for teaching me how. It's a good thing that Nintendo has all but abandoned this game in favour of its sequel, because having an Attack Up Royal Guard Weapon that actually lasts is definitely something to live for.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

eyyyy

I’m playing through Fire Emblem Three Houses! This is my first time playing it and I’m playing the Black Eagles route first, mainly because I liked their flag and thought Edelgard looked cool haha.

In Justice We Trust

Edelgard's route is easily my favorite and Edelgard herself ranks among my favorite characters.

As for myself, I've been playing Civilization VI lately. I just finished a game in which I just barely eked by with a score victory on a custom map. In the process, I noticed that there was an area of the map that still needed tweaking, as I normally make it so that rainforests are only on plains tiles, but I forgot to change many of the tiles the rainforests were on from grassland to plains. I also discovered some upsides to everyone spying on me (seriously, my agents captured or killed a spy roughly every other turn in the lategame). Depending on what I want from my rivals, I can either use their captured spies as leverage in getting good trade deals (the AI is usually quite willing to give me a luxury or three in exchange for the return of their spy) or use my grievances against them as an opening for me to do something they don't like (be that spreading my religion, digging up artifacts on their land, sending some spies of my own, or even outright war). The world doesn't like it when I pick fights, but if everyone knows that the person I'm fighting is a jerk, they're more willing to turn a blind eye to me giving my enemy what for.
I'll always love you, Max.

What's a Court Records?

I've been playing Last Window which I haven't played in a few years so it was nice to play it again and wow, is it hard in comparison to Hotel Dusk.

Oh, and I've been playing around with DRV3's Ultimate Talent Development Plan.
Why am I even here?

Rehncohro wrote:
I've been playing Last Window which I haven't played in a few years so it was nice to play it again and wow, is it hard in comparison to Hotel Dusk.

I'm playing Hotel Dusk for the first time right now. Only on the 2nd chapter and I already find it difficult lol, at least compared to games like AA and GT. Been knocking on doors for days.

Also playing Phantom Hourglass but I read some spoilers on how you have to visit a certain temple multiple times and I've... just given up... I don't want to deal with that anymore.

What's a Court Records?

milaza wrote:
Rehncohro wrote:

I'm playing Hotel Dusk for the first time right now. Only on the 2nd chapter and I already find it difficult lol, at least compared to games like AA and GT. Been knocking on doors for days.

Both games can be pretty easy to get stuck in but I'm experiencing the issue more with Last Window.
Why am I even here?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Need I say more?

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

Recently got a Switch Lite, so Super Mario Maker 2 and Shakedown: Hawaii.

The Real Human Being

Dicking around with my new solid state drive, Rust boots up finally.
Little too tilted to play it, might just keep playing the FF7 remake, still not a fan of the redesigns but they're going for something a bit more realistic (as far as aesthetics go) so I'm looking past it.
Also not a fan of all the shitters I keep playing against in smash, Nair spamming sword users who make every fight as tedious as possible.
I will never understand why people will play the same, safe, practiced strategy and do literally nothing else.
The second I realize their pattern it just becomes a boring game of simon says.

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
Dicking around with my new solid state drive, Rust boots up finally.
Little too tilted to play it, might just keep playing the FF7 remake, still not a fan of the redesigns but they're going for something a bit more realistic (as far as aesthetics go) so I'm looking past it.
Also not a fan of all the shitters I keep playing against in smash, Nair spamming sword users who make every fight as tedious as possible.
I will never understand why people will play the same, safe, practiced strategy and do literally nothing else.
The second I realize their pattern it just becomes a boring game of simon says.

It probably wins a whole lot is why! Don't call em "bread and butter" combos for nothing!

Still what redesigns are you talking about in FF7? If anything I'm kind of astonished at how similar they all are with most of the old characters looking pretty much as they do. Most significant change was Barret wears shades (but hilariously only during missions, like he thinks they hide his identity or something).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

Pierre wrote:
It probably wins a whole lot is why! Don't call em "bread and butter" combos for nothing!

Same logic cheaters have, THEIR objective is to win. I play games because I enjoy them.

Yes, nair spamming is cheating, sakurai put this in the game just to hurt me.

Pierre wrote:
Still what redesigns are you talking about in FF7? If anything I'm kind of astonished at how similar they all are with most of the old characters looking pretty much as they do. Most significant change was Barret wears shades (but hilariously only during missions, like he thinks they hide his identity or something).

My boy Barret used to be a unit He didn't need an undershirt, just a big metal belt. AND he used to dab when doing scan!
Also I wanted Tifa upskirts, damn puritans!

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Same logic cheaters have, THEIR objective is to win. I play games because I enjoy them.

Yes, nair spamming is cheating, sakurai put this in the game just to hurt me.

Pierre wrote:

My boy Barret used to be a unit He didn't need an undershirt, just a big metal belt. AND he used to dab when doing scan!
Also I wanted Tifa upskirts, damn puritans!

Ah I hadn't even noticed he'd gotten an undershirt! I think that was the only difference I'd noticed with Tifa as well. He's still hilariously oversized and goofy. There's a moment in the plot where Barret gives Tifa a hug and I almost cracked up at the size of his hands compared to everything on Tifa. Made it clear how he's still pretty cartoony all things considered.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've finished Hotel Dusk now, so I'm onto Last Window. The game was real good, but I got impatient and just ended up using a walkthrough whenever I got stuck... It didn't affect how enjoyable it was, so whatever.

As well, started playing King of Fighters '97, but fighting games are too complicated to understand... plus the controls suck on mobile.

What's a Court Records?

milaza wrote:
I've finished Hotel Dusk now, so I'm onto Last Window. The game was real good, but I got impatient and just ended up using a walkthrough whenever I got stuck... It didn't affect how enjoyable it was, so whatever.

Hope you're ready for tougher puzzles that'll have you use your system in ways Hotel Dusk didn't.
Why am I even here?

I'm having a ton of fun playing the Trials of Mana remake.
I am doing an LP of it, with Angela as my main character, and Duran and Kevin as the other team members. In terms of how far I am in terms of recorded videos, I have started on getting the last four Mana Stones. The uploaded videos are several videos behind - because uploading takes 12-16 hours right now...

I think I'll do a personal run with different characters, too.

In Justice We Trust

Still on Civilization VI mostly. I spotted a few more problems with my custom map, so I fixed them and am now testing it out again. I wound up in a different starting location this time around, with Hojo Tokimune as my neighbor. I expected there to eventually be trouble since he was showing signs of being on the way to founding a religion. In my experience, if my neighbor founds a religion, they will always try to convert my people. They never honor promises to stop converting them, either--assuming they even agree to knock it off in the first place. I pretty much always found a religion of my own, so I wasn't pleased when Tokimune founded a religion as I predicted. Oddly enough, though, he has yet to try to convert my people despite having had multiple opportunities to try. His proselytizers have passed through my territory on multiple occasions, but they never attempt to spread their religion, always instead making beelines for city-states or other civilizations. He even did this before we had made any formal declaration of friendship. I like to play a nice guy, so I'm certainly not complaining about my neighbor behaving this way. Time will tell whether or not he stabs me in the back later, though. Personally, I hope our friendship lasts.

Edit: [sigh] So much for having a good neighbor. I'd rather this not lead to war, but unless Tokimune stops trying to convert my people, I don't plan on renewing my alliance or declaration of friendship with him the next time it expires. As for whether or not war is in the future... that depends on whether or not he resumes being a good neighbor.

Last Window feels much smoother than Hotel Dusk which is nice, though I'm not huge on any of the characters yet... Can't say that I care about Hyde's family backstory either. I liked that Hotel Dusk had kinda an impersonal vibe (despite it being about Hyde chasing after someone from his past).

Rehncohro wrote:
Hope you're ready for tougher puzzles that'll have you use your system in ways Hotel Dusk didn't.

Hopefully those puzzles can still be passed without using a real DS...? I can't think of what else they could do when they already had a puzzle where you had to close your system.

If mobile games count for this thread, then I... have given up on KoF '97 and am playing the loser's KoF now, King of Fighters All Star. It's surprisingly fun for a non-rhythm gacha game and definitely far easier than the real games, though the story is quite contrived. Like, I don't see why the player has to be a 'computer glitch' who can transform into any character rather than, say, a manager for the fighters? It's funnier considering that King of Fighters For Girls (the card-collecting dating simulator; yeah, that's its actual name) has the player as a manager who cares for the male fighters.

Speaking of KOFG, I don't play it (and never will) but it's kind of interesting in a way? Who's idea was it to make a bunch of fighting game characters into an otome game anyway? But I get it... I get it. I think Ace Attorney as an otome game spinoff would be popular as well. People would pay so much for a collectable card where Simon Blackquill tells you he loves you. I understand.

What's a Court Records?

milaza wrote:
Hopefully those puzzles can still be passed without using a real DS...? I can't think of what else they could do when they already had a puzzle where you had to close your system.

I used my 3DS last time through but I can confirm it IS possible on an emulator.

As for what I've been playing, well my Discord friends and I tried doing some remote play with Sonic Mania and A Hat In Time. It was a blast.
Why am I even here?

Sleeping is my life.

Been playing more of Animal Crossing New Horizons. What else could I say on this?

bOIng!

Replaying the AA trilogy. Also, Stardew Valley and Cave Story.

High level play

CrayonKiddo wrote:

Outstanding choices, those should keep you busy for quite some time.

I've finally bought Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain since it was on sale. I've never been good at stealth elements in game so diving into this game feels really refreshing. In addition that the gameplay is really open to your own playstyle, with lots of toys and weapons to discover.

Only thing is that this is the first Metal Gear i've ever played or seen, so i'm not too familiar with the whole story. Within the game itself everything makes enough sense to follow along though. The only knowlegde I have of this game series is the stuff I've seen on Newgrounds back in the day.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
CrayonKiddo wrote:

Outstanding choices, those should keep you busy for quite some time.

I've finally bought Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain since it was on sale. I've never been good at stealth elements in game so diving into this game feels really refreshing. In addition that the gameplay is really open to your own playstyle, with lots of toys and weapons to discover.

Only thing is that this is the first Metal Gear i've ever played or seen, so i'm not too familiar with the whole story. Within the game itself everything makes enough sense to follow along though. The only knowlegde I have of this game series is the stuff I've seen on Newgrounds back in the day.

Wow you're like a case study XD Starting at the very final last game ever made.

It's very much unlike the other Metal Gear games. They have a terrible unfinished plot, weak character moments that are normally Metal Gear's strong suit.

But they dialled up the gameplay to the max and it plays really well.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Lately, I've been playing Twin Saga. Oh, and Little Busters. Been meaning to finish that one up for a while.
Why am I even here?

Rookie Killer

I've been playing Stein;Gate

I've felt worse.

lt only took me eight years and an entirely separate console release but I finally beat Kingdom Hearts I Sephiroth. And as satisfying as that was, the postgame grind suuuucked. "Second Chance is pretty much a requirement" yet people who picked the staff don't get the ability until lvl 90.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

tiger_festival wrote:
lt only took me eight years and an entirely separate console release but I finally beat Kingdom Hearts I Sephiroth. And as satisfying as that was, the postgame grind suuuucked. "Second Chance is pretty much a requirement" yet people who picked the staff don't get the ability until lvl 90.

Finally you learn about the inferiority of magic! Always put your trust in the fist!

Yeah that really sucks you don’t get second chance till then. Congrats on the win though! He was hell when I beat him.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Wow you're like a case study XD Starting at the very final last game ever made.
It's very much unlike the other Metal Gear games. They have a terrible unfinished plot, weak character moments that are normally Metal Gear's strong suit.
But they dialled up the gameplay to the max and it plays really well.

Im interested in going back if the games are on steam (or next gen consoles? I settled for switch this generation).
You recommend starting at the beginning or are start at a better entry in the series?

Winston Payne wrote:
I've been playing Stein;Gate

I also liked that game. Make sure you make full use of the 'phone trigger system' for the complete experience.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
Im interested in going back if the games are on steam (or next gen consoles? I settled for switch this generation).
You recommend starting at the beginning or are start at a better entry in the series?

Hrm I'd recommend starting at the beginning and playing through them in order. It's not like Persona 4-5 where there's no connections between each game, each one is a chapter in an ongoing narrative and so they should be played in the order 1-4. If you like all that, you should also try and play the remaster spin off of MGS:Peace Walker. It's so damn important to the plot (and a great game), it may as well have been MGS5 before MGS5 was a thing.

There's just so much in MGS5 that's...not Metal-Geary, but it is fun to play.

Hahaha if you have a gamecube and can get your hands on it I'd recommend playing MGS: The Twin Snakes, a solid remake of MGS1 with some improved mechanics to make the first game feel less dated (you can actually aim in first person).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

Been playing Persona 4 Golden on Steam.
Why am I even here?

High level play

After 69 hours (nice) of MGS V and around a 50% completion game i'm pretty done with the game.

Completed the main storyline and afterwards there were some interesting extra missions, but I'm at a point you literally need to replay the exact same missions with harder (or more limits) conditions. A nice challenge, but I'm not interested in replaying missions with no story progression, so imma leave it at that.

Currently playing Yakuza : Kiwakami
Which is a game using the exact same world and assests as Yakuza : Zero (prequal). I enjoyed that game, but it's a bit disappointing that so much is the same. The story continues where the last one left off so it feels more like a big DLC than it's own game. Luckily I got the game at a discount, so it still feels like i got enough bang for my bucks.
Thank god you get to play again as Kiryu Kazuma, one of my favourite MC's of all time.

In Justice We Trust

Finally started on the Future Connected story in Xenoblade. I got a good laugh out of Kino and Nene's Arts having similar names to Sharla and Reyn's Arts, respectively. Other than that, I can't really give an opinion on the changes to the mechanics, as I'm barely an hour in.

I don't know what exactly is responsible for it, but Shulk and Melia sound different in the new cutscenes. To my knowledge, Shulk and Melia haven't been recast, so two possibilities occur to me. The original English dub of Xenoblade was released a little under nine years ago, so it's possible Shulk and Melia's new lines were recorded using different equipment, which may have affected the sound. Another possibility is that Mr. Howden and Ms. Coleman failed to fully imitate the voices they used for Shulk and Melia in the original. One in-game year doesn't strike me as a good enough reason for Shulk and Melia's voices to change so noticeably. I found the voice difference especially jarring when compared to Shulk and Melia's combat lines, which were recycled from the original game.

Edit: Just finished Future Connected. The new mechanics take a little getting used to, and the lack of visions does up the difficulty against some Unique Monsters. As with Sharla in the main game, I wound up not having much use for Kino.

Dino Run DX. Just got it a few days ago on Steam while it was on sale (it still is, and at a really good price too) and now I've FINALLY beaten the Insane Challenge. And let's just say it was NOT easy. You literally have to have a near fully-upgraded dino and you also have to have EVERYTHING going for you, particularly in the end levels. But GOD DAMN it was satisfying.

i write fanfiction, i think

Recently decided to re-download The Show 19. Got it for free from PS+ a few months ago, and never really decided to replay it until today. Pretty fun, all things considered.

The Real Human Being

Maxwell's Log: Day 17

Spider carcass in swamp today, tentacle spike to gored face. These noobs are afraid of me, I have seen their playtime.
The spawn is a poorly made base, and the base is full of rot and nitre, and when the winter finally comes, all the freeloaders will freeze.
The accumulated salt, of all their entitlement and base burning will foam up about their waists and all the Webbers and WX's will look to lunar and shout
"Feed us!"
And I'll look down, and whisper "no"
Page 272 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station