Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 2[ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Halo seriesTopic%20Title

I will protect you....Fräulein

Does anyone in CR live Halo and Halo 2? I hella do. Especially xbox live. Master Chief, Captain Keyes, Cortana, Sgt.Johnson, Arbiter....ahh good game. If you guys want to know everthing about Halo and glithces, visit this website
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page it is an awesome halo wiki page!*playes Halo theme* Oh! If anyone wants the soundtracks, ill post a link in megaupload or whatever. Halo rules!!!

Halo CE Official Soundtrack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHS1AQ7A

Halo 2 Official Soundtrack vol.1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3tn3es

Halo 2 Official Soundtrack vol.2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/737qj8

Halo 3 Finish the Fight http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3VJ4COST thanks to turnabout Stud for this song
enjoy!
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

Last edited by Ace Prosecutor on Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Halo seriesTopic%20Title

stirring

Halo is in the same league as Final Fantasy VII when it comes to being overhyped and overrated.

I personally think Halo was awful. I like my shooters like Gears of War, with at least tactics and the inability to just win by running in circles. With Halo, the arenas always felt too open and the gameplay just felt too easy. It was basically shoot first, you win.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Yeah its true in Halo CE that the maps are too big. I hated that. But in Halo 2 the maps are less "open" thus making it easier to get through the levels withous going in circles. (getting out of maps is awesome)

stirring

Halo 2 was worse, though, because of the increasingly awful community. Playing online was 100% not fun when most people are either crashing into their own teams on vehicles, running blindly into gunfights, or just being jackasses.

I'd like to state my theory of online gaming communities:

The popularity of a game is directly proportional to the amount of assholes that play the game.

Therefore, a perfect PC game example is Counter-Strike. The difference between the two is that in CS, you can pick the assholes you play with!
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

stirring

Chinese Infantry wrote:
I'd like to state my theory of online gaming communities:

The popularity of a game is directly proportional to the amount of assholes that play the game.

Therefore, a perfect PC game example is Counter-Strike. The difference between the two is that in CS, you can pick the assholes you play with!

True, but Halo 2 online still sucks.

Regular avvy was too big. ;_;

I liked Halo 1, It did bring some elements into the game that hadn't previousley been used (like no magic bag) and it had juicy graphics for its time.

Halo 2 was a fun game as well, I really don't understand why you hate online play so much, because the things you mentioned are a constant for any game.

stirring

DarkFlood wrote:
I liked Halo 1, It did bring some elements into the game that hadn't previousley been used (like no magic bag) and it had juicy graphics for its time.

Halo 2 was a fun game as well, I really don't understand why you hate online play so much, because the things you mentioned are a constant for any game.

I never said it wasn't a constant in most other online games. Just because other games have it doesn't mean I can't complain about it. Not to mention the gameplay doesn't click with me at all. When it first came out, it felt like what Fry probably felt like in Futurama's first episode to me. Here he is in this new age, yet he's still basically a delivery boy. There we were in the new generation with some fancy little details and additions, but we're still basically playing like we did back when DOOM was new.

So basically, I never liked it in the first place.

Holy Hell wrote:
DarkFlood wrote:

I never said it wasn't a constant in most other online games. Just because other games have it doesn't mean I can't complain about it. Not to mention the gameplay doesn't click with me at all. When it first came out, it felt like what Fry probably felt like in Futurama's first episode to me. Here he is in this new age, yet he's still basically a delivery boy. There we were in the new generation with some fancy little details and additions, but we're still basically playing like we did back when DOOM was new.

So basically, I never liked it in the first place.

Okay then, we know you hate Halo ALOT! We get your point!

Master of sharp things!

I don't care much for the Halo series. I found the games to be somewhat bland, if not outright boring at times.It doesn't help that the story is way too cliché, even for sci-fi. The multiplayer was somewhat frustrating, too.

.taichou.

I loved Halo, but when the sequel came out I was expecting so much more. It was sort of a disappointment. I still love the series, and I await the third installment but I still prefer the original to two.

My friend and I had some wild experiences during that game, especially while playing through legendary. Best levels have to be Two Betrayals and The Maw or any of the random games that we came up with during multi-player 4-Way split screen.

Played the first game through twice (once on PC, the second on XBox) - both times I felt let down. Tried Halo 2 as well, but given my firm stance regarding online multiplayer (i.e. I don't like it), I was stuck with just the singleplayer mode. And that was not very fun either, because several enemies took far too long to kill, some maps had critical ammo shortages (the first couple of Arbiter levels where you're battling Flood are particularly guilty of both things). Any of the weapons that were actually fun to use, like the Covenant carbine or the Human magnum pistol, had so little ammo available that you'd be forced to downgrade to crappier weapons like the SMG or plasma pistol.

Also, not being able to melee attack with dual weapons without dropping one of them is the most idiotic design decision I've ever seen.
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

.taichou.

I just hope that they fixed up the game a bit. I could not stand the shield! I want a health bar too. It was like hit and miss while running or fighting.

"When am I going to die? When am I going to die? When am I --" DEAD. That bothered me a lot.

Halo is WAAAAAY overrated. Yes, I do play them, probably more than any other xbxo game. But they don't deserve the majority of the hype they get.

Yes, I will probably buy Halo 3, if only to play with all my friends that I know will be getting it.

Halo got a ton of hype because it was essentially the ONLY shooter at the time of xbox's release.

Yes, it had fine graphics for the time, and was a fun game to play with friends (Infinite grenades...so many good times...) but it got old fairly quickly.

.taichou.

I never get tired of the original Halo, but the second is just eh. I can't play that one much anymore. It was great at first and now it's just a bore.

All games get old and that's why its important to reinvent them. My friends and I have a bunch of odd games we play in the first Halo. So much fun there, really. *Is reminded of RvB suddenly.*

shoehorn with teeth

I love the story.

The gameplay is okay.

I don't bother with multiplayer, since there's no (canon) story there.

Formerly Dr.Cube

In a word: Overrated. It just is not even one sixteenth as amazing as people make it seem.

dkellis wrote:
I love the story.

The gameplay is okay.

Are you serious??!

.taichou.

I love the multiplayer! That was one of the best portions of the game. Mass multiplayer. Killing Spree. Running Riot. *Fans self.* I want to play me some Halo right now.

It had hype due to it being one of the "launch" games Microsoft had. Its like Resistance is for the PS3 ... sort of. I still love Halo regardless if people think it's overrated. D:

Hitsugaya Toushiro wrote:
I love the multiplayer! That was one of the best portions of the game. Mass multiplayer. Killing Spree. Running Riot. *Fans self.* I want to play me some Halo right now.

It had hype due to it being one of the "launch" games Microsoft had. Its like Resistance is for the PS3 ... sort of. I still love Halo regardless if people think it's overrated. D:

At least i know someone that loves Halo besides me....You play in xbox live?

.taichou.

360 Live yeah. Don't go on much though. I will over the summer though, hopefully. I use to play Halo 2 online, depsite the fact that I don't like it as much as the first game, a lot. Now I don't. T___T

*Probably sucks now.* I can PM you my Gamertag if you'd like. I was on the old forum under another name and I had my gamertag in that LiveForum.

Changed user names, though. Go starting over!

360 Live yeah. Don't go on much though. I will over the summer though, hopefully. I use to play Halo 2 online, depsite the fact that I don't like it as much as the first game, a lot. Now I don't. T___T

*Probably sucks now.* I can PM you my Gamertag if you'd like. I was on the old forum under another name and I had my gamertag in that LiveForum.

Changed user names, though. Go starting over!

Sure!

.taichou.

Sent. Next time we're both on maybe we can play some Multiplayer. ;3

Hmm, anyone who plays, we should get together for some Halo 2. Or Gears of War. Or even Vegas. However, not this weekend though, I will be gone...

My gamertag is now in my sig...
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

.taichou.

Chinese Infantry, I'll PM you with my Gamertag in a second. We should get together and play. I need to get into the "swing of things" again ... I'm so out of the loop at this point. x___x

I have GoW, but not Vegas. Though I never played the Gow Multiplayer, just Co-op on Live.

seems interesting!

Quote:
I love the story.

The gameplay is okay.

Wow, that's dumb.

Anyway, I play Halo CE on occasion with people I know. I can't stand console FPSs, and even though Halo is pretty average it's good enough to go a few rounds with someone in.

Do you guys hate screen watchers?

stirring

I love playing against screen watchers. Why? Because they're easy to kill. You can't watch and play at the same time, and unless you're not good at the game, it's very easy to beat them.

In Gears of War, it can pose a problem, considering there's lots of ducking that has to go on, but still, I like a challenge. :D

seems interesting!

Quote:
Do you guys hate screen watchers?

it's part of the game. if you don't like it, play on pc.

Take me back to Room 215!

I ripped the music from the Halo 3 trailer. I bought it off of iTunes so it doesn't have the sound effects from the trailer. Only music. Mp3.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3VJ4COST

I like screen wachers.

.taichou.

I don't care about them. Oooh, sweet there Stud.

Why does most people hate Halo 2....I mean Halo 1 is awesome beleive that, but no xbox live and no dual weilding and not many covenant weapons...And not downloadable maps.
Halo 1 story was awesome but you have to go everywhere to know where to go. e.g when i tried to activate the light bridge in the level Halo in Halo 1. It took me forever to find it.

I love Halo. The narrative is awesome. I'm all about the story. Multiplayers alright, but I like the story/co-op best.

Turnabout_Stud wrote:
I love Halo. The narrative is awesome. I'm all about the story. Multiplayers alright, but I like the story/co-op best.

I guess... Did anyone download the soundtracks?

^I bought them all...

Most concerned citizen out there.

Although, I like the Halo series, I am more of a Half-Life fan...
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

.taichou.

Nope. Not yet anyways.

I love Halo. I'll always love Halo. It was great, and still is. But I do like some of the newer games too. Like Gears of War. Mmm, chainsaw.

Nope. Not yet anyways.

I love Halo. I'll always love Halo. It was great, and still is. But I do like some of the newer games too. Like Gears of War. Mmm, chainsaw.

Hell yeah!

shoehorn with teeth

Ace Prosecutor wrote:
dkellis wrote:
I love the story.

The gameplay is okay.

Are you serious??!

Yes, I am, in fact, serious.

I've seen multiplayer in action, and I suppose if it were really important for some reason I'd play a round or so, but multiplayer simply doesn't interest me. I really don't know how to explain it other than that the one and only reason I like the Halo games is the storyline; the gameplay is decent enough not to be frustrating, but it's not enough for me to want to play for no narrative purpose.

If Microsoft (or Bungie) released all the in-game cutscenes and the entire game's script, I will pay full price for that.
Page 1 of 2 [ 50 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station