Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 5 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Most overrated anime/movie/TV Show characterTopic%20Title

Likes to think he is extremely clever

Shows:
American Idol: Who really frickin' cares if a random person can sing? Obviously they either can't be that good or don't really care if they don't have a contract yet.
Lost: Saw one episode, and nearly puked from the sheer mediocrity it radiates.
Naruto: Really predictable.
EVA: It was boring and generic until the very end. The 2nd to last episode was just disturbing. I still haven't seen the last episode yet.

Characters:
Edgeworth: He's a emotionally unbalanced prosecutor who hates the world. Woo freaking hoo. (Don't hurt me... please?)
Sasuke: Same as above, yet tack on ninja instead of prosecutor.
Asuka: No real reason, I just don't think she's worth the praise.
Recent Harry Potter: Angst. Angst. Angst. Angst. Angst...

On another note, I enjoyed the Ranma 1/2 manga, and Detective Conan isn't too bad... but you can't figure out the cases on your own like PW!

spr fckn srs peepz

Lockblade wrote:
On another note, I enjoyed the Ranma 1/2 manga, and Detective Conan isn't too bad... but you can't figure out the cases on your own like PW!

Except anything by Rumiko Takahashi is the most overrated piece of garbage in the history of ever, next to anything by CLAMP.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is really overrated right now.
mother of the year~

Most concerned citizen out there.

I should say anything on MTV....Real World, Road Rules, Viva La Bam, Jackass, etc.

*runs and hides*
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

Formerly Dr.Cube

Everything on MTV is overrated but I do like Jackass. People can build it up too much sometimes but it still does have some pretty darn hilarious "skits".

Archmage

JAck Bauer: Don't see the big deal, and people make joke fads saying if blank vs blank who would win, you can expect chuck Norris or Jack Bauer.

American Idol: Sure you can sing!

Naruto: Obvious reasons

Bleach: I will pull a a comment from ap erson I know.

Quote:
I will start by saying that I don't really HATE anime, the style is no doubt very good, very crisp, colorful...what I DO hate about it though are the STORYLINES of MANY animes (not all, I really did like FMA, Eureka Seven, Paranoia Agent, Wolf's Rain, Trinity Blood, Evangelion and Azumanga Daioh, and a couple others that have slipped my mind)

THEY ARE SO GENERIC IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY.

It's like FF, only...YOU DON'T PLAY IT.

It has the futuristic/present/medieval world and the generic TEENAGER WITH SPIKEY HAIR go against ALL ODDS to save the WORLD from an effeminate VILLAIN WHO WANTS TO DESTROY IT. (seriously, what's up with that? HEY IF YOU DESTROY THE WORLD YOU'RE DEAD TOO YOU DIPSHIT)

I HATE how, because the HERO IS THE HERO, he can get into fights and get hurt and GET WOUNDS THAT WOULD KILL ANY OTHER PERSON, yet NOT DIE BECAUSE HE'S THE ALMIGHTY HERO AND SO AWESOME THAT EVEN DEATH IS NOTHING TO HIM. Oh ho, but sometimes, our hero colapses! He falls unconscious! Will he never wake up? The viewer is left to wonder...

Next episode, WHAT A PLOT TWIST, HE'S SAVED BY A RANDOM STRANGER WHO JUST HAPPENED TO COME ALONG AND THE RIGHT TIME AT THE RIGHT PLACE JUST TO SAVE OUR HERO.

We all know how common THAT is! I mean, if I was just in a fight in the middle of a rarely-trespassed woods, sustaining wounds to the chest, stomach and head, with 3/4s of my blood covering the ground yet miracuously surviving, we ALL know that a humble stranger would come along and save me at the exact moment I needed it!

I suppose all of this anger comes from people CONSTANTLY TELLING TO WATCH BLEACH.

I HATE BLEACH.

BLEACH IS THE MOST OVERRATED, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, UNINTERESTING, GENERIC THING I'VE EVER SEEN EVER...and I've seen Titanic!

Well, Bleach DOES have some good things. Let's start:
Good animation

Yeah I can't think of anything else.

BUT OH GOSH, THE BAD THINGS.

"People beat me up because my hair is orange!"

Hey, people who make entertainment for the good of the people, word of advice: IF YOUR CREATION CONTAINS A LINE AND/OR A SUBPLOT WITH A BOY WHO GETS BEAT UP BECAUSE HIS HAIR IS ORANGE WHEN ORANGE/RED IS AN ACTUAL HAIR COLOR THEN JUST STOP WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD.

Remember what I said before about heroes getting hurt but never dying simply because they're heroes? HEY GUESS WHAT THAT APPLIES TO BLEACH.

But not only that, ICHIGO CAN DO ANYTHING!

He was the first person to defeat enemy x! The first to get past gate a! The first to strike a blow on villain 1! HELL, HE WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO LAND ON THE MOON! THE FIRST PERSON TO SURVIVE DEADLY DISEASE Z. THE FIRST PERSON TO DISCOVER THE MEANING OF LIFE. HE WAS THE FIRST EMPEROR OF CHINA!

HEY. STOP IT. PERFECT HEROES ARE DISGUSTING. IF ICHIGO CAN DO ANYTHING BECAUSE HE'S SO FREAKING POWERFUL THEN WHY DOESN'T HE USE HIS UBER POWERS TO BRING PEACE TO THE WORLD?

Not only is Ichigo annoying as hell, but the cast of characters we have here are JUST AS ONE DIMENSIONAL AND BORING TOO!

We have:
Innocent, naive teenage girl with big breasts who has a crush on the hero!
Big, muscular man of few words!
Mysterious mentor who trains the hero!
Girl who bickers constantly with hero!
Effeminate rival of the hero who is mysterious and distant!

WHAT ORIGINALITY. I MEAN, WOW. I'VE NEVER EVER SEEN THEM BEFORE.

Of course, I haven't seen all of Bleach (I have better things to do with my time), I've seen close to... 30, 40 episodes? IT'S BEEN THOUROUGHLY UNINTERESTING ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

I mean, hell, I'd be watching an episode, and when it came to an OMG TENSION FILLED FIGHT OMG SO EXCITING type scene, I'd pause and think to myself, "Well, what's going to happen?" and I'd guess, then watch the rest the episode. LOW AND BEHOLD, I'D BE RIGHT ABOUT 95% OF THE TIME. When I can guess what will happen and RARELY be wrong, SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.

"B-but, it gets better!" you cry as you pound your fists on the ground, "Bleach is great! It's awesome! I love it!"

Hey, well, if a tv show takes MORE THAN 40 EPISODES TO GET MARGINALLY INTERESTING THEN IT PROBABLY ISN'T GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE. ESPECIALLY considering that many, GREAT anime series' are a FRACTION OF THAT LONG IN THE FIRST PLACE.

/end rant

Sorry if I offend anyone? >_>

The new DAwn of the DEad: the old one is better, two words, Rigor Mortis, hell Shaun of the Dead was better then the new DOTD.

Ya.[..*slinks away.

stirring

Quote:
It has the futuristic/present/medieval world and the generic TEENAGER WITH SPIKEY HAIR go against ALL ODDS to save the WORLD from an effeminate VILLAIN WHO WANTS TO DESTROY IT.

Yeah, uhm ... That just described 90% of quite a few genres in mediums, not just anime. That is so unbelievably vague that there's nothing to complain about.

And honestly, that whole post had about eighty to fifty thousand flaws that would take too much time to point out. It's pretty obvious somebody needs to realize that Cartoon Network isn't the best place to find anime, 'kay desu~
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Love, learn, live.

Yeah,just look at Ash Ketchum (Don't care if that's wrong)
He NEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRR loses except when learning a life lesson..That's why I love Yusuke,from Yu Yu Hakusho, he isn't "Mr.Perfect", he just thinks "Yeah,whatever....." He's not arrogant like most main characters.

seems interesting!

Quote:
He's not arrogant like most main characters.
rofl

Formerly Dr.Cube

You want main characters who aren't arrogant? See Kinniku mantaro and the original Kinnikuman (kinniku suguru).

Dig yourself! Lazarus, dig yourself!!!

Should I say Chuck Norris? His clichès are funnier than him (some of the Roundhouse jokes are pretty good).
Also: all chars from Naruto (or Dragonball Deluxe), EVA (we're million miles away from Go Nagai's robots), all MTV shows (except Pimp My Ride and Jackass), and Love Hina. Come on, the geek with a bunch of girls that are all potential sl*ts really tired up everyone.
Finally: Yu-Gi-Oh and ALL card-game related cartoons!!!
We're all in Gant's hands. Let's hope he won't clap them this time.

Criminal love.

Mad Surge wrote:

Why have I never thought of that? Sal

Formerly Dr.Cube

Mad Surge wrote:
Should I say Chuck Norris? His clichès are funnier than him (some of the Roundhouse jokes are pretty good).
Also: all chars from Naruto (or Dragonball Deluxe), EVA (we're million miles away from Go Nagai's robots), all MTV shows (except Pimp My Ride and Jackass), and Love Hina. Come on, the geek with a bunch of girls that are all potential sl*ts really tired up everyone.

how dare you say that about chuck! It's go time!

spr fckn srs peepz

Holy Hell wrote:
And honestly, that whole post had about eighty to fifty thousand flaws that would take too much time to point out. It's pretty obvious somebody needs to realize that Cartoon Network isn't the best place to find anime, 'kay desu~

Neither is the internet, looking at most anime fans.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Archmage

Attorney Hatman wrote:
Holy Hell wrote:

Neither is the internet, looking at most anime fans.

Blame the FCC for censoring alot of anime, and destroying japnese names for attacks,

ahd holy hell, the person I took the quote from when in detail about that genre. hEh, wht can we do.

lets add a other thing that gets my nerves up, anime fan rise, those who can accpect that their anime is not as good as they think, you try taking on millions of bleach fans, bloody hell, it is like a hellish place to be.

Brocken_Jr. wrote:
You want main characters who aren't arrogant? See Kinniku mantaro and the original Kinnikuman (kinniku suguru).

I've been meaning to watch that but never got around to it. One of my friends CONSTANTLY bugs me about putting it off.
mother of the year~

spr fckn srs peepz

Lloyd Serithi wrote:
Blame the FCC for censoring alot of anime, and destroying japnese names for attacks,

The hell did that have to do with my post? I'm talking about the fansub community and how those who watch them are usually so nuts about anime to a point that they become irritating to listen to, and that's just on the interweb.

Here's another thing that's overrated : Anime in general. PEOPLE, IT'S NOT MARGINALLY BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE IT CAME FROM JAPAN, GODDAMMIT!

Archmage

Sorry, misunderstood what you said earlier.

Love, learn, live.

I love Japan...not for the animes though. Hell, 90% of people in Japan club are nuts about anime.....I got into Japan becuase of it's strange but interesting culture.And it's beautiful scenery.I know I'm a tad bit off subject,but I just wanted to say,I'm not one of the..."everything from Japan is great" people.

spr fckn srs peepz

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
I love Japan...not for the animes though. Hell, 90% of people in Japan club are nuts about anime.....I got into Japan becuase of it's strange but interesting culture.And it's beautiful scenery.I know I'm a tad bit off subject,but I just wanted to say,I'm not one of the..."everything from Japan is great" people.

I was president of an Asian Culture Lovers club, formerly an anime club but that goes into a lot of history which I won't get into due to it was real stupid.

I was probably one of the two-three people who were genuinely interested in the culture and sought to promote works of literature that were culturally relevant and well-known. I know where you come from on that front. Except there's a sizeable amount of people that DO think that anything that comes out of Japan = Best Thing In The Entire Universe. Especially animes. Hence my mention of : GODDAMMIT!

Attorney Hatman wrote:
MikeMeekinsFan wrote:

I was president of an Asian Culture Lovers club, formerly an anime club but that goes into a lot of history which I won't get into due to it was real stupid.

I was probably one of the two-three people who were genuinely interested in the culture and sought to promote works of literature that were culturally relevant and well-known. I know where you come from on that front. Except there's a sizeable amount of people that DO think that anything that comes out of Japan = Best Thing In The Entire Universe. Especially animes. Hence my mention of : GODDAMMIT!

I like anime, but I am not too obsessed with Japan. Does that make me weird or something?

Mighty Midget wrote:
Attorney Hatman wrote:
MikeMeekinsFan wrote:

I like anime, but I am not too obsessed with Japan. Does that make me weird or something?

Your not the only one.

Its a place I'd like to visit because I like to travel but when people say "If anime stops comming to America I'll just move to japan" is ridiculous
mother of the year~

Mighty Midget wrote:
Attorney Hatman wrote:
MikeMeekinsFan wrote:

Your not the only one.

Its a place I'd like to visit because I like to travel but when people say "If anime stops comming to America I'll just move to japan" is ridiculous
mother of the year~

Mighty Midget wrote:
Attorney Hatman wrote:
MikeMeekinsFan wrote:

Your not the only one.

mother of the year~

Fenrirsulfr wrote:
Rei Ayanami, for sure.

Naruto may be immensely popular, but it's gonna take a while before it can measure to Evangelion's popularity. And when any of the characters are as popular with the fanboys as Miss Ayanami, I will eat my shoe. Young Mia

Hinata. Would you like mustard or ketchup on your shoe?

I'll agree about Naruto being overrated

Also I'd like to say I think Cowboy Bebop is overrated... along with the entire FF7 franchise... Oh and Kingdom Hearts too.

Also I love the culture and history of Japan as well. I have other reasons into wanting to visiting Japan other than anime/manga. I'd just like to experience the culture myself.

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
Well I think that one red headed chick from Gundam seed was a major bitch! Gah! I wanted to kill her!I can't character's who are so selfish, who think they're hot, and try to ignore those who would give the world to them!!! *cough* Sakura from Naruto...... her name means cherry blossom, well I can't stand her, she taints the beauty of the cherry blossom! And I honestly think One Piece has one of the best stories outta alot of anime's that were dubbed in America....I don't care if it has lame voice overs!

eh heh... There's more than just bad voice overs...

I mean seriously we're talking about a series that was dubbed by 4kids. If you think it was good dubbed then you really should see the Japanese version. You'd wonder why 4kids buutchered the series the way they did.

Love, learn, live.

Alot of times I read the manga,and I do see major differences in the anime and Manga.

Built For The Kill

Quote:
I HATE BLEACH.

BLEACH IS THE MOST OVERRATED, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, UNINTERESTING, GENERIC THING I'VE EVER SEEN EVER...and I've seen Titanic!

Can't argue with that. :P

Quote:
Well, Bleach DOES have some good things. Let's start:
Good animation

"Bleach QUALITY".
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

Orcaizer Al wrote:

"Bleach QUALITY".

Well, I've never seen Bleach, but One Piece never had the best animation quality either. Even though it variated in every episodes ranging from beautiful to terrible, it was really annoying :payne: It's the anime industry, the animations are not always under the same persons hand.

I might throw another overrated character, or let say animal:

CHOCOBOS. Yep, it's from the game series but don't forget their appearence in Final Fantasy Unlimited. Man I don't like those things...

seems interesting!

Psh, if you want to talk about fluctuating quality GurrLag is the Way to Go.

Watch ep 2 and then ep 4, you'll want to kill yourself.

Archmage

I want to know what is up with Ichigo
eyes...

I will say it The Chicken Fight GAg from Family Guy, it will never hold a candle to Oh my god, they killed Kenny!

You should also see Naruto QUALITY
mother of the year~

Archmage

I have, Also is lucky star any good?

Built For The Kill

Happiness Punch! wrote:
Well, I've never seen Bleach, but One Piece never had the best animation quality either.

I BEG TO DIFFER.

One Piece is animated by Toei, which, in my opinion, has the most consistent animation in all their shows, and has rarely (Or possibly never) had any off-model characters. Check the animation from One Piece in its earlier days, and compare it to the animation from the most recent episodes. Same bloody brilliant quality, if you asked me.

Besides, the One Piece animation is meant to look a bit cartoony, and the fact that it's still an awesome show even with that kind of look is just epic.

Lloyd Serithi wrote:
I want to know what is up with Ichigo
eyes...

He reminds me of Quasimodo, actually. :/

OMFG wrote:
You should also see Naruto QUALITY

Eyes, nose, and mouth are too small; left hand's too small; and the Konoha symbol on the forehead protector rotates counterclockwise every 12 frames of animation. This is your "Naruto QUALITY". -.-

At least Kisame's got good animation, and his recent fight with Gai looked like one straight out of the videogames... though I wouldn't say the same for Samehada. Recent Shippuuden episodes made the goddamn sword look like an amateur sketch, compared to when it first appeared.

They better not screw up on Hidan, Kakuzu, Tobi, Suigetsu, Karin, and Juugo. :|

Orcaizer Al wrote:

"Bleach QUALITY".

Good Ichigo. You look kind of cool.

Orcaizer Al wrote:

Eyes, nose, and mouth are too small; left hand's too small; and the Konoha symbol on the forehead protector rotates counterclockwise every 12 frames of animation. This is your "Naruto QUALITY". -.-

At least Kisame's got good animation, and his recent fight with Gai looked like one straight out of the videogames... though I wouldn't say the same for Samehada. Recent Shippuuden episodes made the goddamn sword look like an amateur sketch, compared to when it first appeared.

They better not screw up on Hidan, Kakuzu, Tobi, Suigetsu, Karin, and Juugo. :|

The animation looks cleaner to me.

Lloyd Serithi wrote:
I have, Also is lucky star any good?

From what I heard it gets better after the first episode, which turns people off because of the really unfunny conversation about how to eat food.

I haven't watched since ep 3. I just like this shop. LOL Moe` Balalaika.
mother of the year~

Orcaizer Al wrote:
Happiness Punch! wrote:
Well, I've never seen Bleach, but One Piece never had the best animation quality either.

I BEG TO DIFFER.

One Piece is animated by Toei, which, in my opinion, has the most consistent animation in all their shows, and has rarely (Or possibly never) had any off-model characters. Check the animation from One Piece in its earlier days, and compare it to the animation from the most recent episodes. Same bloody brilliant quality, if you asked me.

Besides, the One Piece animation is meant to look a bit cartoony, and the fact that it's still an awesome show even with that kind of look is just epic.

:-P

Spoiler: MOAR (Post Alabasta spoilers)
So far, Usopp seems to be the worst drawn member of the Mugiwaras.
Zoro got boobs.
Oh god Sanjina.
Poor Robin.She's poorly drawn a lot.
Look at the Chopper.

These just makes my eyes bleed :scratch:

I don't think the animations were as good as in the beginning, the older ones (Pre-Arlong arc) were the most balanced ones in my opinion, however Luffy, Usopp and Zoro looked much different then, and I find the new versions more desireable. As for worst animated episode; 77. Also, episodes starting somewhere from 290 had the worst quality ever. Alabasta and Drum Island were the best animated arcs. Little Garden and start-Cp9, and any filler arc the worst.

Don't get me wrong, I love the One Piece series, but I think animations these days can't be compared, since the animations artists change every episode. And besides, these are mostly one frame/second moments (Bleach may have them as well, that screenshot you just posted may've been one), which can get unnoticed easily. And I've got a eagle's eye for these sort of things, while others do not seem to care about them.

Argh, offtopic.

Anything deemed "mainstream" that you get imitations is overrated.
Case in point: Fullmetal Alchemist.
Great anime, amazing story, funny characters, etc.
Right after that series came out, countless "alchemic-based" characters from anime/games start crawling out of the woodwork.

Voltron would have to be the most overrated classic anime. Time truly hasn't been kind to this one.
Old-school fans might disagree, but I've been a fan of the series until I realized how ridiculous the story was then (hurray for censorship!).
Wii Code: 2249-0584-6376-4379
Brawl Code: 1289-8098-6633/EGX
Mario Kart Wii: 2105-9059-1291

stirring

Alchemy was popular before Fullmetal, actually.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Built For The Kill

Mighty Midget wrote:
The animation looks cleaner to me.

:/
Page 5 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios