Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 3 of 9[ 355 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Re: Most overrated anime/movie/TV Show characterTopic%20Title

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

First things first, Mighty Midget, thank you. Thank you so much for giving me a chance to rant. Here we go everyone...:

1. SASUKE UCHIHA: Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a very small fan of the guy but he's sooooooooooo overrated it's not even funny. I'm happy a lot of people can acknowlege Naruto's annoyingness but GOD! There are so many Sasuke fans on the planet, it makes baby Jesus cry.

2. CLOUD STRIFE: This guy couldn't get on my nerves more. The fangirl/boys... the huge sword... the black clothes! He's so annoying! And he's way too emo in AC.

3. ANYONE FROM ONE PIECE: I'm REALLY not a fan of this anime and from what I've seen almost every character is stereotypical.

Most concerned citizen out there.

Morinozuka Takashi wrote:
Don't worry. I am unusual, too. *grin* *laugh*
I never understood the appeal of Royai, either. =P

Neither can I. I see boards and fansites stating it's the most holiest and wonderful thing ever existed. Head Bang

Seriously, what is so great about them and what makes them more special than other canon pairings? :inspect:

Jibo wrote:
First things first, Mighty Midget, thank you. Thank you so much for giving me a chance to rant. Here we go everyone...:

Your welcome, I needed to rant too. Sal
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

One feathered Tail

I don't suppose I could complain about Edgeworth without being mauled, tortured, and then strung up like meat... Could I?
"Love Song for Horton #437"

stirring

I don't like Edgeworth either, and I know of a few who don't either on here.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

So moe for Makoto it's funny.

Anybody from FF7 or Naruto, lolol.

Seriously?

...gonna have to think on this.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)

Comfy and easy to wear.

And people from Harry Potter. The books are GOOD, just not THAT GOOD.
Like Naruto, really.
And while FFVII is a phenomenal game, the character's aren't that great. PW is much better, but its popularity just pales in comparison.

Love, learn, live.

Any character who who has a huge ego in my book,like Lloyd from tales of symphonia ( don't get me wrong I love the game!)
Pretty boys in anime are used way too often in my book. Kyouya Marshall Matt Edgy Wellington Pshhh... -You got that right!

And the "I think I'm hot people"
HairFlip Redd White Enguard Kyouya Hair Pull - I know!!!

Kyouya: Hey,why am I on here twice!?

What is my liiiife?!?

Horatio from CSI: Miami.

No doubt about it. He takes his sunglasses off and on and keeps spouting out awful cliched lines. It's hard to take him seriously (Hey look, he's going to take his glasses off again...)

But that wouldn't be such a problem if the whole series didn't revolve around him. Shouldn't the show be about the crimes or the rest of the team? Nope, It's pretty much the Horatio show :F

What a Day. . .

Mighty Midget wrote:
Riza Hawkeye from FMA. (I know I am going to get shot for this.) People who says that she is the HOTTEST chick ever with a gun must be seriously screwed up in the head.

people say that?? Did everyone just forget about Motoko (Major) ?!

I would have to say Naraku from Inuyasha....overrated and STUPID!! He could rape Inuyasha and his whole crew anytime he wants, but no, he runs like a 3 year old...stoped watching when he flew away for the 8th time... Nick

-Rufus

RufustheJudge wrote:
Mighty Midget wrote:
Riza Hawkeye from FMA. (I know I am going to get shot for this.) People who says that she is the HOTTEST chick ever with a gun must be seriously screwed up in the head.

Yes, it's true people say that. Even though there is much more prettier female characters than her.

In fact, there are no pretty female characters in FMA. Think

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
Any character who who has a huge ego in my book,like Lloyd from tales of symphonia ( don't get me wrong I love the game!)

Matt ...

Matt ...

Enguard So you think Lloyd Irving has a " huge ego", huh? You may love the game but you can't know it that much to think Lloyd has a "huge ego". He's a humble boy who wants to make a difference.

If you're referring to the "give me your name and I shall give you mine" stuff that's just because he's not gullible and won't let the enemy know who he is, also backed up by his covering of his Exsphere.

He's even very guilty and apologizing at many points during the game.

EDIT: P.S. Sorry for being a d*ck. Sadshoe

Last edited by Jibo on Thu May 10, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Love, learn, live.

Well, he just seemed like it to me! At any rate you still get what I mean with huge ego crap. Thanks for clearing it up though. I think I was thinking of a different characteristic for him... Payne Oops

stirring

MikeMeekinsFan wrote:
Pretty boys in anime are used way too often in my book. Marshall

Jake isn't a pretty boy. In fact, he's just a rugged manly looking character. Long hair a pretty boy does not make.

Love, learn, live.

I was just giving an example,but I know....

Love, learn, live.

Jibo wrote:
MikeMeekinsFan wrote:

Matt ...

Matt ...

Enguard So you think Lloyd Irving has a " huge ego", huh? You may love the game but you can't know it that much to think Lloyd has a "huge ego". He's a humble boy who wants to make a difference.

If you're referring to the "give me your name and I shall give you mine" stuff that's just because he's not gullible and won't let the enemy know who he is, also backed up by his covering of his Exsphere.

He's even very guilty and apologizing at many points during the game.

EDIT: P.S. Sorry for being a d*ck. Sadshoe

You were'nt.... you were just clearing things up, besides I haven't played in a while. Everyone makes mistakes, mine was in describing his character.........

What a Day. . .

Mighty Midget wrote:
RufustheJudge wrote:
Mighty Midget wrote:

Yes, it's true people say that. Even though there is much more prettier female characters than her.

In fact, there are no pretty female characters in FMA. Think

Hawkeye was pettier than Sloth, Lust? I must admit Hawkeye's innocence and military sense is kinda sexy, I think there's more cute girls than her in the series.

-Rufus

stirring

Personal preferences aside, it's hard to not consider Anime!Sloth or Lust "pretty".

Manga!Envy is the only one I even pay much attention to though.

One feathered Tail

Technically, Envy can be as pretty as it wants to be.

Battle Artist

It depends really. Some characters are mostly 'overrated' by people who only knows of their existance in massive fanbases but NEVER bothered to actually play the game/watch the anime to see WHY they're so popular in the first place. Of course, there's a lot of exceptions like those who've watched the shows or played the game before and didn't like it as much, but then the general public still gets the vote in the bag for the cast of characters being great. I find characters like... Cloud, from FF7, to be understandable on being popular. I have played the game ever since it came out in the store shelves, and I really LOVED playing it. I was a fan since then. Yes, I've also watched the FF7 movie that came out some time ago as well. Since then everyone depicts him as an emo guy who makes fangirls/fanboys squeel. He wasn't emo like that in the original game but I just don't care what everyone thinks, he's still Cloud. Anyway, I'm striving off the local question so... Hmm, overrated character...

Inuyasha. I've watched the first bunch of episodes of it actually, I really liked it. But then the series went in a massively repetitive 'pokemon' situation. Now I hate it. Bad experiences like that make me hate the characters.

Love, learn, live.

I agree with the Inuyasha situation.I used to love it! now.... it's not worth the time

VERA LOOK

...Most shounen anime series (specially Shounen Jump's) are overrated. It's a butchered version of the manga, with pretty colors and moving pictures. Oh come on. Naruto is a good example: It became overly commercial, what with all the fillers.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was incredibly good yes, but as usual, 4chan decided to ruin the fun for everyone by simply mentioning it.

I don't even want to see Evangelion, or anything authored by Gainax. NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL PERIOD.
(However, things that are only animated by Gainax are OK. XD)

Saint Seiya is another fine example of overratedness. The series is old and the new content is too late. And their marketing scheme of gold-priced action figures is INSANE.

Full Metal Alchemist is just... NO. I mean, it was kind of good... until the ending butchered it completely. It has too much fans and the inferior to mediochre material has them devouring like madmen. And the worst thing is, the fanbase disowns the manga, even daring to say it's a "poorly done adaptation of the series". OH FOR THE LOVE OF-

And lastly, Hellsing. Oh my, we know nothing about vampires! LET'S WRITE A STORY! *coughWhiteWolfcough*

There are more examples, but who cares about them. Let's talk about series that ARE awesome instead, and be happy little obsessed freaks. XD Just kidding...

RufustheJudge wrote:
Hawkeye was pettier than Sloth, Lust? I must admit Hawkeye's innocence and military sense is kinda sexy, I think there's more cute girls than her in the series.

-Rufus

That is one good trait of Hawkeye is that she is a excellent soldier, but that is it. Detective Gumshoe

The other thing about her that bugs me is that how people ALWAYS draw her with glasses and a business suit with her hair down. Talking about fanboy-ism. Whip

俺の黄金の魔女

El Huesudo II wrote:
Saint Seiya is another fine example of overratedness. The series is old and the new content is too late. And their marketing scheme of gold-priced action figures is INSANE.

Noooo! I love me some Saint Seiya. (All the Myth Cloth figures would be MINE, if only I had that sort of cash to drop) I even love Episode G and Lost Canvas! I don't know about other countries, but it certainly isn't overrated where I live. Larry

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

El Huesudo II wrote:
...Most shounen anime series (specially Shounen Jump's) are overrated. It's a butchered version of the manga, with pretty colors and moving pictures. Oh come on. Naruto is a good example: It became overly commercial, what with all the fillers.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was incredibly good yes, but as usual, 4chan decided to ruin the fun for everyone by simply mentioning it.

I don't even want to see Evangelion, or anything authored by Gainax. NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL PERIOD.
(However, things that are only animated by Gainax are OK. XD)

Full Metal Alchemist is just... NO. I mean, it was kind of good... until the ending butchered it completely. It has too much fans and the inferior to mediochre material has them devouring like madmen. And the worst thing is, the fanbase disowns the manga, even daring to say it's a "poorly done adaptation of the series". OH FOR THE LOVE OF-

And lastly, Hellsing. Oh my, we know nothing about vampires! LET'S WRITE A STORY! *coughWhiteWolfcough*

There are more examples, but who cares about them. Let's talk about series that ARE awesome instead, and be happy little obsessed freaks. XD Just kidding...

Sorry, I've got to...take issue with a few of these things.

What does 4chan 'mentioning' Haruhi have to do with anything? Or is that why it's overrated, because 4chan users liked it a lot? I don't see why that's a big deal being that 4chan has exploded into this like, hub of anime / video game information and fanning.

Also, have you ever SEEN anything created by Gainax, or are you just basing your opinion on Evangelion? Unless you've seen or know more about Gainax, I can't accept your reasoning there--even though I consider Eva overblown, the rest of Gainax's library is for the most part stellar; Gunbuster is one of the finest Giant Robot series ever crafted.

As for Saint Seiya...How the hell can you consider Saint Seiya overrated? Most people don't even know what the series IS, and as for it being old, it's a classic shounen manga series. More series could learn a few things from Saint Seiya, including how to wrap up a battle in less than 30 chapters.

As for pricing on figures, I don't see how that has any relevance to the overratedness of a series; it's not like the mangaka is forcing you to buy them with the manga or something.

And Hellsing--what does 'knowing' about Vampires mean? Kohta Hirano isn't worried about making a manga that 'faithfully' portrays vampires (and who, to be honest, can claim to actually do so? Where are you getting your 'vampire lore' from?), he's just writing a series in which a lot of people explode and battles are overblown. Alucard isn't so much a character made to be 'the' vampire as he is just a character created to be indestructible, cool, and super powered--the vampirism is a vehicle to do so more than anything else.

I'm a dust cloud, pal!

I hate to say it, but I'd have to say Lina Inverse from Slayers. When I first saw the show, it was a few episodes in the later seasons (mostly filler), but I knew enough about it to get the gist of the series. It wasn't the best show, but I was amused, and good times were had.

Recently, though, I've been watching some of the first episodes. Lina's too immature and self centered for my tastes, and while she's amusing from time to time, it's not enough to make up for her obnoxious behavior. I didn't have a problem with her in the later episodes, since there were enough characters to balance things out, but when it's just her and Gourry...well, it's just a little too much. I'm not sure if it's just the early episodes that I dislike or if my tastes have changed over the years, but I think I'll pass on this series.

Kanpeki Choujin

Jibo wrote:
3. ANYONE FROM ONE PIECE: I'm REALLY not a fan of this anime and from what I've seen almost every character is stereotypical.
Guess you haven't seen much of it then

Love, learn, live.

Well I think that one red headed chick from Gundam seed was a major bitch! Gah! I wanted to kill her!I can't character's who are so selfish, who think they're hot, and try to ignore those who would give the world to them!!! *cough* Sakura from Naruto...... her name means cherry blossom, well I can't stand her, she taints the beauty of the cherry blossom! And I honestly think One Piece has one of the best stories outta alot of anime's that were dubbed in America....I don't care if it has lame voice overs!

stirring

Gundam Seed itself was pretty hugely overrated. It was one of the worst Gundam series ever.

Am I your wild-type?

I could never get into Gundam Seed. I thikn it lso had to do with how big the fandom was at thge time, as well...

It had a nice ending theme that I love to listen to, and it had interesting character designs, but I am pretty sure that it's all it is. Pretty and angst.

From what I saw from a few random dubbed episodes I watched, that is....

stirring

Gundam Seed was basically Gundam for Naruto retards. Be happy you never watched through the entirety.

Love, learn, live.

For once, I found a place where no one is a frigg'n Gundam seed adict! thank the lord!! SD Gundam was better then that show! I swear, Gundam seed had more love triangles then the movie Flash Gordon.

spr fckn srs peepz

In so far as overrated?

American fucking Idol.

If I wanted to hear cows sing, I'd be pulling out a Celine Dion album.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Attorney Hatman wrote:
In so far as overrated?

American fucking Idol.

If I wanted to hear cows sing, I'd be pulling out a Celine Dion album.

Ditto...

Though I'm a closet Rock Lee fan, Naruto. Dear god, the fans for that show are almost unbearable. They remind me of the DBZ fans from the late 90's.

Full Metal Alchemist. Decent show, but definitely not worth all the hype.

Donny Darko. It was NOT deep and meaningful. It's a fucked up show with a bunny that's production probably involved illegal substances of some sort.

Final Fantasy game series. The majority of these games I wasn't too impressed with. Were they good? Yeah. But nowhere near the crown jewel of RPG's. Suikoden II easily outshone just about every game in this series.
Goodbye, my Mars!
I shot your pigs! (Pigs!)
Goodbye strange fruits!
Get higher, get higher!

stirring

Donnie Darko made quite a lot of sense and it was deep, meaningful is up for debate, but I like to think of it as.

Love, learn, live.

I love Rock Lee!!! just not too much Naruto, I'll be honest,I'll read the manga once in a while.... but only becuase the story is pretty decent.. but it should'nt get thos much attention. I also agree with you on Full Metal alchimist,

Zully Quirke wrote:
They remind me of the DBZ fans from the late 90's.

Sal I was one of them.

Holy Hell wrote:
Donnie Darko made quite a lot of sense and it was deep, meaningful is up for debate, but I like to think of it as.

You're entitled to your opinion. But then, so am I. I thought the entire thing was overblown and frankly, a little trite.

I used to watch Naruto. But I.. gave up. I kept thinking "This was a good show. It had potential. This could go in really awesome places, if I just keep watching maybe--" It's kind of like battered housewife syndrome. Maybe this time he really will change. Larry
Goodbye, my Mars!
I shot your pigs! (Pigs!)
Goodbye strange fruits!
Get higher, get higher!

One feathered Tail

I am also entitled to my opinion. Mine just happens to be right.
Donnie Darko was brilliant and, considering the budget and what they used, a priceless piece of film history soon.
I thought it was very deep and tells a lot about people in general.
"Cult Classic" at its finest.

What is my liiiife?!?

Quote:
I am also entitled to my opinion. Mine just happens to be right

That makes no sense :F No opinions are right, because they are opinions. You just THINK you're right.

Also, I'm suprised no-one agrees with my dislike for Horatio, but it may be just me
Page 3 of 9 [ 355 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios