Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

The InbetweenersTopic%20Title

Call me James

Alright, gays? :redd:

With the new film just released, this is the perfect time to discuss all things Inbetweeners.

I know at least one of you is a fan, but for those who have no idea what The Inbetweeners is, let me quickly summarise.

The Inbetweeners is about 4 regular boys, who attend 6th form college, and pretty much fail at everything they attempt to do. Whether acting cool, or being popular, the boys are useless at it.

Will is the main star, and serves as the narrator for the show. Will is nerdy and tries to be polite, but often loses his temper when things don't go to plan.

Simon is the most neurotic, and is probably the most "normal" if I can use that word to describe any of these four. His only quirk is that he continually lusts after his childhood friend Carli, and often puts himself in awkward situation after awkward situation because of his attempts to act cool and impress her.

Jay is a sex obsessed liar. He often tells the gang about his many sexual encounters, all of which are total nonsense. He has a dirty mouth, and is the show's constant source of strong language.

Neil is the idiot of the group. He's one of those people who you look at and think "How have you got through life?" His idiocy is something to marvel at.

So, c'mon then, bumders! :hobolaugh:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: The InbetweenersTopic%20Title

So much love for this topic :will:

Did you see the film yet?

I love The Inbetweeners because I think it's pretty realistic of typical sixth form life, compared to things like Skins. I know so many guys like Simon and Jay :yogi: Plus, in popularity terms, I've always been an 'Inbetweener', so I sort of relate.

Favourite character? Moment?

Last edited by samboo1 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Call me James

Heh. I once doubled posted instead of edited. Doh! :meekins:

I'm so much like Will. All my friends say so, and I can't help but agree. :gymshoe: I guess that's why he's my favourite character. I relate to him most.

I think my favourite moment is where the boys go camping, and swiftly start a fire with Will's stuff.

Will: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?"
Neil: "Just starting a fire."
Will: "BURN WOOD! NOT MY THINGS!"
Jay: "Ooh! But I thought they were for everyone!"
Will: "Yes, for everyone to use. Not to burn!"
Jay: "Alright, calm down!"
Will: "I'll calm down once you stop burning my fucking possessions!"
*Neil puts chair on fire*
Will:".....What are you doing...?"
Neil: "Fire's going down."
Will: "STOP. BURNING. MY THINGS!!!"

I'm going to see the film at a later date. My friend gets back on the 28th, and I promised I'd see it with her. :phoenix:

You're like Will?! Haha, that's amazing. Briefcase Wanker. He's my favourite character too, he's just so funny, and always says what everyone else is thinking. Do you talk like him too?

I totally forgot about that episode. I've forgot about most of series 3 actually. Need to watch it again, I got it for christmas. I love that bit. Infact I love any bit where Will get annoyed, it's just too funny to watch!

Also, is it just me, or is Carli a total bitch? I have no idea why Simon likes her.

Spoiler: film spoiler
And I guess he realises this too, whilst in Malia.

Call me James

Apparently, I do talk like him! Haha! At least, people say so. :will:

At least I don't have a funny walk.....I hope. :gumshoe:

Will gets annoyed pretty easy if you press the right/wrong buttons, kinda like me too.

He has some pretty great lines too.

Describing Caravan club - "It's a sense of shitting in a bucket in a cupboard you don't get with other holidays. In England. With your parents."

Personally, I just think Carli needs to stop taking things/Simon so seriously. She's too uptight.

I looked up the series on youtube to see what kind of series this was... in 2 minutes I witnessed a guy throw a frisbee at a handicapped girl, a grown man puke on a little boy and another man punching a fish with his fists... I love this series already!

And their accents.. I love those accents! Why haven't I heard of this series before? :larry2:
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Jack Lamber wrote:
I looked up the series on youtube to see what kind of series this was... in 2 minutes I witnessed a guy throw a frisbee at a handicapped girl, a grown man puke on a little boy and another man punching a fish with his fists... I love this series already!

And their accents.. I love those accents! Why haven't I heard of this series before? :larry2:

Haha! Excellent :D The fish punch scene cracks me up, mostly because of the flare Jay releases

Will: Why the fuck did you do that?!
Jay: To get the sea police out!
Will: And say what?! Help we've caught a fish?! And we're already in the harbour, what are they gonna do, tow us four feet closer to the shore?!

LOL.

@Yoshi: The caravan club episode is one of my favourites haha. Brings back memories of any crappy family holidays I've been on, to a caravan park :gant: And just makes me laugh because it's typical Jay the bull shitter. Gotta love him.

samboo1 wrote:
Will: And say what?! Help we've caught a fish?! And we're already in the harbour, what are they gonna do, tow us four feet closer to the shore?!

LOL

YES! That was the line that destroyed me! I have to check this series out somehow :larry2:

Last edited by Jack Lamber on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nooo! I did it again! Quoted when I should've edited! Please delete this post :larry:

Jack Lamber wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

LOL

YES! That was the line that destroyed me! I have to check this series out somehow :larry2:

You could try http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-inbetweeners/4od, but I see you're from Denmark, and it may not work out side of the UK. But, you may as well give it a shot!

I just saw the first two episodes and I am hooked :larry2: It looks like there's only 3 seasons though?
Anyway, switch places with me samboo! I wish I was the one from UK :larry: I just love everything England!
Anyway, looks like I am going to have a lot of fun with this series! So far I am loving the humor and the characters! (and the music.. Arctic Monkeys, yay :larry2: )

Jack Lamber wrote:
I just saw the first two episodes and I am hooked :larry2: It looks like there's only 3 seasons though?
Anyway, switch places with me samboo! I wish I was the one from UK :larry: I just love everything England!
Anyway, looks like I am going to have a lot of fun with this series! So far I am loving the humor and the characters! (and the music.. Arctic Monkeys, yay :larry2: )

Aww, come visit and drink lots of tea! :edgy: I'm sure Denmark is just as nice though, you aren't missing much...

There is only 3 seasons, yeah. They stopped it when the characters finished sixth form, because of Will and Simon going to uni, I think. Would be interesting to see what they are like at university though.

Do keep us updated on what you think!

Well we got the fact that it often rains in common I guess, but that's about it. I might move to England in two years time, but it depends on a lot of things :phoenix: (I wasn't joking when I said I loved everything England :P)
The series seems to get funnier and more embarrasing for each episode I watch! I just watched the one where they are at that.. um.. "club" that turns out to be a cottage at a family camping center :larry2: I can't wait for the fish punch episode, really :redd:

Call me James

samboo1 wrote:
Jack Lamber wrote:

Aww, come visit and drink lots of tea! :edgy: I'm sure Denmark is just as nice though, you aren't missing much...

There is only 3 seasons, yeah. They stopped it when the characters finished sixth form, because of Will and Simon going to uni, I think. Would be interesting to see what they are like at university though.

Do keep us updated on what you think!

I love how you didn't mention Neil going to Uni.

Neil: "Oh, I can't wait till I go to Uni, it's gonna be brilliant!"
Will: "Well, I wouldn't count on it, Neil."

Just love Will's snide remarks. :gant:

The fish punch episode is not too far away, Jack! :redd:

@Yoshi: Oh right. The reason I didn't mention Neil is because of a conversation they have in the film, where it implies Simon and Will are going, but Neil and Jay aren't. Perhaps he changed his mind? Haha.

I used to like this show. It had a crude yet amusing sense of humour, cathartic ways of throwing these guys into the worst situations, and how it closely resembles Sixth Form compared to most other shows I've seen.

But recently the whole main cast have just annoyed the hell out of me.

Spoiler: Big character rant
Back when I was in senior school, I was a hell of a lot like Simon, hung up on a girl I couldn't even talk to. I thought I could sympathise with him upon seeing him at first, but he quickly became whiny and annoying, and made me see how whiny and annoying I was. And making me hate my old self made me hate him all the more. He had an interesting bit of character development when he started dating someone else, but if I recall correctly, didn't he just go straight back to usual after breaking up?

Will was the only character I really liked out of the four. He had a great snarky side, and he just so obviously stood out from everyone else. What made me hate him was when he avoided this one girl into him like the plague, when she wasn't even ugly! Not in looks, and not in personality either. She was interested in him and she seemed like a nice person too. Just because she didn't look like a supermodel, Will backed out. As if he honestly thought he could do better. Also, it made me cringe so much when he openly admitted to his friends that he came along because he felt "lonely".

I hate Jay with a passion every single time he appears on screen. He's one of those guys I feel like I need to punch in the teeth every time he opens his mouth. Why does he continue to spew out incessant and impossible lies when it's so obvious that he's lying? I hate it when people try to get attention like that, and hate it when they succeed, which happens a lot more earlier on in the show. Not even his character development episode was appealing. His character hadn't developed, it had made a complete 180 degree turn from brash to clingy, then went straight back again at the end.

Neil is just...
well, Neil.
OK, Neil may not be so bad. But he's nowhere near redeeming enough for me to watch the show again.

The show's lost on me. I enjoyed it during seasons 1 and 2. 3 just completely turned me away, and I have no interest in watching the movie.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Call me James

Well, to each their own, I guess.

On a completely unrelated topic, I love the gif in your sig, Coppo. Densha OtokoFTW.

Coppo wrote:
I used to like this show. It had a crude yet amusing sense of humour, cathartic ways of throwing these guys into the worst situations, and how it closely resembles Sixth Form compared to most other shows I've seen.

But recently the whole main cast have just annoyed the hell out of me.

Spoiler: Big character rant
Back when I was in senior school, I was a hell of a lot like Simon, hung up on a girl I couldn't even talk to. I thought I could sympathise with him upon seeing him at first, but he quickly became whiny and annoying, and made me see how whiny and annoying I was. And making me hate my old self made me hate him all the more. He had an interesting bit of character development when he started dating someone else, but if I recall correctly, didn't he just go straight back to usual after breaking up?

Will was the only character I really liked out of the four. He had a great snarky side, and he just so obviously stood out from everyone else. What made me hate him was when he avoided this one girl into him like the plague, when she wasn't even ugly! Not in looks, and not in personality either. She was interested in him and she seemed like a nice person too. Just because she didn't look like a supermodel, Will backed out. As if he honestly thought he could do better. Also, it made me cringe so much when he openly admitted to his friends that he came along because he felt "lonely".

I hate Jay with a passion every single time he appears on screen. He's one of those guys I feel like I need to punch in the teeth every time he opens his mouth. Why does he continue to spew out incessant and impossible lies when it's so obvious that he's lying? I hate it when people try to get attention like that, and hate it when they succeed, which happens a lot more earlier on in the show. Not even his character development episode was appealing. His character hadn't developed, it had made a complete 180 degree turn from brash to clingy, then went straight back again at the end.

Neil is just...
well, Neil.
OK, Neil may not be so bad. But he's nowhere near redeeming enough for me to watch the show again.

The show's lost on me. I enjoyed it during seasons 1 and 2. 3 just completely turned me away, and I have no interest in watching the movie.

Which girl do you mean with Will? The tall girl in season 3? I can't remember :larry:

Season 3 was certainly my least favourite, but I still liked it.

It was during season 3, and it might have been the tall girl. I'm not willing to watch it again to find out. I remember that Will only showed the least bit of interest because she gave blowjobs.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Bus wankers :D

I love this show. It's like the Peep Show but more relatable for kids like me :P
Mr. Gilbert is far and away my favourite character.

Coppo wrote:
It was during season 3, and it might have been the tall girl. I'm not willing to watch it again to find out. I remember that Will only showed the least bit of interest because she gave blowjobs.

Yeah she's the one. I didn't really like that episode either. Will always makes himself out to be desperate, just like all of them, then gets picky over that. Beggars can't be choosers! :godot:

@Midnight Jasper: I love Mr Gilbert! He cracks me up so much haha.

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

I have seen all the series and both movies now and the 1st movie I enjoyed more than the 2nd , but the 2nd was still good, I am not big on the jokes such as simon puking on kids head etc but overall it not a bad show.Gilbert is funny glad he is linked to 2nd movie in someway lol
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

The Chocolateholic of CR

Bus Wankers!

The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios