Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 24 posts ]

Movies and TV Shows you Love and TolerateTopic%20Title

This thread is about posting the shows and movies you love and describe what about them makes you love them so much. Or perhaps you can talk about shows you tolerate. Has it jumped the shark the past couple of seasons and slowly making a comeback? This is not a hate thread, and I'd not like to see the bashing of people's love for movies and TV shows around here.

I'll go first. I love WALL-E. I'd say it's my favorite movie of all time. The silent beginning really draws you into Wall-E's world and there's something so beautiful and poetic about the whole movie. Not to mention it looks gorgeous and it's terribly touching. Plus it carries an important message.

I really love Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Though I know it's considered Anthony Bourdain Lite by a lot of people, I think it's so great how he willingly embraces every culture and shows the viewers parts of the culture of places we probably would never know about even if we visited those places. Plus sometimes he actually eats things that I wouldn't mind trying. Australian chocolate pudding fruit? Trinidad conch fresh from the sea? Tiny ants that taste like tutti frutti gum? I'm there!

I tolerate True Blood. My mom really likes it and I like a lot of the characters. Season 3 was pretty bad but I hung in there for the fourth season and it was honestly an improvement even if it was really weird.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Re: Movies and TV Shows you Love and TolerateTopic%20Title

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Let's see: Shows I love include The Amazing World of Gumball, MAD the Animated series, Regular Show, The Looney Tunes Show, The Fairly Oddparents, Phineas and Ferb, Family Guy, American Dad, the Cleveland Show, South Park, Futurama, Mythbusters, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Dinner Impossible, Restaurant Impossible, Dog Whisperer, Life After People, and The Most Extreme.

Shows I tolerate include: Adventure Time, iCarly, stuff on informative documentary channels, the Pokemon anime, The Simpsons, That Burger show Fox has on right now, Ugly Americans, and some other stuff.

The movies I love are too numerous to count but recently Marvel's movies are great for me.

I pretty much tolerate almost every other movie in existence. I mean, I can see the appeal in some movies like Twilight even if that's not something I'd be excited to watch.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Yaragorm wrote:
The movies I love are too numerous to count but recently Marvel's movies are great for me.

You mean like X-Men First Class? Yeah, that was great! Nice to see Michael Fassbender finally getting some lead roles.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

fatalfeline wrote:
Yaragorm wrote:

You mean like X-Men First Class? Yeah, that was great! Nice to see Michael Fassbender finally getting some lead roles.

That was the only one I haven't seen actually. All the rental stores are sold out. ;o;

I won't list EVERYTHING I love, it'd take fucking days. So here's a few, in no particular order.

Spoiler: TV
Family Guy
American Dad
CSI (all)
NCIS
Bizarre ER
Blackadder
Bottom
The Young Ones
IT Crowd
Father Ted
Most Haunted
QI

Spoiler: Film
A Clockwork Orange
Re-animator
The Frighteners
Phantom of the Opera
V for Vendetta
Saw (all)
House of 1000 Corpses
Misery

I tolerate anything with Jeffrey Combs in (he's been in some really shitty films but I love him so).
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

hmmmmm

Film: well my favorites are: Videodrome, Pi: Faith in Chaoes, Posession, Valley Girl, and Enter the Void
genre wise I really love body horror, especially Cronenberg, and horror in general. I like well-done documentaries, spoof comedies (Southland Tales, Murder by Death), and experimental stuff (Von Trier and Malicks stuff especially)

TV: I love sitcoms, like, I LOVE sitcoms. I don't care how terrible or cheesy or poorly acted it is I love sitcoms.
I also like: Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job!, Fishing With John (probably the greatest TV show ever made), Veronica Mars, Parks and Recreation, cake related television, and Louie
and on a more serious not other than Fishing WIth John the two best TV Shows of all time are objectively The Sopranos and Twin Peaks

...Hopefully someday... xD

Good ol' Sweeney Todd.
My favorite movie, for sure.

...It's kinda sad that Tim Burton movies are generally like; black + white + red.
...But then again; he makes it work like a charm, so nevermind of that...
...Just thought to say it anyway...

Yeaaaah...Why I like Sweeney...
I remember when I just decided to see it for lolz after hearing that Johnny Depp sings in it,
but I was surprised. He has a good voice. I swear; if I'd ever be attracted to males I make him as my target.
Umm...Moving on...

I like the story too.
Ever since I turned into 16 I've been fan of romance stories.
Not in general, but only if there's something special about them, like humor or something else.
For example; mangas like Midori no Hibi or Bra Girl and Parallel hit me good, but if there's too much love syrup, like Cinderella no Kake and Secret Kiss I'll usually skip them...
But Sweeney has what it takes.
A crazy dude in search of revenge for his love and his family.
...And how it turn out? Oopsie...Still too naive.

Even the songs are catchy. Not something I have on my mp3,
but still something that just get stuck on your head fro ages once you hear them.
...Preeeetty women... A shame that Sweeneys ballad didn't make itself into the movie other than just instrumental track.

Seriously; it's my favorite movie.

And like you guys should know by now,
my favorite from TV are moomins...
I'll try to make this one as short as possible.

Moomins is a family friendly show with warmth.
They're beyond simple, which lead them to adventures we couldn't even imagine.
...or should it be said that they're so simple that everything new is an adventure for them?

No matter how old I get, I still keep watching the show.
I have all the DVD's and still keep watching it from TV, have every episode on computer and also record them on my digibox,
so I LITERALLY can see them when I want to.

Definitely.

From Sweeney Todd to Moomins...Odd, but true.
ImageImageImageImage

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

TV: How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang theory, Glee (even though the writing is now atrocious), Friendship is Magic, Chuck. The rest escapes me a the moment.

Movies: Too vast for me to list. I can generalize and say Marvel movies, action movies that have no story but make up for it in loads of violence and explosion, 80's movies, and more stuff.

I can't really make a list for stuff that I tolerate since I either hate it or I love it.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

General list.

Movies I love: Lord of the Rings, Pixar in general, Miyazaki in general, Akeelah and the Bee, How to Train Your Dragon, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Inception, Some Like it Hot, The Princess Bride, The Dark Knight, Princess and the Frog, The Iron Giant, Sweeney Todd, Black Swan, School of Rock, Tokyo Godfathers, Coraline, and V for Vendetta among others.

TV shows I love: Regular Show, Bizarre Foods, Star Trek, Dexter, Avatar, Recess, Whose Line is it Anyway

TV shows I like/tolerate: Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, Friendship is Magic, Project Runway, Mystery Diagnosis, Iron Chef

rock on rebel warriors

.:looby:. wrote:
Spoiler: Film
Misery

...the stephen king flick?
alles ist scheisse

ケーキたん(仮)

The best movie I've seen in some time is Confessions/Kokuhaku. It's a drama/psychological thriller/revenge story of a teacher whose daughter was killed by two of her students, in which she exacts her revenge in a very calculated and slowburn way.

It's similar to Park Chanwook's Vengeance trilogy(Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy and Lady Vengeance), but it has other elements thrown in to keep it unique from the films I just mentioned. Very well made, but also very dark and depressing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590089/

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Zinle wrote:
Yeaaaah...Why I like Sweeney...
I remember when I just decided to see it for lolz after hearing that Johnny Depp sings in it,
but I was surprised. He has a good voice. I swear; if I'd ever be attracted to males I make him as my target.
Umm...Moving on...

From what I know, the entire world is Deppsexual. Except my mom, she can't stand him for some reason XD

MOVIE
If I made a general list, I'd never start, so I'll first pick a movie. I'm going to go wiiiiith Treasure Planet; out of all the Disney movies, this, Atlantis, and Lilo and Stitch are the three movies I continuously go back to, watching over and over. Treasure Planet's visuals are beautiful, with fluid 2D animation and very good 3D for the worlds and B.E.N. (AND SPACE WHALES) for its time. I really respect it because Jim Hawkins is a kid who goes through all of his issues and never gets a love interest. It's a movie where a love interest just doesn't fit, and it focuses more on how he finds the strength to overcome his pain and hardships. I also used to think Scroop was hella scary and I really love the father/son dynamic between Silver and Jim.
Ooh, can't forget the music! Jim's theme brings a tear to my eye every time. "Ya got the makings of greatness in ya..."

TV
Alright, TV show! Augh, so many good ones I'm watching right now. Phineas and Ferb, Young Justice, ThunderCats, Generator Rex... I'm gonna go with Generator Rex since I've watched all the episodes so far and unlike YJ and TC it's been on the air long enough to really develop its story. I didn't get into it until the second season, but the animation is quite impressive. If you watch this, then watch Ben 10: Alien Force (which is an alright show, I watch it when it's on and it's got Yuri Lowenthal so XD) I can see that this show puts more effort into... hmm, I'm not that great at the terminology but I guess the shading and movements of the characters are easy on the eyes and don't jolt you out of your suspension of belief.
A minor thing that really excited me was that this was a Mexican-Argentinean hero. How often do you see that? I thought it was weird how he would sneak Spanish phrases into his speech with a bad accent, but once his brother Cesar revealed that Rex sucks at Spanish, it all made sense and twice as funny. The show's also not afraid to take some risks; sure, the main characters have a certain immunity (as in, no main character deaths and such), but they certainly do grow and change as the series goes along. Also the theme song is a total earworm. OH, speaking of which, listen to Van Kleiss' theme. It's just... just... -amazing-, especially at 0:43. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxzMCZwA6CE

Call me Ishmael.

Spoiler: Listing some of my favorite films
A Clockwork Orange
Pink Floyd's The Wall
Léon (The Professional)
Big Fish
Spirited Away
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Wall-E
Shaun of the Dead
Young Frankenstein
Blade Runner
The Shawshank Redemption
Batman (1989)
I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK

That's all I can think of right now.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I tolerate some reality shows such as Jersey Shore and whatnot, they aren't for me and I would never watch them but I know people who do and they're actually pretty intelligent so there must be some merit to it.

Under-aged Defense Attorney

Well my favourite shows are all Anime so here we go. It will be pretty long so it is in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler: My Favourite Shows
~Naruto
Because it teaches a meaningful lesson, has a good story line and when it has a lot of suspense they put in comedy. The comedy is pretty funny.

~S.A
Because it is quite funny and interesting things in it.

~Fruits Basket
Because it has a good story line

~Vampire Knight
Because I can laugh at how stupid some of it is.

~Ouran High School Host Club
When you have a bunch of rich bastards, with different personalities (Princely, Devil Twins, Cutesy Year 12, Cool type who follows the cutesy year 12 around, the evil-smart guy) and a "commoner" who is (a girl) probably the only sane one, put together in a host club. Yeah, it's an interesting combination.

~Kodocha
Because the story unfolds in a good way, the story is good.

~Full Moon wo Sagashite
Because it shows the importance of friendship, kindness and strength. The story is good.

There is a whole lot more, I just can't think of any right now. :edgy:

GOD! MY! OH!

>TV favorites:
The Wire (my absolute favorite, I'd say everyone past a certain age should watch this show before making dumb racist comments against black people or wannabe inteligent statemants about the police/politicians/drug use/crime in general; it shows perfectly that the world never is and never was just black and white, good and bad, its a grey world we live in and just because some of us were lucky to have better upbringings than others doesnt mean we can look down on them and think of ourselves as the better men)

Oz
Luther
Generation Kill
Game of Thrones
Cowboy Bebop
Boondocks
South Park
Batman
The Simpsons (back when I was younger, haven't seen any of the newer episodes)

also I used to like Lost (before they killed of some of my favorite characters and then the plot too),Prison Break (before season 4), House (shoud have ended a long time ago), Heroes (starts of promising, goes full retard seson 2, a little better for a while afterwards, full retard^2 ever since then)
Ultraviolet was mildly good, Samurai Jack and Black Panther were cool shows but not too impresive

>Movie favorties:
well this ones a lot harder, can't pick just a few
if I were to pick the ones which influenced me the most - Ikiru, Do the right thing, Dead Men Walking, One flew over the Cuckoos Nest
also very memorable movies I can think of right of the bat - Strange Days, Dark City, every Miyazaki movie ever, Ghost in the shell, Hunger, Children of men, Oldboy, Taxi Driver, Mystic River, Jacob's Ladder, Mysterios skin
and the usual bunch of great action flicks of course(Terminator 2,Dark Knight etc.)
and for comedies,the one I laughed the most at is probably Shaun of the Dead

The Zelda Geek

I don't watch alot of TV, but one of my absolute favorite shows is Mythbusters.

Like the Hyneman once said, "Mythbusters; we blow crap up."

Jade wrote:
OH, speaking of which, listen to Van Kleiss' theme. It's just... just... -amazing-, especially at 0:43. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxzMCZwA6CE

I agree. This theme is just plain epic.

Call me Ishmael.

I almost never watch TV, but two shows that I used to like are That '70s Show and Venture Brothers.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

My favorite movies of the year have been Captain America, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and The Muppets.

Captain America was great for its theme, the strong picking on the weak really is bad.

I liked Rise of the Planet of the Apes because of how realistic it felt, so modern.

By far, my favorite movie possibly of all time was The Muppets movie. I was never a big Muppets fan in my childhood. I saw this movie because I thought the trailers were kinda funny. After watching it, I instantly fell in love with the Muppets. I knew I just had to see more. I've been doing a lot of research on them and they've got some pretty good stuff.

Okay, Movies I Love:
Spoiler:
Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid. These three movies will always hold a special place in my heart. Pixar's "Up" , Grave of Fireflies: Okay, I know this qualifies as "anime" and not so much as a "movie" but i think it deserves a shout out... Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Moves I tolerate:

Spoiler:
The first six Harry Potter Movies some i tolerated more than others....but I tolerated all of them

TV Shows I Love:
Spoiler:
-NCIS! (Not the spin off!)
-My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

TV Shows that I Tolerate: All the shows that are listed here (with the exception of one) were at one point going to be put in the "Love" category, but right now they all deserve the "Tolerate" category
Spoiler:
-Big Bang Theory.
-Buffy the vampire Slayer.
-Angel
-Criminal Minds
-CSI

TV shows I love are basically just How I Met Your Mother, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Studio 60 and Episodes.
TV shows I tolerate are Glee, Pretty Little Liars, Friends and The Big Bang Theory.

I have a few more I watch on occasion for the funny or the drama.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I recently got into Gravity Falls. Haven't seen all the episodes but the ones I did see were really awesome. Especially that one with the Street Fighter parody. That was amazing.

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

I second the Gravity Falls love!
I wasn't expecting much out of this show at first, but the opening was really cool (and the animation left me drooling) and the sibling dynamic is amazing. It's such a relief to see two siblings that aren't constantly at each other's throats the whole time. It feels very real (and it's probably because it's based on the creator Alex Hirsch and his twin sister Ariel).

I like House, MD.
I already have a big interest in medicine, the psychology of humanity and how it can screw with the body in a way that it results in really bad diseases cropping up, and medical terminology. It can almost be called a fetish of mine, hearing medical terminology being spoken of and in such a way that it seems real. Although it probably has to do with how somebody sounds really intelligent when he can do that - and I like intelligent people. Feels to me like there aren't enough of them.
However, the seasons got . . . not really worse, but definitely not ones that can hold my interest very well. Season 5 was still okay, House came off his Vicodin, but still remained a jerk and all that. But Season 6 had episodes that really were not that interesting to me - and shoving Cuddy and House together in Season 7 was just, frankly . . . I think the entire Season 7 that revolved around Cuddy and House in a relationship was just one giant bone thrown to the audience: "Here! They're together, would you please shut up about it already!?"
It got so boring, I kinda missed the ending episode of Season 7 and the majority of Season 8. Season 8 still has some good episodes, but that whole thing with House marrying a woman just so she can get a permit to live there and then he seems to really fall for her, but he screws it up and ends up alone again . . . and then Wilson gets cancer (I find that hilarious, an Oncologist with cancer!). I still have the last 3 episodes recorded and I am going to watch them. Although I have my theories how it'll end.

Another show, despite its age, I enjoy is ER.
Again, full of medical stuff. Okay, it's about 15 years old and the first few times it was casting or re-running on TV, I ignored it because I wasn't all into it back then. The medical stuff. Lately, I'm watching it again and I have my favorite or preferred episodes, but a ton of them are really boring and parts of it annoy me - does anybody in this work place not sleep with a colleague at one point!? - and I kind of missed the last episode, but my interest was so long back then, I gave up.

CSI. The original one, in Las Vegas. I tried getting into the New York and all other ones, but none held my interest. Mostly because none of the characters seemed all that interesting to me.
Interesting episodes at times, although I have to say, once Grissom left the show, it got pretty boring to me - the last episode with him and some of the episodes of the new guy Langston going after his self-proclaimed archnemesis and Jekyll were nice to watch . . . but Langston and Nate, that part just took too long for my liking . . . and with Langston gone and that new guy appearing, I dunno, it just bores me now.

C-A
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios