Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Star Wars: Episode 7 teaser trailerTopic%20Title

Dracarys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Just saw it. I'm somewhere between hyped and apathetic. I didn't hate anything I saw, but the prequels did sort of kill a lot of the enthusiasm I might have otherwise had.

Lots of people are apparently upset over the "lightclaymore."
Re: Star Wars: Episode 7 teaser trailerTopic%20Title

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Ha, yes I saw the whole argument in Youtube comments about the use of that lightsaber. Really, I don't see why they needed to change anything but I think it could be pretty neat in a duel.

I was against the whole "episode vii" thing from the start because I didn't want Disney to ruin the series (don't like episodes ii-iii much already, Disney or not...) but this looks like it could turn out fine. I did have fear after seeing those movie posters with the Mickey Mouse ears and such.... ew.
No point in really trying to save classic Star Wars completely, they've already turned it into a kid's animated show and such, so some movies won't make it much worse.

I don't really know the storyline, time, or even what these next movies will be covering, but is that the Millennium Falcon I see? It looks a little different. Is it a later/retrofitted model? Anyway, I agree with one of the comments: The best part of the trailer is that classic tie fighter noise. It's epic. :phoenix:
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Dracarys!

I personally think that the new lightsaber is a great opportunity to show off a new fighting style, like the brute force you would see with a real two-handed sword. I doubt they've replaced all the lightsabers with this style.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I thought it was pretty great for a trailer. It showed off just enough to get us excited about. I would have loved seeing the big 3 in the trailer, but I understand why they're saving them for the future.

It feels different from the 6 Lucas-involved movies, but I've found that when I look at it as a "sequel" to the current saga, rather than a continuation of the same thing, I find myself accepting stylistic changes better.

And of course, it's only a minute long, so we still don't really know how the film will look and feel. But I'm very excited at the moment.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

venser wrote:
I didn't want Disney to ruin the series (don't like episodes ii-iii much already, Disney or not...)

They technically already did when they made the entire Extended Universe non-canon.

Dracarys!

Hey, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I own an entire bookshelf dedicated to EU material, but even I'll admit that the EU had grown to a point where it was almost impossible to make something new that didn't contradict half of the stuff already out there.

I'd totally be down for some films on the Yuuzhan Vong though.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I was sad to see the EU go as well (especially the video game end, I was a huge Kyle Katarn fan) but for me personally, the movies were always the most important part of the franchise for me, and without getting rid of the EU they would have either made Episode VII an adaptation of one of the EU books which wouldn't have been as mysterious or exciting or they would have written a new story somewhere in between the books, which probably wouldn't have made for a movie that really felt like a full-on continuation to the 6 we have so far rather than a book prequel or spin-off. But I know a lot of fans are different and to them some of the EU was more important than the movies, so I understand how they feel.

Likely I'd say most of the pre-ROTJ eu stuff will probably still be unofficially "canon", even if Disney won't admit it. The Clone Wars and the recent books like Tarkin have all made references to various EU things.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios