Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 3 of 3[ 109 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: RP Proposal ThreadTopic%20Title

Sylph of Doom

I have some thoughts on a Pokémon roleplay if anyone is interested. I really only care for small roleplays with one or two other people. I can make some plot/guidelines after I hear if anyone's interested in that.
Yours in Eternity

In Justice We Trust

I'd like to see what you have in mind, Spider. I can't promise that I'll join unless I know your plans and like them.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Small RP won't get far with one or two people, but I do enjoy Pokemon so I may join.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Danksgiving

Quote:
Small RP won't get far with one or two people,

pretty sure an RP with one person in it is just a fanfiction or something

Danksgiving

Anyone up for some Play-by-Post tabletop roleplaying? I've got some DnD first edition, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu and Edge of the Empire. And I have premade stuff for each one in case you all hate my GMing (understandable).

Gettin' Old!

I'm down for some Pathfinder and Edge of the Empire.

D&D first edition though? Are you mad?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ready for action!

Anyone up for a detective/murder mystery RP set in the AA world? Not quite sure on the plot yet, just gauging interest.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

Wow , this is the first time in a while it seems. I've been RPing before, once here and ongoing in another forum I frequent and I think I'd be interested in this sort of thing, especially being a big fan of Ace Attorney.

Gettin' Old!

You have my interest
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ready for action!

Okay it took a bit of time, but I finally have a plot. I think.

Spoiler: Plot
[A series of mysterious murder cases are plaguing the city all of a sudden. Each murder is different than the last and the methods are all different too. The victims are all people related to past cases. Some were innocent people. Others were related to cases indirectly. Detectives and police officers have also been found dead. The murderer is unknown, different pieces of evidence pertaining to them is all different. Will you be able to solve the mystery behind this series of gruesome murders? Or will you become a victim yourself?

Basic Rules:

-Canon characters are permitted, but do try and keep them accurate to the games.

-This is my first time GMing, so I'd appreciate it if someone took the role of the villain. If you feel you're up to it, you have full artistic freedom with them!

-This will be done in the traditional RP style, Paragraph style.

-No killing off other people's characters. However, you are free to harm them. Just don't take it too far.

-Characters aren't expected to work together, if you choose to make your characters hostile to another person's than feel free to!

-NPC's can be used by anyone. Not just the GM.

Feel free to critique/suggest things to add to it.

Shy guy

I'd be down for this as well.

When you say canon characters are permitted, are they merely permitted, or preferably expected?

Are there any limitations on how important a canon character we can choose?

What time period is this, relative to the games?

Are we expected to work towards some goal, or is RPing the characters more important?

Is there any form of structure, or are we free to generally post as we wish, as long as it's sensible?

Actually, thinking about canon characters, if we choose one of the main ones with special powers, what happens? (It would be an extra advantage for someone to pick Apollo and have his perception, say.)

Is it one character per person? What happens if someone picks Phoenix and also wants Maya as an assistant? Or a similar concept for a more minor character, like a Kitaki with a bodyguard or something.

How would the villain work? Many of their actions would be private, presumably, so would they all be PMed to you?

Sorry for all the questions :p Many aren't relevant to me, but it's good to know these things.

Ready for action!

Haha, no worries! I welcome the questions!

-They are permitted! I myself will be using two OC's, so I'm not fussed about canon characters being in it or not.

-You can choose any canon character you like, apart from those that are dead.

-Timeline wise, between DD and SoJ.

-The goal is to figure out the mystery surrounding the villain. Either on your own or with the help of other characters.

-You can post whenever you like! There's no strict form.

-Characters with special powers are permitted, but they may have to be nerfed a little bit (Apollo's bracelet doesn't react to every single lie perhaps, or Phoenix can only see red psyche locks) or if a certain character is lying, they could choose not to cooperate at all and leave on the spot.

-You can use as many characters as you like! If someone wants to use Phoenix/Maya or Apollo/Trucy, then go for it.

-I don't want to be too controlling, so whoever picks up the villain I would PM them some info about what they're like and what sort of clues to leave behind. Everything else like motive and personality, is up to the chooser. Full artistic freedom!

Shy guy

Nice! Viva la freedom!

I would have to assume spirit channeling would highly nerfed, if even allowed, unless the villain wants to deal with every one of their victims being able to give testimony XD

Ready for action!

Yeah I'd say Spirit Channeling should maybe have a 5-10 minute time limit, even for experienced people like Maya.

Gettin' Old!

Spirit channelling should be like a paragraph or left for doubt (spirits can lie after all)

I'm into It
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

I had a few ideas for a few RPs.....

A Final Fantasy RP, A Pokemon RP, A Dragon Quest RP, or a Final Fantasy X Dragon Quest RP. :gymshoe:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Edit: It has begun! Please report to the sign-up/OOC thread if you wish to join. SHSL Thanks to JesusMonroe for creating DR F1 and for adding a link to this post there! Have a Hope Fragment for being awesome! :cookie:

Here's an idea I came up with based on the recent Danganronpa game in the BBC section. I'd like to call it:

Danganronpa School Mode Edition: Super High School Level (or Ultimate) Class Trip!

Basics: The idea is pretty simple: A number of students are attending a school known as Hope's Peak Academy. The school's always changing over time. Every week the students will be transported to a different location with several different sub-areas. Students can either elect to come along for the week's trip or "go home for a while" to allow for other characters to participate. If a character elects to "go home," they can come back at the start of a week when sufficient space opens back up. (These rules are tentative and won't even matter if activity isn't super high.)

Weekly Scenery Change: In the final twenty-four hours of the week, students will be allowed to discuss ideas for where they'd like to go next for the class trip. The best idea can then be voted on, and the winner--the one who suggested the chosen idea--can become the "chaperone" for the next week. The Chaperone would be allowed to pick one other student as their assistant.

Chaperoning: The chaperone would be responsible for making sure the students stay safe, but that they also remain studious! Really, the chaperone's job would be to answer any questions the others might have about the locations and where students are able to go. They should also strive to provide an interesting scenario or situation for the students to work through that week, or they can just let the other students slack off. Whatever!
Note: The time frame/duration for class trips is up for discussion as well. I just thought one week would be a good starting point. If students really like a particular location, they could vote to remain there for another week. If this happens, it's up to the Chaperone to decide whether or not they wish to pass the buck to someone else, and how said buck would be passed. Voting to remain for another week will not extend the duration of Free Time Event topics. Speaking of which...

Free Time Events: Also, once a week, each student may elect to [use Free Time to get to know] another student. They and their partner will receive access to a private topic that only they (and the one who gave them the topic) can see and post in. If the other student decides to reciprocate and use their [free time] on the first student, then they will become best friends and the topic becomes permanent. Otherwise, the topic will be locked at the end of the week. Better luck next time! There should probably be a limit on the number of best friends a student can have (Maybe 3 or 5), and once that limit is surpassed, they will have to choose to "unfriend" somebody. Sor-ry!

Other rules: Each student is also required to possess a certain [talent], prefixed with "Ultimate" or "Super High School Level" (or the Japanese equivalent), but other than that there is no limit to the type of person they must be. I wouldn't even limit the number of boys vs. girls unless you guys think an even distribution is that important.

Character Sheet
Name*: //Can be a full name, stage name, screen name, or even just your CR username!
Age: //Anything believable, preferrably high school (mid-teens) or even college age (Late teens through twenties)
Gender: //Guy? Gal? Something in between? Nothing at all? Everything at once? Prefer not to say? All up to you.
Talent*: //Ultimate or SHSL ______ (For Danganronpa veterans, limit one Lucky Student please.)
Appearance*: //Can be vague or detailed, but please give us something by which to imagine your character.
Personality: //How should we expect your character to act in certain situations? Can be left secret for that extra level of unpredictibility.
Extra Info/Notes: //Anything else you'd like us to know about your character or their backstory. Likes, dislikes, interests, turn-offs, favorite things, anything like that and more!

Fields marked with a * are mandatory. The rest is optional and can be left blank or listed at ???.

Spoiler: Copy-pastable version
Code:
[u]Character Sheet for [USERNAME HERE][/u]
[b]Name*[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Talent*[/b]:
[b]Appearance*[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Extra Info/Notes[/b]:

What do you guys think? Sound pretty cool? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below, and don't forget to like and subscribe!
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Last edited by Slezak on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

So it's like Danganronpa, but without all the murder? Ehh.

I'd be down for it. A week sounds a bit long for the content you have but we'll see.

Gettin' Old!

So it's a high-school roleplay without any objective?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

It doesn't HAVE to be a Danganronpa-themed RP. I originally had an idea that would have just been a Road Trip. Same idea, where characters would roleplay in various crazy (or mundane) locations and just had fun in whatever situations they decided to put themselves, but there were no required talents or free time events. I only decided to add the Danganronpa theme because I was enjoying playing the game in the BBC section and I thought it would drum up some interest.

So it's not that there's no objective, it's just there's no real progressing story to it. Look, this section of the forums is pretty much dead at the moment, right? I was just trying to think of a way to maybe revive it by creating a more casual, always-evolving RP. If anyone would still be interested, I can stip out the Danganronpa elements and just make it a general Road Trip RP like I was originally planning.
100% pure Joy.

Last edited by Slezak on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Oh, alright. If that's it then I'm down with it. Can I just PM you the info Slezak?

Um, I don't know how the RP creation process works from here. I thought it had to be expressly approved and then I could create an OOC topic where people could sign up.

In the meantime, yes you are free to PM me your character's info. Keep in mind that this info WILL be made public in a class roster though, unless you tell me exactly what you wish to remain secret. I am planning on participating in the RP as well, just acting as a general mediator handing out the free time topics and making sure the voting process went smoothly.
100% pure Joy.

Happy Maria

PottassiuM.

I created a poll to see whether people are fine with the DR elements or if they'd rather just do a generic road trip. Please only answer the poll if you'd like to join the RP. Thanks for your input.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13385105
100% pure Joy.

In Justice We Trust

[clears throat]

I wrote:
Once you think the RP's ready to go, send me a PM.

I see no problems with your proposed RP, so I'll let the matter go this time. Just make sure you run a proposed RP by me before starting the OOC thread next time.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
[clears throat]

I wrote:
Once you think the RP's ready to go, send me a PM.

I see no problems with your proposed RP, so I'll let the matter go this time. Just make sure you run a proposed RP by me before starting the OOC thread next time.

Oh my, my sincerest apologies. I was wondering if I needed to contact someone first or if I just needed to drum up enough interest. I couldn't seem to find that anywhere in the general RP rules, but I guess I need to read the topics it references more thorougly. Thank you very much for clearing that up though, and I will not forget this for next time. In the end, this is my attempt to kind of revive the RP section, but I feel bad now that I've unintentionally broken a rule doing it. Thanks for your approval in any case, even though I feel bittersweet about it.
100% pure Joy.

I absolutely want to be the Chaperone for one of these weeks and absolutely want to plan a mystery that needs to be solved for it

I thought this was a role play thread... lol
Page 3 of 3 [ 109 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay