Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

What is the point...Topic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Of Closed RP's?

I can understand Closed Rp's with 4+ people or even three but I think two sorta defies the point of RPing on a board in the first place. (Theres msn, AIM and the like where you could do so)

On the other hand, closed Rp's with a good amount of people work really well. This is just my opinion and I hope I haven't offended anyone. This just seemed like a interesting discussion topic (Although this might be in the wrong place)
Re: What is the point...Topic%20Title

I'm back and no one cares!

now that i think about it your kinda right
what do i is called rollplaying, i really don't think i am richard.

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

I think the law on here should be that a roleplay must have four or more players before it may become closed to the public. Otherwise they should make their roleplays over msn or another forum. There ahouls also be an adult roleplay bit, for violent ect ones, but that may be pushing it a bit ^^;

Matt Engarde with Boobs

Honestly, if I'm going to be RPing with someone and an intergral part of their personality/history has happened in a one-on-one/closed-style RP, I'd like to be able to go and check it out.

Besides, it's also a good way to scope out potential one-on-ones. *nod* If you're only interacting with one or two people, it's easier for you to focus on the writing and personality aspect. :3

I don't mind 'em, honestly. I mean, it's not like they're hurting anyone.
Signatures are inferior.

spr fckn srs peepz

They're not hurting anyone per se, but when I see so much closed RPs, I kinda assume that they're pretty much all closed to me.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

The Stuff of Legends

I don't see the problem with closed RPs. If people want to RP with only one or two other people, more power to them. They can do whatever they want.

I don't think it's hurting anyone. Personally, I prefer it if people come straight out and tell me they don't want me involved in their merriment rather than just tolerate my presence once I inevitably show up.
The post has ended.

XD

Dr. Wilder wrote:
Personally, I prefer it if people come straight out and tell me they don't want me involved in their merriment rather than just tolerate my presence once I inevitably show up.

The way this sounds just kills me.

And, yeah. If you don RP with someone over AIM, then although it's more immediate, you could almost imagine it never happened. Although I'm probably not gonna read most of these close roleplays, at least I can read them. Although I do agree most of the time, close roleplays seem a little stuck-up, if you will.

spr fckn srs peepz

Madfoot713 wrote:
Although I do agree most of the time, close roleplays seem a little stuck-up, if you will.

I don't think it's so much the closed RPs that are seemingly the problem more than they all popped up at the same time. Honestly, I would love RPing on this board, but to me, it seems as though all the RPs are closed.

It's not really stuck-up, anyway. I understand the necessity of closed RPs sometimes. It's just the perception I get is that I am not welcomed here, and anyone who didn't frequent that board all that often may get that same perception.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

Quote:
but when I see so much closed RPs, I kinda assume that they're pretty much all closed to me.

;o; It's okay! There closed to all of us, it isn't just you!

Quote:
but to me, it seems as though all the RPs are closed.

That's the first thing I noticed when I came on here.

Quote:
It's just the perception I get is that I am not welcomed here, and anyone who didn't frequent that board all that often may get that same perception.

That's quite true, but I don't think many of us came here just for the roleplaying ^_^; I know I didn't. The main focus is on all the boards at the top, so these boards kind of get left alone most of the time. If you report it to the admin maybe they'll do something about it?

spr fckn srs peepz

Liquidzilla wrote:
;o; It's okay! There closed to all of us, it isn't just you!

It's better explained on the quote further down, but it's more of a perception thing. It's not the "closed RPs are closed to me" thing, but more "since there are so much closed RPs, the rest have to be closed too."

Quote:
That's quite true, but I don't think many of us came here just for the roleplaying ^_^; I know I didn't. The main focus is on all the boards at the top, so these boards kind of get left alone most of the time. If you report it to the admin maybe they'll do something about it?

Honestly, I didn't come here for the roleplaying at all. It's kind of a bonus feature for many of us here (I think I have... like, a grand total of 3 posts in the RP section, maybe 5 not counting the 3 posts in here). And as far as the admins go, unless someone really breaks the rules here, it really isn't their problem. It's a pretty free-form board here, and I don't want to change that. I just wanted to raise this question (when I posted the first time) because there was something like 3 closed RPs for 4-5 open ones. There truly seemed to be a perception problem.

Matt Engarde with Boobs

Actually, there are several open RPs. *nod*

And then only like... two closed ones.

Although I'm tempted to like. Randomly open a closed RP and then invite anyone who wants to play in it. xD; Because... because I can. :P
Signatures are inferior.

spr fckn srs peepz

Kit Merow wrote:
Actually, there are several open RPs. *nod*

And then only like... two closed ones.

Although I'm tempted to like. Randomly open a closed RP and then invite anyone who wants to play in it. xD; Because... because I can. :P

At the time of the post, it really seemed like a lot :P

The rest of the posts? Explaining the position more in detail. However, as more RP locations appeared, the problem has solved itself.

Personally I don't mind them.There are many RPs that are open to anyone, and I would want people to join them.

EDIT: Sorry to bump the topic I didn't know it was a month old.
Vicki made my sig~<3 Click sig to go to PW art thread!
My art blog ~ http://pheokirby.blogspot.com/
Wanna Brawl sometime? PM me for friend code~ :>
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay