Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 5 of 5[ 170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Prosecutors officeTopic%20Title

XD

Darke stormed out of the elevator, still angry about his conversation with Skye, and about how Lahai had come in and made him out to be a fool. He was going to his office to pick up some files, then straight to the police station, so he could talk to somebody about investigating for that Sanders case. In his anger, however, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and he knocked into someone.

*BAM*

Darke momentarily lost his balance after knocking into Jenny, and wailed his arms around in an attempt to not fall down. Unfortunately, he managed to whack Snipe in the face at the same time.

"I'm sorry! Excuse me, excuse me..." Darke took a bit of time to refocus his vision, then spoke again. "Excuse me, so very sorry, Westheaven, Snipe... please tell me you to are both alright? I can explain,"

Stop ruining my epic moment! D<

Madfoot713 wrote:
Darke stormed out of the elevator, still angry about his conversation with Skye, and about how Lahai had come in and made him out to be a fool. He was going to his office to pick up some files, then straight to the police station, so he could talk to somebody about investigating for that Sanders case. In his anger, however, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and he knocked into someone.

*BAM*

Darke momentarily lost his balance after knocking into Jenny, and wailed his arms around in an attempt to not fall down. Unfortunately, he managed to whack Snipe in the face at the same time.

"I'm sorry! Excuse me, excuse me..." Darke took a bit of time to refocus his vision, then spoke again. "Excuse me, so very sorry, Westheaven, Snipe... please tell me you to are both alright? I can explain,"

"Waaaaaaah!"

Suddenly, Jenny found herself being knocked into. She quickly jumped out of the way of flailing arms, though the other may have hit her flailing red braids, but not that she minded that too much.

"Whoa...Mr. Darke!" the young woman exclaimed. "Th-that was a surprise...are you okay...? You seem upset...."

Silly little prosecutor girl. She must have been one of the most compassionate prosecutors known to man.

XD

Darke sighed. "Young lady, I'm fine. I just got into an argument with the chief prosecutor upstairs--let me tell you, you can't trust Lana Skye. She's a dirty cheater, a lawbreaker, and she should be fired." He put his hand over his eyes and said, "Well, I''ll be seeing you two. I have an investigation to handle, and if I don't get that Sanders guy arrested..." He went in the direction of his office.

some sort of diabolical mastermind

Madfoot713 wrote:
Darke sighed. "Young lady, I'm fine. I just got into an argument with the chief prosecutor upstairs--let me tell you, you can't trust Lana Skye. She's a dirty cheater, a lawbreaker, and she should be fired." He put his hand over his eyes and said, "Well, I''ll be seeing you two. I have an investigation to handle, and if I don't get that Sanders guy arrested..." He went in the direction of his office.

As if in a flash, Kante stepped inbetween Darke and his office. "I heard about what you said, 'bout Lana." He sighed, then continued. "I don't agree. She forged evidence to save her own sister, and even then it was the COP, Damon Gant, imagine the world of pain Miss Skye would have been through if Ema was found guilty." He cluctched his arm tightly, as if he understood the pain Lana felt.
And he did.
"Let me tell you a story..." Kante said, opening the door to Darke's office and letting himself and Darke in.
---
The summer of 2012. Kante was still in high school, a freshman in Year 7. His father, Melvin Kante, owner of the Wonderworld Hotel, was held on trial for the kidnapping, torture and murder of two 15-year old girls throughout a two-week period in his very hotel.. Kante knew his father was innocent. He saw the last attack happen with his own eyes. Maria Sharpton was a Year 9 at Kante's high school, and had a grudge against his father. But even Kante knew not of her motives.
The stage was set on July 19th. Melvin was talking to his defense attorney, a man known as Souryuu Kaminogi (WOOOOOO!).
"I, I never killed anyone!" Melvin yelled, sounding desperate.
"Calm down Mr. Kante." Kamimogi said. "Those kittens were never killed by your hands."
Melvin wasn't listening. He was panicked, frightened at the fact that the general population wanted him executed. Kante kept looking at the attorney, thinking to himself. 'Why defend a man who the world wants his blood?' Kaminogi knew his client was innocent. Always happened since day one.
"Could you repeat your story again?" the attorney asked, taking a sip out of his coffee. 'That's the third mug today.' thought the young student, clutching onto the briefcase Kaminogi told him to hold onto.
"Like I said, the girls just came in on their own, looked frigging beat down, so I gave them a room at half-price. That's all I know!"
Kante sighed, then stepped forward. "I've hidden something..."
Kaminogi gasped, dropping his coffee mug, shattering into pieces. The remnants of the bitter drink shot down onto the ground like a typhoon reaching the shores of a piece of land. "WHAT?" he yelled, jumping up from his seat. Kante stayed awfully calm, then muttered,
"I saw the murder."

---
"It's a painful memory... but that's not all. I had to testify for my father. But the prosecution just dropped it like it was a crumb from food. Worthless.
"I became a prosecutor for this reason. That the real culprits are sent to justice. Never about personal gain..." He trailed off, lost in a dark whirlpool of memories. Painful, awful ones.

Look inside the scope...

Snipe rubbed his face with eyes shut. Richter took a step forward, looking straight towards Darke:

"You! Stop right there!"

The room trembled a bit, when Richter shouted. Richter took few furious steps towards Darke:

"Stop, where you are." *tremble*

Snipe raised his hand: "Richter, at ease."

Richter stopped, where he was: "Yes SIR!" *tremble*.
Snipe smiled to Darke: "I heard, what you said. Need assistance?"

Madfoot713 wrote:

Jenny stopped cold.

"...Sanders? As in, Peter Sanders of the Smith and Co. Law Firm?"

Great. Just GREAT. What happened now? Jenny knew Peter only by name and verbal info based from Jake...but, from what he said, Peter wasn't a bad guy...but, he always found himself in trouble.

XD

Darke turned around impatiently. "Snipe, I'd love to talk to you about this offer, but now's not the time. I'll speak to you later." Then to Westheaven, "Yes, it would be Peter Sanders indeed. I'm prosecuting against him, and I'm gonna be investigating in a couple hours. I'll see you later, Jenny Westheaven." He made his way into his office, leaving Snipe and Jenny alone again. Once inside, he found Kante. He told him he was eavesdropping, and then went on to tell him a story.

When he was finished, Darke nodded slowly. "Kante... I never knew you went through something like that. I thank you for finding your trust in me." He was silent for a few seconds, then spoke in a less somber tone. "James, there's something you don't understand. I realize that Lana thought she had no other choice, but her willingness to cover something up when it was convenient for her took away an innocent life. Joe never killed anybody, and I have evidence to back that up. Didn't it ever seem odd that they found no evidence about the serial killings?" Darke was quiet, to allow a response.

As Darke walked away, Jenny sighed, looking more than a little disturbed and upset. She looked downright frustrated, even angry.

"...Sanders...you fool, what have you gotten yourself into this time?" she said softly. Indeed, a compassionate prosecutor. "If I find out it's a murder trial...oh man, Jake will have your head..."

some sort of diabolical mastermind

Madfoot713 wrote:
When he was finished, Darke nodded slowly. "Kante... I never knew you went through something like that. I thank you for finding your trust in me." He was silent for a few seconds, then spoke in a less somber tone. "James, there's something you don't understand. I realize that Lana thought she had no other choice, but her willingness to cover something up when it was convenient for her took away an innocent life. Joe never killed anybody, and I have evidence to back that up. Didn't it ever seem odd that they found no evidence about the serial killings?" Darke was quiet, to allow a response.

"No." he said, his fists curled up, as if he was about to punch something. "The evidence was covered up, I agree, but Darke turned himself in for the other killings. Neil Marshall however, the COP killed him. Not your brother." He crossed his arms, looked up at the ceiling, and finally spoke. "You want a promotion? What kind?"

XD

Darke brushed the talk of promotion off-honestly, he wondered how Kante realized he wanted one, but he wasn't thinking about that right now. He was too worked up in this argument to worry about that. "We'll get to that later, James. But my brother is not a murderer, and I'll prove it someday! I mean, doesn't it seem strange to run away after turning yourself in? That's because he didn't do it! Whose word do we have that he did? Gant, that's who--Neil was the only other one who knew the truth, and Gant killed him!"
Page 5 of 5 [ 170 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay