Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 6 of 10[ 375 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Re: Spin The Bottle Part 4~Topic%20Title

Insanity at its classiest.

Chase sat back onto his hands and scanned the circle once more, absently. He knew quite a few of these people from the school, but at the same time, there were others he'd never seen before. His eyes met a lonely-looking girl to the side of the group, not seeming to be a part of things. "Hey," he spoke, sitting up. "Why don't you come sit over here, with us?" Chris smiled invitingly at the girl.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

Objectionable

One of the boys from the apparent awkward moment earlier invited her into the circle. Melissa smiled back and sat down where Kiwoharu had been before she arrived. This party looked enjoyable, though by the sound of it, this game was more her type of thing than Kiwoharu's. She wondered if he'd be back soon.
This evidence clearly contradicts your claim!

Chris grinned, trying to put his past embarrasment behind him. "There we go! What's your name?" he asked, trying to inject some life back into not only himself, but the rest of the party.
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

Objectionable

"Melissa Myers. How many of these people do you know?" She replied glancing around. Not going to the same school meant she didn't know any of these people- though she knew of Trucy, as Kiwoharu had once convinced her to see one of her magic shows. She hoped this party continued soon.

Chris thought for a moment. "Well, I know Darren and Alex, and Trucy too. Beyond that, I can't say I know too many people that are here, although I'd hope they've come to see my shows some time."

((Hey guys! I'll post this here and in the OOC thread, but in the next couple of months or so I'm going to be really busy with university application processes, especially as one of them is Oxford, so I really won't have as much time for this as I should. ;__; I'll still keep up with the RP, and hope to occasionally post, but I just want to ask that you could keep my characters' interaction relatively off-central. Sorry to be a pain. <3))
^ Click for my graphics ^

Chris looked down at the bottle, sitting there on the floor. "Hey, Melissa, why don't you be the next spin? I mean, if you're not scared or anything," he challenged with a smirk.

Waiting on Godot...

((Oh- just realised- Melissa doesn't have any spins yet- just use Kiwoharu's spins for now till he rejoins the game :) There's plenty of guys to pick from in those spins :hobohodo: ))
ImageImageImageImage

Objectionable

"Sure, I'll spin next." Melissa replied. The bottle was spun twice, and came to rest on a nerdy looking boy and the one who had invited her to the circle. This should be fun, she thought. She was more adventurous compared to Kiwoharu, for certain.

Captain Hair!

Artie had been keeping quiet for quite some time, not paying attention to the game. Twiddling his thumbs as he stared at a spot on the floor, Artie suddenly got the sensation that he was being watched. He craned his neck upward, and saw that the bottle was pointing directly at him. "Oh...Is it my turn now?" he asked, not having realized who had spun him.

Waiting on Godot...

Darren flicked a coin to Melissa with a smirk.

"Alright then, call it. Heads or tails. Lets see if you need to do a dare as well."

((Remember the options. If she calls it right, she can opt out or in. If she doesn't call it she HAS to do a dare. It's your choice what she flips))
ImageImageImageImage

Objectionable

A dare, eh? Sounds even more fun. She guessed the coin right anyways, but then replied, "I'll take a dare anyways." This game was better than she had initially heard it would be.

Chris grinned. "Alright! Well, what'll it be, then? I was never very good at picking dares... Darren, why don't you give her one? Or maybe Alex. He's pretty devious," he suggested, sitting back. He was probably way in over his head asking the very same person who'd given him the first dare to do the next, but he didn't really think about it.

Waiting on Godot...

Darren glanced at Alex agitatedly, crossing his arms. Alex's dare could've gotten Chris and himself in a whole load of drama outside of the game. He wasn't too happy about it but hey, this dare wasn't for him so why not?

"Yeah- how about you suggest one, Alex. I mean, you're a seasoned professional at these game too now, right?"

"You're just too competitive, Jones," Alex smirked, "Let me get away with being an ass to you. It's not as if I get to do it every day."

"Yes it is," Darren retort.

"You still deserved it though," Alex grinned, putting his hands on his hips and leaning forward daringly, "I'll take your challenge though. I want you to convince one of the adults to play the part of a minister for a fake marriage with one of these two guys, and then 'get married'. Oh yeah, you'll need rings and stuff which you'll have to wear for the rest of the game. You can 'divorce' at the end of the game."

((Sorry- this one is weird. I thought that the drama for it was funny though XD ))

((Panda- can you start with something at least? I don't mind if I have to feed ideas to you. We need to get this dare rolling.))
ImageImageImageImage

Chris raised an eyebrow. "Well, that's kinda elaborate. I guess the real challenge of the dare is choosing one of us over the other, huh?" he said, with a grin.

Waiting on Godot...

"Hardly," Alex crossed his arms challengingly, "You have to convince one of the adults to marry the two of you first. And really, what's marriage without romance?" Raising a brow, Alex glanced to Melissa, "That's what you ladies want, right? True love? Marriage? Chose your 'husband' right. I want to see how much a relationship means to you."

Sitting back onto the floor, Alex gave Darren a look to tell him to STFU with the doofy grin he had adopted. Sure, Chris was being charming to the new girl, but he was so close to having to declare undying love to her for a shotgun wedding. This was more serious to him than Darren would EVER realise.
ImageImageImageImage

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

((See the OOC thread for explanation of my slow posting- I really do apologise for the delay D:))

"In fact... I require that it is Alexander you do this dare with so he adjusts to the parameters of this game."

For a few moments, Theresa was at a loss for words- a rarity for the usually sharp-tongued waitress. It could be worse, she reasoned to herself. In a way performing an embarrassing dare with a stranger whom it was unlikely she'd meet again was actually better than having to do it with one of the people in the room she was actually acquainted with. But still... There was the small matter of what exactly she was supposed to fantasise about. In a company of people of whom she only knew two well, there was no way she wasn't keeping it tame to begin with.

Approaching Kraus, Theresa tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and began to speak.

"In terms of setting, I'm going to pick one I'm familiar with. It's the Wonder Bar at around 11pm and I've been working a thirteen hour day. There are very few people still left at this time of night, generally poker players, though the scene isn't as competitive as the Borscht Bowl- about four or five maybe, of whom you are one. I finish clearing away the glasses and take a seat near you. The place is pretty empty so the band are about to finish their set early but they strike up one last song to end with. You turn to me and ask me to dance and I don't refuse because the song is one of my favourites and I could stand to be a little more gracious from time to time. I imagine this is very near the point where you discover I'm not an especially good dancer and I tread on your feet..."

Theresa paused and glanced over to Sarah, uncertain as to whether she'd fulfilled her dare requirement or would be expected to continue.

((I invented Theresa as a typically sarcastic pessimist kind of girl but she's actually a pretty die-hard romantic at heart- dancing with a handsome stranger near midnight probably IS one of her fantasies XD))

"It'd so awesome if you joined us!" the blonde girl squeaked and Klavier couldn't restrain a soft chuckle.

"That sounds delightful, Fräulein, but unfortunately I have a party of my own to be getting back to," he replied, tipping his head towards the kitchen. "I'm sure we'll cross paths later though."

"Cara! HEY CARA!" Klavier recognised the voice of the girl who'd spun him twice whilst he was chaperoning the teens game.

"It seems your friends are calling you, Fräulein..."
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Waiting on Godot...

"Vundabar?" Kraus asked in confusion as she talked. When she mentioned the Borscht, Kraus' eye lit up slightly in recognition. That was the host of that gambling joint that Kristoph went to when Zak Gramayre was murdered. He believed that Zeth had gone there a few times to challenge the local talent also. This 'Vundabar' must've been a cleaner joint than the Borscht though... either that or his ear wasn't as close to the scene as it could have been. That's what he had Gant around for though. He had probably played there once or twice.

"You turn to me and ask me to dance," Kraus blinked back into reality, picking up her hand as she rattled out her story,

"Fraulein," Kraus bowed slightly,

"And I don't refuse because the song is one of my favourites and I could stand to be a little more gracious from time to time. I imagine this is very near the point where you discover I'm not an especially good dancer and I tread on your feet..."

"Urgh," Kraus' expression went limp slightly, "This is a fantasy, ja? This experience sounds... mmm..." Pausing, Kraus halted himself. This was her fantasy. If she was a terrible dancer, and doesn't want to dance with him at first in her fantasies, that was up to her, "My dream self would not complain, of course," Lifting her hand higher and drawing her closer to him, Kraus supportively wrapped his arm around her and gave her a kind smile, "A gentleman would never make a lady he asked to dance feel as if she was a burden to him." Taking full control of her movement, Kraus took Theresa around in a full turn of a waltz, "I would of course lead you through a graceful dance, which you'd follow perfectly."

((Lead by someone like Kraus, she'd automatically become a decent looking dancer. IF you're lead by a guy that can dance, it doesn't matter if you don't know the moves because their movements push you where you need to be. I take Ceroc lessons- 100% of Ceroc is following the guy's lead- I can do it and I'm uncoordinated.)

((The idea of this is Kraus is trying to relax Theresa. This may seem like he's hitting on her in text, but imagine that he's just a charming host trying to make his guest feel welcome, but to the point where she feels like she's the most important thing in the room. He's trying to make her comfortable around him. It's hard to explain, but Kraus is like this for everyone. Unless she's paranoid, he's not trying to come across as hitting on her.))

"That sounds delightful, Fräulein, but unfortunately I have a party of my own to be getting back to," Klavier replied, tipping his head towards the kitchen. "I'm sure we'll cross paths later though."

"We better!" Cara grinned, giving Klavier a big grin as she stepped back, "I'm not done with you yet!" Carra gave Klavier a big wave, before darting back off to the lounge to meet up with the rest of the gang.

((Klavier may notice his G necklace is no longer around his neck. Cara took some insurance that he'll see her again XD He'll get it back, but he'll have to spin the bottle first :) Just once!))
ImageImageImageImage

Objectionable

((Since the dare can't be done for a while, I guess I'll just go with the original point of the game.))
"Besides the dare, I think I'll kiss the one who invited me into the circle first." Melissa moved toward Chris somewhat excitedly, but apparently stopped just short of the right distance. "You ready?" She asked. She wasn't nervous, but she hoped that he wasn't either.

Waiting on Godot...

((Why can't the dare be done for a while? There's plenty of players with adult characters you can ask. Just don't ask any of Panda or Nadindi's characters. That's all))

"Wait!" Darren called, raising his hand, "Who are you marrying first? You should chose that atleast first because you're just going to have to kiss them again..." Darren grinned sneakily, "Unless that's what you want?"
ImageImageImageImage

Chris grinned, a little surprised at her eagerness. "Of course I'm ready!" he said with a chuckle. "Go 'head, I won't bite." It felt good to finally be in his element again, with girls.

Objectionable

((I was just going by what was said in the OOC thread.))

She stopped again, answering Darren. "Fair enough. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad to be tied to Mr. Led Zeppelin here. Speaking of names, I haven't even heard a single one yet." Kissing the same person again wouldn't have been too bad either. There were few things that could happen at a party that she was afraid of.

Chris smiled' extending a hand. "Christopher Trent," he said. "Well, if you're so eager to marry me, then I guess it couldn't couldn't hurt. Just don't be heartbroken when we have to divorce at the end of the night."

Waiting on Godot...

((Actually- just a thought, if Melissa has her ear to fashion, she'd recognise Kraus and Sarah- they're both models. They wont know Zeth, obviously they'd know Klavier, not Ema, possibly know Phoenix if they knew Trucy well... They wouldn't know most of the adults I guess. ))

((Lol Chase you heart breaker XD ))

Alex watch Chris talk with Melissa with a serious expression. He couldn't tell yet if this was just a proud show that he put up to play hard to get, or if he really felt so little about his girlfriends. He was interested to see how this panned out.
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Hair!

Artie let out a barely audible groan as Melissa approached Christopher before even doing the dare. 'You've got to be kidding me,' he thought to himself, 'she spun me first, yet she's already flirting with that other guy?' He tried not to show it in his appearance, but Artie's self-esteem was dwindling with each passing moment.

((Poor Artie, dude T.T))

Chris noticed Artie looking a little angry at Melissa's sudden movement to him. At first, he felt a twinge of guilt for it, but then he decided that it was not his fault in the first place if Melissa wanted to choose someone before another. He still felt bad, but kept his same air of confidence.

Leann Addington quickly adjusted her hair and reglossed her lips. She was so nervous about this party. Honestly, she was surprised when she got an invitation from Trucy in the first place. They were not that close at school. As Leann walked up to the door, she noticed a semi scary looking man blocking her path.
" Um.. I'm here for Trucy's party?" she mumbled in a nervous tone.
" Sure, right through here." And with that, he moved out of her way. As she slowly walked through the door she took in all of her surroundings. There were so many people that everything was hard to comprehend. Unsure of where to go or who to talk to, she found a nice quiet corner, perfect for observing all of her fellow classmates.
Thank you to PandaPrinzessin for the awesome signature(:
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

Waiting on Godot...

((Oh- I was going to play the 'door man'. T.T Oh well. I guess no one wants to talk to Vaughan :( ))

Noticing Artie's rejected look, Darren gave him a jab on the shoulder.

"Hey, don't sweat it dude," he said cheerfully, "It's nothing personal to you. Besides, you still get a kiss from her whatever happens." Adopting a slight grin as he noticed Leann hiding nearby, he nodded to her, "besides, she's not the only pretty girl in the room. How about if you invite her into the circle."

((Feel free to grab a 'minister' from the kitchen :) Be aware though. Cara is scheduled to burst through the door when you do XD ))
ImageImageImageImage

(( I am so sorry!! :( ))

As Leann was looking around, she spotted two guys staring at her. It made her feel incredibly awkward but also a bit confused. She recognized one of them as Darren Jones, who was on the basketball team, but the other guy she didn't recognize. He was wearing a green bow tie, which Leann found funny. Maybe I actually found someone else who doesn't know why he's here, she thought. The thought actually comforted her. Maybe they could be friends, she secretly thought.
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

Captain Hair!

Artie turned to face Darren as he unexpectedly put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, don't sweat it dude. It's nothing personal to you. Besides, you still get a kiss from her whatever happens."

He did make a good point. He knew that he wasn't exactly the popular type, but as long as he was at this party he might as well try to make the most of it. "Yeah...You're right. Thanks, Darren."

"Besides, she's not the only pretty girl in the room. How about if you invite her into the circle?"

Artie turned to face the girl in the corner, who was standing all alone. He figured that it would be okay to step away from the circle for a minute, since Melissa hadn't been paying any attention to him anyway.

He approached the stranger, and attempted to introduce her into the game. She was so beautiful up close, however, that he could barely manage to speak. "Hi there...M-my name's Artie. We're playing spin the bottle, and I wanted you to join...I-I mean, I thought you might want to join, 'cause I saw you standing there by yourself and I thought that maybe..." Artie quickly became speechless. Why was it that whenever things started going well, he always somehow ended up making a fool out of himself?

((Thanks for giving Artie a little push back there. He does have self-esteem issues, but I'm looking to show some improvement in that area as the RP progresses.))

" Um.. hi. I'm Leann. So, you're playing spin the bottle? I've never really played before. But, I guess I could try." Leann was very nervous. She had never even kissed anyone before and if she played, that would definitely change. But, she told herself to be outgoing and try it. After all, what was the worst thing that could happen? It would help her come out of her shell and meet new friends.

Waiting on Godot...

((If she knows Darren, she'd certainly know Alex. The two of them are best friends and VERY competitive with each other. Darren has dated most of the pretty girls in the school while Alex ignores their existence in favor of sport. It's known that Darren is a class clown, while Alex is an adrenaline junkie. You may have heard the rumor that Darren only dates so many girls cause they all date him to get to Alex.))

Darren watched the drama with Artie and the new girl in the room, resting his hands behind his head with a goofy grin.

Hah, they're so awkward together. It'll either be a perfect opportunity for them to break out of their shells or clam up further. Looks like I'll have to be a bit rough on their spins. Wouldn't want them to paddle in the toddler's pool and not find out how deep it can get. Darren grinned further, Actually, Alex has stopped being an ass about this game finally. Perhaps this can be my new fun thing to poke with a stick?

"I know that look," Alex leaned closer so his head was beside Darren's, and looking in the same direction, "You know, not everyone wants to be Mr Popular. They may not want to become party animals over night."

"Pah," Darren responded, puckering his bottom lip out defiantly, "Don't play logical with me, Daniels. They don't know what fun is. They'll never find out till they try it."

"You mean you want to see how they react when they're exposed to YOUR personal brand of fun?" Alex asked coyly, "Your brand of fun is why noone at the school takes you seriously."

"You should talk," Darren smirked, glancing at Alex, "Getting up at 5am so you and the ice can have some 'alone time'? There's loving the game, then there's taking it to bed with you. It's not healthy, bro. You need to talk to real people at SOME point in your life."

Alex opened his mouth to retort, but stopped. It was true. In a way, he was just the same as they were. Withdrawn, quiet... The only person that managed to EVER get him off the ice was Darren, and that was only because Darren was the only person that could keep up with him. Darren glanced back to the two, adopting and inquisitive expression.

"I'm not cold, bro," Darren said, "The deep end isn't so bad when you've sat in it a while, right? They need to learn that. And don't worry," Glancing back to Alex, Darren gave a broad grin, "I make a good life guard. I'll haul their asses out if they need it."
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Hair!

"Um.. hi. I'm Leann. So, you're playing spin the bottle? I've never really played before. But, I guess I could try."

Artie was surprised at Leann's response. He had expected her to be embarrassed or repulsed by him, but in reality she seemed just as shy as he, which greatly calmed his nerves. "Well, feel free to take a seat right over here if you want to play," he said, gesturing toward the circle.

As he turned to face the others, he saw Alex and Darren chatting, and he could have sworn they had been looking at him. What can they be planning? Hmm...I suppose it's nothing. After all, Darren's the one who introduced me to Leann. There can't be any hard feelings between us, right?

Objectionable

Seeing as Artie had someone to distract himself with, Melissa slipped through the broken kitchen doors. She didn't know everyone inside, but there were a few she recognized. The former Ace Attorney she hadn't formally met. And then there were these two models she recognized from a few fashion magazines she kept around. "Mr.Wright, when did you start hanging out with models? Also, we need a minister for someone's fake wedding. Any volunteers?"

Waiting on Godot...

((Remember that I'm classing the dare as have already been happening so that noone is being held up by the action of the dare. Time will equalise after the dare is complete))

"Mr.Wright, when did you start hanging out with models? Also, we need a minister for someone's fake wedding. Any volunteers?"

"EEEEEE!" Cara squeaked as the kitchen door smacked into her face as she went to leave the kitchen. Bashing into her nose, Cara crumpled to the floor with a bloodied nose, slightly dazzled in surprise at being beaten to the door.

Phoenix, Kraus, Zeth, and Sarah glanced towards the door quickly to spot the girl at the door with another girl covered in ringlets on the floor bleeding from her nose.

"Is she ok?" Phoenix asked, glancing at the girl on the ground. Still pinned to Kristoph, he glanced about helplessly.

Sarah glanced at Kraus, not sure how to react to the situation. Kraus gave Sarah a gentle smile, and gave her jaw a stroke.

"Don't worry," Kraus said softly, "I'll take care of this." Striding around the table, Kraus stopped by Cara, and bend down to one knee. "Fraulein," Kraus started, pulling out a clean handkerchief, "Give your nose a pinch here." Showing Cara how to pinch her nose, Kraus dabbed away the blood so it wasn't so sever. Cara nodded, turning a pink colour at Kraus' blue eyes looking deeply into hers. She pinched her nose. Slipping his hand under her arm, Kraus helped her to her feet. Turning to the girl at the door, her gave her a pleasant smile.

"You require a minister, young fraulein?" he asked, wrapping his arm around the injured teenager, "Young love? Or would this be an unusual dare?" Letting out a slight chuckle, Kraus was humoured but these activities going on around him. There was certainly no dull moment in the low economic groups. Marriage was not something that high society took lightly.
ImageImageImageImage

Chris watched Melissa go off into the kitchen, looked over at Darren. "Dude, she's totally into me. She practically jumped to me when I got picked." He grinned and sat back, jumping a little when he heard the shriek from the kitchen. For a moment he wondered what was going on, but let it go.

"Ok." Leann decided she would play and went to go sit in the circle, just like Artie told her to. She was extremely nervous but she tried her best not to let it show. Honestly, she had no clue what to expect from this game. But she just kept trying not to let herself freak out.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

((Hey guys! As my laptop is fixed, my characters will be active from now on unless adverse circumstances arise so feel free to interact with them as much as you like :3

Also, Arky, should I RP Theresa as though the dare has been finished or finish it off myself?))

"I'm not done with you yet!"

Klavier watched with an amused smile as the blonde girl dashed off, registering the absence of his pendant a few minutes later. It looked as though he'd have to briefly rejoin the teens if he had any intention of getting the necklace back... He heard a loud squeak as the girl slammed into the door of the kitchen he'd just been about to re-enter and sensed this might be a moment to announce his return to chaperoning the younger group.

He recognised the man helping her up as Alexander Kraus- what lawyer would not have? Particularly when Kraus was giving so much backing to their elder brother's case.

"I believe this young Fräulein is in need of a minister and as I myself seem to have been manoevred into chaperoning by a certain injured lady, it seems logical for me to volunteer." Klavier turned towards Melissa. "Would that be all right with you?"
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Waiting on Godot...

((Yes- This was 'fast forwarded' in the future so that we could still RP with character in the adults group that would otherwise be preoccupied with the dare. I still want the dare to happen. Just make sure it's clear that it's '5 minutes in the past' or something. Maybe put it in quote tagging or something. I wasn't sure how long you'd be so I had to make a ruling for you. Oh- and there's equal boys and girls now :) We gained a few girls when you were gone :D ))

"I believe this young Fräulein is in need of a minister and as I myself seem to have been manoevred into chaperoning by a certain injured lady, it seems logical for me to volunteer." Klavier said. Kraus noticed a certain pendant of the young prosecutor's in the girl with the ringlet's hand and realised his true intentions, "Would that be all right with you?"

"We cauld dake boh oh you!" Cara exclaimed, forgetting for a moment that she was squeezing her nose to stop it bleeding in excitement, "Du cauld be de reng bearrer," Glancing up at Kraus, the girl's eyes sparkled in plee.

Kraus' eyes widened in horror. Ring bearer? Wasn't that a job reserved for a young girl or boy? And this was rather a better job for the attractive young prosecutor that just offered himself to the cause... not himself. It was.... rather undermining to be such a low rate position.

"Actually," Kraus started, "I think that..."

"IT'S SETTLED!" Cara exclaimed, liberating her nose, and grabbing both Kraus and Klavier by the waist, dragging them into the lounge with a surprising amount of strength for a girl.

"Dude, she's totally into me. She practically jumped to me when I got picked."

"Dude," Darren grinned, giving Chris a high five, "Sounds like the T man lives up to his reputation once again!"

Also noticing the distraction at the kitchen door as Melissa entered the room to find a 'minister', he wondered what was going on. Cara was still back there, and she was squeeling excitedly about Klavier. He hoped that didn't mean she was going to drag him back into the game. He was only just starting to recover his man points since kissing him earlier on that game. Turning red suddenly, Darren's face tensed. It was enjoyable too, damn it. This is so awkward. If word gets out that we made out it really WOULD be something I'd never live down! Glancing about, most of the people that saw the kiss had already left, so it wasn't too bad. Trucy and Nadine had seen it but they wouldn't cause drama... would they?
ImageImageImageImage

Objectionable

Right after Cara said "it's settled', there was a familiar word, if only spoken by someone that wasn't an attorney.

:objection:

Kiwoharu hadn't let Edgeworth get by without teaching him a few words of the trade. "I'm the ring bearer!" He said, stepping beside Melissa. She smiled a little. "He's right. Herr Kraus needn't bother himself with such a task."
Page 6 of 10 [ 375 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay