Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

What kind of roleplays do people want to do?Topic%20Title

Delicious cupcakes!

I've been kind of wary of this roleplay board because there only seems to be one active topic at the moment, and it's Fire Emblem, which I don't know enough about to weasel into at this point in time where it's at. So, this topic's purpose is to figure out who wants to roleplay and what they want to roleplay! I want to start something, but there are too many topics I like and am willing to work with to just pick one and hope for the best..

So! Without further adieu, I will allow others that are interested to post and tell me/everyone what they would want to roleplay here in this board! I will probably insert a list of my own favorite topics later, but for now, ideas, please! <3
Re: What kind of roleplays do people want to do?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

MONSTER HUNTER ROLEPLAY

Something with adventure, a plot, story-driven combat, competent RPer's.

Especially the plot thing, I can't stand aimless 'wander round' RPs these days.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

You’re so small in such a big world...

I'd enjoy RPing something a bit fast-paced, myself. The RPs I'm currently in, on this forum and off here seem move quite slowly. While I certainly don't mind that, something faster paced would be welcome~

I certainly have ideas for RPs that strike me as things that can work with adventure, plot, story-driven combat, and a fast pace, but I think they're probably too obscure to get people interested Buffy The Vampire Slayer or Firefly RP, ftw.

I'll see if I can come up with more generalized RP ideas later, at which point, I'll either post again or edit this one. I generally have no shortage of ideas. It's the mechanics part that kills me, generally. :yuusaku:
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

In Justice We Trust

If you don't mind me asking, Lida, how would one go about creating a fast-paced RP? Even if the story moves quickly, you're still waiting on the other players to post most of the time.
I'll always love you, Max.

Delicious cupcakes!

What about something.. not from an actual thing? An original idea instead of basing the roleplay on a show or book or game? Like a high school for werewolves or a medieval fantasy or something that doesn't restrict the players to only people that have knowledge of the thing it's based on. Those are just random ideas, of course, I'm still listening for ideas from others ;3 But something along those lines, maybe? I think a plot-driven something would be best, of course, to keep people wanting to play towards the goal..

Gettin' Old!

kitsunaii wrote:
What about something.. not from an actual thing? An original idea instead of basing the roleplay on a show or book or game? Like a high school for werewolves or a medieval fantasy or something that doesn't restrict the players to only people that have knowledge of the thing it's based on. Those are just random ideas, of course, I'm still listening for ideas from others ;3 But something along those lines, maybe? I think a plot-driven something would be best, of course, to keep people wanting to play towards the goal..

I think I've seen some people try them before, not saying they wouldn't work but I think most of them started with no objective or direction and so petered out.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Delicious cupcakes!

Then, do you think it might work if there is a solid plot to follow? I don't have any inkling of what might be interesting enough to attract people to it, so obviously I don't have a plot in mind yet, but naturally that would fall into place after we have decided what in the world would be a good subject.

You’re so small in such a big world...

General Luigi wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, Lida, how would one go about creating a fast-paced RP? Even if the story moves quickly, you're still waiting on the other players to post most of the time.

Ah, I guess I phrased that wrong. ^^ I meant more like the story is constantly in motion, and action is consistent. As in, if characters stand around too long, an event happens to get them moving again. Maybe it wouldn't be so much fast-paced as...less bogged down, or dragged out?

For the record, I think Fire Emblem will be moving about like that once we get traveling~

I believe it would work with a solid plot and direction to follow. Might even be good to spice things up by combining general themes or genres. For example, instead of just a medieval fantasy RP, it could be a medieval fantasy mystery RP (which might or might not have been done before). Or the high school could be not just for werewolves, but for all shape-shifters, and the twist could be
Spoiler: I hope this isn't a bad idea...
that the high school is actually not a high school, but a training ground and indoctrination center for the army. Brain washing might even be involved for the more disobedient students? :gant:

Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

In Justice We Trust

Similar to what Pierre mentioned, then. The GM needs to be able and willing to give the players a push in the right direction whenever the plot slows down and the players get bored. Benevolent railroading, as I like to call it.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Sure just so long as there is some kinda direction.

There was an RP about once "Gender-swap RP" and I just sighed because reading the title there's really no aim or point behind it it's just...faffing about. Might just be personal taste but I like at least some kinda plan or structure to an RP.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

i guess it will always come down to three things...
1. (the roleplay) things like the story the setting and its potential as it progresses

2. (the people in the roleplay) things like how many people there are, how interested each person is in the plot and how frequent can one person can post over another.

3.(progression) simply how fast the roleplay moves and how well can people keep up with it.
All three of which the GM needs to be able to manage to keep the roleplay alive.

as for what to roleplay...
cant really say...i guess like pierre said somthing interesting and well structured.
honestly i do have some ideas buuut...never have been quite sure how well the'd be perceived.
plus I cant say im really any good at being a GM.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

There was one RP in which I was involved where I thought we were moving at a pretty good clip story-wise, but then it just died out because people stopped posting. It was about the now sort of cliché idea of getting "trapped inside a virtual-reality computer game". Oh what I would give (probably not much) to be able to play in an RP like that again.

But yeah, anything with a dedicated GM who can keep the story moving and dedicated players who can commit to posting at least once a day sounds like it would work. Of course, you'd also need a way for people who lag behind (accidentally) to catch back up quickly and not lose out too much if they remain inactive for one to three turns.

But that's the thing. Conversation-heavy RPs tend to leave out people not involved in a conversation and can really drag the story down, considering every sentence must be waited on before continuing. I'm not saying conversations are bad, but they're only a good idea if you're still moving along in the story or taking a turn in combat/leveling up/traveling or whatever.

As for RP ideas of my own... I don't have much to contribute. Just the revival of the "Not Just a Computer Game" RP (the one I mentioned earlier in which I partook) or something in that vein. Or, perhaps a sort of retake on the now-dead "Magic School RP" where we actually start having everything. It just seems like people couldn't get into the idea of setting up (picking out and buying books and supplies) with enough enthusiasm. Anyway, that's my two cents worth.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

<3 Godot's Assistant~ OC Rp'er

I want something with canons and OCs...
Spoiler:
and where Godot's out of prison.

Sheer badassery

Personally, I'd love to do an RP where the characters in our Avatars/Signatures go to a magical high school. Sounds normal, right? But there's a little twist to it;
Spoiler:
Later on, it's revealed that the principal is actually planning to either kill the students, or she/he's going to turn them into her/his army, and they have to fight against her/him.

"The DEFENCE calls Nightash!"

Im interested in just a general crossover, where various characters must become attorneys in Phoenoxs world. Anyone else interested? :javado:

The Chocolateholic of CR

Well I made a Paradox RP I mean it be good for a RP to have some Paradox into it with various world into one.... :yogi:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Audere est facere.

((*cue GLaDOS voice* It's been a long time...))

As stated by several people now, the key to any sustainable, plot-based roleplay is a good GM who has either a clear vision of what they want to happen or is really good at coming up with subplots that manage to push the participants in the right direction without sacrificing their part in creating the story as well.

Personally, I'd want to have something competition- or survival-driven. If not, maybe something to do with different times/dimensions/realms, although I think that's all too common.
Or a revival of the PORP
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Gettin' Old!

angel_of_nature wrote:

As stated by several people now, the key to any sustainable, plot-based roleplay is a good GM who has either a clear vision of what they want to happen or is really good at coming up with subplots that manage to push the participants in the right direction without sacrificing their part in creating the story as well.

Personally, I'd want to have something competition- or survival-driven. If not, maybe something to do with different times/dimensions/realms, although I think that's all too common.
Or a revival of the PORP

If I recall correctly in it's hayday, there was an utterly huge post-apocalyptic survival roleplay done a while back. That might not be a bad route to go down again. :ron:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Chocolateholic of CR

angel_of_nature wrote:

Or a revival of the PORP

Times/Dimensions/realms?

That would be interesting....
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay